Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
Kamikaze tactics of SSM advocates (Read 8555 times)
John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Kamikaze tactics of SSM advocates
Reply #135 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:32pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 10:47am:
According to Labor the ACT was CONFIRMED...

Grendel wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 7:16pm:
I'll even post the truth again for you Schmitty so you can deny it one more time....  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Grendel wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 10:55am:
Grendel wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 10:40am:
Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 9:32am:
An amendment to the Marriage Act was forced through Parliament by the Lying Rodent! He C H A N G E D  the Marriage Act.

How long are you going to deny reality roach? I get that it was a change you approve of, but it was still a change!

Like I said Labor approved the clarification of the act too.

Quote:
In a press release issued on 1 June 2004, the ALP s Shadow Attorney-General, Nicola Roxon MP, said:

The Labor Party will not oppose the PM's measures to
confirm
in the Marriage Act the common law understanding that marriage is a union between a man and a woman to the exclusion of all others .
  Consistent with this, Labor will also not oppose a prohibition on recognising foreign same sex marriages.    

While Labor questions the PM's motives and reasons for bringing on this issue for debate now, and questions whether it is necessary Labor does not oppose these parts of the Bill which merely
confirm
existing law and our previous commitments to keeping marriage as a heterosexual institution.

hey peccer head not even the ALP were dumb enough to claim Howard was changing the ACT.

Roxon's statement on behalf of the ALP describe it as CONFIRMING...  she used that twice and not one mention of any "change"....  you know why peccerhead?  Because the ACT was not changed it 's meaning was simply CONFIRMED/CLARIFIED....

hey poo for brains, that's not what labor said, that's merely how the reporter described it.
Grin Grin Grin

once again Goose shows why he's the goose. Kiss

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #136 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:34pm

Armchair_Politician wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:31pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:26pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:23pm:
To compare Manus Island and Nauru to Auschwitz and Daschau is insensitive and fallacious, don't you think?

Whilst I agree with this I would also argue that just this is also not a reason to be appalled by  Manus and Nauru as well.

Howard closed them. Rudd was forced to re-open them when his "humanitarian" policy failed spectacularly and fatally. Not only has the Coalition removed all of the children from detention that Labor locked up with the support of the Greens, they have also begun the process of closing the centres once again. There is no way to spin this. It's crystal clear. Not only are they NOT concentration camps, but the only reason they're open is due to Rudd & Gillard's incompetence.

I'm more than willing to blame both sides of government. This is a bipartisan stuff up as far as I can see.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #137 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:35pm

what is it with liberal fan boys and their retardedness?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

you have one claiming a change to the act isn't a change to the act, and the other arguing it's not a concentration camp unless millions of jews are killed

retardedness in the extreme

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #138 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:39pm

John Smith wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:35pm:
what is it with liberal fan boys and their retardedness?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

you have one claiming a change to the act isn't a change to the act, and the other arguing it's not a concentration camp unless millions of jews are killed

retardedness in the extreme

Clearly you are the forum expert on "retardedness". I bow to your wealth of first-hand knowledge on this topic.

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #139 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:43pm

John Smith wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:35pm:
what is it with liberal fan boys and their retardedness? 

I hear ya Mr Smith, I hear ya.

No matter how many times they're proven wrong (and let's face it, that happens on a daily basis in here), they still just stick their chubby little fingers in their ears and go "I'm right, you're wrong, nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah".

Sad little creatures.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:43pm

Armchair_Politician wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:39pm:
Clearly you are the forum expert on "retardedness".

I don't know if I'd call myself an expert but I've had many years experience dealing with you. Surely that counts!

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #141 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:47pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:34pm:
To compare Manus Island and Nauru to Auschwitz and Daschau is insensitive and fallacious, don't you think?

Whilst I agree with this I would also argue that just this is also not a reason to be appalled by  Manus and Nauru as well.

Howard closed them. Rudd was forced to re-open them when his "humanitarian" policy failed spectacularly and fatally. Not only has the Coalition removed all of the children from detention that Labor locked up with the support of the Greens, they have also begun the process of closing the centres once again. There is no way to spin this. It's crystal clear. Not only are they NOT concentration camps, but the only reason they're open is due to Rudd & Gillard's incompetence.

I'm more than willing to blame both sides of government. This is a bipartisan stuff up as far as I can see.

I know it's pedantic, Bojack. At the same time, if noone calls people up on lazy, misapplied language, phrases and terms become entrenched. The left loooove a good slogan.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #142 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:48pm

John Smith wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:43pm:
Armchair_Politician wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:39pm:
Clearly you are the forum expert on "retardedness".

I don't know if I'd call myself an expert but I've had many years experience dealing with you. Surely that counts!

I've done all I can to help you, but you're clearly a lost cause. Seek professional help.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #143 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:48pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:47pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:34pm:

I know it's pedantic, Bojack. At the same time, if noone calls people up on lazy, misapplied language, phrases and terms become entrenched. The left loooove a good slogan.

Pedantism is not something I would have thought of you Hammer.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:54pm

Why thank you, Bojack (I think).

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #145 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:55pm

Got nothing but name calling eh Gweggy.... 

The meaning of the Marriage ACT was not changed.

YOU are a liar if you claim it was.

That is simply the truth.

Even Labor state that the re-wording of the ACT simply clarifies/CONFIRMS the meaning of the act safeguarding it from misuse.

So Gweggy are you calling the ALP a bunch of liars as well...  they supported the re-wording.  You can say Howard changed the act all you like but that is simply being disingenuous and pedantic.  The meaning of the ACT remains what it has always meant.  There was NO CHANGE to the meaning of the act.  NONE whatsoever.

That Marriage is the Union of a Man and a Woman... if this was not true why does the act need to be "changed" now and yes if you make it now cover same sex unions you are changing the act to be something it never was and was never intended to be.

We are arguing about the meaning of the act Gweggy...  your argument is flawed and wrong.  The meaning of the act was never changed. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:58pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:55pm:

Even Labor state that the re-wording of the ACT simply clarifies/CONFIRMS the meaning of the act safeguarding it from misuse.

So Gweggy are you calling the ALP a bunch of liars as well...  they supported the re-wording.  You can say Howard changed the act all you like but that is simply being a disingenuous and pedantic.  The meaning of the ACT remains what it has always meant.

That Marriage is the Union of a Man and a Woman... if this was not true why does the act need to be "changed" now and yes if you make it now cover same sex unions you are changing the act to be something it never was and was never intended to be.

We are arguing about the meaning of the act Gweggy...  your argument is flawed and wrong.  The meaning of the act was never changed. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You'll never win. The lefties on this forum are exactly like Trump. They make it up as they go, tell as many bare-faced lies as they like and hope that by repeating it as often as possible, people will just take it at face value as being true.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #147 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 1:00pm

LABOR STATES...

The Labor Party will not oppose the PM's measures to
confirm in the Marriage Act the common law understanding that marriage is a union between a man and a woman
to the exclusion of all others .
  Consistent with this, Labor will also not oppose a prohibition on recognising foreign same sex marriages.   

While Labor questions the PM's motives and reasons for bringing on this issue for debate now, and questions whether it is necessary Labor does not oppose these parts of the Bill which merely confirm existing law and our previous commitments
to keeping marriage as a heterosexual institution.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 1:00pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:55pm:

So Gweggy are you calling the ALP a bunch of liars as well...  they supported the re-wording.  You can say Howard changed the act all you like but that is simply being disingenuous and pedantic.  The meaning of the ACT remains what it has always meant.  There was NO CHANGE to the meaning of the act.  NONE whatsoever.

We are arguing about the meaning of the act Gweggy...  your argument is flawed and wrong.  The meaning of the act was never changed.

"Less than an hour after Prime Minister John Howard announced the changes to the Marriage Act, the government rushed legislation enabling the changes into parliament.

"Mr Howard said the Marriage Act would be changed to include a definition of marriage as the `voluntarily entered-into union of a man and a woman to exclusion of all others'."

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #149 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 1:04pm

Yes Armchair, you are so right about the buffoons who plague this site.

It is obvious that Howard never changed the meaning of the act and that he merely clarified the true meaning of the act so it could not be misconstrued or misappropriated, by the disingenuous... 
Federal Labor also admit that the so called "changes" have in fact, NOT CHANGED THE MEANING OF THE ACT.  But simply CONFIRMED THE TRUE MEANING OF THE ACT.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print