Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Our race? Lol
Reply #75 - Sep 28th, 2020 at 1:50pm

Frank wrote on Sep 28th, 2020 at 6:38am:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 27th, 2020 at 10:11pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 27th, 2020 at 8:34pm:
Racial discrimination acts exist because people believe that races exist.

BINGO!!!!

You are not as silly as you look, UnSub.   What a shame no one else understands the problems with humanity as well as you do. Soren, despite being a Trick-Cyclist never will.

"Race" is a social construct.  It has no scientific basis.  All mentions of the concept of "race" buy into the concept of the social construct.   I don't.   Cool Cool

"a number of protected attributes including age, disability, race, sex"

An attribute is an inherent characteristic. The law identifies race as such.  Why do you insist that race is only an imaginary attribute in the law?
Also note that the law makes no mention of DNA. Why? Because it's irrelevant to this and ALL other attributes (inherent characteristics).

Is Pascoe mistaken to imagine himself Aboriginal when there is only one race, the human race? What does it mean to self-identify as Aborigine? Black?

Why is it wrong for whites to self-identify as Black?

Why is it wrong, Soren?  It is a matter of personal choice I suspect.  You have no direct evidence that Pascoe does not have indigenous Australian parenthood.  You're just going off what has been claimed in the media.  Tsk, tsk. Roll Eyes

The law does not mention DNA because DNA was not understood when the law was framed.   Even if it had, it would more than likely get it wrong.   DNA can prove who you are, not who you believe you are, Soren.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #76 - Sep 28th, 2020 at 1:54pm

Jest wrote on Sep 28th, 2020 at 10:32am:
Neferti wrote on Sep 28th, 2020 at 6:59am:
Quote:
A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as distinct by society. The term was first used to refer to speakers of a common language and then to denote national affiliations.

https://7img.net/users/3715/71/50/82/smiles/1411396529.gif

In science we classify things all the time. We look for the similarities and differences in things and classify them as x, y, z species, primates and non primates etc. It doesn't mean that those differences and similarities are a social construct; made up by society. The differences are out there in the real world for all to see except if you're woke. 

You do know that SJWs are now saying that maths (eg 2+2=4) is a social construct devised by evil white people to suppress the other races especially black people.   

There are numerous examples where standard taxonomy got it wrong, based as it was on the person preferences/beliefs of the taxonomist.  DNA as corrected that.  It allows scientists to look "under the skin" and determine animal X is to related to animal Y but to animal A instead.   Taxonomy was a means of categorising animals based on how they looked rather than what they were.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #77 - Sep 28th, 2020 at 2:12pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 28th, 2020 at 12:33pm:

BINGO!!!!

You are not as silly as you look, UnSub.   What a shame no one else understands the problems with humanity as well as you do. Soren, despite being a Trick-Cyclist never will.

"Race" is a social construct.  It has no scientific basis.  All mentions of the concept of "race" buy into the concept of the social construct.   I don't.   Cool Cool

BrianBot, you can't say that race has no scientific basis when people can see race in action every time a new baby is born with certain racial features. If I banged an Asian wife and she fell pregnant with my baby, you could imagine how race becomes an issue when her Asian husband finds out that his wife has given birth to a Eurasian baby.

All part of the social construction of the concept of "race".  "Race" exists because people believe it exists.  You said it yourself.  It has no scientific basis.  DNA has proved it effectively does not exist.   There is only one race and that is the Human one.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #78 - Sep 28th, 2020 at 2:13pm

Jest wrote on Sep 28th, 2020 at 1:21pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 28th, 2020 at 12:33pm:

BINGO!!!!

BrianBot, you can't say that race has no scientific basis when people can see race in action every time a new baby is born with certain racial features. If I banged an Asian wife and she fell pregnant with my baby, you could imagine how race becomes an issue when her Asian husband finds out that his wife has given birth to a Eurasian baby.

Oh he can say it. And he will keep saying it because that's what the ideology dictates. Its no different to a religious fanatic and its showing very similar traits to Nazism especially in academia. We have known for over a century that ideology and science don't mix but now in academia you determine what result you want according to your ideology and then compile the "scientific" data and formulate the arguments that fit with it. It really is barbaric and exactly what the Nazies did to conclude that it was scientifically proven that Jews are a sub-spices of humans. And thats what brainwashed automatons like Bwyan don't understand. He thinks he's being super noble by making up science to fit in with his woke ideology but its just opening the door for others to do the same only for real oppressive ends, not the bogus pretend "look at me everybody aren't I just dripping with virtue" oppression Bwyan talks about.   

It is not an ideology, it is science.  To suggest otherwise just shows how ignorant you really are.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Sep 28th, 2020 at 3:25pm

the ideal situation will be when we treat skin colour like hair colour.
of no significance.

it is the left who keep this crap alive though.

black lives matter they shreik Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

could you imagine a world where people shreiked

brunettes lives matter?

nope.

if they shreiked that, you would think they were a weirdo.

and i think most non racists think anyone screaming black lives matter is a weirdo.

wtf is wrong with them.

why do they even notice.

they must be racist, i suspect

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #80 - Sep 28th, 2020 at 4:01pm

I wonder how red heads think of that Aqua?  They come in for a lot of ribbing, "Ranga" and so on.   Seems to me, some people treat it far more seriously than you do.

I'd love everybody to ignore what colour skin/shape of their eyes/thickness of their lips/size of their nose/frizziness of their hair/etc. a person had,  There is no basis in science for Racism.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #81 - Sep 28th, 2020 at 4:03pm

aquascoot wrote on Sep 28th, 2020 at 3:25pm:
of no significance.

brunettes lives matter?

nope.

and i think most non racists think anyone screaming black lives matter is a weirdo.

wtf is wrong with them.

why do they even notice.

Please dont keep associating people like Bwyan with the Left. For all the reasons you have said he is not the Left. People on the Left think for themselves rather than absorb dogma handed down to them from above and then repeat it uncritically like performing seals. People on the Left respect science and dont make science up to fit in with their ideology and most of all people on the Left are not racists. They recognise the differences in people and accord them equal value instead of pretending that the differences do not exist, which as you rightly point out is the ultimate in disrespect and racism. And you're most certainly right that its them who are keeping the flames of racism burning, by looking for racism in every act, every gesture and every statement just itching to call someone racist on the slightest pretext, so that it will never never leave our social consciousness and will remains eternally part of human existence. Just so some selfish self-centered arse holes have something they can signal their virtue with.   

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #82 - Sep 28th, 2020 at 4:05pm

Whats the difference between selfish and self-centered.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #83 - Sep 28th, 2020 at 4:06pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 28th, 2020 at 4:01pm:
I wonder how red heads think of that Aqua?  They come in for a lot of ribbing, "Ranga" and so on.   Seems to me, some people treat it far more seriously than you do.

I'd love everybody to ignore what colour skin/shape of their eyes/thickness of their lips/size of their nose/frizziness of their hair/etc. a person had,  There is no basis in science for Racism.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Would you like your daughter to marry an African American?

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #84 - Sep 28th, 2020 at 4:08pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Sep 28th, 2020 at 4:05pm:
Whats the difference between selfish and self-centered.

Glad to see your reading closely. All the best

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #85 - Sep 28th, 2020 at 4:09pm

Neferti wrote on Sep 28th, 2020 at 4:06pm:

Is that your way of saying you wouldnt?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #86 - Sep 28th, 2020 at 4:13pm

Or marry a Muslim?

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #87 - Sep 28th, 2020 at 4:15pm

Jest wrote on Sep 28th, 2020 at 4:09pm:

No. Just wondered what Brian's answer would be.  Wink

Many years ago, I was asked that very question by my husband's American boss' wife when they were visiting Australia.  My reply to her was "I would have to meet him first".  Smiley

IP Logged

Jest
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW South Coast
Reply #88 - Sep 28th, 2020 at 4:31pm

Neferti wrote on Sep 28th, 2020 at 4:15pm:
Jest wrote on Sep 28th, 2020 at 4:09pm:

No. Just wondered what Brian's answer would be.  Wink

Many years ago, I was asked that very question by my husband's American boss' wife when they were visiting Australia.  My reply to her was "I would have to meet him first".  Smiley

Yes I think that's what Bobbie is missing in his post. I wouldn't want my daughter marrying any of those blokes either

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Sep 28th, 2020 at 4:34pm

Jest wrote on Sep 28th, 2020 at 4:03pm:
aquascoot wrote on Sep 28th, 2020 at 3:25pm:
of no significance.

brunettes lives matter?

nope.

wtf is wrong with them.

why do they even notice.

Please dont keep associating people like Bwyan with the Left. For all the reasons you have said he is not the Left. People on the Left think for themselves rather than absorb dogma handed down to them from above and then repeat it uncritically like performing seals. People on the Left respect science and dont make science up to fit in with their ideology and most of all people on the Left are not racists. They recognise the differences in people and accord them equal value instead of pretending that the differences do not exist, which as you rightly point out is the ultimate in disrespect and racism. And you're most certainly right that its them who are keeping the flames of racism burning, by looking for racism in every act, every gesture and every statement just itching to call someone racist on the slightest pretext, so that it will never never leave our social consciousness and will remains eternally part of human existence. Just so some selfish self-centered arse holes have something they can signal their virtue with.   

wow,
thats a really good post

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Send Topic Print