Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20
Send Topic Print
So Now Mark Knight is Racist?... ffs.. (Read 10325 times)
Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: So Now Mark Knight is Racist?... ffs..
Reply #75 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 12:14pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 12:12pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 11:16am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 8:58am:
Yeah - there is zero entitlement to view a hysterical beast as a hysterical beast.....  (yardle)...

You have all the entitlement in the world grappler - I believe you are even doing it now - correct?

But I think what I can say - if I follow your logic - is that there is zero entitlement to view an offensive racial caricature as an offensive racial caricature - is that correct?

Bet you never batted an eyelid at any of Trump's offensive cartoons?

Trump isn't a race?  Roll Eyes

But yeah, I get your point, luvvie outrage isnt principled it's flexible.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #76 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 12:35pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 8:33am:
freediver wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 6:35pm:
Exaggerating the physical differences between two people is not racist.

Actually it can be - if the contrast serves to depict one as a hysterical beast, and one as a delightful little flower. And I'm not saying the depicted contrast in behaviours didn't reflect the reality of the situation (Williams was clearly being a brat, while Osaka was the complete opposite) - but it is offenive, and yes racist to so blatantly depict this contrast through the use of racial caricatures. The contrasting hair best illustrates this - both have hair as frizzy as each other (check the photos again if you don't believe me), yet Osaka is clearly depicted with long straight hair - you know, like a typical white blond girl.

Anything "can" be racist Gandalf, but in this case you are reading something into it which is not actually there. Yours is just a more convoluted, but no less vacuous version of "he drew a black person with black skin, so if it looks vaguely similar to something else we consider racist, it must be racist".

Any caricature would be racist using your argument. The difference is not the use of "racial caricatures", but the extent of the victimhood mongering on behalf of certain races. It is actually you being racist, because you would only pull this empty headed nonsense on behalf of people of a certain race. You would not for example do the same on behalf of Donald Trump, even though the characteristics that are exaggerated in cartoons of him are just as racial.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 1:09pm

This whole affair reminds me of the South Park episode "Chef Goes Nanners", in which Chef wants the South Park town flag changed because he perceived it to be racist:

Quote:
Kyle:
Our main point is that the flag shouldn't offend anyone, because killing has been around since the beginning of time. All animals kill. [an astonished Stan looks as Cartman puts his right hand on the back of Wendy's chair and points at her with his left, winks, then does a victory hand dance. A smiling Wendy remains oblivious to this showing off] And the animals that don't kill are stupid ones, like cows and turtles and stuff. So people should not be so upset about killing. [returns to his seat amid a smattering of applause]
Chef:
[stands up] Whoa whoa whooaa! You just missed the point entirely!
Kyle:
Huh?
Chef:
I'm not mad because the flag shows somebody gettin' killed, It's because it's racist!
Kyle's Team:
[minus Stan who's mouth is still hanging open as he stares at Wendy] Racist??
Chef:
Children, don't you even know what this argument is about?! That flag is racist because a black man is being hung by white people.
Kyle's Team:
[minus Stan still shocked] Ooooooohhh.
Chef:
Ooooooohhh?!
Kyle:
W-we really didn't see it that way.
Chef:
But that's a black man up there!
Kyle:
Y-yeah, but… the color of someone's skin doesn't matter.
Chef:
Well of course it matters when- [catches himself] …Oh my God. Wait a minute. You children didn't even see the flag as a black man being hanged by white people, did you?
Kyle's Team:
[except stunned Stan] No.
Chef:
[deducing, marveling] Why, that is- that is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard.
Mayor:
What?
Mr. Wyland:
What?
Chef:
Don't you see? All this time I thought these little crackers had turned racist, when actually they were so not racist that they didn't even make a separation of black and white to begin with. All they saw when they looked at that flag was five people.

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #78 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:08pm

Here ya go Gandalf.

That 'blonde' hair is not frizzie (it is ropey as drawn) like Serenas.  Also note the vast difference in skin tone.

Also note the vast difference in overall size.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:26pm

Serena's got one hell of a tan line on her neck.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:27pm

freediver wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 12:35pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 8:33am:
freediver wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 6:35pm:
Exaggerating the physical differences between two people is not racist.

Actually it can be - if the contrast serves to depict one as a hysterical beast, and one as a delightful little flower. And I'm not saying the depicted contrast in behaviours didn't reflect the reality of the situation (Williams was clearly being a brat, while Osaka was the complete opposite) - but it is offenive, and yes racist to so blatantly depict this contrast through the use of racial caricatures. The contrasting hair best illustrates this - both have hair as frizzy as each other (check the photos again if you don't believe me), yet Osaka is clearly depicted with long straight hair - you know, like a typical white blond girl.

Anything "can" be racist Gandalf, but in this case you are reading something into it which is not actually there. Yours is just a more convoluted, but no less vacuous version of "he drew a black person with black skin, so if it looks vaguely similar to something else we consider racist, it must be racist".

Any caricature would be racist using your argument. The difference is not the use of "racial caricatures", but the extent of the victimhood mongering on behalf of certain races. It is actually you being racist, because you would only pull this empty headed nonsense on behalf of people of a certain race. You would not for example do the same on behalf of Donald Trump, even though the characteristics that are exaggerated in cartoons of him are just as racial.

Exactly.
And that is why a new stance must be taken against these dolts because we will lose our own free thinking soon.
Donald trump resembled a pig in one drawing....yet nothing was ever said of it....and IF a white person had of stood up and said it was racist then they would have been shot down. Yet here we are totally opposite due to it being a black person.

It's as though there is some sort of immunity for blacks now and they can just call or behave or do whatever the hell they like..........because years ago they weren't treated well.

How come asians don't carry on like this? Because they have some brains about them and are not out seeking attention.....cause that's all this is.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2018 at 5:10pm by Captain Caveman »  

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #81 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:35pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 12:12pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 11:16am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 8:58am:
Yeah - there is zero entitlement to view a hysterical beast as a hysterical beast.....  (yardle)...

You have all the entitlement in the world grappler - I believe you are even doing it now - correct?

But I think what I can say - if I follow your logic - is that there is zero entitlement to view an offensive racial caricature as an offensive racial caricature - is that correct?

Bet you never batted an eyelid at any of Trump's offensive cartoons?

Correctemondo

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:39pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:08pm:
Here ya go Gandalf.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/10219306-3x2-700x467.jpg

That 'blonde' hair is not frizzie (it is ropey as drawn) like Serenas.  Also note the vast difference in skin tone.

It's not a "vast" difference at all..... a shade or two if that.

What I notice is Osaka hanging her head & pulling down her visor .....

I bet that being because she was so visibly upset at the turn Serena put on thus taking all the limelight off her convincing win.

Bighearted Serena giving her a hug Roll Eyes what a prima-donna.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #83 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:41pm

And it looks like I have to repeat myself for the benefit of people who refuse to read what I actually say:

I have no problem with being inconsistent with Trump.

And no, the features of his that are mocked by cartoonists are not racial - unless there is some ridiculous yellow toupee, orange face, flabby skinned race that I'm not aware of.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:43pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:39pm:
Here ya go Gandalf.

I bet that being because she was so visibly upset at the turn Serena put on thus taking all the limelight off her convincing win.

Apparently segments of the crowd turned on Osaka and jeered her which I cannot understand.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #85 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:45pm

Here ya go Gandalf.

Look at the hands.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:55pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:41pm:
And it looks like I have to repeat myself for the benefit of people who refuse to read what I actually say:

I have no problem with being inconsistent with Trump.

And no, the features of his that are mocked by cartoonists are not racial - unless there is some ridiculous yellow toupee, orange face, flabby skinned race that I'm not aware of.

Bullshyte .... so you're a racist then ey?

Here's another half a dozen caricatures of Serena by different cartoonists over her career ....

they must all be racists too? Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:59pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:45pm:
Here ya go Gandalf.

Look at the hands.

Differing light & reflection

Dark

Naomi_Osaka.jpg (13 KB | 7 )
Naomi_Osaka.jpg

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 3:01pm

Lighter

naomi-osaka2_1.jpg (42 KB | 5 )
naomi-osaka2_1.jpg

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #89 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 3:01pm

Quote:
Differing light & reflection

I could make the same suggestion concerning your first photo.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20
Send Topic Print