Other    
  1 (12.5%)
pure as the driven snow    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 8
« Created by: Grappler Truth Teller Feller on: Jan 24th, 2020 at 7:31pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 64
Send Topic Print
Bruce Pascoe has committed no offence (Read 54041 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Bruce Pascoe has committed no offence
Jan 24th, 2020 at 10:01am

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: Bruce Pascoe has committed no offence
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 11:15am

Quote:
The AFP said Pascoe's "Aboriginality was not relevant in determining whether a Commonwealth offence had been committed" and so those inquiries had not been undertaken.

Doesn't mean he's not a lying fraud.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 3:31pm

Bewdy

That has left the gate open for anyone to call themselves abbo.

Look out centafink, here I come budda.

Lots of free handouts .

Betts get me climbing boots sos I can climb Ayres rock as an abbo.

Yay

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 3:41pm

Valkie wrote on Jan 24th, 2020 at 3:31pm:
Bewdy

That has left the gate open for anyone to call themselves abbo.

Look out centafink, here I come budda.

Lots of free handouts .

Betts get me climbing boots sos I can climb Ayres rock as an abbo.

Yay

yep

We should do it.  All Aussies, regardless of whether or not they have proven Hungarian/Bulgarian/French/Italian etc. ancestry going back hundreds of years

should apply for aboriginal assistance packages

and the Spanish, French, Dutch, Chinese, Malay and others whose ancestors stopped by this country in the past can legitimately claim aboriginal ancestry

countless ships were wrecked off our coasts.  Some sailors survived and if they weren't killed and eaten by aborigines, they doubtless left their seed in the aborigines of today, so basically, the entire world can legitimately apply for gibs

we should all do it … petition government for everything free and for big lump sums going back to the dark ages at least

don't worry if you have freckles or light eyes and skin, etc.  If you feel aborigine you ARE aborigine and are entitled to endless gibs

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 6:12pm

Quote:
The AFP said Pascoe's "Aboriginality was not relevant in determining whether a Commonwealth offence had been committed" and so those inquiries had not been undertaken.

ye gods...

this is the complaint...

Quote:
t was reported by The Australian newspaper earlier this month that the complaint from Aboriginal businesswoman Josephine Cashman, which accused Mr Pascoe of financially benefiting from incorrectly claiming to be Indigenous, was referred to the AFP by the office of Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton.

ye gods.... Angry Angry

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #5 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 6:20pm

Bruce Pascoe is an offence to reason..... give or take a Pascoe or two ...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 6:24pm

cods wrote on Jan 24th, 2020 at 6:12pm:
Quote:

ye gods...

this is the complaint...

Quote:
t was reported by The Australian newspaper earlier this month that the complaint from Aboriginal businesswoman Josephine Cashman, which accused Mr Pascoe of financially benefiting from incorrectly claiming to be Indigenous, was referred to the AFP by the office of Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton.

ye gods.... Angry Angry

So the reality is that while his 'Aboriginality' or not - give or take a Pascoe or two..  is not relevant to the issue... the ISSUE is:-  did he lie to obtain financial gain... **

We don't GAF if he's Aboriginal or not - DID HE LIE TO GAIN MONEY...?????

Side question:-  Would his being Aboriginal have made any difference to the reality or otherwise of his claims?

A true Demidenko of a problem there.... looks like the AFP decided to side-step the issue there - just the same as they chose to side-step my complaint twenty years or so ago about confidential military service records being leaked...  Sergeant Cluseau said that it was not his area... but didn't refer to whoever's area it was.... though I did notice some tightening up, given that a public servant who leaked confidential information could face two or more years in prison...

** damn - torture that prose long enough and it will yield up the truth...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #7 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 7:06pm

Setanta wrote on Jan 24th, 2020 at 11:15am:
Quote:

Based on your very limited opinion....Why would you claim he is not Aboriginal without any evidence to support that claim....What do you base your belief on the claim he is not Aboriginal???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 7:11pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 24th, 2020 at 7:06pm:
Quote:

Based on your very limited opinion....Why would you claim he is not Aboriginal without any evidence to support that claim....What do you base your belief on the claim he is not Aboriginal???

Huh Huh Huh

The fact that countless Aboriginals and non-Aboriginals have said he is not, and his family tree indicates very little chance of there being any introduction of Aboriginal DNA... on top of that the complaint was made by an Aboriginal woman...

He's a fiction writer.....

Change the name of NAIDOC Week to Settler Massacre Week...  Cool

― John Adams

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #9 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 7:12pm

Quote:

Huh Huh Huh

That the "people" he claims to be a part of don't recognise that he is, is enough for me. How about you? Why do you believe him.

From the article...
Quote:
"Some people think that my association, family association, is too slim to worry about.

"I've said that all along that these are distant relationships, but they're important to me, as is every relationship in my family."

All he has is claims, his genealogy does not match his words. His association is so slim it doesn't exist except in his own mind.

edit: My original post though has nothing to do with any of that. The OP by Brian stated "Complaint Dark Emu author Bruce Pascoe lied about Aboriginal heritage 'finalised' by AFP ".

Yet the article quoted clearly stated "The AFP said Pascoe's "Aboriginality was not relevant in determining whether a Commonwealth offence had been committed" and so those inquiries had not been undertaken."

So my reply to Brian's post was absolutely correct.

« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2020 at 7:20pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #10 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 7:21pm

Who decides if someone is Aboriginal and who decides they are not....Bruce Pascoe wrote a book and advanced the understanding of Aboriginal history....Why does the Home Affairs Minister have to involve himself with this crap and waste the AFP's time....Josephine Cashman is a Liberal hack which explains a lot!!!

This is how Aboriginal people have been treated....Australia should be ashamed of itself!!!

Quote:
The yarn originated in an unpublished conference paper delivered at The Australian National University almost 25 years ago by the historian Peter Read to illustrate inconsistencies in regards to ‘Indigeneity’:

In 1935 a fair-skinned Australian of part-indigenous descent was ejected from a hotel for being an Aboriginal. He returned to his home on the mission station to find himself refused entry because he was not an Aboriginal. He tried to remove his children but was told he could not because they were Aboriginal. He walked to the next town where he was arrested for being an Aboriginal vagrant and placed on the local reserve. During the Second World War he tried to enlist but was told he could not because he was Aboriginal. He went interstate and joined up as a non-Aboriginal. After the war he could not acquire a passport without permission because he was Aboriginal. He received exemption from the Aborigines Protection Act— and was told that he could no longer visit his relations on the reserve because he was not an Aboriginal. He was denied permission to enter the Returned Servicemen's Club because he was.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

https://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/article/2020/01/12/opinion-bruce-pascoes-identity-no...

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #11 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 7:28pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 24th, 2020 at 7:21pm:
Who decides if someone is Aboriginal and who decides they are not....Bruce Pascoe wrote a book and advanced the understanding of Aboriginal history....Why does the Home Affairs Minister have to involve himself with this crap and waste the AFP's time....Josephine Cashman is a Liberal hack which explains a lot!!!

This is how Aboriginal people have been treated....Australia should be ashamed of itself!!!

Quote:
The yarn originated in an unpublished conference paper delivered at The Australian National University almost 25 years ago by the historian Peter Read to illustrate inconsistencies in regards to ‘Indigeneity’:

In 1935 a fair-skinned Australian of part-indigenous descent was ejected from a hotel for being an Aboriginal. He returned to his home on the mission station to find himself refused entry because he was not an Aboriginal. He tried to remove his children but was told he could not because they were Aboriginal. He walked to the next town where he was arrested for being an Aboriginal vagrant and placed on the local reserve. During the Second World War he tried to enlist but was told he could not because he was Aboriginal. He went interstate and joined up as a non-Aboriginal. After the war he could not acquire a passport without permission because he was Aboriginal. He received exemption from the Aborigines Protection Act— and was told that he could no longer visit his relations on the reserve because he was not an Aboriginal. He was denied permission to enter the Returned Servicemen's Club because he was.

https://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/article/2020/01/12/opinion-bruce-pascoes-identity-no...

The govt made no ruling on his aboriginality as Brian claimed. The AFP said it was not even investigated as it had no relevance to the charges brought against him.

Brian's comment that the Complaint Dark Emu author Bruce Pascoe lied about Aboriginal heritage 'finalised' by AFP is totally bogus. That is not what they were investigating. They did not investigate that claim at all.

The rest of your post is irrelevant to this topic and just a tear jerk sideshow from 100 years ago of zero relevance to what Brian claimed.
Do you get it yet?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 7:31pm

Just to stir yez up a bit....

That was quick!  100% say he is a scammer...

― John Adams

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #13 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 7:32pm

Setanta wrote on Jan 24th, 2020 at 7:12pm:
Quote:

Huh Huh Huh

That the "people" he claims to be a part of don't recognise that he is, is enough for me. How about you? Why do you believe him.

From the article...
Quote:
"Some people think that my association, family association, is too slim to worry about.

"I've said that all along that these are distant relationships, but they're important to me, as is every relationship in my family."

All he has is claims, his genealogy does not match his words. His association is so slim it doesn't exist except in his own mind.

edit: My original post though has nothing to do with any of that. The OP by Brian stated "Complaint Dark Emu author Bruce Pascoe lied about Aboriginal heritage 'finalised' by AFP ".

Yet the article quoted clearly stated "The AFP said Pascoe's "Aboriginality was not relevant in determining whether a Commonwealth offence had been committed" and so those inquiries had not been undertaken."

So my reply to Brian's post was absolutely correct.

His Aboriginal ancestry was not relevant because he has committed no crime and should never have been referred to the AFP in the first place....Dutton is wasting there time with crap....I asked how can you claim he is lying....He claims he has Aboriginal heritage and you have provided nothing to refute his claim....You are making assumptions without evidence as usual???

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 24th, 2020 at 7:35pm

You don't provide evidence to refute a claim - you provide evidence to prove a claim... failure to do so leaves your claim in limbo... unproven one way or the other... but anecdotal evidence in the Court of Public Opinion may sway the National Jury.... in the absence of any sustaining and convincing evidence to support the claim ...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 64
Send Topic Print