Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
If its so important then take it to an election! (Read 3204 times)
Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Re: If its so important then take it to an election!
Reply #15 - May 15th, 2012 at 10:38am

Smithy you know Penny Wong will not appeal to the mainstream of Australia for several reasons.

No need to go massively into them here and now, but she will not ever be PM for those reasons.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #16 - May 15th, 2012 at 10:41am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 10:38am:
Smithy you know Penny Wong will not appeal to the mainstream of Australia for several reasons.

No need to go massively into them here and now, but she will not ever be PM for those reasons.

Yes I understand that she is still a bridge too far.
Pity we can't seem to find a "HETRO" with her demeanor and intelligence, well one that has not been ostracized by their party.

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #17 - May 15th, 2012 at 11:01am

Dsmithy70 wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 10:41am:

Yes I understand that she is still a bridge too far.
Pity we can't seem to find a "HETRO" with her demeanor and intelligence, well one that has not been ostracized by their party.

She is the Golden Gate + The Humber + The Brooklyn too far.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #18 - May 15th, 2012 at 1:09pm

Dnarever wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 9:53am:
If its so important then take it to an election!

Not exactly the same advice that Macca was giving John Howard re: Workchoices.

He did and lost

So will Gillard with the Carbon Tax

So will Wong if she contest the next election on gay marriages

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - May 16th, 2012 at 6:57pm

Maqqa wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:09pm:

He did and lost

So will Gillard with the Carbon Tax

So will Wong if she contest the next election on gay marriages

gay marriage eont be much of an election topic. The notion that that many people care strongly is naive.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #20 - May 16th, 2012 at 8:42pm

cods wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 10:04am:

was Howard in a hung govt???????

come on dna every post you mention the Libs.. it has become more and more obvious you support two wrongs making a right..

was Howard in a hung govt???????

Sorry but I see no relivance.

come on dna every post you mention the Libs.. it has become more and more obvious you support two wrongs making a right..

Not mentioning the Libs in the context of right and wrong just pointing out that the poster of this opinion was happy to fight virtually to the death on the exact opposite principle.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #21 - May 16th, 2012 at 10:56pm

Verge wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 9:47am:
The same penny Wong who said she didn't support gay marriage at the last election?

And Joe Hockey supported WorkChoices

( ... he "fessed up" in a candid interview on the ABC's "The Howard Years")

Think, also, Malcolm Turnbull's appointed - but less than heartfelt - job of "trashing" the NBN

It's known as "toeing the party line"

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

MOTR
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - May 17th, 2012 at 2:14am

I disagree. Penny Wong has enough talent that given time she would win people onside. You wouldn't sacrifice her at the next election, but she could conceivably win people over as leader of the opposition. The exposure that comes with that position would give her the opportunity to show case her talents. I think that with where we are as a society the risk is perhaps on par with the Tories putting up Margaret Thatcher.

To pander to the petty prejudices of the ignorant is to become part of the problem. I'm going to back Penny Wong and say she is my preferred leader.

Hunt says Coalition accepts IPCC findings

"What does this mean? It means that we need to do practical things that actually reduce emissions."

IP Logged

GoddyofOz
Gold Member

Vote 1 for Sex, cause
you're gay if you don't

Reply #23 - May 17th, 2012 at 3:36am

The very fact that Wong had to use those words at all is something this country should be very ashamed of.

"A Conservative is a man who just sits and thinks, mostly just sits." - Woodrow Wilson.

True Patriotism is serving your country all the time, and serving your Politicians when they deserve it.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - May 17th, 2012 at 10:08am

buzzanddidj wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 10:56pm:
Verge wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 9:47am:
The same penny Wong who said she didn't support gay marriage at the last election?

And Joe Hockey supported WorkChoices

( ... he "fessed up" in a candid interview on the ABC's "The Howard Years")

Think, also, Malcolm Turnbull's appointed - but less than heartfelt - job of "trashing" the NBN

It's known as "toeing the party line"

Its good practice for Turnball. If he wants to progress thru the party he is going to have to learn about 'toeing the party line'. So far, he has been an ill-disciplined and narcisistic MP.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - May 17th, 2012 at 10:10am

MOTR wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 2:14am:

I disagree. Penny Wong has enough talent that given time she would win people onside. You wouldn't sacrifice her at the next election, but she could conceivably win people over as leader of the opposition. The exposure that comes with that position would give her the opportunity to show case her talents. I think that with where we are as a society the risk is perhaps on par with the Tories putting up Margaret Thatcher.

To pander to the petty prejudices of the ignorant is to become part of the problem. I'm going to back Penny Wong and say she is my preferred leader.

What talent? She has been a very very ordinary minister, her public performances are lame and she has the charisma of John Howard in a coma. And as sexist as it may be, she is also dog-ugly. None of this amounts to anything even approximating good leadership.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #26 - May 17th, 2012 at 10:15am

Quote:
And as sexist as it may be, she is also dog-ugly. None of this amounts to anything even approximating good leadership.

She is MUCH better looking than Bishop, the DEPUTY leader of the Libs or Brony, or lard ass Mirrabella, in fact name ONE Lib that isn't a pig.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - May 17th, 2012 at 10:26am

skippy. wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 10:15am:
Quote:
And as sexist as it may be, she is also dog-ugly. None of this amounts to anything even approximating good leadership.

She is MUCH better looking than Bishop, the DEPUTY leader of the Libs or Brony, or lard ass Mirrabella, in fact name ONE Lib that isn't a pig.

so you are saying those other attributes I mentioned are true?

At least Bishop is identifiably a woman. Wong could easily be misidentified as a man - which was my point. Because she looks and acts like a butch lesbian she will never be PM

IP Logged

Righty27

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 17th, 2012 at 10:44am

Wong is a disgusting dyke, and I feel sorry for shim's its child. It is a gutless, and has no mind of its own, it only toes the party line at all times.

IP Logged

Righty27

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - May 17th, 2012 at 10:45am

skippy. wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 10:15am:
Quote:

Are you blind? All three of those women dress nicely, and actually look feminine, and like women. Not a disgusting lesbian dyke of a creature.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print