Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 59
Send Topic Print
Legalisation of pot? (Read 112147 times)
Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Re: Legalisation of pot?
Reply #765 - Oct 13th, 2015 at 11:19pm

Can you perhaps understand LOD?  that most of the problems to do with DRUG ADDICTION, are because it is ILLEGAL.! 

Ridiculous,  but there it is. Sad

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #766 - Oct 13th, 2015 at 11:33pm

LifeOrDeath wrote on Oct 13th, 2015 at 11:09pm:
Legalization of brain cell killing substances, POT in your case is REFORM to a drug addict and just plain stupid to any sane person that like their children to have all their brain cells.

Society is already full of and had a gut full of stupid people changing out laws to promote everything from buggery to being heroin enablers providing needles so people can continue to kill themselves.

Thank you for your reply 

SADLY   Laws haven't worked, have they.?

You are saying that even those efforts made to reduce harm to society are wrong.

I would say they are trying to help those in need. Reduce AIDS  etc  you know? Seeing as they can't really be open about their situation, 'cos its ILLEGAL.

You have had a life changing experience and feel that there others that are to blame.
ANYONE, in fact, who wants to change the status quo.
Providing clean needles to addicts, for example, raises your ire.

You really need to understand that it isn't your fault, it isn't my fault.  It isn't the fault of the person.

We can only try and act to improve things.  Continued prohibition IS NOT THE ANSWER.!!!!!!!!!!

live every day

IP Logged

LifeOrDeath
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #767 - Oct 13th, 2015 at 11:35pm

Emma wrote on Oct 13th, 2015 at 11:19pm:
Can you perhaps understand LOD?  that most of the problems to do with DRUG ADDICTION, are because it is ILLEGAL.!

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Clearly you have killed one to many brain cells with pot if that's the best you can come up with for trying to legalize a brain cell killing drug.

There is no evidence of the existence of a muslim,mohammed,or quran until 60 years  after mohammed was supposed to have died. Grin Grin Grin Posting on islam just encourages them and is a waste of time.

IP Logged

LifeOrDeath
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #768 - Oct 13th, 2015 at 11:42pm

Emma wrote on Oct 13th, 2015 at 11:33pm:
SADLY   Laws haven't worked, have they.?

What did you expect to happen illegal drugs to disappear ???

Criminals will always be around.

You are saying that even those efforts made to reduce harm to society are wrong.

I would say they are trying to help those in need. Reduce AIDS  etc  you know? Seeing as they can't really be open about their situation, 'cos its ILLEGAL.

So legalizing pot is now going to reduce aids ???
I doubt that

You have had a life changing experience and feel that there others that are to blame.
ANYONE, in fact, who wants to change the status quo.

Nope

Providing clean needles to addicts, for example, raises your ire.

No it raises the level of drug addicts on the streets and provides an "its ok" thumbs up for people thinking to dabble in something that will ultimately destroy their lives.

You really need to understand that it isn't your fault, it isn't my fault.  It isn't the fault of the person.

Its the fault of the criminals bringing it in and making it available and pushing it.

We can only try and act to improve things.  Continued prohibition IS NOT THE ANSWER.!!!!!!!!!!

YOU can say what ever you want prohibition of illegal harmful drugs clearly IS THE ANSWER.

Commonsense dictates making an illegal destructive substance legal is going to increase its use. FACT.

There is no evidence of the existence of a muslim,mohammed,or quran until 60 years  after mohammed was supposed to have died. Grin Grin Grin Posting on islam just encourages them and is a waste of time.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #769 - Oct 14th, 2015 at 12:14am

Its the fault of the criminals bringing it in and making it available and pushing it.

YOU can say what ever you want prohibition of illegal harmful drugs clearly IS THE ANSWER.

Commonsense dictates making an illegal destructive substance legal is going to increase its use. FACT.

[/quote]

Your argument makes NO SENSE.

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #770 - Oct 14th, 2015 at 12:21am

Try to understand that the people will go on using drugs, legal, and illegal.

Banning one as opposed to another is a farce, and unenforceable, and leads to criminals RICHES.
YOU WANT  CRIMS to profit, NOT US.
WHY .   I don't get it. It is a source of so much.... good and ill. 

We can REDUCE the ill and INCREASE the good... if we legalised it.  You can't really believe that a Law will stop this... so what is your agenda.?

POT is relatively harmless ... what is your problem.?  I think if Pot was legal, we wouldn't have anything like the problem we have now, with ICE and crims. For eg.

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #771 - Oct 14th, 2015 at 12:26am

One other thing,. .

Addicts are people.  They need help not inprisonment and persecution.

live every day

IP Logged

LifeOrDeath
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #772 - Oct 14th, 2015 at 12:49am

Lol so your theory is be the dealer and make it a better experience sending people loopy.

Just lovely.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #773 - Oct 14th, 2015 at 9:28pm

we get the message.  How about trying to listen and understand.?  If you don't like what is happening, in the US  states for example .. have a look at what has occurred in Portugal. 
I'd suggest your opposition is an utterly personal matter, hence your inability to approach the matter rationally..

live every day

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #774 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 4:34pm

LifeOrDeath wrote on Oct 13th, 2015 at 11:42pm:

Rubbish. How did that go with alcohol prohibition?

LifeOrDeath wrote on Oct 13th, 2015 at 11:42pm:
Commonsense dictates making an illegal destructive substance legal is going to increase its use. FACT

Well, history seems to indicate some support for that comment at least. Let's face it, people still use alcohol to excess, perhaps only more people do because there are more people about now though...

The important factors here though are;

- Now that alcohol is legal, it's provision is at least partially regulated.
- There are further regulations in place to afford greater protection to the wider community (drink driving, public intoxication etc etc etc) - clearly they are not fool proof, but, how much worse could things be if they were not in place?
- The use of the substance no longer has the threat of criminal conviction for something that is simply a personal choice.

No matter what we put in place, people will still find an outlet for their addictive temperament (if they possess that, or if that possesses them more likely)... However, addiction is a medical and/or mental health issue - remove the criminality and we are one step closer to some help...

Clearly, it takes a much more proactive public will though to really help people with addiction - look how reluctant we are to help problem gamblers - and yet, gambling is legal...

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #775 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 7:34pm

it is true
the world is an unfair place.  I don't see why it is so hard to make things better. Sad

live every day

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #776 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 7:36pm

why would you not want this?

If It Were A Movie, 'Oregon Pot' Would Be No. 4 At The Box Office

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/10/12/447972924/if-it-were-a-movie-o...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

fezz

Where's my red hat?

Reply #777 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 8:52pm

Legalization of brain cell killing substances, POT in your case is REFORM to a drug addict and just plain stupid to any sane person that like their children to have all their brain cells.

Society is already full of and had a gut full of stupid people changing out laws to promote everything from buggery to being heroin enablers providing needles so people can continue to kill themselves.

Are you talking cannabis or alcohol? If the latter, you are correct, if the former...know your subject man.

Latest research shows THC actually helps repair damaged cells and prevent damage to healthy cells.

Alzheimers is one brain disease that appears to benefit from THC treatment.
Here's one of many studies on the subject.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2562334/

Research also shows that when the frontal lobes of teenagers are rewiring during puberty, cannabis is NOT healthy, it actually causes synapses to rewire incorrectly, same goes for alcohol consumption.

I would rather be poor and produce nothing than be an arsehole and conquer the world

IP Logged

LifeOrDeath
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #778 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 12:29am

fezz wrote on Oct 15th, 2015 at 8:52pm:

Are you talking cannabis or alcohol? If the latter, you are correct, if the former...know your subject man.

Latest research shows THC actually helps repair damaged cells and prevent damage to healthy cells.

Alzheimers is one brain disease that appears to benefit from THC treatment.
Here's one of many studies on the subject.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2562334/

Research also shows that when the frontal lobes of teenagers are rewiring during puberty, cannabis is NOT healthy, it actually causes synapses to rewire incorrectly, same goes for alcohol consumption.

Incorrect. Try again.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #779 - Oct 16th, 2015 at 12:33am

Very interesting indeed fezz
and  AiA ..... 
I wonder what we are going to do about it. One thing I can say fezz... I think that link you provided (above) is both heartening, good news for many, and accords with my own experience.

I play Solitaire ( Roll Eyes )  now and then,  and I'm proud to say at age 58 I got my best score ever,  the other night. I had my first smoke when I was 14. It didn't do much for me ..  but opportunity arose to pursue it and so it is. Smiley

It IS probably better that cannabis is first tried as an older organism,  and the way our society works..?  this is sadly not the case, much like alcohol.

Why the youth are still arrested and introduced to the criminal justice system for possessing small amounts of pot and 'paraphenalia' seems to me to be the worst way to deal with the issue.  I was fortunate enough to have lived that stage of my life in a much earlier era,  and can only wonder how kids today remain 'sane'.
Sad world.

live every day

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 59
Send Topic Print