Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
men traumatised by birth (Read 8310 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: men traumatised by birth
Reply #75 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 10:42pm

Agnes wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 9:55pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 9:39pm:
Agnes wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 9:21pm:
Agnes wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 1:38pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 12:35pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 12:11am:
freediver wrote on Aug 5th, 2018 at 8:45am:
I passed kidney stones once. That was fairly traumatic. But not enough to stop me drinking coffee. Giving birth is easy in comparison, especially for men.

Apparently....renal colic IS as painful as childbirth.  Cry

I'd say it's worse. Especially for men. I was dry reaching from the pain.

yes FD but how would you know- ? what do you have to compare it to?

FD?

Oh duh! Obviously FD must have had a baby ie he himself has experienced labor  Roll Eyes

Are you dumb or something Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I think he must have to make a ridiculous comment like that-? and as usual he just doesn't answer- that's how he weazles out of it !   I've never had a gallstone and I have heard they are painful but still when I see men try to trivialise childbirth/aka women it makes me angry because it happens constantly here- and congrats to those here who gave women their due and didnt take this stance- they are real men  (( Ajax/Valkie)- especially when you consider these same men lay down and die with  with a mere cold  (( man flue lol)) Tongue  a real man isn't threatened by women- yes we are smacking fantastic- we create life- we have magic on our side- some men will never get it and they are all the poorer for it-

I've never had any flu, man or otherwise.

If you want trivialisation, Meh, child birth, it happens all the time and always has. It's as natural as... having kids...

UNICEF estimates that an average of 353,000 babies are born each day around the world

Tell me it's not so! OMG, nature taking it's course!

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #76 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 10:46pm

freediver wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 10:12pm:
I hope you're not trying to trivialise kidney stones.

And I was not trivialising childbirth. It is very traumatic for some men, apparently.

I honestly can’t bring myself to trivialise either situation.

Re kidney stones.....my husband (who has a high pain threshold) seriously suffered with excruciating pain!

Re childbirth. I just couldn’t face it. Ever!

Why with my 1st ever pregnancy/delivery I thought I was in Hell with women screaming in utter agony as if they were being murdered all around me (and they were located in other rooms).

I just calmly and quietly and I think .... quite logically made the wise decision to let everyone around me know I wasn’t going to join them.

An emergency Caesarean followed and I have to say I was thankful for the general anaesthetic that appeared out of nowhere.

After I was presented with my babies....I discovered well I was informed really....that the large circumference of their heads would never have allowed for a natural delivery.

Looking back now ... I think I must have known instinctively that my babies were going to go through too much trauma ( their heads would not engage so as to get ready for delivery ) so I decided to help them get here safely by allowing myself to be cut up.

It was an easy and safe way out for them.

And as I knew I wouldn’t be able to take the stress of it all....I bypassed the pain relief etc and went straight for a general anaesthetic.

I still think it was the right decision.

I never screamed like I was being stabbed to death like those other women in nearby delivery suites.

And my babies arrived swiftly and without any problem.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #77 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 10:50pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 10:46pm:

And I was not trivialising childbirth. It is very traumatic for some men, apparently.

I honestly can’t bring myself trivialise either.

Re kidney stones.....my husband (who has a high pain threshold) seriously suffered with excruciating pain!

Why with my 1st ever pregnancy/delivery I thought I was in Hell with women screaming in utter agony as if they were being murdered all around me (and they were located in other rooms).

I just calmly and quietly and I think .... quite logically made the wise decision to let everyone around me know I wasn’t going to join them.

An emergency Caesarean followed and I have to say I was thankful for the general anaesthetic that appeared out of nowhere.

After I was presented with my babies....I discovered well I was informed really....that the large circumference of their heads would never have allowed for a natural delivery.

Looking back now ... I think I must have known instinctively that my babies were going to go through too much trauma ( their heads would not engage so as to get ready for delivery ) so I decided to help them get here safely by allowing myself to be cut up.

And as I knew I wouldn’t be able to take the stress of it all....I bypassed the pain relief etc and went straight for a General Anaesthetic.

I still think it was the right decision

I never screamed like I was being stabbed to death like those other women in nearby delivery suites.

My wife never cried out or screamed in any of her three deliveries.. Some girls are bigger girls than others I guess.

edit: My wife and I were there for the birth of a friends daughters kid, I was sent out of the room for the final part but Wife stayed. She never screamed or yelled either. Her eyes rolled back in her head and she just went with it.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #78 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 10:52pm

And as I knew I wouldn’t be able to take the stress of it all....I bypassed the pain relief etc and went straight for a general anaesthetic.

PS I apologise if my personal experience/anecdote has traumatised anyone here   Grin

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #79 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 10:54pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 10:52pm:

PS I apologise if my personal experience/anecdote has traumatised anyone here   Grin

I'm triggered!

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #80 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 11:03pm

Setanta wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 10:54pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 10:52pm:

I'm triggered!

I’m troubled  Grin

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #81 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 11:20pm

Mine were c sections - spinal blocks ( put a needle in your spine and adminster a pain block- numbs your whole lower body)- which meant i was awake- they dont really do generals anymore as far as I know- but they might? I was awake for both of my surgeries and the doctors working just on the other side of a partition which was a bit disconcerting listening to them talk about the business at hand- they were each ( my babies) unceremoniously dumped in my arms that was strapped down as they tried to partake of dinner fractiously screaming their lungs out- hell they had arrived alright- anyway trying to breast feed in that position is no fun I can tell you- i was measured long before my babies were ready to come- I dont have childbearing hips-  so I was certain a c section was happening-  I dont know why I wanted to do a trial labor- there was no point but just to experience natural I think- I felt cheated because I couldn't maybe-my babies were perfect because they weren't all scrunched up and ugly - I had the most beautiful babies but they are always beautiful in the eyes of their mother   ( or dad)  a mother can love- my mother had a small birth canal and had to labor her 5 kids all the same way/it was dangerous- thank heavens childbirth is whole lot safer now- no matter how they got here be thankful they came safely and happy-  Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2018 at 12:41pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #82 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 11:27pm

Setanta wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 10:42pm:
Agnes wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 9:55pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 9:39pm:
Agnes wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 9:21pm:
Agnes wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 1:38pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 12:35pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 12:11am:
freediver wrote on Aug 5th, 2018 at 8:45am:
I passed kidney stones once. That was fairly traumatic. But not enough to stop me drinking coffee. Giving birth is easy in comparison, especially for men.

Apparently....renal colic IS as painful as childbirth.  Cry

I'd say it's worse. Especially for men. I was dry reaching from the pain.

yes FD but how would you know- ? what do you have to compare it to?

FD?

Oh duh! Obviously FD must have had a baby ie he himself has experienced labor  Roll Eyes

Are you dumb or something Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I think he must have to make a ridiculous comment like that-? and as usual he just doesn't answer- that's how he weazles out of it !   I've never had a gallstone and I have heard they are painful but still when I see men try to trivialise childbirth/aka women it makes me angry because it happens constantly here- and congrats to those here who gave women their due and didnt take this stance- they are real men  (( Ajax/Valkie)- especially when you consider these same men lay down and die with  with a mere cold  (( man flue lol)) Tongue  a real man isn't threatened by women- yes we are smacking fantastic- we create life- we have magic on our side- some men will never get it and they are all the poorer for it-

I've never had any flu, man or otherwise.

If you want trivialisation, Meh, child birth, it happens all the time and always has. It's as natural as... having kids...

UNICEF estimates that an average of 353,000 babies are born each day around the world

Tell me it's not so! OMG, nature taking it's course!

and that makes it any less amazing in what way ?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #83 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 11:29pm

Wow!!!

I love it when we OzPol girls can chat like this 👍

It’s lovely being able to connect to each other through our experiences.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #84 - Aug 6th, 2018 at 11:42pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 11:29pm:
Wow!!!

yep  pretty awesome  ~

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #85 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 9:46am

Agnes wrote on Aug 6th, 2018 at 11:42pm:
Wow!!!

yep  pretty awesome  ~

You know Agnes....I honestly think that a lot of the guys on here (not all) don’t mind reading what we post to each other. I think it may be because it gives them some insight/feedback into our experiences as women. And that’s gotta be a good thing. 👍

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #86 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 12:35pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 9:46am:
Wow!!!

yep  pretty awesome  ~

You know Agnes....I honestly think that a lot of the guys on here (not all) don’t mind reading what we post to each other. I think it may be because it gives them some insight/feedback into our experiences as women. And that’s gotta be a good thing. 👍

I think they want to be the woman Lisa- mention womens  business and they are all over it like a rash ( every single time) with the near death experience of a killer gall stone- or a monster tonsil that almost choked them- it is so predictable its almost a waste of time and very funny- they dont read- they compete because they don't have a vagina- they feel left out- so I will try to keep myself to myself from now on- sorry Lisa Id love to agree with you- there are maybe 3 men here at best who feel comfortable enough  in their own manly skin to allow a woman to be themselves without feeling jealous- one guy here really takes the cake though  Wink  and the hell of his monthly cycle must really take it out of him lol   Grin Grin Grin    (he knows who he is)
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2018 at 1:09pm by Agnes »  

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #87 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 5:27pm

No bloody way

I've seen birth

And there ain't no way in hell that I would go through that.

My mom used to say

" If a woman had the first baby and the man the second, there wouldn't be a third"

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #88 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 9:04pm

A baby-sized watermelon would be pretty small.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #89 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 7:59am

Agnes wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 12:35pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 7th, 2018 at 9:46am:
Wow!!!

yep  pretty awesome  ~

I think they want to be the woman Lisa- mention womens  business and they are all over it like a rash ( every single time) with the near death experience of a killer gall stone- or a monster tonsil that almost choked them- it is so predictable its almost a waste of time and very funny- they dont read- they compete because they don't have a vagina- they feel left out- so I will try to keep myself to myself from now on- sorry Lisa Id love to agree with you- there are maybe 3 men here at best who feel comfortable enough  in their own manly skin to allow a woman to be themselves without feeling jealous- one guy here really takes the cake though  Wink  and the hell of his monthly cycle must really take it out of him lol   Grin Grin Grin    (he knows who he is)

It's the new trend......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print