Send Topic Print
Our race? Lol (Read 7311 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Our race? Lol
Reply #180 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 2:31pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 2:14pm:
https://emojipedia-us.s3.dualstack.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/thumbs/120/google/223...

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.   "Race" as used by Racists, is a social construct, Soren.  You are so completely under it's spell that you fail to understand the point that is being made.  Racism exists because Racists believe in the social construct.   Science shows there is no basic different between the so-called "Races".   That you fail to understand that shows how much the social construct of "race" plays in your thinking.   Non-Racists don't care what "race" a person is.  Their minor, physical, external differences are just that, minor, physical external differences and should play no part in how you or other people treat one another.   That you refuse to see or understand that simply shows how far you are removed from your fellow humans.   If you're son or daughter brought home a person who was black and declared that they were going to marry them, I am sure you would disown them rather than celebrate their decision.   Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So when a non-white guy (is there such a thing?? ) says he's a proud black or Aboriginal, inuit, Asian, Arab etc man - he is perpetuating his racism? ? Is he, the racist he is, emphasising the 'minor physical differences',  expecting  them to be acknowledged, not ignored? Is it not a central part of how he sees himself?

Should they all say, with you, 'I am NOT a proud black, Aboriginal etc man - don't try to social contruct me as being any different to anyone else'.

Is that it?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #181 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 2:34pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 2:00pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 9:29am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 28th, 2020 at 12:33pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 27th, 2020 at 10:11pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 27th, 2020 at 8:34pm:
Racial discrimination acts exist because people believe that races exist.

BINGO!!!!

You are not as silly as you look, UnSub.   What a shame no one else understands the problems with humanity as well as you do. Soren, despite being a Trick-Cyclist never will.

"Race" is a social construct.  It has no scientific basis.  All mentions of the concept of "race" buy into the concept of the social construct.   I don't.   Cool Cool

BrianBot, you can't say that race has no scientific basis when people can see race in action every time a new baby is born with certain racial features. If I banged an Asian wife and she fell pregnant with my baby, you could imagine how race becomes an issue when her Asian husband finds out that his wife has given birth to a Eurasian baby.

The husband would only NOTICE if he was a wacist like you.

Take Bbwian, for example. If he had a wife and she gave birth to an African or Asian kiddie rather than a blonde and blue eyed one, Bbwian wouldn't notice because there is no such thing as race and so there is nuffin' to notice! Tsk, tsk  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Yeah, I saw something that reminded me of Brian. A white couple posing for a photo, with a black toddler between them. Captioned as "owned".

And, yes, I would wonder if Brian would snap had his wife given birth to a baby that did not resemble partly like him, especially if the baby was of a different race.

I would be pissed off like you would not believe if my wife or girlfriend (neither of which exist at the moment) gave birth to a different race from either of us. Why anyone would not feel any kind of betrayal would be beyond me. And I would be sure Brian would not claim that race does not exist had the circumstances happened to him.

Go woke, go broke, Brian.

You like most Racists are only reacting to the minor, external differences which are immaterial.  The baby would still be a person.  Do not create another Sandra Laing like case.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #182 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 2:41pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 2:23pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 1:40pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 29th, 2020 at 2:40pm:
No.   I don't want to wake up one morning and discover all my ancestors have been "baptised" in the Church of the Latter Day Saints without my permission.   Nor are they very accurated.   They can be up to 20% incorrect if they are compared to other DNA tracing companies.  The reality is, they merely show where one's ancestors came from, not what "race" they were.   Assumptions are made on that basis and that is all they are - assumptions, Neferti.   If you have had your ancestry "traced" by ancestry.com you've wasted your money.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Whilst we are on the subject, why are you concerned about whether your ancestors were Church of Latter Day Saints or not? Or are you worried that ancestry.com were going to give false information for the sake of fraudulently inflating their church numbers?

I am concerned because it would be done without my permission using data that I can provided for completely different purposes. UnSub.  It would be akin to using my car driver license to determine who I supported in Footbrawl or Thugby.   I support neither sport and I would be very sorry to see my name misused in that way.   What about you?  Would you be happy to see your name used in such a manner?

My family has never been associated with the Church of the Latter-Day Saints.   I don't wish them to make assumptions, without my permission.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I was a Broncos fan until 1995 when the North Qld Cowboys made their appearance in the NRL. If people made assumptions that I was still a Broncos supporter to this day because of my initial childhood fan support of the team, then I would consider it their problem, not mine.

My mother is an Anglican and my father was a Methodist. I attending church from as far back as I remember until I was about 17 years old. The very fact that I considered myself non-religious and even atheist by the time I was 12 years old is not negated by going to church until I was 17.

What your parents and grandparents do is not a reflection of who you are.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #183 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 2:43pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 2:41pm:
No.   I don't want to wake up one morning and discover all my ancestors have been "baptised" in the Church of the Latter Day Saints without my permission.   Nor are they very accurated.   They can be up to 20% incorrect if they are compared to other DNA tracing companies.  The reality is, they merely show where one's ancestors came from, not what "race" they were.   Assumptions are made on that basis and that is all they are - assumptions, Neferti.   If you have had your ancestry "traced" by ancestry.com you've wasted your money.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Whilst we are on the subject, why are you concerned about whether your ancestors were Church of Latter Day Saints or not? Or are you worried that ancestry.com were going to give false information for the sake of fraudulently inflating their church numbers?

I am concerned because it would be done without my permission using data that I can provided for completely different purposes. UnSub.  It would be akin to using my car driver license to determine who I supported in Footbrawl or Thugby.   I support neither sport and I would be very sorry to see my name misused in that way.   What about you?  Would you be happy to see your name used in such a manner?

My family has never been associated with the Church of the Latter-Day Saints.   I don't wish them to make assumptions, without my permission.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I was a Broncos fan until 1995 when the North Qld Cowboys made their appearance in the NRL. If people made assumptions that I was still a Broncos supporter to this day because of my initial childhood fan support of the team, then I would consider it their problem, not mine.

My mother is an Anglican and my father was a Methodist. I attending church from as far back as I remember until I was about 17 years old. The very fact that I considered myself non-religious and even atheist by the time I was 12 years old is not negated by going to church until I was 17.

Why should the Mormons be allowed to believe otherwise and "baptise" them into their church without my permission? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #184 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 2:47pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 2:43pm:

Why should the Mormons be allowed to believe otherwise and "baptise" them into their church without my permission? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Who are you - who is anyone? - to decide what someone is allowed to believe, Bbwian?

Your 'jokes' are indistinguishable from your seriously held stupidities.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #185 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 2:55pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 2:34pm:
You like most Racists are only reacting to the minor, external differences which are immaterial.  The baby would still be a person.  Do not create another Sandra Laing like case.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Oh, my goodness, Brian. I made a passing reference to the topic of cuckoldry and the implications that the betrayed husband would face. But you have just buried your feelings on the subject for the sake of trying to sound woke.

I don't believe anything you say any more on this topic, Brian. A bit of understanding on the topic of genetics would do you more favours than you realise. If all the Africans moved to Europe and all the Europeans moved to Africa, would you then say that after 1000 generations had passed the European descendants would look black African and the African descendants look white European?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #186 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 3:00pm

I was baptised Anglican when I was a baby, without my expressed permission. I just renounced my religion and deny having any affiliation with any religion, ever since I turned 12 years of age.

And who are you to object to what your parents and grandparents legally do? If the Mormons made fraudulent claims against your parents and grandparents, it is up to your relatives affected to make amends. You can feel insulted all you want. But, it really is not your problem.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #187 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 3:07pm

Do not create another Sandra Laing like case.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Cheesy
Another!!! Because there is such a case every, what? 70 years.

Elsewhere in race news

For Russians, Alexander Pushkin inhabits a space beyond taste, where nationalism has given subjective art the patina of fact. He is the undisputed father of their literature in the way Shakespeare is for Brits. His great-grandfather, Ibrahim Petrovich Gannibal, was probably born in what is now Cameroon in 1696. Gannibal was kidnapped as a child and taken to Constantinople, where, in one of those confounding literary footnotes, one of Tolstoy’s ancestors “rescued” him (this is Pushkin’s own word – vïruchiv – in a 1824 note) and presented him to Peter the Great.
Following a military education in France, he rose to the nobility and died a general-in-chief with hundreds of serfs: a black aristocrat with white indentured servants in 18th-century northern Europe.

Systemic wacism.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #188 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 4:16pm

Funny to see Brian getting all hot under the collar about the Mormons.  Perhaps he suffers from ecclesiophobia, theophobia, or uranophobia?  Wink

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #189 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 5:15pm

Frank wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 2:47pm:

Who are you - who is anyone? - to decide what someone is allowed to believe, Bbwian?

Your 'jokes' are indistinguishable from your seriously held stupidities.

They can believe what they like about sky fairies, Soren.  They do not have permission to believe they can "baptise" my ancestors without my permission first.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #190 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 5:18pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 2:55pm:

Oh, my goodness, Brian. I made a passing reference to the topic of cuckoldry and the implications that the betrayed husband would face. But you have just buried your feelings on the subject for the sake of trying to sound woke.

My views on this long predate the concept of "wokeness", UnSub.  Time you climbed down off of your Racist hobbyhorse and faced the Science.  Roll Eyes

Quote:
I don't believe anything you say any more on this topic, Brian. A bit of understanding on the topic of genetics would do you more favours than you realise. If all the Africans moved to Europe and all the Europeans moved to Africa, would you then say that after 1000 generations had passed the European descendants would look black African and the African descendants look white European?

Genetics would sort them out.  Those that produced less vitamin D, from their skin cells exposure to the suns rays would survived longer and in theory breed more than those that did the reverse.   That is why black people have darker skin than white people.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2020 at 9:58pm by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #191 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 5:22pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 3:00pm:

I was baptised Anglican when I was a baby, without my expressed permission. I just renounced my religion and deny having any affiliation with any religion, ever since I turned 12 years of age.

And who are you to object to what your parents and grandparents legally do? If the Mormons made fraudulent claims against your parents and grandparents, it is up to your relatives affected to make amends. You can feel insulted all you want. But, it really is not your problem.

My parents?  Well, one is deceased and cannot make decisions for himself.  The other is quite well and living and I think any Mormon knocking on her door and be best prepared for her reaction if he told her that she had been "baptised" in their church.  All my grandparents are deceased and cannot be asked what they would have like - either way.   This where the Mormons break down, they believe everybody wants to be "saved".   I doubt my grand or great-great grandparents would want to become Mormons.   Better to leave sleeping dogs lie, I think.  Something neither you or the Mormons understand...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #192 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 5:23pm

Frank wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 3:07pm:
Do not create another Sandra Laing like case.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Cheesy
Another!!! Because there is such a case every, what? 70 years.

Are you denying that it occurred, Soren?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #193 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 5:25pm

Neferti wrote on Sep 30th, 2020 at 4:16pm:
Funny to see Brian getting all hot under the collar about the Mormons.  Perhaps he suffers from ecclesiophobia, theophobia, or uranophobia?  Wink

None of the above, Neferti.  You appear to not understand, perhaps deliberately, the falsehood of "baptising" a person, long after they have died...    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #194 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 7:19pm

Anyway - if we're all the same why did the red-haired white girl with maybe a small percentage come up with that term in the discussion at all?  I guess it's trendy to be a Black Lesbian In A Wheelchair with Limited English - that's four PS promotions without even starting these days .....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16
Send Topic Print