Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Australia's first female Muslim MP (Read 18470 times)
BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Re: Australia's first female Muslim MP
Reply #15 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 10:53am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 10:49am:
Gnads wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 8:33am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 30th, 2017 at 11:06pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 30th, 2017 at 10:12pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 30th, 2017 at 9:51pm:
I know Anne.

She's a top sheila.

I wish she could pass a law to deport The Mechanic.

Would you like 18c expanded to include religion Greg?

I would like The Mechanic deported.

He's a traitor.

Grin Grin

That's rich coming from you.  Roll Eyes

No it's not.

I love my country, and I want to protect it as much as I can.

People like The Mechanic, Mr Hammer, et al. are destroying Australia, and we'd be much better off without them here.

If they insist on condoning and perpetuating fear, hatred, division, and death, let them move to a less civilised country that will accommodate their primitive needs.

We don't want traitors like that here.

So you want a law that targets individuals not even by name but a nick they use on a web message board. Do you add names or nicks as needed or will there be other specific deportation laws?

Yeah you're fkking patriot and a genius.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 10:57am

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 10:53am:
I know Anne.

She's a top sheila.

He's a traitor.

Grin Grin

No it's not.

People like The Mechanic, Mr Hammer, et al. are destroying Australia, and we'd be much better off without them here.

If they insist on condoning and perpetuating fear, hatred, division, and death, let them move to a less civilised country that will accommodate their primitive needs.

So you want a law that targets individuals not even by name but a nick they use on a web message board.

No.

Not sure where you got that from.

I just want traitors removed from my country.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #17 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 10:59am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 10:57am:
BigOl64 wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 10:53am:
I know Anne.

She's a top sheila.

He's a traitor.

Grin Grin

No it's not.

So you want a law that targets individuals not even by name but a nick they use on a web message board.

No.

Not sure where you got that from.

I just want traitors removed from my country.

And are they traitors?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:16am

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 10:59am:
And are they traitors?

yep ... anyone cheering trump banning of Australian politicians is a traitor to this country.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:18am

John Smith wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:16am:
And are they traitors?

yep ... anyone cheering trump banning of Australian politicians is a traitor to this country.

Plus, they openly support Putin.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #20 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:30am

So, when are you and mothball leaving?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #21 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:37am

And are they traitors?

That is not what greegy was on about.

Im pretty sure that greegy thinks they're traitors because they don't agree with that muslim chick, or some sh1t like that.

Anyway he is, as per usual, wrong

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:40am

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:37am:
And are they traitors?

Im pretty sure that greegy thinks they're traitors because they don't agree with that muslim chick ...

Nope.  Wrong again.

They're traitors because they insist on condoning and perpetuating fear, hatred, division, and death.

They want to destroy our society.

No place for people like that here.

Get rid of 'em.

And, their support for Trump and Putin is totally unacceptable as well.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #23 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:43am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:40am:
And are they traitors?

Im pretty sure that greegy thinks they're traitors because they don't agree with that muslim chick ...

Nope.  Wrong again.

They're traitors because they insist on condoning and perpetuating fear, hatred, division, and death.

Get rid of 'em.

That isn't being a traitor. But if you have evidence that they have perpetuate someones death, the police n'twill prolly want to know about that.

Or are you facilitating yet another poorly developed argument with hysterical hyperbole?

That isn't being a fkken traitor, d1ckhead  Grin Grin Grin

« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:51am by BigOl64 »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:45am

aquascoot wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 6:49am:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 30th, 2017 at 8:54pm:
AND so it begins...

Quote:
Australia's first female Muslim MP wants to change 18C race laws to include religion - so it is illegal to insult followers of Islam

Australia's first female federal Muslim MP Anne Aly wants racial discrimination laws broadened so it is illegal to insult followers of Islam.
The Egyptian-born politician's call comes only days after a motion was passed in Canada calling on the federal government to 'condemn Islamophobia'.
While Australia's Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull wants to remove the words 'insult', 'offend' and 'humiliate' from section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act, Labor wants to go the opposite way.

this course of action by a leftie  is symptomatic of why the leftie is part of the problem , not part of the solution.

"attempt to insult someone" is seen as a problem??

but is it??

are people really that unsure of themselves, that ungrounded in core confidence that they need "universal approval" to "maintain state".

sure an insult might sting and someone being mean to you isnt pleasant but thats just life. life is harsh.  and until you accept that life is pretty harsh and completely unfair, youre screwed.

the point is what do you do about it.

and this is where lefties simply go down the slippery slope to mediocrity and follow the path of least resistance to making people a failure.

because when you feel pain and identify with it and let the environment determine your mental state...you go down.

and when you feel pain and use it as the emotional juice to effect change and propel you into an upward spiral...you go up.

when someone is mean to you , when you see a rich guy...its just so easy to be a victim or be envious and if you do, you have let the environment run your state and you will inevitably have a state crash.

but if you can harness pain to use it as a lesson in growth,
if you can look at a rich successful happy guy and study his success...the progress you can make is unlimited.

its a harsh world
we all want to move up
you cant move up without building massive resilience.
you cant build muscle without going to the gym and feeling pain
you cant build a business without the fear and ambiguity and chaos of solving problems.

if you think everyone has to be nice to you for you to "cope", you are screwed.

you need to have just that little bit of anger to fuel a response to take action to go up.

you see this in the great sports captains when their team is losing. they get a bit mad, they use that anger to focus and they move up. 

you dont stay angry like that angry old grandpa who is always angry but you dont sit in the locker room at 1/2 time, when you are down, and get all butt hurt and start blaming the ref. you draw on core confidence, resilience and determination to make it happen and you enjoy the journey for the journey itself.  this is the way of the superior man and the leftie needs to stop always putting people on the path top mediocrity

The only person to be prosecuted under 18C was Andrew Bolt. He didn't just call a few Boongs some bad names, he used both his column and TV show to target specific Aboriginal people with the hope of ending their careers, and he used lies to do so.

So, sure. If Andrew Bolt, or any other shock jock or Tele columnist, were to use their position to lie about members of the Muslim community, I'd be quite happy for a vehicle like 18C being used to shut them down or force them to apologise.

We're not talking about one-off insults here, we're talking about protecting people from those in power - the Alan Joneses, the Andrew Bolts, the Ray Hadleys.

The media, and particularly the print media, has no laws to prevent the sort of targeted and sustained disinformation campaigns people like Bolt carry out.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 12:01pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:43am:
And are they traitors?

Nope.  Wrong again.

Get rid of 'em.

That isn't being a traitor.

It most certainly is.

They're working against the best interests of our country.

Ship 'em out!

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 12:06pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:45am:
aquascoot wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 6:49am:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 30th, 2017 at 8:54pm:
AND so it begins...

Quote:
Australia's first female Muslim MP wants to change 18C race laws to include religion - so it is illegal to insult followers of Islam

Australia's first female federal Muslim MP Anne Aly wants racial discrimination laws broadened so it is illegal to insult followers of Islam.
The Egyptian-born politician's call comes only days after a motion was passed in Canada calling on the federal government to 'condemn Islamophobia'.
While Australia's Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull wants to remove the words 'insult', 'offend' and 'humiliate' from section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act, Labor wants to go the opposite way.

this course of action by a leftie  is symptomatic of why the leftie is part of the problem , not part of the solution.

"attempt to insult someone" is seen as a problem??

but is it??

are people really that unsure of themselves, that ungrounded in core confidence that they need "universal approval" to "maintain state".

sure an insult might sting and someone being mean to you isnt pleasant but thats just life. life is harsh.  and until you accept that life is pretty harsh and completely unfair, youre screwed.

the point is what do you do about it.

and this is where lefties simply go down the slippery slope to mediocrity and follow the path of least resistance to making people a failure.

because when you feel pain and identify with it and let the environment determine your mental state...you go down.

and when you feel pain and use it as the emotional juice to effect change and propel you into an upward spiral...you go up.

when someone is mean to you , when you see a rich guy...its just so easy to be a victim or be envious and if you do, you have let the environment run your state and you will inevitably have a state crash.

but if you can harness pain to use it as a lesson in growth,
if you can look at a rich successful happy guy and study his success...the progress you can make is unlimited.

its a harsh world
we all want to move up
you cant move up without building massive resilience.
you cant build muscle without going to the gym and feeling pain
you cant build a business without the fear and ambiguity and chaos of solving problems.

if you think everyone has to be nice to you for you to "cope", you are screwed.

you need to have just that little bit of anger to fuel a response to take action to go up.

you see this in the great sports captains when their team is losing. they get a bit mad, they use that anger to focus and they move up. 

you dont stay angry like that angry old grandpa who is always angry but you dont sit in the locker room at 1/2 time, when you are down, and get all butt hurt and start blaming the ref. you draw on core confidence, resilience and determination to make it happen and you enjoy the journey for the journey itself.  this is the way of the superior man and the leftie needs to stop always putting people on the path top mediocrity

The only person to be prosecuted under 18C was Andrew Bolt. He didn't just call a few Boongs some bad names, he used both his column and TV show to target specific Aboriginal people with the hope of ending their careers, and he used lies to do so.

So, sure. If Andrew Bolt, or any other shock jock or Tele columnist, were to use their position to lie about members of the Muslim community, I'd be quite happy for a vehicle like 18C being used to shut them down or force them to apologise.

We're not talking about one-off insults here, we're talking about protecting people from those in power - the Alan Joneses, the Andrew Bolts, the Ray Hadleys.

The media, and particularly the print media, has no laws to prevent the sort of targeted and sustained disinformation campaigns people like Bolt carry out.

K...heres the thing.

i like Bolt and i like Jones and i think both are super smart guys

BUT.

i aint listening to them.

you know why?

because they are just as bad as the lefties for being

angry all the time
looking to blame people
making people feel like they live in scarcity
vibing with toxic negativity.

if you are jones or bolt and you spend your day on talk back listening to angry people who are negative, THEN YOU BECOME ANGRY AND NEGATIVE.

its so easy to be successful in australia.
sometimes i think the whole dammed nation is either vibing with the angry victim vibe of alan jones or vibing with the angry victim vibe of Q and A.

its such a bonus to those trying to climb the narrow road.
there is literally no one on it.

its like a 6 lane autobahn at 3 am .

i could use some company.

why arent people fans of a positive dynamic narrative?

because its just too dammed hard.
its so much easier to be a negative little worm and victim then to get off your ass and grind it out to the bitter end .

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #27 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 12:10pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 12:01pm:
And are they traitors?

Nope.  Wrong again.

Get rid of 'em.

It most certainly is.

Ship 'em out!

How are they doing that?

BTW have you reported that death they caused yet, seems important.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #28 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 12:11pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 11:45am:

Sorry, Karnal, you're wrong.  There were far more than just Andrew Bolt:  Section 18C: What racial vilification complaints have been upheld, dismissed by a judge?    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 12:12pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 12:10pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 31st, 2017 at 12:01pm:
And are they traitors?

Nope.  Wrong again.

Get rid of 'em.

It most certainly is.

Ship 'em out!

How are they doing that?

By condoning and perpetuating fear, hatred, division, and death.

Pay attention.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Send Topic Print