Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
Home remedies for cold's (Read 17968 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Home remedies for cold's
Reply #150 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 10:59pm

Killing off a virus/germ for one sickness can help the body refocus the immune system onto another sickness. We constantly have germs that invade our body and can grow under a strained immune system or a poor diet. It is not a one at a time thing with disease. Our immune system has to constantly update its memory of how to deal with germs/viruses.

If you went to live in isolation for a few years, then came back to the community, I bet you would have a month of really bad illnesses from a lowered immune system.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #151 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:34pm

A whole garlic, six bongs a bottle of Tequila, some speed, a bottle of prescription cough medicine a cup of tea a bex and a good lie down.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #152 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 12:05am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 10:59pm:
Killing off a virus/germ for one sickness can help the body refocus the immune system onto another sickness. We constantly have germs that invade our body and can grow under a strained immune system or a poor diet. It is not a one at a time thing with disease. Our immune system has to constantly update its memory of how to deal with germs/viruses.

If you went to live in isolation for a few years, then came back to the community, I bet you would have a month of really bad illnesses from a lowered immune system.

Were you brought up by a single mum? The old wive's tales are strong with you Rocky. Things are pointed out again and again but you still persist with witch doctor stuff like vapour rub behind your ears.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #153 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 12:35am

My mother is a qualified nurse with over 40 years experience. I am sure her advice is much more comprehensive than someone with zero experience, like you.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #154 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 5:52pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 12:35am:
My mother is a qualified nurse with over 40 years experience. I am sure her advice is much more comprehensive than someone with zero experience, like you.

If you'd like a second opinion I could ask my wife(BHsc) or my RN son to read your Vix behind the ears posts.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #155 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:35pm

Johnnie wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:34pm:
A whole garlic, six bongs a bottle of Tequila, some speed, a bottle of prescription cough medicine a cup of tea a bex and a good lie down.

Grin
Zif you could anything but lie down after that.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #156 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:36pm

Johnnie wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 11:34pm:

Grin
Zif you could anything but lie down after that.   Tongue

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #157 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:32pm

That's could be true to an extent. I'm reasonably healthy, but I live by the sea and I like to believe the sea breeze blows away the worst of the germs. There are a lot less people in my area so there are less viruses floating around.

Whenever I visit a crowded city, I always pick up a virus. This also happened when I lived in the city and being exposed constantly was worse. Germs can be picked up so easily and in crowded places there's always someone who's sick and is careless about spreading their germs.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #158 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:39pm

mantra wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:32pm:

That's could be true to an extent. I'm reasonably healthy, but I live by the sea and I like to believe the sea breeze blows away the worst of the germs. There are a lot less people in my area so there are less viruses floating around.

Whenever I visit a crowded city, I always pick up a virus. This also happened when I lived in the city and being exposed constantly was worse. Germs can be picked up so easily and in crowded places there's always someone who's sick and is careless about spreading their germs.

I have better witch doctor stuff than Unsub, my beard keeps me safe. I've never had the flu and work with homeless people, don't get flu shots, it must be the beard, no other explanation. Wink

Grow a beard if you do not want to get infected!

In case anyone is interested, I also have a magic rock that stops tigers attacking and eating you. It's worked 100% for me so far. It may be pricey but it's worth it! PoA.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #159 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:53pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:39pm:
mantra wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:32pm:

I have better witch doctor stuff than Unsub, my beard keeps me safe. I've never had the flu and work with homeless people, don't get flu shots, it must be the beard, no other explanation. Wink

In case anyone is interested, I also have a magic rock that stops tigers attacking and eating you. It's worked 100% for me so far. It may be pricey but it's worth it! PoA.

wow and its such a lush beard as well- is it still that bushy? or is that even you? have seen that pic on google
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:10pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #160 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:57pm

I have better witch doctor stuff than Unsub, my beard keeps me safe. I've never had the flu and work with homeless people, don't get flu shots, it must be the beard, no other explanation.

Homeless people mightn't have the best hygiene, but they're usually on the streets and probably develop a fairly good immune system against every day bugs. They are not confined in a closed area.

It's the people who work in crowded offices with air conditioning where the viruses are being recycled and blown out relentlessly. These are the people with low immune systems. Then they pile into the streets at lunchtime and after work when they're tired - then onto public transport, coughing and splashing their germs over every vulnerable passerby. It's not their fault.

Eventually we'll all be forced to wear masks like the Chinese - which isn't a bad idea.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #161 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:03pm

Vicks fixes everything- I developed a 2nd cold for this winter- but went to bed straight away and used vikcs everywhere- but I did chow down on a lot of grlic as well- you couldnt get near me- thankfully cold was short lived and Im fine now
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:08pm by Agnes »  

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #162 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:12pm

mantra wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:57pm:
I have better witch doctor stuff than Unsub, my beard keeps me safe. I've never had the flu and work with homeless people, don't get flu shots, it must be the beard, no other explanation.

Homeless people mightn't have the best hygiene, but they're usually on the streets and probably develop a fairly good immune system against every day bugs. They are not confined in a closed area.

It's the people who work in crowded offices with air conditioning where the viruses are being recycled and blown out relentlessly. These are the people with low immune systems. Then they pile into the streets at lunchtime and after work when they're tired - then onto public transport, coughing and splashing their germs over every vulnerable passerby. It's not their fault.

Eventually we'll all be forced to wear masks like the Chinese - which isn't a bad idea.

I worked in a school for 18 years with all those germ breeders and never got sick either. Not only that as the IT Admin my fingers touched all those filthy keyboards all the time.  I'm sure it's the beard. Wink

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #163 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:14pm

Agnes wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:03pm:
Vicks fixes everything- I developed a 2nd cold for this winter- but went to bed straight away and used vikcs everywhere- but I did chow down on a lot of grlic as well- you couldnt get near me- thankfully cold was short lived and Im fine now

Not everywhere AG or you'd be sqealling like a stuck pig.

I'm cooking some lamb loin chops ATM, I'm sure that has something to do with keeping the bugs away too. The gods like burnt offerings.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #164 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 12:32am

mantra wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:57pm:

I live by the ocean as well Mantra and I like to think the air is much cleaner here- I feel that is is- and the winds are quiet high sometimes so that must do something for a cleaner environment in general- I would not like to live among crowds- a breeding ground for all kinds of viral germs and bacteria- in high density asian counteries they mostly use masks to keep out germs and who can blame them? I probably would too-

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print