Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
A "Cashless Society"??? (Read 1861 times)
lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: A "Cashless Society"???
Reply #15 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 2:28pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 2:21pm:
I've done loads of direct deposits for stuff off I've purchased off Gumtree and never been ripped off.

I have had one attempted rip off on a sale through Gumtree. And I have heard anecdotal stories from locals.

But businesses can adjust their prices somewhat for any scammers out there.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #16 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 3:18pm

Success on Two Fronts!

Cashless Economy a reality along with Classless Society!

In breaking news on KRUD Network, the Federal government has announced the long-awaited conclusion of bi-partisan policies over the past forty years.  It all began with PM Hawke and his memorable statement of the need for a cashless economy and  classless society,and in the intervening years, both sides of Australian politics have worked like beavers at ensuring that most in our economy have little to no cash, and that any semblance of class has long vanished from our society.

Now that this has become a reality, PM Scott Morrison has proudly announced that only those considered to have any class will have any cash and conversely only those with lots of cash will have class ... and has announced, at the same time, a whole new raft of measures to ensure that this becomes the reality in order for trickle-up to do its work of creating a steady society and a tame populace.

Questioned about the impact on lower income earners, Mr Morrison laughed off suggestions that they would be forced to eat cake, saying that their betters.. being the kind of classy people they are.. would never permit babies to starve or pregnant mothers to die from preventable illness... and that the more cash in a cashless society that could be handed to the classier kind, the better the economy will be fueled for the best good for all....

He then went on to announce new sales of farming property to Chinese entrepreneurs and tax cuts for farming and mining enterprises.... saying that a mandatory 20% tax imposition would actually raise their current real tax liability and was thus counter-productive to a nation open for business but not open for much else...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 3:40pm

You can't even deposit money into someone's account now without providing identification.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 3:43pm

Black Orchid wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You can't even deposit money into someone's account now without providing identification.

Huh?

Inside an actual bank, you mean?

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 4:04pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 3:43pm:

Huh?

Yes.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 4:05pm

Black Orchid wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 4:04pm:

Huh?

Yes.

Makes sense, I suppose.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 4:27pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 4:05pm:
Black Orchid wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 4:04pm:

Huh?

Yes.

Makes sense, I suppose.

I think it might depend on the amount.  I know I have made physical cash deposits into accounts (a couple of hundred bucks) and no ID asked for.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 4:47pm

Meh, if you have ever been involved with the underground world, steroids and what not, you would know the world has moved on from Banks, credit cards, cash ....etc.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #23 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 5:26pm

Increasing poverty is moving Australia to a cashless society.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #24 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 5:31pm

Gordon wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 2:21pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 2:16pm:
lee wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 2:14pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 2:10pm:
Direct deposit.

Direct deposit requires a level of faith in strangers. There seems to be an inordinate amount of scamming these days.

Scams with direct deposits, in person?

Any examples?

I've done loads of direct deposits for stuff off I've purchased off Gumtree and never been ripped off.

I've also sold about 150k worth of stock with a good deal being direct deposit.

Some people asked for a photo of my license (which I happily supplied) others would just deposit after a few emails.

Direct deposits? Steaming?

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 5:41pm

1. Cashless Society is a USA economic invention
2. USA is a 4th World Economic nation... still in 'Imperial'.
3. Sales gimmick of "It's new technology - so therefor it must be right and the best for the society..."
4. Australia going cashless (from the Pound) is rushing from an English nothing, to a USA 'nought' at the end.
5. Thousands of people world wide have taken the 'survey-test' of Cash V Cashless and it always showed the Cashless people with far less money to show for it at the end of the day... so easy to 'spend', not save.
6. This is another example of the position of PRIME MINISTER (regardless if it is ALP or LNP) being the 'servant' of the USA directly, not Australia.
7. Electronic funding makes it easier (for Govt, Corps, etc) to 'control' YOUR money and if a great Depression rips through - YOUR money is as good as gone in a NANO-SECOND.
8. Anyone found disagreeing or protesting against the USA's economic control via the 'technology excuse/illusion', here in Australia - will 'disappear'.
9. YOU WILL have a Cashless Society, because you - as an Australian, are a dependent 'dog' of the USA (like N.Korea and a lot of other nations say) and haven't the balls, guts and 'money' to say
"NO!"
to the USA

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 5:43pm

Why is the USA a 4th World ECONOMIC nation?

Well this is what happens when you allow POLITICIANS/POLITICS  to run Economies and not the Accountants/Banks and other 'mathematical' industries.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #27 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 5:46pm

And try to send even small amounts of cash overseas &
you'll be amazed at the paperwork required.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #28 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 6:05pm

You are trapped in the USA now.

You got dumped by Britain here,
and bitterly
- you sold yourself short to the USA.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 6:09pm

Bobby. wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 5:46pm:

And try to send even small amounts of cash overseas &
you'll be amazed at the paperwork required.

Even for small amounts   ...

If you do it via ATM it demands your phone number and if you do it over the counter they want ID.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print