Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Australia's project for a new IFV (Read 493 times)
Brian Ross

Representative of me

Australia's project for a new IFV
Sep 20th, 2019 at 9:38pm

The Australian Army's approximately $10-15 billion project to replace the ageing M113 APCs, with an Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV) and APC. Up until few days ago, there were 4 contenders:

Rheinmetall's Lynx KF41
    BAE Systems CV90 MkIV IFV
    Hanwha Defense Systems AS21 Redback
    General Dynamics Land Systems AJAX

As of day before yesterday there are now two after the Australian Army downselected to the Lynx KF41 and AS21 Redback.

Rheinmetall's Lynx KF41

Hanwha Defense Systems AS21 Redback

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Australia's project for a new IFV
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 8:29pm

Mini-subs. Every Coastal town should have one.
Considering we have the German & Nipponese 'mini-subs' as a successful precedence from WW2.
Why Australia can't build upon that - I don't know?

By having a school of Mini-Subs around the Continent, the enemy would not be able to make a successful 'landfall' to mount an engagement with 'Tanks'.  Tongue
The only help they could do 'in advance' would be a mobile coastal gun shooting short range out at sea, besides long range traditional Artillery.

And if the USA can make 'Carriers' for Jet Fighters for the Sky.
Why can't Australia make 'Carriers' for Mini-Subs, beneath the waves?
Maybe the Australian Government thinks the 'Sharks' will protect Australia?  Tongue

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print