Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
Why do you oppose SSM? (Read 21828 times)
thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Re: Why do you oppose SSM?
Reply #150 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:43pm

FraudulentAFL wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:38pm:
thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:26pm:
Same sex marriage has been possible in NZ for about 4 years.
Is Kiwi society in ruin and tatters??

No one cares!

Yes, let's just have lies and fear.
No facts or evidence. Ever.

thecuriousmail.wordpress.com
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

FraudulentAFL

Australian Politics

Reply #151 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:48pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:40pm:

No one cares!

New Zealand, although geographically close to us, are 'culturally' more like the USA in that they have a tiny 'rich' class and huge 'poor' class with hardly any 'middle-class'.
Hence why the Gay & Redneck 'division' fits neatly for them.

Be enlightening to see what happens to this country in 6 weeks then!

IP Logged

FraudulentAFL

Australian Politics

Reply #152 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:51pm

thecuriousmail wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:43pm:

No one cares!

Yes, let's just have lies and fear.
No facts or evidence. Ever.

How about we have a democracy where consequences aren't allowed to be discussed and our football leagues tell us so with all the money we give them to watch FOOTBALL  Roll Eyes

?????

Would that suit the feminist agenda enough for you?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #153 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:56pm

Quote:
1. God instituted marriage btwn male and female.

2. The Holy Bible disagrees with your above clueless driven and invented views.

So, when the Priest says: "til death do us part", is that just him being nice, or following church doctrine?

Also, quote me the passage in the Bible which allows a person to marry his/her adulterer?

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #154 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:59pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:09pm:
No comeback .....with THIS id anyway Grin

Good!

Read your history: the Ottoman Empire had more influence and impact on modern Greek society that did Classical Greek society.

The weakness of institutions in Greece is derived from its status within the Ottoman Empire.

The Ancient Greeks were better tax collectors than Greece is today.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #155 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:55pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:59pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:09pm:
No comeback .....with THIS id anyway Grin

Good!

Read your history: the Ottoman Empire had more influence and impact on modern Greek society that did Classical Greek society.

The weakness of institutions in Greece is derived from its status within the Ottoman Empire.

The Ancient Greeks were better tax collectors than Greece is today.

BS!

Edit :

FMD! My husband has just taken your freaking side on this!

He just told me : You may not like it but this guy is actually right. What's this guy's name? I answered "Caesar Augustus". He's still laughing 😂.

Awesome nic he reckons.

I don't like you or him right now.

He's still giving me a sermon as I'm typing this...on the Byzantine Empire etc etc.😱😤😮😐

« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2017 at 9:09pm by Lisa Jones »  

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #156 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:58pm

Auggie wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:56pm:
Quote:

So, when the Priest says: "til death do us part", is that just him being nice, or following church doctrine?

Also, quote me the passage in the Bible which allows a person to marry his/her adulterer?

There are grounds for marrying again even when both people are still alive.

And that's according to the New Testament of The Holy Bible....the contents of which you clearly know nothing about. Even with THAT ID 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #157 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 2:39am

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 5:26pm:

God also refuses you to teach but remain silent.

You disgrace god if you worship with your head uncovered.

People ignore "god's word" regarding this.

Fact is Christians are "cafeteria Christians" what to believe and what not to.

Why should we expect that "god's word" regarding marriage is any different?

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #158 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:46am

Boy with henna tattoo: How the little Aussie boy was exploited by Gay paedophile network

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-10/boy-with-henna-tattoo-network-exposed/5310...

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #159 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:53am

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 8:58pm:
Auggie wrote on Sep 24th, 2017 at 7:56pm:
Quote:

There are grounds for marrying again even when both people are still alive.

And that's according to the New Testament of The Holy Bible....the contents of which you clearly know nothing about. Even with THAT ID 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Silence  Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #160 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 9:00am

capitosinora wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:46am:

Oh dear God.

Those poofters need to be shot asap!

All of them.

I can't get over the contents of that article.

Too gruesome.

These poor innocent little kids.

If anyone here thinks the victims in this article will be able to recover over time.....you're wrong. This trauma stays with you for life and will affect you psychologically etc .....IF you decide NOT to commit suicide.

I feel sick now..... Cry

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #161 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 9:02am

Can the atheists and ignorant stop commenting on religion please.

Christians follow the teachings of Christ.  Which are in the New Testament.

SSM and the Marriage Act as far as I know isn't mentioned explicitly in the New Testament.

Just as YES supporters do not mention the flow-on effects of their plan to change marriage a tradition and term thousands of years old carried out by billions of heterosexuals.

Cheesy

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #162 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 9:16am

Grendel wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 9:02am:

SSM and the Marriage Act as far as I know isn't mentioned explicitly in the New Testament.

Just as YES supporters do not mention the flow-on effects of their plan to change marriage a tradition and term thousands of years old carried out by billions of [highlight]heterosexuals.[/highlight]

Cheesy

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #163 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 6:22am

Just as YES supporters do not mention the flow-on effects of their plan to change marriage a tradition and term thousands of years old carried out by billions of heterosexuals.

Cheesy

Raven's last post concerns passages from the New Testament. He within his right to comment on it.

But you are right the Nazarene is quiet regarding homosexuals, or SSM. Except perhaps for this verse:

Matthew 19 talks about marriage

Matthew 19:11 But He said to them,
“Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given."

Matthew 19:12
"For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."

Now this is interesting. The Nazarene talks about the honoured class

Eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men is pretty self explanatory

Eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs are men who foreswear marriage to better serve God.

But eunuchs born from their mother's womb is an interesting turn of phrase. During the time of the Nazarene the term "born a eunuch" was a term to describe "effeminate" men, commonly associated with homosexual desire. It was a widely used term and the Nazarene would have been familiar with it's meaning.

He lists people born gay alongside another honoured class (eunuchs for the kingdom), and accepts them as a natural part of God’s creation order.

The Nazarene teaches that most people are created for heterosexual marriage. But he does not see this as the only honourable way to live. He acknowledges that some human beings have been created by God to follow a less common, but equally legitimate path. There are some who have been eunuchs from birth — made that way by God.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

FraudulentAFL

Australian Politics

Reply #164 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 11:52am

Cheesy

What does the Bible say about gay marriage / same sex marriage?

Subscribe to our Question of the Week:

Email Address
Submit
gay marriage, same sex marriage
Question: "What does the Bible say about gay marriage / same sex marriage?"

Answer: While the Bible does address homosexuality, it does not explicitly mention gay marriage/same-sex marriage. It is clear, however, that the Bible condemns homosexuality as an immoral and unnatural sin. Leviticus 18:22 identifies homosexual sex as an abomination, a detestable sin. Romans 1:26-27 declares homosexual desires and actions to be shameful, unnatural, lustful, and indecent. First Corinthians 6:9 states that homosexuals are unrighteous and will not inherit the kingdom of God. Since both homosexual desires and actions are condemned in the Bible, it is clear that homosexuals “marrying” is not God’s will, and would be, in fact, sinful.

Whenever the Bible mentions marriage, it is between a male and a female. The first mention of marriage, Genesis 2:24, describes it as a man leaving his parents and being united to his wife. In passages that contain instructions regarding marriage, such as 1 Corinthians 7:2-16 and Ephesians 5:23-33, the Bible clearly identifies marriage as being between a man and a woman. Biblically speaking, marriage is the lifetime union of a man and a woman, primarily for the purpose of building a family and providing a stable environment for that family.

The Bible alone, however, does not have to be used to demonstrate this understanding of marriage. The biblical viewpoint of marriage has been the universal understanding of marriage in every human civilization in world history. History argues against gay marriage. Modern secular psychology recognizes that men and women are psychologically and emotionally designed to complement one another. In regard to the family, psychologists contend that a union between a man and woman in which both spouses serve as good gender role models is the best environment in which to raise well-adjusted children. Psychology argues against gay marriage. In nature/physicality, clearly, men and women were designed to “fit” together sexually. With the “natural” purpose of sexual intercourse being procreation, clearly only a sexual relationship between a man and a woman can fulfill this purpose. Nature argues against gay marriage.

So, if the Bible, history, psychology, and nature all argue for marriage being between a man and a woman—why is there such a controversy today? Why are those who are opposed to gay marriage/same-sex marriage labeled as hateful, intolerant bigots, no matter how respectfully the opposition is presented? Why is the gay rights movement so aggressively pushing for gay marriage/same-sex marriage when most people, religious and non-religious, are supportive of—or at least far less opposed to—gay couples having all the same legal rights as married couples with some form of civil union?

The answer, according to the Bible, is that everyone inherently knows that homosexuality is immoral and unnatural, and the only way to suppress this inherent knowledge is by normalizing homosexuality and attacking any and all opposition to it. The best way to normalize homosexuality is by placing gay marriage/same-sex marriage on an equal plane with traditional opposite-gender marriage. Romans 1:18-32 illustrates this. The truth is known because God has made it plain. The truth is rejected and replaced with a lie. The lie is then promoted and the truth suppressed and attacked. The vehemence and anger expressed by many in the gay rights movement to any who oppose them is, in fact, an indication that they know their position is indefensible. Trying to overcome a weak position by raising your voice is the oldest trick in the debating book. There is perhaps no more accurate description of the modern gay rights agenda than Romans 1:31, “they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.”

To give sanction to gay marriage/same-sex marriage would be to give approval to the homosexual lifestyle, which the Bible clearly and consistently condemns as sinful. Christians should stand firmly against the idea of gay marriage/same-sex marriage. Further, there are strong and logical arguments against gay marriage/same-sex marriage from contexts completely separated from the Bible. One does not have to be an evangelical Christian to recognize that marriage is between a man and a woman.

According to the Bible, marriage is ordained by God to be between a man and a woman (Genesis 2:21-24; Matthew 19:4-6). Gay marriage/same-sex marriage is a perversion of the institution of marriage and an offense to the God who created marriage. As Christians, we are not to condone or ignore sin. Rather, ...

source: I can't post links but you can copy and seach google for it via a right mouse button click

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print