Send Topic Print
5 pillars (Read 13445 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: 5 pillars
Reply #90 - May 18th, 2021 at 2:50pm

Islamophobia.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - May 18th, 2021 at 4:14pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 18th, 2021 at 2:50pm:

Says the most Christianphobic numpty. Your hatred of Christianity is second only to Dracula's hate of the cross, yet here you are, tirelessly defending Islam.

But then you are like the White Queen in her prime, believing six impossible things before breeakfast.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #92 - May 18th, 2021 at 5:50pm

polite_gandalf wrote on May 18th, 2021 at 12:57pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 27th, 2021 at 9:05am:
polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 10:59am:
What is your alternative anyway? Are you saying no muslim could ever carry out their religious "acts" with any faith?

It is pretty obvious what I am saying Gandalf.

Sure it is. The problem though is that you are not making any actual argument with it.

For example, how does anything you have said about acts and faiths being "separable" prove your claim that fasting in Islam cannot be an act of faith?

freediver wrote on Feb 27th, 2021 at 9:42am:
You can scratch your arse and really mean it, but you are still just scratching your arse.

And yet you do it because you have faith it will relieve your itch. Again, simply saying that physical acts and beliefs are separable doesn't in any way mean that therefore an act cannot be done in relation to, or because of a belief.

True.

But the act is still not the belief. It is not the faith. It is not a tenet. It is an act. They are different things. Thus you misrepresent Islam when you say they are the same thing.

Also, when you say that the 5 acts summarise the religion as succinctly as possible, you are painting Islam as a behaviour, not belief. Or, an extremely shallow set of beliefs.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - May 18th, 2021 at 9:48pm

Islam is performative. What you think is irrelevant.
Submit and be seen to submit. That's all.

Be seen to skratch your arse.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #94 - May 19th, 2021 at 2:04pm

freediver wrote on May 18th, 2021 at 5:50pm:
True.

But the act is still not the belief. It is not the faith. It is not a tenet. It is an act. They are different things. Thus you misrepresent Islam when you say they are the same thing.

Firstly, the 5 pillars are not 5 "acts" as you are trying to define it. The first, and clearly most important pillar is the shahada - belief in the oneness of God. That is clearly, one hundred percent a belief and nothing else - even in your book.

What else do you expect the Islamic faith to comprise of?

The other 4 pillars should be understood as acts that revolve around this belief or 'faith' - acts that directly affirm and strengthen this belief. Hence 'acts of faith': prayer - remembering the one God and imploring Him to keep you on the straight path; fasting and charity - understanding that the key to being at peace with God is by rejecting material desires and possession (pretty much a universal concept in all mainstream religions); and pilgrimage to Islam's holiest site.

Quote:
Also, when you say that the 5 acts summarise the religion as succinctly as possible, you are painting Islam as a behaviour, not belief. Or, an extremely shallow set of beliefs.

Far from it. Belief is absolutely central to everything in Islam - from which all other Islamic acts revolve around. The acts surrounding that belief simply don't make sense outside belief.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - May 19th, 2021 at 4:42pm

Which pillar covers: allah says it is O.K. to thieve lie rape torture and mass murder, that a man who has sex with children, rapes women, tortures and murders innocent people is the best example for mankind, allah demands human sacrifice?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #96 - May 19th, 2021 at 4:52pm

Islamophobia.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bertie
Gold Member

Reply #97 - May 19th, 2021 at 7:07pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 19th, 2021 at 4:52pm:

Not a bad thing. Must resist religious fundamentalism.  Do you want Islamic rule over you, Bbwian? Resist and oppose Islam if you don't.  Yawn and be yourself if you do.

Islamophobia = resisting religious fundamentalism = good thing.i
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2021 at 10:16pm by Bertie »  

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #98 - May 19th, 2021 at 7:41pm

Bertie wrote on May 19th, 2021 at 7:07pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 19th, 2021 at 4:52pm:

Not a bad thing. Must resist religious fundamentalism.  Do you want Islamic rule over you, Bbwian? Resist and oppise Islam if you don't.  Yawn and be yourself if you do.

He is too much of a coward to ever see Islam in action in an Islamic country.

And yet he defends it with a religious fervor.

typical muzzo COWARD

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #99 - May 19th, 2021 at 10:25pm

Islamophobia.  Persecution of innocent Muslims.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #100 - May 20th, 2021 at 8:04am

Bwyannnnnnn is too much of a coward to ever see Islam in action in an Islamic country.

And yet he defends it with a religious fervor.

typical muzzo COWARD

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #101 - May 20th, 2021 at 1:45pm

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - May 20th, 2021 at 3:04pm

5 pillars?

1/. qur'an 8.67: It is not for any prophet to have captives until he hath made a great slaughter in the land. Ye desire the lure of this world and Allah desireth (for you) the Hereafter, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.

A prophet has to be a mass murderer.

2/. qur'an 3.151: We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve because they ascribe unto Allah partners, for which no warrant hath been revealed. Their habitation is the Fire, and hapless the abode of the wrong-doers.

islam is terrorism

3/. qur'an 4.74: Let those that fight in the cause of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the cause of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward.

Suicide bombers

4/. qur'an 9.111: Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.

The sacred duty of muslims is to kill and be killed

5/. qur'an 5.51: O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.

Do not take Jews and Christians as friends and protectors, muslims must alienate themselves, or allah will not guide them.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #103 - May 20th, 2021 at 3:12pm

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - May 20th, 2021 at 3:16pm

The psycho alethephobe snakemouth ross, just told us he supports the muslim atrocities exposed in my post.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Send Topic Print