Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Anthony Fauci needs to be indicted, for criminal n (Read 1477 times)
SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Re: Anthony Fauci needs to be indicted, for criminal n
Reply #30 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 7:11am

aquascoot wrote on Nov 8th, 2021 at 10:29am:
I am as far removed from animal abuse as a human being could be
I am the Noble and compassionate aquascoot

Other than your support of horse racing and many of the things you say on betting forums all over the Internet.

I've clearly hit a nerve, what's the saying your ilk love, "I must be over the target"?

Point is, this hate on Fauci is childish at best. 

It's hate first, looking for justifications second.  Just like opinions on the vaccine and COVID and how you and those like you pick and chose what facts are real based on what you believe, basically shaping a reality where you're already right and nothing can change your mind, rather than basing your opinions on what is real.

This normalisation of alternative facts and personal truths and realities was once something you parodies when making fun of the more liberal members of these forums but you've been faking it so long it's become a part of you, in fact it seems the defining part of you now.

How you've fallen.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 7:40am

Incorrect

I am more than happy to do without the benefits of a drug developed by torturing puppies
Even if that drug might save my life I don't want it if that's how it was developed
I would be willing to die rather than have it
Such is my belief in karma

Now can we apply the same logic to someone such as North on North
He does nothing but rail about the evilness of the Chinese communist party

Is he willing to take off his Chinese clothes and Chinese shoes
Is he willing to live without his Chinese refrigerator washing machine and dishwasher
Is he happy to have no Chinese plumbing fixtures in his bathroom
Will he take his Chinese phone and throw it in the recycling bin along with his Chinese computer
Will he removed his Chinese television set and sit on a mud floor rather than Chinese made tiles supporting Chinese made furniture

Is he happy to live in a mud hut without all the staff providing for him buy China

This is the difference

I am more than happy to walk the walk

And it appears many of my opponents are only happy to talk the talk

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #32 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 9:19am

aquascoot wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 7:40am:
Incorrect

I am more than happy to do without the benefits of a drug developed by torturing puppies
Even if that drug might save my life I don't want it if that's how it was developed

Is he willing to live without his Chinese refrigerator washing machine and dishwasher
Will he take his Chinese phone and throw it in the recycling bin along with his Chinese computer
Will he removed his Chinese television set and sit on a mud floor rather than Chinese made tiles supporting Chinese made furniture

Is he happy to live in a mud hut without all the staff providing for him buy China

This is the difference

Would you be prepared to let your young child die, by refusing life-saving medication, because you believe it was developed using animal experimentation? Would your wife be prepared to take that stand?

Also, as you're still alive, it stands to reason you have never had to make that decision for yourself.

You conflate the Chinese cartel with the Chinese people. That is the cartel strategy: the people is the cartel; the state is the cartel. The cartel is the state and the people.

The Chinese cartel attempted to cripple the Australian economy via its infantile 'wolf wanker' diplomacy. Shouldn't that be cause enough to consider the Chinese cartel as an enemy of or hostile to the Australian state and its people?

However, a valid argument can be made that Australia should free itself from its dependence on China under the Chinese cartel you refer to above, and seek trade with other nations that at least accede to democracy and the rule of law.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2021 at 9:25am by NorthOfNorth »  

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #33 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 11:14am

Well said.

Proverbs 11:17
The merciful man doeth good to his own soul: but he that is cruel troubleth his own flesh.

Proverbs 12:10
A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Ecclesiastes 7:29
Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 12:02pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 9:19am:
Incorrect

This is the difference

Would you be prepared to let your young child die, by refusing life-saving medication, because you believe it was developed using animal experimentation? Would your wife be prepared to take that stand?

Also, as you're still alive, it stands to reason you have never had to make that decision for yourself.

You conflate the Chinese cartel with the Chinese people. That is the cartel strategy: the people is the cartel; the state is the cartel. The cartel is the state and the people.

The Chinese cartel attempted to cripple the Australian economy via its infantile 'wolf wanker' diplomacy. Shouldn't that be cause enough to consider the Chinese cartel as an enemy of or hostile to the Australian state and its people?

However, a valid argument can be made that Australia should free itself from its dependence on China under the Chinese cartel you refer to above, and seek trade with other nations that at least accede to democracy and the rule of law.

i cant see any circumstances where i would want research to be done on beagle puppies to make humans more 'safe".

life is a risk.

youre probably (and i know this is a shock to many people) are going to die someday.

when my horses or my kelpies get old and cant hold their weight and look miserable, i will pay the vet to give them the "green dream".
i could just let them "linger" but i am happy to cough up the $300 because i love them.

when i am old and cant hold my weight and am miserable, the thought that some politician would lock me in a nursing home with no contact from relatives, to be tended to by nurses in PPE, so that they dont have to announce
"the catastrophic death of a 90 yo"

you have got to be kidding
tell me people dont actually want that sort of meaningless existance
tell me that we are willing to treat old humans with the same dignity and love that we treat old horses and old dogs.

maybe we need to get the RSPCA  (RSPCHumans) to supervise old people and dish out fines to those who refuse to take steps to stop useless futile prolinged suffering

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #35 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 12:30pm

aquascoot wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 12:02pm:
Incorrect

This is the difference

i cant see any circumstances where i would want research to be done on beagle puppies to make humans more 'safe".

life is a risk.

youre probably (and i know this is a shock to many people) are going to die someday.

when my horses or my kelpies get old and cant hold their weight and look miserable, i will pay the vet to give them the "green dream".
i could just let them "linger" but i am happy to cough up the $300 because i love them.

when i am old and cant hold my weight and am miserable, the thought that some politician would lock me in a nursing home with no contact from relatives, to be tended to by nurses in PPE, so that they dont have to announce

tell me that we are willing to treat old humans with the same dignity and love that we treat old horses and old dogs.

maybe we need to get the RSPCA  (RSPCHumans) to supervise old people and dish out fines to those who refuse to take steps to stop useless futile prolinged suffering

Yes... Everyone talks of dying being easy when they're over 90... Just not now.

'No nursing home for me; mindless and swilling around in my own piss'... A common refrain.

Easy said when you're still young.

An Aesop fable:

An old woman is gathering sticks in winter for her fire, cries out, 'Life is so hard, I wish death would come and take me up'.

She looks up and Death is standing in front of her and offers her one wish.

'Ah, I'd just like someone to help me gather sticks', she replied.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 12:44pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 12:30pm:
aquascoot wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 12:02pm:
Incorrect

This is the difference

life is a risk.

Yes... Everyone talks of dying being easy when they're over 90... Just not now.

'No nursing home for me; mindless and swilling around in my own piss'... A common refrain.

Easy said when you're still young.

An Aesop fable:

An old woman is gathering sticks in winter for her fire, cries out, 'Life is so hard, I wish death would come and take me up'.

She looks up and Death is standing in front of her and offers her one wish.

'Ah, I'd just like someone to help me gather sticks', she replied.

i would be interested in a survey of old residents kept in nursinghomes as to whether they would prefer

1   to be kept safe but not allowed to see their kids or grandkids either locally or from interstate.

2  to be exposed to risk but allowed to have more human interaction.

has such a survey been done or have we just asked our chief health officers who are in a dick measuring competition as to who can have the lowest number of "catastrophic deaths"

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 12:48pm

aquascoot wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 12:44pm:
i would be interested in a survey of old residents kept in nursinghomes as to whether they would prefer

1   to be kept safe but not allowed to see their kids or grandkids either locally or from interstate.

has such a survey been done or have we just asked our chief health officers who are in a dick measuring competition as to who can have the lowest number of "catastrophic deaths"

Every religion acknowledges that life is precious and is baked-in to human experience and instinct.

Why would aged people in nursing homes (where they still have their mind), suddenly not value their life?

For those who have lost their minds... Here's the thing... It's like flicking a switch... They almost instantly no longer remember that they were once in a better state... And yet their yearning to live survives their mind.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 1:14pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 12:48pm:
aquascoot wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 12:44pm:

Every religion acknowledges that life is precious and is baked-in to human experience and instinct.

Why would aged people in nursing homes (where they still have their mind), suddenly not value their life?

For those who have lost their minds... Here's the thing... It's like flicking a switch... They almost instantly no longer remember that they were once in a better state... And yet their yearning to live survives their mind.

you didnt answer the question.

85 yo in nursing home with poor health

options to be presented to him.

1   we are going to lockdown this nursing home and you will be confined to your room because we know that you value your life.

2   we are going to allow young people and your grandchildren from sydney to come visit whenever they want because we know your days are numbered and we know you are willing to accept the small risk of death from such visits.

were old people given these 2 options?

no.

and yet if a young person wants to sky dive or scuba dive or climb Mt Everest we are fine with that despite the risk.

so , i ask again.

what right do chief health officers have to determine what risk an elderly citizen can accept , when they have no right to patronise another age group with their life choices.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #39 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 1:22pm

aquascoot wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 1:14pm:
you didnt answer the question.

85 yo in nursing home with poor health

options to be presented to him.

1   we are going to lockdown this nursing home and you will be confined to your room because we know that you value your life.

2   we are going to allow young people and your grandchildren from sydney to come visit whenever they want because we know your days are numbered and we know you are willing to accept the small risk of death from such visits.

were old people given these 2 options?

no.

and yet if a young person wants to sky dive or scuba dive or climb Mt Everest we are fine with that despite the risk.

so , i ask again.

what right do chief health officers have to determine what risk an elderly citizen can accept , when they have no right to patronise another age group with their life choices.

Well... They could always check out of the nursing home and take their chances, couldn't they... Or have they been incarcerated?

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #40 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 1:27pm

Health workers are not arrogating to themselves the rights of the aged. They're discharging their duty of care and responsibility to protect those in their care.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 1:56pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 1:27pm:

Health workers are not arrogating to themselves the rights of the aged. They're discharging their duty of care and responsibility to protect those in their care.

duty of CARE used to be about enhancing human flourishing

now that the only metric that counts is the stats, care is about C A R E

c  over
a  rse
r  emain
e  mployed

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #42 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 2:15pm

aquascoot wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 1:56pm:
NorthOfNorth wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 1:27pm:

duty of CARE used to be about enhancing human flourishing

now that the only metric that counts is the stats, care is about C A R E

c  over
a  rse
r  emain
e  mployed

Cynicism comes easy to the ignorant.

You would know that, given farmers, the world over, are often the butt of jokes about their being barefoot-ignorant fools.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 3:17pm

incorrect.

many members of the scooter extended family are nurses.

they are appalled that what once used to be a nurturing compassionate vocation is now a bean counting, data entry , technological nightmare where those in higher levels (such as health bureaucrats) do not give a toss about human suffering and just want to demolish anyone in the lower ranks who will not function as a submissive automaton.

and , be honest north,
does the premier of WA care about the mental and physical health of his citizens or does he care about the bad optics of overcrowded casualty departments (overcrowded because nurses now spend most of their day doing paperwork) and the system is lethargic and sluggish

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #44 - Nov 9th, 2021 at 3:34pm

aquascoot wrote on Nov 9th, 2021 at 3:17pm:
incorrect.

many members of the scooter extended family are nurses.

they are appalled that what once used to be a nurturing compassionate vocation is now a bean counting, data entry , technological nightmare where those in higher levels (such as health bureaucrats) do not give a toss about human suffering and just want to demolish anyone in the lower ranks who will not function as a submissive automaton.

and , be honest north,
does the premier of WA care about the mental and physical health of his citizens or does he care about the bad optics of overcrowded casualty departments (overcrowded because nurses now spend most of their day doing paperwork) and the system is lethargic and sluggish

OK, Fair enough. I guess nana and pop can check out of the home, given they're not incarcerated.

Mark McGowan? Post me his number and I'll ask him. Short of that, I'd suggest that he can probably hold more than one ideal in his head at one time... Being: he can care about the mental and physical health of his citizens and care about the bad optics of overcrowded casualty departments

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print