Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 38
Send Topic Print
Tesla crash battery burns people alive (Read 57022 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Tesla crash battery burns people alive
Reply #195 - May 24th, 2018 at 11:05pm

Hey socko. The switch from hell. For the sake of a 57 cent switch GMC prefer to let people die driving its fossil fool clunker Sad

Quote:
It was a deadly defect in an ignition switch that led to the recall of millions of GM cars like the Cobalt and the Ion and the confirmed deaths of almost 30 drivers, with close to 200 more being investigated. Bob McKeown investigates what and when did GM and Transport Canada know about the problem -- and reveals startlingly new information about fatal crashes in Canada.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #196 - May 25th, 2018 at 7:13am

Baronvonrort wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 7:00pm:
lee wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 6:43pm:
One hopes the brakes are better than the Model 3, in that they don't take half a block to stop.

Quote:
CR measured the Model 3’s stopping distance at 152 feet from 60 mph, which was far worse than any contemporary car we’ve tested.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-safety/tesla-says-it-will-issue-fix-for-mode...

My 40 year old V8 Torana stops in a much shorter distance compared to this Tesla.

The joy of Tesla's are they can be upgraded online, at was a abs issue and probably already fixed it, media wont say much about that though  Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #197 - May 25th, 2018 at 12:39pm

Them Greeny types are so weak and helpless one feels sorry for them.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #198 - May 25th, 2018 at 5:07pm

juliar wrote on May 25th, 2018 at 12:39pm:

wow so much wit... did that take u long to think that up , or did it just some to u ? Shocked

I am me

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #199 - May 25th, 2018 at 6:11pm

So how's the Teslas brakes going so far. Reports say that they now work 'most of the time'. Big improvement.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #200 - May 26th, 2018 at 6:49am

longweekend58 wrote on May 25th, 2018 at 6:11pm:
So how's the Teslas brakes going so far. Reports say that they now work 'most of the time'. Big improvement.

wow reports, In your head reports ? That's the problem with u Fossil Fuel Fanatics, no reality. Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #201 - May 26th, 2018 at 9:12am

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 6:49am:

wow reports, In your head reports ? That's the problem with u Fossil Fuel Fanatics, no reality. Wink Wink

Elon Musk admits the braking problems. You should perhaps know your topic a bit better.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #202 - May 26th, 2018 at 11:57pm

juliar wrote on May 25th, 2018 at 12:39pm:

Smell the fear socko.

People charging up their EV's at home using free energy from the sun and bypassing the fossil fool bowser Wink

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #203 - May 27th, 2018 at 3:01pm

My Gosh! PHEW!!! LostSnail is smelling the FEAR coming from his ARMPITS!!!!!  LostSnail, try washing.

The Greeny types seem to have run out of arguments and now basically admit the unproven still experimental Tesla is basically a fiery death trap on wheels.

And the Greeny types still have to learn you need about SEVEN Tesla wall units to charge just ONE Tesla!!!!!!!

And how long will it take to charge a flat Tesla battery using just 20 solar panels ? A week ? A month ?

And now what the Greeny types HATE - FACTS to spoil their Greeny fantasies.

How Many Solar Panels Do You Need To Charge An Electric Car?
October 5, 2017 by Ronald Brakels 28 Comments

dude charging his car with solar

If you are thinking of buying an electric car and have solar then you need to read this.

I recently wrote about how an electric car revolution is coming thanks to declining battery costs and rising environmental concern.  I made a promise in that article I would soon write about charging electric cars with rooftop solar and soon is now.  Or at least it soon will be.

One concern that came up in the comments was whether people could fit enough panels on their roof to charge an electric car.  But the good news is a car that’s driven the average distance for an Australian passenger vehicle is likely to require less than 8 kilowatt-hours a day.  This means for most households 2 kilowatts of solar panels will produce more electrical energy over the course of a year than an electric car will consume.  Most homes can fit 2 kilowatts of panels on their roof in addition to enough panels to equal or exceed household electricity consumption.

The bad news is 56% of Australian families have 2 or more cars.

Electric Car Kilowatt-Hour Consumption
The number of kilometers an electric car can drive per kilowatt-hour of stored electricity varies.  Fortunately, it is easy enough to use US Environmental Protection Agency figures to determine range per kilowatt-hour of battery storage1.  Some examples are:

Tesla Model 3:  7 kilometers
Chevolet Bolt:  6.4 kilometers
Mitsubishi i-MiEV:  6.3 kilometers
2016 Nissan Leaf:  5.7 kilometers
Tesla S sports car:  5.3 kilometers
Because electric cars won’t allow their battery to go completely flat to protect it from deterioration, the real kilometers per kilowatt-hour are slightly higher, but it should make little difference, as modern electric cars don’t leave much juice in the electric juice pack once they hit zero kilometers of remaining range.

Unlike the range figures that come from Europe or Japan, the US ones are reasonably realistic and it is possible for a normal driver to replicate them or even do better if they’re careful.  But if your driving style consists of alternating between stomping on the accelerator and stomping on the brake then I’m afraid you’ll do much worse, while if you someone who drives like you are gently making love, then you’ll probably be arrested and I strongly recommend getting the tinted windows option.

70s Smooth Style. It is possible to now buy electric cars that look even better than they did in the 70s. (It’s impossible to find pants that good though.)

Read the depressing rest here

https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/charging-electric-cars/

And another Tesla experimental fiery death trap goes up in smoke.

A Tesla Model S electric car caught fire in Washington, after a collision.

It's that ethylene glycol in the radiator at the front used to cool the fire bomb lithium battery.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #204 - May 27th, 2018 at 3:57pm

Must be hard for Greeny types to discuss technical stuff when they don't have the nous to understand it.

Why are Greeny types always so dumb ?

Is it because they have to be dumb to become a Greeny and believe all that Greeny bulldust ?

And yet another Tesla fire death trap goes up in smoke.

And now a Tesla Model S Burns Down At Supercharger In Norway

« Last Edit: May 27th, 2018 at 5:55pm by juliar »  

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #205 - May 27th, 2018 at 8:48pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 9:12am:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 6:49am:

Elon Musk admits the braking problems. You should perhaps know your topic a bit better.

Free Software fix for the breaks has been released see if it fixes the problem Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #206 - May 27th, 2018 at 8:59pm

juliar wrote on May 27th, 2018 at 3:01pm:
My Gosh! PHEW!!! LostSnail is smelling the FEAR coming from his ARMPITS!!!!!  LostSnail, try washing.

The Greeny types seem to have run out of arguments and now basically admit the unproven still experimental Tesla is basically a fiery death trap on wheels.

And the Greeny types still have to learn you need about SEVEN Tesla wall units to charge just ONE Tesla!!!!!!!

And how long will it take to charge a flat Tesla battery using just 20 solar panels ? A week ? A month ?

And now what the Greeny types HATE - FACTS to spoil their Greeny fantasies.

How Many Solar Panels Do You Need To Charge An Electric Car?
October 5, 2017 by Ronald Brakels 28 Comments

https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/car-plug-house.jp...
dude charging his car with solar

If you are thinking of buying an electric car and have solar then you need to read this.

I recently wrote about how an electric car revolution is coming thanks to declining battery costs and rising environmental concern.  I made a promise in that article I would soon write about charging electric cars with rooftop solar and soon is now.  Or at least it soon will be.

One concern that came up in the comments was whether people could fit enough panels on their roof to charge an electric car.  But the good news is a car that’s driven the average distance for an Australian passenger vehicle is likely to require less than 8 kilowatt-hours a day.  This means for most households 2 kilowatts of solar panels will produce more electrical energy over the course of a year than an electric car will consume.  Most homes can fit 2 kilowatts of panels on their roof in addition to enough panels to equal or exceed household electricity consumption.

The bad news is 56% of Australian families have 2 or more cars.

Electric Car Kilowatt-Hour Consumption
The number of kilometers an electric car can drive per kilowatt-hour of stored electricity varies.  Fortunately, it is easy enough to use US Environmental Protection Agency figures to determine range per kilowatt-hour of battery storage1.  Some examples are:

Tesla Model 3:  7 kilometers
Chevolet Bolt:  6.4 kilometers
Mitsubishi i-MiEV:  6.3 kilometers
2016 Nissan Leaf:  5.7 kilometers
Tesla S sports car:  5.3 kilometers
Because electric cars won’t allow their battery to go completely flat to protect it from deterioration, the real kilometers per kilowatt-hour are slightly higher, but it should make little difference, as modern electric cars don’t leave much juice in the electric juice pack once they hit zero kilometers of remaining range.

Unlike the range figures that come from Europe or Japan, the US ones are reasonably realistic and it is possible for a normal driver to replicate them or even do better if they’re careful.  But if your driving style consists of alternating between stomping on the accelerator and stomping on the brake then I’m afraid you’ll do much worse, while if you someone who drives like you are gently making love, then you’ll probably be arrested and I strongly recommend getting the tinted windows option.

https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/elcar.jpg
70s Smooth Style. It is possible to now buy electric cars that look even better than they did in the 70s. (It’s impossible to find pants that good though.)

Read the depressing rest here

https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/charging-electric-cars/

And another Tesla experimental fiery death trap goes up in smoke.

http://static.businessinsider.com/image/524dc789eab8eade1e8b456f-750.jpg
A Tesla Model S electric car caught fire in Washington, after a collision.

It's that ethylene glycol in the radiator at the front used to cool the fire bomb lithium battery.

Great artical there Gil.... so average car IN aus does 40 km a day so that 6 kw a day to charge a Tesla3, that’s no problem at all with a 5kv solar array.
Keep p the good work Wink Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #207 - May 27th, 2018 at 9:02pm

juliar wrote on May 27th, 2018 at 3:57pm:
Must be hard for Greeny types to discuss technical stuff when they don't have the nous to understand it.

Is it because they have to be dumb to become a Greeny and believe all that Greeny bulldust ?

And yet another Tesla fire death trap goes up in smoke.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/i-WhmX5nfNc/maxresdefault.jpg

And now a Tesla Model S Burns Down At Supercharger In Norway

http://cdn.teslarati.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Tesla-Model-S-Fire-Wreckage-...

How many died in these fires. Cheesy
800 car fires a day in USA 480 deaths from fires a year .try again gules  Wink

I am me

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #208 - May 27th, 2018 at 10:34pm

Wish the Greeny type DDH would just disappear. His boring trite Greeny nonsense is just too hard to bear.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #209 - May 28th, 2018 at 7:12am

juliar wrote on May 27th, 2018 at 10:34pm:
Wish the Greeny type DDH would just disappear. His boring trite Greeny nonsense is just too hard to bear.

Ohh dear, am i wreaking your fantasies ?
Cheesy Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 38
Send Topic Print