Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
The schoolgirl courts the pimp (Read 134844 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: The schoolgirl courts the pimp
Reply #75 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 6:19pm

I was just trying to figure out whether you understood it yet.

Can you explain what you mean by this,

Quote:
They say that NSW fisheries are well managed and it discounts any significant spillover effect. Pretty daming for your position.

keeping in mind that the statement does not contradict the generalisation that marine parks always benefit a fishery, regardless of how well managed?

What case do you think I am trying to make?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #76 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 6:32pm

[link=1281669694/75#75 date=1330676368]I was just trying to figure out whether you understood it yet.

Can you explain what you mean by this,

Quote:
They say that NSW fisheries are well managed and it discounts any significant spillover effect. Pretty daming for your position.

keeping in mind that the statement does not contradict the generalisation that marine parks always benefit a fishery, regardless of how well managed?

What case do you think I am trying to make? [/quote]

Your trying to use a rhetorical trick because you have lost the argument. The statements are talking about different things - it's not a valid question to ask whether they 'contadict'. Recall that when I pointed out that spillover effect is used by marine park advocates as a mechanism by which a fishery will benefit. When I pointed out the audit panels statement about no large spillover you said marine parks give benefit by another mechanism. Ie avoiding genetic changes caused by size limits/ traditional management. I showed this to be discounted by the latest research. 

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #77 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 6:52pm

Quote:
Your trying to use a rhetorical trick because you have lost the argument. The statements are talking about different things - it's not a valid question to ask whether they 'contadict'.

Perhaps you have not noticed, but now that I have gotten a straight answer from you (it only took one page) I have moved on - ironically to another question you avoided earlier. It was not some grand scheme to trick you into anything.

I would post the question again for you, but it seems a bit silly seeing as you just quoted it.

Also, do you think there is a difference between 'well managed' and 'adequate fisheries management'?
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2012 at 7:04pm by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print