Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Do you think we live in a sim?

« Created by: Българин on: Nov 7th, 2018 at 1:13am »

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Do you think we live in a sim? (Read 1817 times)
Българин

Knívleysur mağur er lívleysur
mağur.

Varna, Bulgaria
Do you think we live in a sim?
Nov 7th, 2018 at 1:13am

Recently something really weird and creepy got me thinking... The ancient Egyptians were White. They disappeared. Modern Egypt is populated by Arabs. Egyptians were no Arabs, nor had the Arab color or the typical Arab skull.

Lost civilisations like Atlantida, Babylon.

The prehistoric people. The Neanderthals. Where did they go? Evolution, right? But why monkeys don't stand up and evolve into us no more? Why monkeys can't become smarter and start working on computers if we're gonna support Darwin's theory.

Dinosaurs. Official version: Ice Age.

How can be a life after an Ice Age. How could there be an entirely new human species.

So this all got me really thinking. What if we're in a sim, and every time we DON'T advance morally and technologically and we disappoint our great Creators, they just wipe us out, nullify us. Reset. So they can make some upgrades, some "software" touch ups, and let the new version in.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2018 at 7:37pm by Българин »  

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Do you think we live in a sim?
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 5:31am

Well trolls are certainly relics of a backward species.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 5:54am

Българин wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 1:13am:
Recently something really weird and creepy got me thinking... The ancient Egyptians were White. They disappeared. Modern Egypt is populated by Arabs. Egyptians were no Arabs, nor had the Arab color or the typical Arab skull.

The prehistoric people. The Neanderthals. Where did they go? Evolution, right? But why monkeys don't stand up and evolve into us no more? Why monkeys can't become smarter and start working on computers if we're gonna support Darwin's theory.

How can be a life after an Ice Age. How could there be an entirely new human species.

So this all got me really thinking. What if we're in a sim, and every time we DON'T advance morally and technologically and we disappoint our great Creators, they just wipe us out, nullify us. Reset. So they can make some upgrades, some "software" touch ups, and let the new version in.

Thoughts?

You have a silly understanding of genetics so you prolly need to learn that first before you start hypotheising about spooky creators.

Secondly the sim theory is problematic not just because it's unfalsifiable but if it were true then it's just another word for reality. 

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 7:15am

Why The Simulation Hypothesis Is Almost Certainly False
Magnus Vinding Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Are we all living in a computer simulation? This bizarre question seems to be growing ever more popular, and understandably so. For how can we exclude that we might? Indeed, given a few assumptions that most of us accept, does it not actually seem almost certain that we are?

The following is an excerpt from my latest book, The Meaning of Life: An Examination of Purpose, where I argue that it is far from certain that we are living in a simulation. On the contrary, it is almost certain that we are not.

Read the rather pointless rest here

http://magnusvinding.blogspot.com/2015/01/why-simulation-hypothesis-is-almost.ht...

There is even a VIDEO debunking the SIM "theory"

IP Logged

bellamor

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 9:22am

Maybe you just read and watch too much that leads you to create your own hypothesis. Your thoughts are a bit interesting, I have read some similar conspiracy theory on Reddit.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 10:37am

It is a bit like the conspiracy that the USA did not land on the moon.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #6 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 11:38am

I live in a sim.              Smiley

How do i know this ?

I have [in the waking state] been 'transported' out of this sim, and have been exposed to, and experienced, a completely different sim.

And no, i do not know or understand, what 'reality' is.

But i'm quite certain that 'this' [this physical realm/universe] which we are experiencing, is some sort of 'construct'.

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1306323641/13#13
Quote:

In the spirit realm, good, and evil cannot exist in close proximity to each other.

It is impossible.

BUT, in our world [within this 'reality'], both good and evil can exist [in close proximity to each other], and both can find 'expression' - IN OURSELVES, IN OUR CHOICES.

This 'reality' is a 'construct' [err, ...a 'creation' even], where that 'expression', of both good and evil, is possible,
in close proximity to each other.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1304541795/57#57

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1417446122/3#3
Quote:

The 'old' part of the Bible, has the exact same message for men, that Jesus also brought to mankind;

That men ought to be smart enough,         to recognise who they are, and, what the world is,
...and to turn away from this world, and turn towards their God.

This world, is a place where we are constantly challenged [and seduced] by our desires.

A place where we all, constantly make mistakes [poor choices].

Don't be deceived by this world [i.e. don't deceive yourself],    ....the choices we make, will all have consequences.

p.s.
I do NOT use 'recreational', or psychotropic drugs.

Smiley

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 1:07pm

Musky says we all live in a simulation so it MUST be right.

Read all about it:-  https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/what-simulation-hypothesis-why-some-think-l...

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 1:27pm

Now be totally convinced.

11 Implications of the Simulation Hypothesis
By Jeffrey Baumgartner

Have you heard about Simulation Hypothesis?

It is a hypothesis that states that it is highly likely that we are living in a highly sophisticated computer simulation created by more advanced beings, most likely our future (from our perspective) selves.

It is as if we were inside a computer game that is so realistic, it is indistinguishable from reality.

If the hypothesis is true, it has some mind-blowing implications which are both fun to ponder and provide the brain with a healthy dose of creative exercise. We'll get to those in a moment. Fist, a little background.

Read all about it here:-  https://www.creativejeffrey.com/creative/implications_of_simulation_hypothesis.p...

Creepy huh ?

IP Logged

Българин

mağur.

Varna, Bulgaria
Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 7:38pm

Term Dog wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 5:54am:
Българин wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 1:13am:

Thoughts?

You have a silly understanding of genetics so you prolly need to learn that first before you start hypotheising about spooky creators.

Secondly the sim theory is problematic not just because it's unfalsifiable but if it were true then it's just another word for reality. 

Aren't video games a reality for most gamers? True gamers I'm referring to.

IP Logged

Българин

mağur.

Varna, Bulgaria
Reply #10 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 7:41pm

juliar wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 1:27pm:
Now be totally convinced.

11 Implications of the Simulation Hypothesis
By Jeffrey Baumgartner

Have you heard about Simulation Hypothesis?

It is a hypothesis that states that it is highly likely that we are living in a highly sophisticated computer simulation created by more advanced beings, most likely our future (from our perspective) selves.

It is as if we were inside a computer game that is so realistic, it is indistinguishable from reality.

If the hypothesis is true, it has some mind-blowing implications which are both fun to ponder and provide the brain with a healthy dose of creative exercise. We'll get to those in a moment. Fist, a little background.

Read all about it here:-  https://www.creativejeffrey.com/creative/implications_of_simulation_hypothesis.p...

https://i.postimg.cc/XJtFL7Gv/xxxc.jpg
Creepy huh ?

That's quite interesting, thank you. I'm gonna quote from the link you posted:

The simulation hypothesis proposes creating simulations is so easy that there are probably many simulations running. Nevertheless, it is likely that every simulation has some kind of purpose. Our simulation could be some kind of study. Perhaps a what-if study. Perhaps in the real world, the Nazis won World War II and this simulation is to study how society might have developed had the Nazis lost.

Perhaps climate change got completely out of hand, the Earth has become largely unlivable and the creators of the simulation are living in miserable conditions, so they create simulations in order to be in a better place. If so, this would be another reason not to want to break out of the simulation. The real world may be far worse than the simulated one.

Perhaps aliens have landed on a burnt out Earth that was destroyed by nuclear war, the sun going nova or a collision with a massive asteroid. Using remains and DNA, the aliens have reconstructed humans in this simulation in order to understand us.

IP Logged

Българин

mağur.

Varna, Bulgaria
Reply #11 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 7:48pm

juliar wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 10:37am:
It is a bit like the conspiracy that the USA did not land on the moon.

More interesting is why did they NOT go back?

Helium-3 (He3) is gas that has the potential to be used as a fuel in future nuclear fusion power plants. There is very little Helium-3 available on the Earth.

Unlike Earth, which is protected by its magnetic field, the Moon has been bombarded with large quantities of Helium-3 by the solar wind. Helium-3 could provide safer nuclear energy in a fusion reactor, since it is not radioactive and would not produce dangerous waste products.

The Moon is full on Helium-3. An estimate is that 25 tons of Helium-3 could power the United States for an entire year. Helium-3 can provide industrial and household electricity for a whole year, not only household.

How about this for a conspiracy.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 7:55pm

IP Logged

Българин

mağur.

Varna, Bulgaria
Reply #13 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 8:19pm

Bobby. wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 7:55pm:

People also talk about p-B11 and how we can use it now but nobody does. Why?

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #14 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 9:06pm

What would it matter?

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print