Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Kelly O'Dwyer won't concede Government was wrong (Read 1823 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: Kelly O'Dwyer won't concede Government was wrong
Reply #15 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 9:43pm

Auggie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 9:20pm:
Dnarever wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 9:19pm:
When politicians do this they only succeed like Kelly here in making themselves look sneaky and dishonest, I have no idea why they do this to themselves.

Would you vote for a politician who accepted no pay?

Yeah, I would but it would depend. Voting for a billionaire that accepted no pay would be like voting for Crassus. I would vote for me and I'd take the equivalent of the aged pension plus expenses.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #16 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 9:45pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 9:43pm:
Yeah, I would but it would depend. Voting for a billionaire that accepted no pay would be like voting for Crassus. I would vote for me and I'd take the equivalent of the aged pension plus expenses.

What if they were just an ordinary Joe Bloggs, then what?

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #17 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:05pm

Auggie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 9:45pm:

Yes, aged pension or average wage and expenses, perhaps an IQ test.. No Crassus.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #18 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:07pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:05pm:

Yes, aged pension or average wage and expenses. No Crassus.

Would you be willing to elect for a longer term because of their personal sacrifice?? Say, 10 years?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #19 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:10pm

Auggie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:07pm:

Would you be willing to elect for a longer term because of their personal sacrifice?? Say, 10 years?

No, unless there was a clear and easy way to out them. 5 years maybe but that is too long without a way to rid ourselves of those that may get in and be bought.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #20 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:12pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:10pm:

No, unless there was a clear and easy way to out them. 5 years maybe but that is too long without a way to rid ourselves of those that may get in and be bought.

So, do you understand then why politicians aren't that keen to be 'selfless' when the voter won't reward them for being puritanical?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #21 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:30pm

Auggie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:12pm:

So, do you understand then why politicians aren't that keen to be 'selfless' when the voter won't reward them for being puritanical?

Because they a hogs. I'd happily serve on a low income and costs. I would not demand to be kept there. In fact if the people decided I should be gone, I'd be happy with that. I have no problem contributing to the country that has given me a pretty good life and i don't care that it has given some a more well off life than mine. Hell they would not even have to pay me a pollies pension with all it's benefits.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #22 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:32pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:30pm:

Because they a hogs. I'd happily serve on a low income and costs. I would not demand to be kept there. In fact if the people decided I should be gone, I'd be happy with that. I have no problem contributing to the country that has given me a pretty good life and i don't care that it has given some a more well off life than mine. Hell they would not even have to pay me a pollies pension with all it's benefits.

Mmm, I don't believe you're that selfless.

I'll tell you what?

You give up your position as Moderator, and then I'll believe you.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #23 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:37pm

Auggie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:32pm:

I'll tell you what?

Talk to FD, I've already given it up but it was not accepted. I think I might be getting some support in this which would suit me. I'd be more than happy not to moderate. If you go back and look at posts when we were appointed it might enlighten. I can honestly say I hate this job.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #24 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:39pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:37pm:

I'll tell you what?

Talk to FD, I've already given it up but it was not accepted. I think I might be getting some support in this which would suit me. I'd be more than happy not to moderate. If you go back and look at posts when we were appointed it might enlighten. I can honestly say I hate this job.

So then, follow Gandhi and engage in Moderator disobedience. FD will have to remove you then.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #25 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:48pm

Auggie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:39pm:

I'll tell you what?

So then, follow Gandhi and engage in Moderator disobedience. FD will have to remove you then.

That's not what will happen. People will start abusing each other, I will ignore it and it will get worse. It's bad enough as it is. Feel free to petition FD to find someone to replace me, I'll support you.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #26 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:50pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:48pm:
Auggie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:39pm:

I'll tell you what?

That's not what will happen. People will start abusing each other, I will ignore it and it will get worse. It's bad enough as it is. Feel free to petition FD to find someone to replace me, I'll support you.

Of what thread are you moderator?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #27 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:51pm

Auggie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:50pm:

I'm a global moderator.

IP Logged

matty
Gold Member

Australian Politics

East Sydney
Reply #28 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:58am

O'Dwyer is just yet another one of the deadweight put there by LibLab as she is a woman. Complete and utter moron and a waste of space.

BILL SHORTEN WILL NEVER BE PM!!!!

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #29 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 10:01am

Setanta wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:51pm:
Auggie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:50pm:

I'm a global moderator.

What perks does that get you over a MRB  Grin ?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print