Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 34
Send Topic Print
Pauline's latest pronouncements (Read 71687 times)
Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Pauline's latest pronouncements
Reply #405 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 4:52pm

While I generally agree with the social distancing regulations, the way they are being interpreted is absurd in some cases. A teenager was fined $1600 in Victoria for having a driving lesson with her mum...if this was all she was doing then it's utterly stupid, yet we see pictures of backpackers congregating on the streets of Bondi and apparently it's still OK to play golf?

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #406 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 4:54pm

Belgarion wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 4:52pm:
While I generally agree with the social distancing regulations, the way they are being interpreted is absurd in some cases. A teenager was fined $1600 in Victoria for having a driving lesson with her mum...if this was all she was doing then it's utterly stupid, yet we see pictures of backpackers congregating on the streets of Bondi and apparently it's still OK to play golf?

Driving lessons aren't essential.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #407 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 5:46pm

I think the problem is there is little flexibility in how the coppers are meant to interpret the regulations, Belgarion.  Don't blame them for doing their job.  More than like it was a young copper who didn't understand the importance of flexibility.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #408 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 9:40pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 5:46pm:

I think the problem is there is little flexibility in how the coppers are meant to interpret the regulations, Belgarion.  Don't blame them for doing their job.  More than like it was a young copper who didn't understand the importance of flexibility.

I don't blame them at all, however common sense should be used when deciding how to proceed.  Although if everyone used common sense there would be no need to shut public spaces and ban groups from gathering as the public would see the necessity and do the right thing without legal compulsion.  However common sense is very uncommon.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #409 - Apr 6th, 2020 at 10:23pm

Belgarion wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 9:40pm:

I don't blame them at all, however common sense should be used when deciding how to proceed.  Although if everyone used common sense there would be no need to shut public spaces and ban groups from gathering as the public would see the necessity and do the right thing without legal compulsion.  However common sense is very uncommon.

Or as my old Granny used to say, "Common sense isn't common."   Coppers in particular only acquire it with experience of dealing with people.  Many people never acquire it unfortunately.  They are the ones who the coppers are dealing witn on a daily basis.  Give them a little leeway.   They are working to protect everyone from dickheads who don't think, who don't use their commonsense.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #410 - Apr 11th, 2020 at 12:23am

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #411 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 2:28pm

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #412 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 3:42pm

Pauline has called this one right.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #413 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 5:45pm

Johnnie wrote on Apr 17th, 2020 at 3:42pm:

Really?  Would she care to name who is a "lefty elitist"?  Would she like to tell us who is pushing for a world wide government?  No, of course 'cause she doesn't know.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #414 - Jun 17th, 2020 at 1:49pm

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #415 - Jun 17th, 2020 at 4:10pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 17th, 2020 at 1:49pm:

So?

Not as bad as the Victorian Labor party being investigated for corruption ... or Labor pedo Orkopoulos coming up on 15 additional charges of sexual abuse of boys

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #416 - Jun 17th, 2020 at 4:12pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 17th, 2020 at 1:49pm:

Nearly two years ago and the Guardian gets all outraged now, just as Labor in Victoria has made the media for all the wrong reasons?  Hmmmm....Roll Eyes

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #417 - Jun 17th, 2020 at 4:54pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 17th, 2020 at 5:45pm:
Johnnie wrote on Apr 17th, 2020 at 3:42pm:

Really?  Would she care to name who is a "lefty elitist"?  Would she like to tell us who is pushing for a world wide government?  No, of course 'cause she doesn't know.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes

Its happening right before our very eyes, Pauline puts some focus on the situation so she will probably get thrown in jail again.

We need more Paulines in government and not just one against the big duet.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #418 - Jun 17th, 2020 at 8:44pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 10:23pm:

Or as my old Granny used to say, "Common sense isn't common."   Coppers in particular only acquire it with experience of dealing with people.  Many people never acquire it unfortunately.  They are the ones who the coppers are dealing witn on a daily basis.  Give them a little leeway.   They are working to protect everyone from dickheads who don't think, who don't use their commonsense.   Roll Eyes

Well, YOU need masive protection then.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #419 - Jun 18th, 2020 at 4:37pm

Frank wrote on Jun 17th, 2020 at 8:44pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 6th, 2020 at 10:23pm:

Well, YOU need masive protection then.

Your antipathy towards me showing again, Soren.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 34
Send Topic Print