Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Born-in-Australia Australians cheering on the Auss (Read 3028 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Born-in-Australia Australians cheering on the Auss
Sep 24th, 2017 at 3:18pm

ie cricket team at the Yabba against India's / Pakistan's visiting national team ...

Question: Is this a credible scenario?  Cool

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Born-in-Australia Australians cheering on the Auss
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 3:32pm

Is that you, Herbie, in the front row?  Afterall, you're not a native born Aussie, now are you?  Perhaps we should deport you back to your homeland - the Peoples' Republic of China!   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 6:19pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 3:32pm:
Is that you, Herbie, in the front row?  Afterall, you're not a native born Aussie, now are you?  Perhaps we should deport you back to your homeland - the Peoples' Republic of China!   Roll Eyes

You never answer these questions, do you Brian? What's it been now ~ 10 years ... 11 years ... and still the truth contained in my rhetorical questions are too hot for you to handle without sliding off into childish ad hominems and silly diversions.

Basically what you need to do is grow up and start dealing with these projections of Australia's future without running to hide under your bed.

Nicole had her epiphany on the way to becoming a deaf-and-mute diehard Leftwing rusted-on as you are, but she tossed ideology aside and confronted these questions with honesty and moral integrity as an intelligent woman.

With you there is no hope, of course, and that's because you're an intellectual coward who dare not upset the 'YES' vote crowd and all those others who take refuge in Leftwing platitudes to give themselves a patina of moral respectability in much the same way as do Sunday Morning Christians.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 6:38pm

Herbert, you have over-dictionaryed yourself....

Quote:
You never answer these questions, do you Brian? What's it been now ~ 10 years ... 11 years ... and still the truth contained in my rhetorical questions....

Herbert, you are not supposed to answer 'rhetorical' questions.

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 6:52pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 6:19pm:

You never answer these questions, do you Brian? What's it been now ~ 10 years ... 11 years ... and still the truth contained in my rhetorical questions are too hot for you to handle without sliding off into childish ad hominems and silly diversions.

Basically what you need to do is grow up and start dealing with these projections of Australia's future without running to hide under your bed.

Nicole had her epiphany on the way to becoming a deaf-and-mute diehard Leftwing rusted-on as you are, but she tossed ideology aside and confronted these questions with honesty and moral integrity as an intelligent woman.

With you there is no hope, of course, and that's because you're an intellectual coward who dare not upset the 'YES' vote crowd and all those others who take refuge in Leftwing platitudes to give themselves a patina of moral respectability in much the same way as do Sunday Morning Christians.

I was on the conservative American Chronwatch forum and I was so blinded that I started a thread called "Osama is basically right" and I fought tooth and nail to back that position amongst a nest of American Republicans.

4E saw some sort of intellectual honesty in me and whilst his peers gave me hell, 4E used patience, kindness and logic. That was the start of my journey.

But you're wasting your time with Brian Herbert. He lacks intellectual honesty and we've both seen that over and over across more than a decade now.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 6:55pm

You have posted that 'own back patting stuff'....almost word for word.....some time ago.  Your mate '4E' found OzPol could not be made his little oyster and he abandoned you to the Ozpol wolves.

Smiley

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #6 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 6:56pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 6:19pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, Herbie.  Still unwilling to admit your hypocrisy, hey?  Still unwilling to admit that your Chinese?   Tsk, tsk, such a hypocrite, criticising your fellow Asians for well, being Asian.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #7 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 6:59pm

Mistress Nicole wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I was on the conservative American Chronwatch forum and I was so blinded that I started a thread called "Osama is basically right" and I fought tooth and nail to back that position amongst a nest of American Republicans.

4E saw some sort of intellectual honesty in me and whilst his peers gave me hell, 4E used patience, kindness and logic. That was the start of my journey.

But you're wasting your time with Brian Herbert. He lacks intellectual honesty and we've both seen that over and over across more than a decade now.

Do, I now, "Nicole"?  Funny, how I post under my real name and you refuse to.  So much for honesty, tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

BTW, what ever happened to 4E?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:06pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 6:59pm:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Do, I now, "Nicole"?  Funny, how I post under my real name and you refuse to.  So much for honesty, tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

BTW, what ever happened to 4E?   

He had his arse handed to him.

Quote:
Your mate '4E' found OzPol could not be made his little oyster and he abandoned you to the Ozpol wolves.

He was unable to accept that his word could be so disrespectfully questioned by ignorant people in Australia.   He had a sense of self importance which was far greater than his real worth as a contributor and journalist.  For example, it was quite impudent of me to ask him what a 'fly over State' was.

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:20pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 3:18pm:
ie cricket team at the Yabba against India's / Pakistan's visiting national team ...

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4473/37021619110_7a0aa78bd3_b.jpg

I have a friend who is a kiwi and her husband is a Pom. They've lived in Australia 20 years. In sports, she still supports the kiwis and her husband the English. Neither of them support Australia.

I can only assume genuine assimilation is rare but that doesn't really matter when immigrants come from similarly minded Western countries.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:51pm

Mistress Nicole wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:20pm:

I have a friend who is a kiwi and her husband is a Pom. They've lived in Australia 20 years. In sports, she still supports the kiwis and her husband the English. Neither of them support Australia.

I can only assume genuine assimilation is rare but that doesn't really matter when immigrants come from similarly minded Western countries.

Oh, my goodness, gracious me.  "Nicole" it is just bloody sport.  Who cares who someone supports?  It is just sport.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:54pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:51pm:

Oh, my goodness, gracious me.  "Nicole" it is just bloody sport.  Who cares who someone supports?  It is just sport.    Roll Eyes

On the contrary, it indicates where a persons loyalties lie.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:01pm

Mistress Nicole wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:54pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:51pm:

On the contrary, it indicates where a persons loyalties lie.

Only if you are shallow, "Nicole".   Sporting loyalties indicate nothing more than sporting loyalties.  People's national loyalties are often very different indeed.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2017 at 10:37pm by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:20pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 6:38pm:
Herbert, you have over-dictionaryed yourself....

Quote:
You never answer these questions, do you Brian? What's it been now ~ 10 years ... 11 years ... and still the truth contained in my rhetorical questions....

Herbert, you are not supposed to answer 'rhetorical' questions.

Incorrect.

If your adversary agrees with you that you have asked him a rhetorical question, then you've won the point you were making without a word of argument from him.

Smiley

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:25pm

Rhetorically speaking, Brian is a casualty of his own hubris.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print