bogarde73 wrote on Apr 7
th, 2017 at 5:17pm:
We'll agree to differ. You clearly don't get the same experience from a great performance by say an Emma Thompson as I do.
As I said, too many honours are handed out, but the really great contributors to the arts, over a long time, are as worthy of recognition as an ex PM or anybody else.
These very ordinary people get lots of awards and trophies to put on the mantlepiece and hang on the walls at home ~ but a knighthood from the Queen?
I'm amazed that an old codger like you isn't as outraged by this trivialising of knighthoods as I am.
I would rather the Queen knighted just one leading surgeon in a Burns Unit than a hundred rock 'n' roll homosexual and drug addict 'stars'.
... than a hundred actors and actresses who work nothing
like the hardworking people in factories, coal mines, supermarkets and shift workers.
Paul McCartney
Bob Geldof
Elton John ...

Bono
Mick Jagger ...

Tom Jones
Roger Moore
Rolf Harris
Sir Michael Moore ...

I mean, fair dinkum cobber. Knighthoods have been reduced to the ridiculous.
Next, they'll be handing them out to porn stars.