What Happens Next? (Read 1395 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: What Happens Next?
Reply #15 - May 5th, 2020 at 7:37pm

freediver wrote on May 5th, 2020 at 7:31pm:
Not having to work is a sweatshop to put food on the table is a good thing Bobby, not a bad thing.

A lot of uneducated people don't mind -
they just want to earn a living and don't mind working hard.
You'll find good, honest, hard working people in factories.
Many people came to Melbourne for all the factory work but
it's now gone.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #16 - May 5th, 2020 at 7:41pm

aquascoot wrote on May 5th, 2020 at 7:36pm:
ah bobby,
the generation who lived thru the depression and fought in WW2 used to retire and look after the grandkids for free (saving the government a fortune in childcare) and then their caravan holiday would consist of going to a farm and picking fruit.

resilient people and contributors to the core

the boomers who lived through "nothing" retire and "spend the kids inheritance". they too buy a caravan and they pull up and get out the deck chairs and drink and get fat and get diabetes.
then they go on the Ruby Princess (instead of a landing craft to normandy) and then they come back to OZ and expect the counrtry to take a $4 billion a week hit so they can have medical care in ICU because they are fat diabetic unfit lazy fecckers.

fragile people and entitled  to the core

People used to only live till they were 50.
When they died the death certificate didn't say diabetes or heart attack -
it said "died of old age"

Times have changed.
Now we live till 80 and end up as dribbling vegetables in aged care homes.
The death certificate has a dozen reason as to why we died but
never - "died of old age."

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #17 - May 5th, 2020 at 7:43pm

Three doctors mysteriously fall from hospital windows in Russkiye... Tovarich - is Hungary way of dealing with dissident - doctor failing to produce miracle cure is falling from window... sometimes small suspicion of assistance.... but message sent and received, nyet?

Doctors now finding cure for Corona in Russkiye with all possible haste... now good citizen all!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #18 - May 5th, 2020 at 8:52pm

aquascoot wrote on May 5th, 2020 at 5:38pm:
no one has to deal with china.

you want to pay $5000 for an iphone,
$4000 for a washing machine
$100 for a T shirt

go right ahead.

go to westpac and borrow some money and set up a factory and employ lots of overpaid , entitled, lazy australian union members and then sell your products at the above prices into the australian market and we'll see how many aussie "china haters" put their money where their big fat lazy mouths are. Wink

Actually, Aqua, China is going to find itself in a pickle sooner than later as automation continues to advance. You don't need to wrap nets around an iphone factory to stop robots from jumping off them  Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #19 - May 5th, 2020 at 9:49pm

Bobby. wrote on May 5th, 2020 at 7:37pm:
Not having to work is a sweatshop to put food on the table is a good thing Bobby, not a bad thing.

it's now gone.

They came to put food on the table.

Those dirt poor Asians are not working in sweatshops out of some cunning plan to outcompete us. They are not even doing it for the warm and fuzzies I get when I buy a tshirt for $2 (which, BTW used to cost $40 in the glory days of the heavily protected Australian clothing industry). They are not doing it to get smarter or better. They do it because they are hungry. They are doing a menial job that robots will probably be doing before they retire, and they will have to move on the the next menial task we cannot be bothered doing for ourselves.

You see everything that is good about the wealth we have created for ourselves, and you fear it. You fear that you are missing out on some symbol of our past strength, but it is only a symbol. Sewing machine skills are not what keeps this country going.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #20 - May 5th, 2020 at 9:53pm

By getting rid of Manufacturing.
We have got rid of the need to import Cheap Asian Labour.
Sounds like a win to us.
There is a better 'industry' up ahead than relying on Manufacturing.  Wink
...let alone Politics as the big earner.  Lips Sealed

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #21 - May 5th, 2020 at 9:55pm

freediver wrote on May 5th, 2020 at 9:49pm:

it's now gone.

Those dirt poor Asians are not working in sweatshops out of some cunning plan to outcompete us. They are not even doing it for the warm and fuzzies I get when I buy a tshirt for $2 (which, BTW used to cost $40 in the glory days of the heavily protected Australian clothing industry). They are not doing it to get smarter or better. They do it because they are hungry. They are doing a menial job that robots will probably be doing before they retire, and they will have to move on the the next menial task we cannot be bothered doing for ourselves.

You see everything that is good about the wealth we have created for ourselves, and you fear it. You fear that you are missing out on some symbol of our past strength, but it is only a symbol. Sewing machine skills are not what keeps this country going.

What does keep us going?

Flogging houses for ever greater prices so that
we end up with maybe the largest real estate bubble in the world?

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - May 5th, 2020 at 9:58pm

Bobby. wrote on May 5th, 2020 at 9:55pm:

it's now gone.

What does keep us going?

We already have the largest real estate bubble in the world thanks to decades of government meddling that favoured housing and not much else Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #23 - May 5th, 2020 at 9:59pm

it's now gone.

What does keep us going?

Innovation. Liberty. And sending mountains of dirt over to China. Basically, doing the jobs that pay buckets of money and letting the Chinese make our shirts for us.

All these past symbols of our prestige that you feel compelled to return to, or at least, make your fellow countrymen return to, are the things that used to be innovative, but are not any more.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - May 5th, 2020 at 10:07pm

freediver wrote on May 5th, 2020 at 9:59pm:

it's now gone.

What does keep us going?

Innovation. Liberty. And sending mountains of dirt over to China. Basically, doing the jobs that pay buckets of money and letting the Chinese make our shirts for us.

All these past symbols of our prestige that you feel compelled to return to, or at least, make your fellow countrymen return to, are the things that used to be innovative, but are not any more.

And selling bits of Australia to each other at ever increasing prices and paid with using more and more foreign debt creates real wealth - how ??

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #25 - May 5th, 2020 at 10:08pm

What Innovation?

We're not like Germany that invests money into industry
to make the best lathes, tools, cars, robots and other devices
that sell at premium prices throughout the world.
We don't value add.
There is nothing to be proud of spending most of
our money getting into more and more debt over houses.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #26 - May 5th, 2020 at 10:09pm

If we can crucify a Prime Minister to die for our Australian Political 'sins' upon the Southern Cross.
This country will be a better place.
  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - May 5th, 2020 at 10:10pm

Bobby. wrote on May 5th, 2020 at 10:08pm:

What Innovation?

We're not like Germany that invests money into industry
to make the best lathes, tools, cars, robots and other devices
that sell at premium prices throughout the world.
We don't value add.
There is nothing to be proud of spending most of
our money getting into more and more debt over houses.

for every dollars worth of iron ore we send over to china we pay 10,000 times that much for the imported manufactured goods which is why we are in so much debt !!

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #28 - May 5th, 2020 at 10:13pm

There is this myth of modern China that out competes its Western counterparts. Its Communism verses Capitalism. Sure, we get cheap iphones . . . for now. And when they have Western industry completely by the balls, ( which is what some of you are willing to accept) its goodbye Taiwan and goodbye cheap consumer crap. But Taiwan is expendable, right? In the mean time they have these filthy "wet markets." And its all very well to say "Get over it," but for argument's sake, just how would we get over it, if another plague came out of China next year, and younger people started dying?

I'll tell you what would happen. Someone would start a war, a real one. So don't be so bloody complacent about the situation.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #29 - May 5th, 2020 at 10:13pm

Leader Board

Namerica = Politics
Middle-East = Military
Samerica = Religion
Sahul (Oz) = Art
Africa = Sport
Asia = Economics
Europe = Music
Oceania = Medicine

...hence why the Kiwis got 1st place against Corona. Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print