Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Premium unleaded at $1.70. Wow what a bargain !! (Read 6285 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Premium unleaded at $1.70. Wow what a bargain !!
Jun 6th, 2018 at 3:12pm

Whilst these lucky Tesla owners enjoy a free charge at the local shopping mall Wink This is something you would never ever see at any fossil fool bowser Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Premium unleaded at $1.70. Wow what a bargain !!
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 11:26pm

Hey socko and lee. What a bargain PULP is !! Fill up your tanks before it goes up. You don't want to be caught short when you make that daily commute from melbourne to sydney Cheesy LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 12:17am

Sir lastnail wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 3:12pm:
Whilst these lucky Tesla owners enjoy a free charge at the local shopping mall Wink This is something you would never ever see at any fossil fool bowser Sad

http://www.ozpolitic.com/album/forum-attachments/TeslaAtChadtsone_-_Copy__2_.jpg

No way in the world these charging stations are going to remain free. I can guarantee that as soon as there is a big changeover to electric it will cost the same as petrol to charge up. Let the suckers buy electric.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 5:19am

rhino wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 12:17am:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/album/forum-attachments/TeslaAtChadtsone_-_Copy__2_.jpg

No way in the world these charging stations are going to remain free. I can guarantee that as soon as there is a big changeover to electric it will cost the same as petrol to charge up. Let the suckers buy electric.

most ppl that buy ev''s charge at home so 95% of the time will be off peak rate to charge and atm its about a quarter of the price. I guess for public stations if they charge to much no one will use them, the range of electric's r getting higher and higher, and really no one likes going to a gas station , might as well do it at home Wink Wink
even if it does cost the same , at least its electricity made in Australia and not oil from the middle east. Grin Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 8:17am

Quote:
Supercharging

Below are additional program details which apply to Tesla vehicles under the Supercharger program.

Model S and X receive 400 kWh (~1,600 km) of Supercharger credits annually.

For usage above the complimentary annual credits provided, a small fee applies.

Model 3 does not receive annual Supercharger credits, and a small fee applies to Supercharge.

https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/support/supercharging

$120 K plus government charges for cheapest Tesla in Australia

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/brand-new/tesla/?sortby=~Price&offset=0&setype=...

Lithium batteries only last for around 2000 cycles then they need to be replaced which would be very expensive which is a fact idiots like rustynail ignore

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 10:33am

Charging a 100 kWH battery pack that has been fully discharged at a rate of about 25 cents per kWH will ultimately cost someone $25. Once EVs have battery packs around the same range as an equivalent sized vehicle, a full charge will cost $40 - $60.

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

minarchist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 10:37am

Quote:
Lithium batteries only last for around 2000 cycles then they need to be replaced which would be very expensive which is a fact idiots like rustynail ignore

In fairness, current lithium batteries have the ability to be charged at higher Depth of Discharge levels with little degradation to the battery. Someone who currently owns an EV that makes short trips and charges their vehicle every night could see their battery pack last for 20,000 cycles.

People accuse Capitalism of being a "dog eat dog" system, yet it was the Communists who ate each other when they were starving!

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 1:33pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 8:17am:

Quote:
Supercharging

Below are additional program details which apply to Tesla vehicles under the Supercharger program.

Model 3 does not receive annual Supercharger credits, and a small fee applies to Supercharge.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/brand-new/tesla/?sortby=~Price&offset=0&setype=...

a Tesla does 600kms a cycle so that's 1.200.000 km on a battery.

so after1.2 million km's the battery needs replacing......
the Tesla's r large luxury, every large luxury its competing against costs over 100k some up to 250k.......

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #8 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 1:42pm

minarchist wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 10:33am:
Charging a 100 kWH battery pack that has been fully discharged at a rate of about 25 cents per kWH will ultimately cost someone $25. Once EVs have battery packs around the same range as an equivalent sized vehicle, a full charge will cost $40 - $60.

tesla S will do 600km so   $4.15 for 100 km's for a large luxury vehicle
2.5 litres of petrol costs about $4.15.... most big luxury use more than 10l for 100 km's so its a quarter of the price...... Wink Wink Wink
the tesla3 being smaller and newer would only need a 90kwh battery to do 600 km's Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 2:41pm

Why ? Tesla invests in renewable energy so they don't have to pay some crooked oil cartel who keeps manipulating the price Sad

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 2:44pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 8:17am:

Quote:
Supercharging

Really f.ckface ?? After the 2000th charge they are completely dead ??

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 7:12pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 11:26pm:
Hey socko and lee. What a bargain PULP is !! Fill up your tanks before it goes up. You don't want to be caught short when you make that daily commute from melbourne to sydney Cheesy LOL

I don't drive over east. I don't  use PULP.

What do you use?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #12 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 11:10pm

Would you rather see people charge their cars for the relative cost of what a petrol car would cost, just so that the Middle East gets off their smug arses and realise that the world does not rely on them any more?

I look forward to the day when I switch on the news and find out that the Middle East cannot fund their stupid wars because the oil industries can't fund the armies for the sake of who gets to live where over there.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #13 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 11:28pm

Facebook posts have been urging people not to buy petrol for Friday. There is some stupid idea that this will force petrol companies to drop their prices. Did someone not learn the idea of supply and demand?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 12:45am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 11:10pm:

Would you rather see people charge their cars for the relative cost of what a petrol car would cost, just so that the Middle East gets off their smug arses and realise that the world does not rely on them any more?

I look forward to the day when I switch on the news and find out that the Middle East cannot fund their stupid wars because the oil industries can't fund the armies for the sake of who gets to live where over there.
Id rather see us use what we have abundant resources of and which is relatively non polluting. i.e.natural gas.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print