Re: Dark emu again
Reply #30 - Jun 19th, 2021 at 10:04pm

Gnads wrote on Jun 19th, 2021 at 4:04pm:
Dnarever wrote on Jun 18th, 2021 at 11:17pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 18th, 2021 at 11:10pm:
Dnarever wrote on Jun 18th, 2021 at 10:42pm:
Frank wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 3:23pm:
UndecidedDnarever wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 3:13pm:
Bruce Pascoe may be substantially incorrect or not. It appears that Pascoe included the material that supported his argument but left out the bits that didn't. However Bolt is not qualified to comment with his atrocious record and general lack of credibility.

There is no worse source on Aboriginal topics than Andrew Bolt.

And your 'qualification' to say what you think is....what, exactly?

What is this stupid 'qualification' mania by little line-toeing milk-monitors like you, wanting to hear only what they have heard already and what they approve of - calling everything else 'not qualified'.
It's Bbwianesque stupidity.

You are aware that Andrew has a court record, found guilty of telling fibs about aboriginals ?

It has nothing to do with my opinion it is fact kept in court records.

Andy is commenting in an area where he has a proven record of being unreliable (at best).

He couldn't possibly be alone in that - there are so many lies doing the rounds that soon nobody will know what the truth is or was.

He couldn't possibly be alone in that

I am not aware of any other opinion writer who lost in court over publications on the subject that were found to be both malicious and provably incorrect.

A misuse & abuse of 18C

by a progressive lefty magistrate

because nothing is surer that white being the new black.

And he was taken to court with taxpayers money because the "truth" hurt.

BS he was caught making up nasty stuff that was untrue about aboriginal people. 18C was kindness towards him by going the easier prosecution and not suing the pants off of him.

He has no credibility on this topic. He cannot be trusted to be telling the truth.

Any other source would be better.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Jun 19th, 2021 at 10:58pm

Dnarever wrote on Jun 19th, 2021 at 10:04pm:
Gnads wrote on Jun 19th, 2021 at 4:04pm:
Dnarever wrote on Jun 18th, 2021 at 11:17pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 18th, 2021 at 11:10pm:
Dnarever wrote on Jun 18th, 2021 at 10:42pm:
Frank wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 3:23pm:
UndecidedDnarever wrote on Jun 17th, 2021 at 3:13pm:
Bruce Pascoe may be substantially incorrect or not. It appears that Pascoe included the material that supported his argument but left out the bits that didn't. However Bolt is not qualified to comment with his atrocious record and general lack of credibility.

There is no worse source on Aboriginal topics than Andrew Bolt.

And your 'qualification' to say what you think is....what, exactly?

What is this stupid 'qualification' mania by little line-toeing milk-monitors like you, wanting to hear only what they have heard already and what they approve of - calling everything else 'not qualified'.
It's Bbwianesque stupidity.

You are aware that Andrew has a court record, found guilty of telling fibs about aboriginals ?

It has nothing to do with my opinion it is fact kept in court records.

Andy is commenting in an area where he has a proven record of being unreliable (at best).

He couldn't possibly be alone in that - there are so many lies doing the rounds that soon nobody will know what the truth is or was.

He couldn't possibly be alone in that

I am not aware of any other opinion writer who lost in court over publications on the subject that were found to be both malicious and provably incorrect.

A misuse & abuse of 18C

by a progressive lefty magistrate

because nothing is surer that white being the new black.

And he was taken to court with taxpayers money because the "truth" hurt.

BS he was caught making up nasty stuff that was untrue about aboriginal people. 18C was kindness towards him by going the easier prosecution and not suing the pants off of him.

He has no credibility on this topic. He cannot be trusted to be telling the truth.

Yes, but the old boy says Bolt is right.

Okay, he may have been found guilty of racial vilification, telling porkies and making stuff up, but only in English.

He could still be right in Danish, no?

Just so.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jun 19th, 2021 at 11:08pm

You mongs are just excusing yourselves. This way you don't actually have to look at any counter-arguments.

Quick mindless frothing and general indignation - and you are done!  Easy! No thinking, no mental activity, just reflex nah nah nah, not lstening, and you are done until the next argument you are going to ignore the same way.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 12:13am

Frank wrote on Jun 19th, 2021 at 11:08pm:
You mongs are just excusing yourselves. This way you don't actually have to look at any counter-arguments.

Quick mindless frothing and general indignation - and you are done!  Easy! No thinking, no mental activity, just reflex nah nah nah, not lstening, and you are done until the next argument you are going to ignore the same way.

No worries, you give us your superior argument, dear boy. We'll hear you. We're all friends here, no?

Over to you.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #34 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 12:45am

So what did Bolt say?  It's not as if I hang on his every word - though it seems that some of his biggest haters must listen to every show he puts out so they can criticise his comments.

I personally can't say I've ever heard one thing he's put out there in medialand, along with any number of others in the same mold.  I ignore 'shock jocks' - because that's all they are.... stirrers who want to foment argument to give fools something to distract them from the realities of life.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #35 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 12:26pm

Frank wrote on Jun 19th, 2021 at 11:08pm:

The whole lead story that the topic is based on comes from a person with less than no credibility on the topic. The answer is to find someone saying this that does have some opinion worth reading.

Quote:
This way you don't actually have to look at any counter-arguments.

To get as counter argument you need a credible position to start with. I don't have particular knowledge or opinion on Dark Emu and don't really care.

But the fact that this guy has a proven history of lying about black people leaves his view suspect and of little worth at best.

While it is likely that Pascoe was wrong or only partially correct Bolt's comments are unhelpful.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #36 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 12:27pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 20th, 2021 at 12:45am:

So what did Bolt say?  It's not as if I hang on his every word - though it seems that some of his biggest haters must listen to every show he puts out so they can criticise his comments.

I personally can't say I've ever heard one thing he's put out there in medialand, along with any number of others in the same mold.  I ignore 'shock jocks' - because that's all they are.... stirrers who want to foment argument to give fools something to distract them from the realities of life.

You could use Google to look it up.   However to save you time - Eatock v Bolt.  The Bolter was proved to have lied.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 1:31pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 20th, 2021 at 12:27pm:

You could use Google to look it up.   However to save you time - Eatock v Bolt.  The Bolter was proved to have lied.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I'm not the one proving a point - Pascoe has failed to prove his points over and over.  As for Bolt, as I said - never seen a single one of his programs.... so if anyone has a point to bolt home, they need to provide....

Generally I don't argue with fools, and have begun to bypass the dross of several regular posters and go to the meat of any discussion..... with your good self being drossed up to kill it's fortunate I even looked at this post...

I'll look it over some time.... thanks...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 2:00pm

Looks like there is a need for some clear definition of what it means to be Aboriginal... officials, those of predominantly Aboriginal ancestry, those with limited Aboriginal ancestry and clearly mixed, those with negligible Aboriginal ancestry, those with no Aboriginal ancestry who are accepted as Aboriginal, those who belong to the Wannabee tribal group.

Sort of full bloods, half-breeds, quadroons, octoroons, and poseurs, maybe high-steppin' yellahs ..... I dunno - I'm no expert...

This is the old Spanish system here:-

"It was a “hierarchal ordering of racial groups according to their proportion of Spanish blood.” In this system, notable categories with significant meaning were español (Spaniard), castizo, morisco, mestizo, mulatto, indio (Indian), and negro (black)."

Not altogether sure about that 'castizo'.... sounds  a bit harsh to me...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #39 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 2:06pm

Less than quarter cast should not be considered abbo
Especially if predominantly white.

The abbo gene is recessive, no throwbacks ...ever.

So once the abbo gene is bread out, all you have left is parasitical white.

If you cannae, prove better than 1/4 cast, you are no longer abbo
No abbo benifits, no abbo considerations.
Better still, in a few generations there will be so few abbos that they can be Truely looked after, not thrust aside to placate the white abbo parasites.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #40 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 3:57pm

Valkie wrote on Jun 20th, 2021 at 2:06pm:
Less than quarter cast should not be considered abbo
Especially if predominantly white.

The abbo gene is recessive, no throwbacks ...ever.

So once the abbo gene is bread out, all you have left is parasitical white.

If you cannae, prove better than 1/4 cast, you are no longer abbo
No abbo benifits, no abbo considerations.
Better still, in a few generations there will be so few abbos that they can be Truely looked after, not thrust aside to placate the white abbo parasites.

Sorry Valkie but it is not your option to define this. The Aboriginal people have their own definition.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #41 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 4:02pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 20th, 2021 at 2:00pm:
Looks like there is a need for some clear definition of what it means to be Aboriginal... officials, those of predominantly Aboriginal ancestry, those with limited Aboriginal ancestry and clearly mixed, those with negligible Aboriginal ancestry, those with no Aboriginal ancestry who are accepted as Aboriginal, those who belong to the Wannabee tribal group.

Sort of full bloods, half-breeds, quadroons, octoroons, and poseurs, maybe high-steppin' yellahs ..... I dunno - I'm no expert...

"It was a “hierarchal ordering of racial groups according to their proportion of Spanish blood.” In this system, notable categories with significant meaning were español (Spaniard), castizo, morisco, mestizo, mulatto, indio (Indian), and negro (black)."

There is a definition. His aboriginality is only a minor part of the story here. The big issue is his books findings.

Either way the whole topic is based on a point of zero credibility, Mr Bolts article and opinion. There is likely a better position to argue this topic over but Bolt isn't it. A known and found guilty purveyor of mistruths on parts of the very same topic.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #42 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 4:38pm

Twer it only Bolt as a reference, the argument that he was unqualified would be valid.

But as I have shown, time and time again.

Experts, highly qualified archaeologists,  academics and respected scholars are also refuting Pascoe book of lies.

How much proof is enough?

One man's fairy tales
Or
The opinions of highly qualified scholars and archaeologists.

It's irrefutable,  PASCO and his book of lies is rubbish and anyone referring to it is an idiot.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 7:20pm

Dnarever wrote on Jun 20th, 2021 at 4:02pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 20th, 2021 at 2:00pm:

There is a definition. His aboriginality is only a minor part of the story here. The big issue is his books findings.

Either way the whole topic is based on a point of zero credibility, Mr Bolts article and opinion. There is likely a better position to argue this topic over but Bolt isn't it. A known and found guilty purveyor of mistruths on parts of the very same topic.

I have no time for Bolt or similar - but it seems to me that it is Pascoe's works that start from a position of zero credibility.... and it looks, superficially, that he chose to adopt 'Aboriginal heritage' in order to reinforce his views ......

BPD perhaps?  Like Crazy Horse or Custer, at times he lived somewhere between the two worlds of reality and mysticism... one foot in the real world, the other in the Dreamland....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #44 - Jun 20th, 2021 at 8:40pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 20th, 2021 at 1:31pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 20th, 2021 at 12:27pm:

I'm not the one proving a point - Pascoe has failed to prove his points over and over.  As for Bolt, as I said - never seen a single one of his programs.... so if anyone has a point to bolt home, they need to provide....

Generally I don't argue with fools, and have begun to bypass the dross of several regular posters and go to the meat of any discussion..... with your good self being drossed up to kill it's fortunate I even looked at this post...

I'll look it over some time.... thanks...

The truth hurts, does it, Graps?  You have to face it someday.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Send Topic Print