Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print
The biggest threat to Freedom and democracy (Read 20191 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The biggest threat to Freedom and democracy
Aug 9th, 2018 at 8:18pm

FD blames Islam.

You?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: The biggest threat to Freedom and democracy
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:14pm

@ the OP.....

Ah,      but who would you blame Karnal ?

QUESTION;
Hey Karnal,       is this [below] a list of nations who are all renowned stalwarts, of the principles of freedom and democracy,
[within their own borders, that is] ?

Dictionary;
stalwart = = loyal, reliable, and hard-working.   sturdy.

Hey Karnal,       why do you suppose, that most of these nations on the list, would be moslem majority nations ?

Don't moslems, promote and support peace, and freedom and democracy, as a matter of course ?

Yes, i know,       it is a silly question!

-------- >

Quote:

A list of Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Nations, 2015

The World's Most Corrupt Nations, 2015

According to the annual survey by the Berlin-based organization Transparency International, Somalia, North Korea, and Afghanistan are perceived to be the most corrupt, Denmark, Finland, and Sweden are perceived to be the world's least corrupt countries. For a list of the least corrupt nations, see World's Least Corrupt Countries. The index defines corruption as the abuse of public office for private gain and measures the degree to which corruption is perceived to exist among a country's public officials and politicians. It is a composite index, drawing on 13 different expert and business surveys. The scores range from 100 (squeaky clean) to zero (highly corrupt). A score of 50 is the number Transparency International considers the borderline figure distinguishing countries that do and do not have a serious corruption problem. In the 2015 survey, two-thirds of countries scored below 50.

The higher the CPI Score, the less corrupt

rank      Country      CPI Score
1.      Somalia      8
1.      North Korea      8
3.      Afghanistan      11
4.      Sudan      12
5.      South Sudan      15
5.      Angola      15
7.      Libya      16
7.      Iraq      16
9.      Venezuela      17
9.      Guinea-Bissau      17
9.      Haiti      17
12.      Yemen      18
12.      Turkmenistan      18
12.      Syria      18
12.      Eritrea      18
16.      Uzbekistan      19
17.      Zimbabwe      21
17.      Cambodia      21
17.      Burundi      21
20.      Myanmar      22
20.      Democratic Republic of the Congo      22
20.      Chad      22

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1492984837/0#0

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:24pm

Yadda wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:14pm:

Hey Karnal,       why do you suppose, that most of these nations on the list, would be moslem majority nations ?

Don't moslems, promote and support peace, and freedom and democracy, as a matter of course ?

Yes, i know,       it is a silly question!

-------- >

IMAGE....

SEZ IT ALL, REALLY.

Eh ?

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!!!

IMAGE....

AND, THERE'S MORE!!!!!

IMAGE.....

It is sad, i didn't find the image i was searching for.

But it is there, in my archive.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:33pm

ONE MORE....

IMAGE....

But not the image i have in mind.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:37pm

Where's      Unforgettable ???

Shouldn't he make an appearance soon,       to rebuke me,       .....for telling lies about the followers of ISLAM ?

Wink          Smiley

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:40pm

Alright, not you.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:43pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 8:18pm:
FD blames Islam.

You?

Freediver and Yadda are paid shills. The Ozpolitic surreptitious bigot does it for sport.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 12:32pm

Thanks for bringing this up Karnal. People have been complaining here for years now about me saying that Islam is the greatest modern threat to freedom and democracy. So far, none of them have been willing to nominate any other threat they think is greater.

Gandalf recently tried to shift the goalposts from Islam being the greatest modern threat to freedom and democracy to Muslim women in letterbox outfits being more intimidating than someone in KKK fancy dress. Apparently it is easy to confuse the two statements. He had a more serious stab out it some time ago, but could not come up with anything less nebulous than "governments" and "people who oppose freedom and democracy", which apparently includes Muslims or apologists acting to defend Islam from criticism by discarding freedom of speech.

Which makes it pretty easy money for a paid schill.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #8 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:36pm

FD is actually a good example of the typical sort of modern threat to freedom and democracy. Firstly by his own standards he is complicit in attacks on free speech - when he stated some time ago that those who don't stand up against attacks on freedom, are complicit in it. Thus when FD, day after day, ignores and furthermore spinelessly apologises for those here who constantly attack people's freedoms (ban the burqa, ban halal etc etc) - he is also attacking freedom according to his own definition.

I'm not sure I would go so far as to say people who don't stand up against attacks on freedom are complicit in those attacks - yet still there is something deeply sinister about FD's modus operandi here. For me, one of the big alarm bells was when he candidly declared that he might support those who attack muslim's freedoms - if the extremists and terrorists cannot be reigned in. This was particularly galling as I immediately recalled FD's noble words where he said that defending freedom is most important when confronted by speech that is most disagreeable to you. Thus clearly FD has little compunction in dishing his most sacred beliefs at any opportune moment.

Like most self-styled free speech warriors, FD only ever speaks out about perceived attacks on privileged white people - usually racists. Free speech is merely a cynical tool to push a right wing agenda, by attacking minorities, attacking progressives who defend minorities, and to try and highlight how oppressed rich white people are. Here, FD's musings about freedom are only ever placed within an anti-Islam, or anti-minority (aborigines are another favoured target) context, in which the "victims" are white privileged people - who are frequently also racists and bigots. A cynic would say that the real agenda wasn't freedom at all - but attacking minorities.

Yet, as with most bigotry, FD's ruse has been slowly unraveling, and his racist agenda has become exposed. The use of blatant lies - typically an essential tool for racist agendas ("muslims [en masse] say/do this terribly sinister thing" - when it is based solely on what he heard a single muslim say), as well as increasingly shrill resort to outrageous blanket slurs (workforce participation statistics "prove muslims are lazy"), his 'moral equivalence' arguments to equate muslims to nazis, not to mention his deeply disturbing misogynism (belittling women in burqas as being in a "letterbox outfit", and most shockingly, wishing rape on certain women)  - expose a hateful and bigoted agenda.

Such hateful hypcoricy - which sadly is not uncommon in these times - is one of, if not the greatest threats to our freedom and democracy. Its these people who will facilitate the normalising of minority persecution, coupled with the inevitable removal of their freedom - and the worst thing, they will justify it in the name of "freedom" itself. In fact, we already see this very behavior on a daily basis: ban women from dressing in a non-skimpy swimsuit on the beaches of France? - say nothing but ridicule the affected women and attack the 'apologists' who are up in arms about it; calls to ban the hijab on the basis that its not mere clothing, but an actual piece of "enemy uniform"? Say nothing except praise the person who said it as 'not pretending to be something he's not' - even when that same person claims to be standing up for "western values".

So this is likely how our freedom and democracy will be lost: the anti-freedom bigots will finally have their way - due largely because of the enabling of the freedom warrior hypocrites - like FD. Unfortunately for FD, as Niemoller would predict, after the minorities and the do-gooders, the freedom haters will next turn to him - and guess what? There won't be any spineless apologists left to defend him.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #9 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 6:13pm

The biggest threat is the complacency of the citizens, but it all depends on the nation is question.

In theory, Afghanistan and Iraq are democracies, and while fanatical Islam is no friend of democracy unless it has the numbers, the real threat to those nascent democracies is the ready availability of weaponry and explosives, coupled to the  disregard for human life among Muzlims.

There are several threats to Western democracy. Some Trump policies are high on the list, but wholesale poverty class immigration is going to erode stability. Also, there is a significant skepticism about democracy, citing everything from secret government agendas, to run-away welfare costs.

Islam is a threat, for the simple reason that Muzlims do not believe in democracy, except as a tool to get into power, after which there is no chance of an opposition winning an election due to religious thuggery.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 6:16pm

Can you cite a greater modern threat to freedom and democracy than Islam Gandalf?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:32pm

freediver wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 12:32pm:
Thanks for bringing this up Karnal. People have been complaining here for years now about me saying that Islam is the greatest modern threat to freedom and democracy. So far, none of them have been willing to nominate any other threat they think is greater.

Gandalf recently tried to shift the goalposts from Islam being the greatest modern threat to freedom and democracy to Muslim women in letterbox outfits being more intimidating than someone in KKK fancy dress. Apparently it is easy to confuse the two statements. He had a more serious stab out it some time ago, but could not come up with anything less nebulous than "governments" and "people who oppose freedom and democracy", which apparently includes Muslims or apologists acting to defend Islam from criticism by discarding freedom of speech.

Which makes it pretty easy money for a paid schill.

Ask me, FD.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:41pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:36pm:
FD is actually a good example of the typical sort of modern threat to freedom and democracy. Firstly by his own standards he is complicit in attacks on free speech - when he stated some time ago that those who don't stand up against attacks on freedom, are complicit in it. Thus when FD, day after day, ignores and furthermore spinelessly apologises for those here who constantly attack people's freedoms (ban the burqa, ban halal etc etc) - he is also attacking freedom according to his own definition.

I'm not sure I would go so far as to say people who don't stand up against attacks on freedom are complicit in those attacks - yet still there is something deeply sinister about FD's modus operandi here. For me, one of the big alarm bells was when he candidly declared that he might support those who attack muslim's freedoms - if the extremists and terrorists cannot be reigned in. This was particularly galling as I immediately recalled FD's noble words where he said that defending freedom is most important when confronted by speech that is most disagreeable to you. Thus clearly FD has little compunction in dishing his most sacred beliefs at any opportune moment.

Like most self-styled free speech warriors, FD only ever speaks out about perceived attacks on privileged white people - usually racists. Free speech is merely a cynical tool to push a right wing agenda, by attacking minorities, attacking progressives who defend minorities, and to try and highlight how oppressed rich white people are. Here, FD's musings about freedom are only ever placed within an anti-Islam, or anti-minority (aborigines are another favoured target) context, in which the "victims" are white privileged people - who are frequently also racists and bigots. A cynic would say that the real agenda wasn't freedom at all - but attacking minorities.

Yet, as with most bigotry, FD's ruse has been slowly unraveling, and his racist agenda has become exposed. The use of blatant lies - typically an essential tool for racist agendas ("muslims [en masse] say/do this terribly sinister thing" - when it is based solely on what he heard a single muslim say), as well as increasingly shrill resort to outrageous blanket slurs (workforce participation statistics "prove muslims are lazy"), his 'moral equivalence' arguments to equate muslims to nazis, not to mention his deeply disturbing misogynism (belittling women in burqas as being in a "letterbox outfit", and most shockingly, wishing rape on certain women)  - expose a hateful and bigoted agenda.

Such hateful hypcoricy - which sadly is not uncommon in these times - is one of, if not the greatest threats to our freedom and democracy. Its these people who will facilitate the normalising of minority persecution, coupled with the inevitable removal of their freedom - and the worst thing, they will justify it in the name of "freedom" itself. In fact, we already see this very behavior on a daily basis: ban women from dressing in a non-skimpy swimsuit on the beaches of France? - say nothing but ridicule the affected women and attack the 'apologists' who are up in arms about it; calls to ban the hijab on the basis that its not mere clothing, but an actual piece of "enemy uniform"? Say nothing except praise the person who said it as 'not pretending to be something he's not' - even when that same person claims to be standing up for "western values".

So this is likely how our freedom and democracy will be lost: the anti-freedom bigots will finally have their way - due largely because of the enabling of the freedom warrior hypocrites - like FD. Unfortunately for FD, as Niemoller would predict, after the minorities and the do-gooders, the freedom haters will next turn to him - and guess what? There won't be any spineless apologists left to defend him.

I don't know, G. I think as long as FD stays on target with the Muslims and Boongs and their apologists, he should be okay. He can just keep switching onto the next enemy, and the next. There's plenty of tinted races to go around, you know.

Maybe one day, FD will get to fulfil his dream and rape them
With a cactus.

You gotta have a dream, no? Freeeedom.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 12:32am

Core of Islamic Law or Shariah
The core of Islamic Law is preservation of:
1)    Religion
2)    Life
3)    Family
4)    Mind
5)    Wealth
6)    Some contemporary scholars suggest either justice or liberty to be the sixth category

Gandalf refuses to answer what he thinks this Sixth core point should be. I've asked him a few times over the months - no answer. It must be a really hard one for him or he can't speak independently about it

"justice" of course is Sharia

"liberty" as we know is freedom

Muslims in Australia can't make up their minds it would seem, probably waiting for orders from Saudi Arabia

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 9:56am

Well, there are no free and democratic Muslim countries.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print