Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Credible Aussies' Yowie Experiences (Read 5852 times)
PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Credible Aussies' Yowie Experiences
Reply #30 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 1:03pm

Somewhere (I'll dig it up) there's a video.  It's on the Yowie Hunters YouTube channel.  Only watched it once, so stand ready to be corrected when I post the video

but, far as I remember, it concerned a young guy who went jogging fairly regularly up at Mt Tamborine.  The video shows his usual route and I recognised it.  Nice stretch of road

The young guy lived at home on the mountain. His mother phoned Yowie Hunters.  Seems her son had returned from his run and said he'd been pounding along, late afternoon as usual, when he became aware of something pacing him.  It was off the road he was running on and I think he said it was on the other side of a row of tall conifers that line the road

He described the thing as big and matching his stride.  He'd never seen anything like it before.  He doesn't run that route now, apparently

If he'd reported seeing a kangaroo pacing him a few metres away, it would make the news due to its oddity rating.  Might be a header to the news-filler along the lines of 'Kanga preparing for marathon, choses itself a jogging buddy'.  People would remark, 'Oh, how cute'.  Maybe some expert would advise us that native animals are adopting human behaviours increasingly due to climate change or invasion of their native environment by over-development

but, if the jogger's story had featured some known creature, that story would be accepted

If Yowies exist in our 3 dimensional reality they might eventually be accepted by science and society

The problem with the Yowie lies in the fact it cannot be categorically established as an animal.  It is said to have several human-type characteristics.  As such, humans regard it as a threat to their supremacy over the natural/animal world.  It's regarded by many as a challenge, an affront.  So it's rejected out of hand by those who have a need (which they may not recognise as existing within themselves) to be top of the food chain

All of which is understandable.  We humans guard what we consider to be our province.  If enemy troops were spotted in the bush, or were to plunge down on to the road in front of us or jog alongside us, we'd feel threatened, particularly if those troops of unknown origin were reported as being of massive size and strength, etc

It's all about tipping-point.  One Yowie report every few months can be dismissed.  Ten a month would become a worry.  Hundred a month and we'd have armed troops out there

But back to the guy on Tamborine Mountain.  Young guy, fit, used to the terrain at that time of day, familiar with the fall of shadow, sounds alongside, etc.  Most who exercise on the same route regularly are reluctant to abandon their route.  For a start, they chose that route for a reason: comfortable distance to run, pleasant environment, easy access, etc.  Yet according to the mother, her son quit his regular route after seeing an unidentified creature. The incident rattled/scared him sufficiently to force him to change his routine/route. He didn't want to encounter that creature again

no one asked him or the mother, but I feel it's safe to say that was the only part of life to change.  He probably still eats the same foods as before, wears the same clothes, drives the same car, has the same friends, etc. 

So what's left to analyse?  If it was an inexpllicable 'psychotic break', it must have been of extremely brief duration

There's another possible explanation, insofar as he might have slipped into an altered state of consciousness as can occur when someone's faculties take over mundane processes.  It can happen to people who drive the same route to work, for example, at the same time of day.  They reach work or home and realise they don't remember too much of the drive

It's known that humans are tuned so that they see and hear less than one percent of the audio/visual spectrum. In other words, humans are designed to perceive less than one percent of all that exists around them

in certain cases however, and with certain people, a type of 'leakage' obviously occurs so that they see/hear/perceive more than the intended one percent.  Those people experience paranormal activity -- sometimes once only in the lifetime, but for some it's several incidents and for others, it's continuous

altered states of consciousness can disable the 'censor' which would usually restrict them to that one percent of all which exists around them.  Altered states of consciousness can be caused by illness, drugs (recreational and prescribed), shock and horror or something as non-frightening as scenery or elements of Nature (woods and forests, tranquil garden or lake for example) or routine -- and many other things, no doubt, sex being another

The Doors of Perception may have opened momentarily as the young guy jogged along at teh end of the day.  His critical faculties would have been untouched by a momentary altered mind state and it would have been those critical faculties (in this instance, fight or flight) which interrupted his mental reveries to warn him that he was not alone.  And would have warned him from which direction

his eyes swung immediately to the perceived source of threat. And saw what most likely did not intend to be seen -- a Yowie

Who knows why the Yowie was pacing him.  Maybe the Yowie had been pacing him each night for weeks, unseen, because the jogger had been 'normally aware' (meaning almost non-aware, because humans can only perceive 1% of all that exists)

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 1:16pm

Here's the Mt Tamborine video

VIDEO

and the link to all the Yowie Hunters youtube yowie videos.  They're usually around 5 to 10 minutes duration.  From all parts of the country, people of all ages

VIDEOS

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #32 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 2:07pm

PZ547 wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 1:16pm:
Here's the Mt Tamborine video

VIDEO

and the link to all the Yowie Hunters youtube yowie videos.  They're usually around 5 to 10 minutes duration.  From all parts of the country, people of all ages

VIDEOS

Bopy that evidence is so convincing. No actual video, no actual hair, or dung or decaying bodies.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #33 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 3:22pm

I dislike the It_is_the_Light style of Bull-crap that is pumped out around the world.

But I'm currently trying to find a small segment I saw in my 20's about how the Aboriginals talked of their Yowies and how they emphasised the fact that Yowies were NOT aboriginals.
It was done in Leyland Brothers type 70's film I think and the Aboriginals were like full-blooded and country styled and interviewed by a serious researcher who was neither pro or anti, but just collected the info.
From what I remember - the Yowies were an enigmatic and mysterious 'creature' (not person, but 'human' in appearance) that didn't talk or communicate and were often found in small 'packs' by the Aboriginals. Traditionally, the Aboriginals always left these Yowie creatures alone, because the Yowies preferred to be left alone and were shy to always move away from contact.
The one thing that gets me about the recent reported sightings of modern Yowie interpretations is the 'size'. Traditional Aboriginal 'dreaming' stories tell of Yowies being smaller, rather than the modern 'Big' (like big Neanderthal cliche ). "Little people of the forests" - which kinda makes me wonder coming from a Culture of Aboriginals who consider themselves as from Forests/Bush and yet they consider these human-formed 'creatures' as more so than themselves.  Huh
So  the size descriptions differ from pre-1788 Aboriginal versions to the modern white people reports.
So that makes me think the 'modern' versions of Yowies are just 'bush' versions of city hobos and bums out there being bush hermits, etc. It happens everywhere around the world and in some countries, people like this are considered 'holy'.

But anyway - lets get back to the smaller versions that appear through-out Aboriginal dreamings, but never in the desert regions. Always heavily bush/forest regions.

Like I said. the Aboriginals describe these creature-people as something 'non-aboriginal' which would not be the case if it was aboriginals just gone feral or something.
I'm also guessing that the 'non-aboriginal' description is also added in that these 'Yowies' were not often chanced upon.

Sadly. I think all possibility of any 'Hominids' around the world, be they 'Yowies' or whatever are now well and truly 'extinct'. We missed our chance. I think Modern versions are indeed just 'hobo' people opting out of society and going recluse and despondent with society.

But up until 60 years ago - everything previously was indeed a strong possibility that pockets of Hominids probably totaling just 50 in population scattered around Australia - were indeed in existence and have been for 'here' for well over 300,000 years or more.
With 80% of our Bush-Forestry gone, I doubt very much they exist today. The 'stress' on these Hominids trying to steer clear of 'modern' society would be too much.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2019 at 3:28pm by Jasin »  

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Boyscout

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 3:25pm

Jasin wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 3:22pm:
I dislike the It_is_the_Light style of Bull-crap that is pumped out around the world.

But I'm currently trying to find a small segment I saw in my 20's about how the Aboriginals talked of their Yowies and how they emphasised the fact that Yowies were NOT aboriginals.
It was done in Leyland Brothers type 70's film I think and the Aboriginals were like full-blooded and country styled and interviewed by a serious researcher who was neither pro or anti, but just collected the info.
From what I remember - the Yowies were an enigmatic and mysterious 'creature' (not person, but 'human' in appearance) that didn't talk or communicate and were often found in small 'packs' by the Aboriginals. Traditionally, the Aboriginals always left these Yowie creatures alone, because the Yowies preferred to be left alone and were shy to always move away from contact.
The one thing that gets me about the recent reported sightings of modern Yowie interpretations is the 'size'. Traditional Aboriginal 'dreaming' stories tell of Yowies being smaller, rather than the modern 'Big' (like big Neanderthal cliche ). "Little people of the forests" - which kinda makes me wonder coming from a Culture of Aboriginals who consider themselves as from Forests/Bush and yet they consider these human-formed 'creatures' as more so than themselves.  Huh
So  the size descriptions differ from pre-1788 Aboriginal versions to the modern white people reports.
So that makes me think the 'modern' versions of Yowies are just 'bush' versions of city hobos and bums out there being bush hermits, etc. It happens everywhere around the world and in some countries, people like this are considered 'holy'.

But anyway - lets get back to the smaller versions that appear through-out Aboriginal dreamings, but never in the desert regions. Always heavily bush/forest regions.

Like I said. the Aboriginals describe these creature-people as something 'non-aboriginal' which would not be the case if it was aboriginals just gone feral or something.
I'm also guessing that the 'non-aboriginal' description is also added in that these 'Yowies' were not often chanced upon.

Sadly. I think all possibility of any 'Hominids' around the world, be they 'Yowies' or whatever are now well and truly 'extinct'. We missed our chance. I think Modern versions are indeed just 'hobo' people opting out of society and going recluse and despondent with society.

Look at what's happened to me
I can't believe it myself
Suddenly I'm up on top of the world
It should have been somebody else
Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 3:30pm

Boyscout wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 3:25pm:
Jasin wrote on Jan 31st, 2019 at 3:22pm:

Look at what's happened to me
I can't believe it myself
Suddenly I'm up on top of the world
It should have been somebody else
Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me

Here's a good example of a Modern TROLL,
compared to what constituted a historically based Troll, which like Troglodytes, were actually 'people'.
This on the other hand is nothing more than a computer virus.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #36 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 10:29am

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #37 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 10:37am

Jasin wrote on Jan 30th, 2019 at 10:40pm:
Oh wow - just 30 years of this stuff and the Barnacle expects an entire portfolio of evidence.  Roll Eyes

After 30 years of dash cams and mobile phones you would imagine there would be some clear, unambiguous pictutes and/or footage of Yowis if they existed.

I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the remaining Hominids in the last Century or two have been totally wiped out do to their environment being destroyed. Australia has been deforested by 80%. It's amazing that they found the Wollemi Pines as it is and they have been around long before even the first Dinosaurs evolved. Other species have survived for such eons. Even the 'Apes' have still stuck around.
I'm sorry Barnacle, but besides a lack of 'Westernised' evidence, the coincidence of too much 'previous' evidence via folklore, storytelling (Dreamtime) and such. Kinda makes me think...

you're an idiot!  Grin

Maybe the last Hominid on the planet died a lonely death last year. But because it wasn't captured on CCTV or a Dashcam, you couldn't even admit a possibility.
You're playing it too safe for your own case.  Roll Eyes
You need to 'branch out' like a new species Barnacle.
Go ask a Gorilla how it managed to survive for so long and if it wasn't for concerted efforts - they too would be gone around 'just' 50 years ago.

You seem to be forgetting that dead animals/hominids leave behind their bones.
Folklore and story telling is notoriously unreliable

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #38 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 10:45am

The_Barnacle wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 10:29am:

Grin
And the reason being is that you can't win, unless you cheat!
Big Foot was one of the best Hoaxes of all time.
...but so was all those photo's of the Great Depression: all 'staged', all 'actors'.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #39 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 10:48am

The_Barnacle wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 10:37am:
Oh wow - just 30 years of this stuff and the Barnacle expects an entire portfolio of evidence.  Roll Eyes

After 30 years of dash cams and mobile phones you would imagine there would be some clear, unambiguous pictutes and/or footage of Yowis if they existed.

I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the remaining Hominids in the last Century or two have been totally wiped out do to their environment being destroyed. Australia has been deforested by 80%. It's amazing that they found the Wollemi Pines as it is and they have been around long before even the first Dinosaurs evolved. Other species have survived for such eons. Even the 'Apes' have still stuck around.
I'm sorry Barnacle, but besides a lack of 'Westernised' evidence, the coincidence of too much 'previous' evidence via folklore, storytelling (Dreamtime) and such. Kinda makes me think...

you're an idiot!  Grin

Maybe the last Hominid on the planet died a lonely death last year. But because it wasn't captured on CCTV or a Dashcam, you couldn't even admit a possibility.
You're playing it too safe for your own case.  Roll Eyes
You need to 'branch out' like a new species Barnacle.
Go ask a Gorilla how it managed to survive for so long and if it wasn't for concerted efforts - they too would be gone around 'just' 50 years ago.

You seem to be forgetting that dead animals/hominids leave behind their bones.
Folklore and story telling is notoriously unreliable

Like I said. The 'real' Yowies (Hominids) are now dead due to 80% deforestation (fenced areas) and more. The last one probably died in some hidden cave just before the invention of the Leyland Brothers series. Their 'bones' scattered by now 'Feral' animals.
What now constitutes Yowie sightings are 'Hobos and Bums' living in the bush.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #40 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 11:04am

Jasin wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 10:48am:
Like I said. The 'real' Yowies (Hominids) are now dead due to 80% deforestation (fenced areas) and more. The last one probably died in some hidden cave just before the invention of the Leyland Brothers series. Their 'bones' scattered by now 'Feral' animals.

So why haven't these "hominids" left behind any bones? To claim that they have been scattered by wild animals is nonsense. If they existed they would have left evidence.

It's also interesting that you want to believe your story so you can criticize one of your minority groups of choice by saying they aren't the "first people"
In logical fallacies that's called "motivated reasoning"
Your poor logic is motivated by your desire to stick it up the aboriginals 

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #41 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 11:23am

The_Barnacle wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 11:04am:
Jasin wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 10:48am:

So why haven't these "hominids" left behind any bones? To claim that they have been scattered by wild animals is nonsense. If they existed they would have left evidence.

It's also interesting that you want to believe your story so you can criticize one of your minority groups of choice by saying they aren't the "first people"
In logical fallacies that's called "motivated reasoning"
Your poor logic is motivated by your desire to stick it up the aboriginals 

I understand what you're saying.
But I'm saying - the 'evidence' is out there, its just people like you who rely on Dash Cams, that haven't found it yet.

Now I know how Columbus felt  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Feb 4th, 2019 at 7:10pm

Been watching Yowie Hunters youtube videos

Came across this one

LINK

He was walking along a bush track.  Wasn't too far in.  Began hearing voices to the side. To him, they sounded similar to Aborigines -- children, he thought.  Then to the other side again -- sounded like Aboriginal voices but more like teenagers.  He said the voices seemed to speak over each other

then when he reached a clearer spot in the vegetation, he saw a Yowie

In the US and maybe here too, I don't know, people have connected Bigfoot with Unidentified Flying Objects

first time I've heard a connection between Yowies and bodiless Aboriginal voices

Another interesting one:

LINK

Woman was camping with her two children.  After midnight, something landed on the top of their tent.  When she looked out, half a dozen or so Yowies, big and small, were 'playing' by hitting each other with solid pieces of wood and smashing rocks.  She said it went on for up to 20 minutes

And another:
LINK

Men driving through snow saw unidentifiable creature walking along the road.  Two legged. But with antlers on its head.  Later judged to be a Yowie with a deer-skin over its head and shoulders, using it as a hoodie
In Comments below the video, someone said there had been a few sightings of Bigfoots in the US doing something similar

And here are the Yowie Hunters Youtube videos

LINK

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #43 - Feb 4th, 2019 at 7:20pm

I can tell you straight PZ - the Big Foot/Sasquatch movement is based entirely upon Hoaxters. Even the guy who 'wore the suit' produced it and admitted to it, even the shakey camera work. All done to attract tourists, etc.
Saw a good Doco on Hoaxes, where they explained and proved everything. Even the Great Depression photos and various photo tricks, etc. I think it was a series to be honest. It was very well done.

I don't think there were Hominids in the Americas - the window of opportunity to cross into Alaska was slim and short compared to the Austral-asian land bridges which were also very shallow and provided 'two' access points each Ice Age.
Probably explains why only one group of people got into the Americas by chance, from Siberia - as the gene pool DNA make-up was the most smallest of any group on the planet to provide for the entire population of the Americas.

I will put money on a Hominid skeleton being found in Australia, be it next year or in 20 years.
Bantu Africans referred to our region of Sahul as 'Ophir'.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #44 - Feb 4th, 2019 at 7:26pm

I'm going to Leichhardt tomorrow, aka Yowie Town.

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print