Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 26
Send Topic Print
Roe v Wade overturned (Read 6911 times)
Linus

Australian Politics

Re: Roe v Wade overturned
Reply #180 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:02pm

Mothra you have them punch-drunk on the ropes. They're blowing soap bubbles.
  Grin

The whole idea of the ruling was to undermine the right to abortion throughout the US. That was the objective and that was what was achieved.

The winner in the Octagon tonight by TKO is MOTHRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!  Grin

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #181 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:04pm

Linus wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:02pm:
Mothra you have them punch-drunk on the ropes. They're blowing soap bubbles.
  Grin

The whole idea of the ruling was to undermine the right to abortion throughout the US. That was the objective and that was what was achieved.

The winner in the Octagon tonight by TKO is MOTHRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!  Grin

Why thank you Linus. I can't really take too much credit. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #182 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:13pm

Frank wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 8:59pm:
mothra wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 8:48pm:
Incorrect Larry. It is in fact true that many women miscarry in the first trimester without even knowing they are pregnant.

I can only assume that you not knowing this is because health ed. wasn't a thing back in the '50s when you went to school.

Don't deflect, big hairy moth, especially not so idiotically, FFS. What's in it for you to be so bloody moronic about it?? MANY if not most women KNOW they had a miscarriage and they are grief-stricken.

https://raisingchildren.net.au/pregnancy/miscarriage-stillbirth/miscarriage/misc...

But you are more worried about 'women' with penises denied abortion rights and equal sympathy for being unable to miscarry, you stupid, unthinking "activist for idiocy".

As usual Frank you are just wrong.

Many pregnancies fail in the first few weeks. To the woman it appears as a late period or if a little later a skipped period. This is the most fragile time for the pregnancy. For a lot of couples the trigger for checking pregnancy comes when the second period is missed.

You may recall in the debate about the 6 week limit that people argued that many women do not even realise they are pregnant at that point. This is the reason they don't know. The first period missed is a few weeks after fertilisation and the second period is about 24 days later (almost 5 weeks before it is time to even think about a test).

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #183 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:13pm

Well - clearly if not all women can not now access abortion, it was not prohibited.

English isn't too difficult for someone mildly capable......

Better that you go with those who have been excluded to date from procuring abortion.  Who are they, which states, and how many?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #184 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:14pm

Dnarever wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:13pm:
Frank wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 8:59pm:
mothra wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 8:48pm:
Incorrect Larry. It is in fact true that many women miscarry in the first trimester without even knowing they are pregnant.

I can only assume that you not knowing this is because health ed. wasn't a thing back in the '50s when you went to school.

Don't deflect, big hairy moth, especially not so idiotically, FFS. What's in it for you to be so bloody moronic about it?? MANY if not most women KNOW they had a miscarriage and they are grief-stricken.

https://raisingchildren.net.au/pregnancy/miscarriage-stillbirth/miscarriage/misc...

But you are more worried about 'women' with penises denied abortion rights and equal sympathy for being unable to miscarry, you stupid, unthinking "activist for idiocy".

As usual Frank you are just wrong.

Many pregnancies fail in the first few weeks. To the woman it appears as a late period or if a little later a skipped period. This is the most fragile time for the pregnancy. For a lot of couples the trigger for checking pregnancy comes when the second period is missed.

You may recall in the debate about the 6 week limit that people argued that many women do not even realise they are pregnant at that point. This is the reason they don't know. The first period missed is a few weeks after fertilisation and the second period is about 24 days later (almost 5 weeks before it is time to even think about a test).

Natural failure is irrelevant....... that's not the subject ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #185 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:14pm

Here is my earlier post Belgarion in this topic. Take a look at some of these states. I've highlighted the 7th point. No limit abortion ffs!

This is where the states are wrt abortion as of now.

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 25th, 2022 at 3:31pm:
The Supreme Court overturning Roe doesn't ban abortion nationwide. The US now reverts to its pre-Roe status, when abortion policy was left entirely up to individual states to legislate.

👆 Ok that part is fine ✅

Here's where abortion access in America stands as of right now, according to the Guttmacher Institute:

1. Six states ban abortion altogether, except in cases where the patient's physical health is threatened.

2. Of the 44 states that have not banned abortions, 37 states restrict abortion at a certain point in pregnancy in some way, either defined in terms of weeks post-fertilization or weeks from the patient's last menstrual period.

3. One state, Texas, bans abortion after fetal cardiac activity can be detected, which is around six weeks of pregnancy.

4. 12 states ban abortion at 20 weeks.
Four states ban abortions at 24 weeks of pregnancy including Florida, which has a 15-week abortion ban set to take effect in July.

5. 19 states ban abortion at the point of fetal viability, which doesn't have a clear scientific definition. While viability varies case by case, most fetuses become viable outside of the womb after about 24-28 weeks of gestation.

6. Virginia bans abortion at the third trimester, which begins at 25 weeks, with exceptions for the life and general health of the patient.

7. Seven states have NO LIMIT

👆 Way too (needlessly) complex if you ask me.

And 7. is a serious worry 😩😳😐

• THE SEVEN STATES WITH NO LIMIT will hopefully change ie introduce some restrictions.

In my honest opinion though.... all states should have uniform laws wrt abortion.

Why? Women can easily go interstate to get an abortion anyway ie they can circumvent state based abortion laws.

So apart from throwing the hot potato back into the hands of each state ...the decision won't make much difference.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #186 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:15pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:13pm:
Well - clearly if not all women can not now access abortion, it was not prohibited.

Better that you go with those who have been excluded to date from procuring abortion.  Who are they, which states, and how many?

Been a long day for you, hasn't it old fella.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #187 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:17pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:14pm:
abortion.

Why? Women can easily go interstate to get an abortion anyway ie they can circumvent state based abortion laws.

Interstate travel is nigh on impossible for poorer women and certainly most girls, especially without parental consent.

Rich women won;t be affected, which os probably why the right don't care.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #188 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:17pm

mothra wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 10:54pm:
Belgarion wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 10:36pm:
mothra wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 10:28pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 10:24pm:
Belgarion wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 9:55pm:
mothra wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 9:42pm:
Belgarion wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 9:22pm:
The thing is, from what I am seeing is the the decision had not prohibited abortion, but merely put the making of laws about it back on the states instead of the federal government. This is the way it works in most of the rest of the world and there is no problem.

I do see that several states, nine according to tonight's news, have moved to make it difficult, if not illegal to have an abortion, with maybe  20 all up expected to do the same. However the answer is to not vote for these state governments in the next election instead of violent protest.  Simples.

Didn't think that one all the way through, did you champ.

Did the supreme court decision prohibit abortion?

The clear answer is NO!

LOL. No it's not.

God you're an idiot.

If Belgarion had said, "while the SCOTUS didn't prohibit abortion per se" or "while the SCOTUS didn't specifically prohibit abortion" ... he would have been correct and received no argument from me.

What he said however is that the ruling didn't prohibit abortion at all. Then went on to say how it had.

Tell me Larry, is abortion now prohibited to many girls and women, soon to be more, as a direct result of the SCOTIS ruling?

Can you even understand what i've said? Doubtful.

Now Mothra, can you understand? The supreme court did not prohibit abortion, it devolved the decision making to the states.  Roll Eyes

Which they knew would prohibit abortion, yes?

So are abortions now prohibited to many girls and women, soon to be more, as a direct result of the SCOTUS ruling?

You really don't want to say.

How could the SC know that?  Are ALL states going to prohibit abortion?

Again - 'many girls and women' does not equate to prohibition by the UNITED STATES Supreme court - i.e. across the entire US.

Protest by all means - I've already said it should be a plebiscite..... but we don't live there and we have zero influence over their lawmakers......

Why are you even arguing about this?

Australian State laws are clear on the issue.......

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #189 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:19pm

mothra wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:15pm:

You are a sad case... so bitter and twisted that you simply can't speak reasonably.

Can't answer the questions, eh?  Simple enough.... and simple reason will tell you that 'many girls and women' shows that there is no prohibition....

Which states to you think will ban it?

Simple question..... not hard even for you....

― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #190 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:20pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:17pm:
mothra wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 10:54pm:
The thing is, from what I am seeing is the the decision had not prohibited abortion, but merely put the making of laws about it back on the states instead of the federal government. This is the way it works in most of the rest of the world and there is no problem.

I do see that several states, nine according to tonight's news, have moved to make it difficult, if not illegal to have an abortion, with maybe  20 all up expected to do the same. However the answer is to not vote for these state governments in the next election instead of violent protest.  Simples.

The clear answer is NO!

LOL. No it's not.

God you're an idiot.

If Belgarion had said, "while the SCOTUS didn't prohibit abortion per se" or "while the SCOTUS didn't specifically prohibit abortion" ... he would have been correct and received no argument from me.

What he said however is that the ruling didn't prohibit abortion at all. Then went on to say how it had.

Tell me Larry, is abortion now prohibited to many girls and women, soon to be more, as a direct result of the SCOTIS ruling?

Now Mothra, can you understand? The supreme court did not prohibit abortion, it devolved the decision making to the states.  Roll Eyes

Which they knew would prohibit abortion, yes?

So are abortions now prohibited to many girls and women, soon to be more, as a direct result of the SCOTUS ruling?

You really don't want to say.

How could the SC know that? 

You're kidding, right? You're just an absolute joke.

And in your inimical fashion, you're weighing into something you know nothiing about. Clearly.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #191 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:21pm

Belgarion wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 10:49pm:
mothra wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 10:40pm:

The clear answer is NO!

LOL. No it's not.

God you're an idiot.

Tell me, is abortion prohibited to girl's an women, soon to be more, as a consequence of the SCOTUS ruling?

Yes or no will do,

No.  Roll Eyes

100% wrong.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #192 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:21pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:19pm:
mothra wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:15pm:

You are a sad case... so bitter and twisted that you simply can't speak reasonably.

Can't answer the questions, eh?  Simple enough.... and simple reason will tell you that 'many girls and women' shows that there is no prohibition....

Which states to you think will ban it?

Simple question..... not hard even for you....

You're simply too gobsmackingly stupid to debate with. What an idiot.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #193 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:22pm

Dnarever wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:21pm:
Belgarion wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 10:49pm:
mothra wrote on Jun 27th, 2022 at 10:40pm:

The clear answer is NO!

LOL. No it's not.

God you're an idiot.

Tell me, is abortion prohibited to girl's an women, soon to be more, as a consequence of the SCOTUS ruling?

Yes or no will do,

No.  Roll Eyes

100% wrong.

Not only wrong, it's the opposite of what he said in the post i called him into question for.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #194 - Jun 27th, 2022 at 11:27pm

The clear answer is NO!

LOL. No it's not.

God you're an idiot.

They did this in the full knowledge that this would mean that abortion would be outlawed in many states and they also know that the legislation in some states was already pre-emptively on the books just waiting for the corrupt decision.

Further to this they were virtually all politically put on the supreme court with the aim of achieving this outcome and most of them perjured themselves in their senate appointment hearings.

This corrupt dishonest supreme court will go further this is just the beginning.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 26
Send Topic Print