Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Re: Aboriginals adapted
Reply #195 - Mar 3rd, 2017 at 8:40pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 4:51pm:
Valkie wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 12:39pm:
No, Lets all be egocentric, its fun.

I played A grade tennis as a kid, but lost interest later when I started work.
I was a state swimmer, but when I went into the Nationals I was so badly beaten that I decided I would never be able to compete, so I gave up.
I was worthless at cricket, being poor I never had glasses and couldn't see the bloody ball properly.
I was also only average at AFL, not fast enough on my feet.
Cross country I was a real bonus for those in charge, when I came in they knew everyone else would be in as no one was slower.

I was good at orienteering, obstacle courses and other punishing pursuits, because I just don't give in.
A black belt in martial arts, but in competition the best I ever achieved was third place, Others always seemed to be faster than I.
But with some weapons I was undefeated, knives, boe staff etc, but those bloody nun chucks are a menace, never could master those things.

I can build almost anything, have skills and qualifications in several engineering fields.
I have teaching /training qualifications and have trained people for the last 35 years in various fields.
I have been everything from a fitter to an engineering manager and have been good at them all.
I have rebuilt several bathrooms, kitchens and done considerable home maintenance for friends and family.

I will help anyone who asks and I hold a grudge for nasty people.
I am the local fix it guy that everyone comes to when in trouble and have done midnight gyprock repairs when a kid has damaged a wall and mom didn't want dad to know about it when he came home and put up fences i  the middle of the night to help keep pets in when a storm took out the fence.

I like most people, regardless of who the are.

Thats me

Unless of course, they are Indigenous, immigrant or Muslim, right, Valkie?  You really do delude yourself.  You may believe you're a nice bloke but deep down, you're a Racist/Xenophobic/Islamophobic fool.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Your comprehension is not all that good is it.
I have no problem with the Aboriginals, just the Culture of laziness and victim mentality.
It wouldn't matter if they were Abbo or white.

Have no problem with imigrants either, as I have stated many times, I have many immigrant friends and honestly believe that without these wonderful imigrants Australia would be so much the poorer.

Now as for islamaphobic, this make up word is just a way that this CULT tries to justify its self imposed isolation and abhorrent practices.
I have no phobia, I just do not trust, like or want this CULT in my country.
I don't like sewage, and take steps to ensure I never make contact with it, does that make me a sewaophobic?
I know coming into contact with sewage is bad for me, I'm not afraid of it, I just prefer to be away from it so that it does not contaminate me and my health.

This CULT, for that is exactly what it is, is known the world over for its abhorrent and barbaric practices, practices that it has brought with it to Australia.
You know what I mean.
Wife beating, Terrorism, Pedophelia marriage, FGM and pack rape.
These and other equally abhorrent, primitive and barbaric practices you refuse to admit to, but are never the less common and frequent in the secretive and isolated CULT membership.

You will never see this CULT for the evil it is, I know not why.
I have seen what countries that are ruled by this CULT are like, they are not nice places to visit.
The people, their own people, live in constant and total fear.
The religious leaders are continually fighting for power and kill without reason or compassion.
Women mean nothing to these people, they are treated like animals, beaten and murdered without a thought.

I watched a man have his hand and foot cut off on the street for some minor crime.
I ordered, cajoled and begged the driver to get away from this barbarity, but he was too frightened to drive away as this was a public punishment and to leave would be a bad thing.

Never have I been happier to leave a hell hole as I was that day.
And this you want to bring here.
It is not me who is the fool, it is you.
A fool for believing this CULT has anything worthy about it.
A fool for thinking that this CULT is anything but pure evil.
A fool for listening to the propaganda spewed forth by this lying, barbaric and brutal CULT.

You can tell me nothing of the good this cult does, because you know it does no good anywhere.
Every country infected by this CULT has suffered for it.
Have a look at what is going on in Sweden, go ahead, get on the web and see for yourself.
No go areas where the police do not dare to go.
Rapes, murders and barbaric practices all in the name of MuttHELLmud.

Call me an islamaphobe, I care not, I wear it as a badge of honor.
But a racist, never, that is your badge

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #196 - Mar 3rd, 2017 at 9:10pm

Valkie wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 8:40pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 4:51pm:
Valkie wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 12:39pm:
No, Lets all be egocentric, its fun.

I played A grade tennis as a kid, but lost interest later when I started work.
I was a state swimmer, but when I went into the Nationals I was so badly beaten that I decided I would never be able to compete, so I gave up.
I was worthless at cricket, being poor I never had glasses and couldn't see the bloody ball properly.
I was also only average at AFL, not fast enough on my feet.
Cross country I was a real bonus for those in charge, when I came in they knew everyone else would be in as no one was slower.

I was good at orienteering, obstacle courses and other punishing pursuits, because I just don't give in.
A black belt in martial arts, but in competition the best I ever achieved was third place, Others always seemed to be faster than I.
But with some weapons I was undefeated, knives, boe staff etc, but those bloody nun chucks are a menace, never could master those things.

I can build almost anything, have skills and qualifications in several engineering fields.
I have teaching /training qualifications and have trained people for the last 35 years in various fields.
I have been everything from a fitter to an engineering manager and have been good at them all.
I have rebuilt several bathrooms, kitchens and done considerable home maintenance for friends and family.

I will help anyone who asks and I hold a grudge for nasty people.
I am the local fix it guy that everyone comes to when in trouble and have done midnight gyprock repairs when a kid has damaged a wall and mom didn't want dad to know about it when he came home and put up fences i  the middle of the night to help keep pets in when a storm took out the fence.

I like most people, regardless of who the are.

Thats me

Unless of course, they are Indigenous, immigrant or Muslim, right, Valkie?  You really do delude yourself.  You may believe you're a nice bloke but deep down, you're a Racist/Xenophobic/Islamophobic fool.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Your comprehension is not all that good is it.
I have no problem with the Aboriginals, just the Culture of laziness and victim mentality.
It wouldn't matter if they were Abbo or white.

Have no problem with imigrants either, as I have stated many times, I have many immigrant friends and honestly believe that without these wonderful imigrants Australia would be so much the poorer.

Now as for islamaphobic, this make up word is just a way that this CULT tries to justify its self imposed isolation and abhorrent practices.
I have no phobia, I just do not trust, like or want this CULT in my country.
I don't like sewage, and take steps to ensure I never make contact with it, does that make me a sewaophobic?
I know coming into contact with sewage is bad for me, I'm not afraid of it, I just prefer to be away from it so that it does not contaminate me and my health.

This CULT, for that is exactly what it is, is known the world over for its abhorrent and barbaric practices, practices that it has brought with it to Australia.
You know what I mean.
Wife beating, Terrorism, Pedophelia marriage, FGM and pack rape.
These and other equally abhorrent, primitive and barbaric practices you refuse to admit to, but are never the less common and frequent in the secretive and isolated CULT membership.

You will never see this CULT for the evil it is, I know not why.
I have seen what countries that are ruled by this CULT are like, they are not nice places to visit.
The people, their own people, live in constant and total fear.
The religious leaders are continually fighting for power and kill without reason or compassion.
Women mean nothing to these people, they are treated like animals, beaten and murdered without a thought.

I watched a man have his hand and foot cut off on the street for some minor crime.
I ordered, cajoled and begged the driver to get away from this barbarity, but he was too frightened to drive away as this was a public punishment and to leave would be a bad thing.

Never have I been happier to leave a hell hole as I was that day.
And this you want to bring here.
It is not me who is the fool, it is you.
A fool for believing this CULT has anything worthy about it.
A fool for thinking that this CULT is anything but pure evil.
A fool for listening to the propaganda spewed forth by this lying, barbaric and brutal CULT.

You can tell me nothing of the good this cult does, because you know it does no good anywhere.
Every country infected by this CULT has suffered for it.
Have a look at what is going on in Sweden, go ahead, get on the web and see for yourself.
No go areas where the police do not dare to go.
Rapes, murders and barbaric practices all in the name of MuttHELLmud.

Call me an islamaphobe, I care not, I wear it as a badge of honor.
But a racist, never, that is your badge

Nope.  It sits squarely on your shirt, Valkie.

You may delude yourself but your attitude is racist in extremis.   What you describe as "laziness" and "victimhood" is not common amongst most Indigenous Australians.  I suspect you've never even met an Indigenous Australian, just as I suspect you've never met a Muslim.   Your ignorance, in the day of the World Wide Web is appalling.  It is obviously wilful and it is based upon prejudice and foolishness.  Run along to bed, Valkie.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #197 - Mar 4th, 2017 at 2:01am

yawn.  Think I'll snooze now...

live every day

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #198 - Mar 4th, 2017 at 2:50am

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 4:42pm:
Islam is a recognised religion around the world.   I am unsure why Islamophobes are afraid to admit that.   It's childish and silly.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

What are you trying to say? I have not seen anyone saying it's not one of the major religions of the world. I have seen people, myself included, that think it's a pretty f'd up religion, amongst religions, and it's culture and laws follow it everywhere.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #199 - Mar 4th, 2017 at 6:35am

Quote:
Nope.  It sits squarely on your shirt, Valkie.

You may delude yourself but your attitude is racist in extremis.   What you describe as "laziness" and "victimhood" is not common amongst most Indigenous Australians.  I suspect you've never even met an Indigenous Australian, just as I suspect you've never met a Muslim.   Your ignorance, in the day of the World Wide Web is appalling.  It is obviously wilful and it is based upon prejudice and foolishness.  Run along to bed, Valkie.

It is you who is in denial.
I have aboriginal friends of both the working and lazy brands.
The working ones generally look down on their lazy brethren with disdain.
They call them white Abbos, because, in most cases, they are.

My friends and I have had many discussions about the Aboriginal culture and we have argued and agreed on many points.
They are not blind or stupid, we all agree on one point though, its up to them to be better, not the white man to make them better.

As for Muslims, I have a few friends who are Muslims, not many granted, but a few.
One and all, they are not what a good muzzo would be happy with.
They drink beer, eat meat that is not slaughtered barbarically and left to bleed to death.
The only reason they don't forsake the CULT is that they actually fear the possible reprisals for their actions.
They have lost the faith and now have no belief in any religion.

I have had some acquaintances with Muslims when I was overseas and I find I do not trust them.
They do not trust each other and the barbaric practices I observed in the few short weeks I was there disgusted me.

I do not troll the WWW as it is tainted with propaganda and deceit.
I prefer to actually see with mine own eyes, but it can be useful in some instances when it shows things our Grubberment refuse to allow shown or hide from us.

So my inane friend.
It is you who have not seen the barbarity, the evil in this CULT.
You who seek to protect it from the justified scrutiny and judgement that is its due.
Wake up, or if you are the spokesperson for this CULT, just shut us as you are uncovered.
This CULT is evil, and those seeking to protect it are evil.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #200 - Mar 4th, 2017 at 8:11am

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 4:47pm:
Actually, I don't.  I am quite willing to accept that a great deal of the emphasis of the "Black Armband" viewpoint is based upon romanticism of how the Indigenous Australians lived.   Their lives tended to be nasty, brutish and unfortunately all too often short.   However, nor do I trumpet the "Three Cheers" view of historiography, CW.   I leave that to idiots like you.   What I do is point to the recognised historical research that proves what is claimed by the "Three Cheers" school is wrong.    You don't like facing up to the reality of what the Colonists did to their fellow Australians, do you?  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

the 'three cheers' view hasn't been taught for about 50 years. i think you'd struggle to find any australian history course taught today that puts settlement in a positive light. one course i took back in 2003 was all about 'sexism', 'racism', 'xenophobia' etc. i learnt nothing of how australia was settled or even any major event that shaped the country. any true history course needs to take into account the morality and major perspectives of the times. only then can people understand why things happened as they did. projecting 2017 morality back onto the past does nothing to understand the past. all it tells us is what the morals and values of today are.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #201 - Mar 5th, 2017 at 1:59am

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Mar 4th, 2017 at 8:11am:
Actually, I don't.  I am quite willing to accept that a great deal of the emphasis of the "Black Armband" viewpoint is based upon romanticism of how the Indigenous Australians lived.   Their lives tended to be nasty, brutish and unfortunately all too often short.   However, nor do I trumpet the "Three Cheers" view of historiography, CW.   I leave that to idiots like you.   What I do is point to the recognised historical research that proves what is claimed by the "Three Cheers" school is wrong.    You don't like facing up to the reality of what the Colonists did to their fellow Australians, do you?  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

the 'three cheers' view hasn't been taught for about 50 years. i think you'd struggle to find any australian history course taught today that puts settlement in a positive light. one course i took back in 2003 was all about 'sexism', 'racism', 'xenophobia' etc. i learnt nothing of how australia was settled or even any major event that shaped the country. any true history course needs to take into account the morality and major perspectives of the times. only then can people understand why things happened as they did. projecting 2017 morality back onto the past does nothing to understand the past. all it tells us is what the morals and values of today are.

When I did Australian History in High School.. 5th form ..  we learned NOTHING about the people displaced by European settlement.

I can only recall a  lot of dry legal stuff. Nothing that made me knowledgeable about the first people of the land.

Skippy was about as deep as it got, back then.

live every day

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #202 - Mar 5th, 2017 at 2:06am

Emma wrote on Mar 5th, 2017 at 1:59am:

When I did Australian History in High School.. 5th form ..  we learned NOTHING about the people displaced by European settlement.

I can only recall a  lot of dry legal stuff. Nothing that made me knowledgeable about the first people of the land.

Did you learn why people were sent here? That it was, for them, do as they had been taught by their transportation or die. We were told the the minimum as you cannot teach all in school, that's what history at Uni is for. It sucks, yes, but for those sent here it was do or die.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #203 - Mar 5th, 2017 at 8:45am

aren't you about 60?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #204 - Mar 5th, 2017 at 12:16pm

Maybe this should read - 'Aboriginals Adopted'....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #205 - Mar 5th, 2017 at 12:21pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 5th, 2017 at 2:06am:

Did you learn why people were sent here? That it was, for them, do as they had been taught by their transportation or die. We were told the the minimum as you cannot teach all in school, that's what history at Uni is for. It sucks, yes, but for those sent here it was do or die.

Argh- you old Fennian you..

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #206 - Mar 5th, 2017 at 3:40pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 8:24am:
Raven wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 1:34am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 1:06am:
Setanta wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 1:02am:
Raven wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 12:53am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 11:30pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 11:13pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 11:12pm:
[quote author=Brian_Ross link=1487646898/153#153 date=1488453606]Nope.  Never claimed I was born in 1957.   Not sure where you're getting that from...   Roll Eyes

Then I assumed wrong. I'm sure that someone here posted their birth year to be 1957. Oh well...

Not me. Mine's 1959. Obviously a good year.

Young punk......... 1949 was a good year.....

1984, rolls off the tongue beautifully. Such a great year.

1984... yeeee-ussshh... need I say more?

You're not ageist are you? Of course not, you enjoy indoor plumbing, though you rarely get to do the Charleston anymore. But at least you have fun at night using your Stereopticon.

I was referring to the book... sort of... hold nothing against know-all young punks who've done a great job of stuffing up the nation.... (just digging at you for fun - I stir a bit)...

The young punks stuffed up the nation hey?

From almost any vantage point you take, the Baby Boomers are the worst generation in world history.

"Back in my day" Raven has lost count over the number of times he has heard those four condescending words.

And while those pearls of wisdom are meant with good intentions a majority of the time, the fact remains things have changed. The world is unfortunately not the same simple place it was back when Baby Boomers and Generation X started out.

The truth is we are, ultimately, a product of our environment. We have inherited an unsavoury position, and we are doing the best with the lot we have been given.

Unfortunately, Generation Y still cops a lot of flack for things we have no control over. Baby Boomers (those born 1946 to 1964) were the most selfish generation in history and the next generations are paying the bill by being forced to enter the workforce debt-ridden.

After they got a free ride through secondary education, Baby Boomer pollies created HECS which leaves the majority of University-educated Millennials with lifelong debts.

Then we get criticised because we’re living with our parents longer than ever before.

But back in 1980, the median home price in Raven's home town of Darwin was only $37,500. With inflation taken into account, that would now be $148,947. For reference, the median home price hit $625,000 in 2015.

In other words, we’re now forking out over four times what people in the 80s were for a home. Not exactly fair.

Even the 2013 The Wealth of Generations report from the Grattan Institute found Millennials will be the first to have less wealth than the previous generation because they have been shut-out from the housing market.

Though this thread is not the place to talk about it.

Raven will start his own topic on this.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #207 - Mar 5th, 2017 at 3:53pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 4th, 2017 at 2:50am:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 4:42pm:
Islam is a recognised religion around the world.   I am unsure why Islamophobes are afraid to admit that.   It's childish and silly.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

What are you trying to say? I have not seen anyone saying it's not one of the major religions of the world. I have seen people, myself included, that think it's a pretty f'd up religion, amongst religions, and it's culture and laws follow it everywhere.

Valkie amongst others, claims that Islam is a "cult", not a religion.   Read more widely, Setanta, please.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #208 - Mar 5th, 2017 at 4:25pm

Yet we have the ex-Prime Minister, John Winston Howard and his coterie of cheer leaders who have espoused the Three Cheers school, who in fact actually identified the Black Armband for what it was, in their view.  They have endeavoured to change the school curricular towards their view.  To them, the colonists did no wrong, they committed no crimes and they hurt no one when they settled Australia.   Reality was somewhat different.  Today, we are in a pendulum swing back towards the middle, which is where it belongs.   Colonists committed grave errors, made great mistakes, killed Indigenous Australians, stole their land, destroyed their culture and their society and stole their children.  All established facts, admitted to by the States and Federal Government.  In doing so, they created modern Australia and all we can do today is admit our errors and attempt to fix the.  Today, Indigenous Australians have their property rights recognised, they have been apologised to, in South Australia they are seriously preparing a Treaty.    Time to wake up CW and smell the coffee.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #209 - Mar 5th, 2017 at 7:42pm

Raven wrote on Mar 5th, 2017 at 3:40pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 8:24am:
Raven wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 1:34am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 1:06am:
Setanta wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 1:02am:
Raven wrote on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 12:53am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 11:30pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 11:13pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 11:12pm:
[quote author=Brian_Ross link=1487646898/153#153 date=1488453606]Nope.  Never claimed I was born in 1957.   Not sure where you're getting that from...   Roll Eyes

Then I assumed wrong. I'm sure that someone here posted their birth year to be 1957. Oh well...

Not me. Mine's 1959. Obviously a good year.

Young punk......... 1949 was a good year.....

1984, rolls off the tongue beautifully. Such a great year.

1984... yeeee-ussshh... need I say more?

You're not ageist are you? Of course not, you enjoy indoor plumbing, though you rarely get to do the Charleston anymore. But at least you have fun at night using your Stereopticon.

I was referring to the book... sort of... hold nothing against know-all young punks who've done a great job of stuffing up the nation.... (just digging at you for fun - I stir a bit)...

The young punks stuffed up the nation hey?

From almost any vantage point you take, the Baby Boomers are the worst generation in world history.

"Back in my day" Raven has lost count over the number of times he has heard those four condescending words.

And while those pearls of wisdom are meant with good intentions a majority of the time, the fact remains things have changed. The world is unfortunately not the same simple place it was back when Baby Boomers and Generation X started out.

The truth is we are, ultimately, a product of our environment. We have inherited an unsavoury position, and we are doing the best with the lot we have been given.

Unfortunately, Generation Y still cops a lot of flack for things we have no control over. Baby Boomers (those born 1946 to 1964) were the most selfish generation in history and the next generations are paying the bill by being forced to enter the workforce debt-ridden.

After they got a free ride through secondary education, Baby Boomer pollies created HECS which leaves the majority of University-educated Millennials with lifelong debts.

Then we get criticised because we’re living with our parents longer than ever before.

But back in 1980, the median home price in Raven's home town of Darwin was only $37,500. With inflation taken into account, that would now be $148,947. For reference, the median home price hit $625,000 in 2015.

In other words, we’re now forking out over four times what people in the 80s were for a home. Not exactly fair.

Even the 2013 The Wealth of Generations report from the Grattan Institute found Millennials will be the first to have less wealth than the previous generation because they have been shut-out from the housing market.

Though this thread is not the place to talk about it.

Raven will start his own topic on this.

You're blaming all those hard-working, conscientious, loyal to the core people who raised this nation up - instead of looking fairly and squarely at the political class and the business class for stuffing things up for everyone?

How about you focus on the real baddies instead of throwing buckets of shot over all?  That might help your lazy lot get ahead...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26
Send Topic Print