Send Topic Print
Aboriginals adapted (Read 44578 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Aboriginals adapted
Feb 21st, 2017 at 1:14pm

So we're extolling the virtues of Aboriginals because they managed to pick up bits of broken glass and realised they were sharp and they could cut things with them.

The glass shows that Aboriginal people were here and were utilising new materials, changing their technology, their technique of making artifacts

Hang on what, new materials? Oh yeah, new materials to Aboriginals Smiley

I'd be impressed if they found pieces of glass, ground them to precision, put them inside a didgeridoo and used their brand new high power telescope to discover a new moon of Jupiter.   Cheesy

Finding a piece of glass on the ground and using it to cut things, I'd be impressed if a bonobo did that. Not a human.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-21/artefacts-show-coexistence-between-aborigi...

IBI

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Re: Aboriginals adapted
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 1:32pm

O.M.G

Are we really going down that path.
Genuflecting to some primitives who picked up a dit of discarded glass and calling it evolutionary advancement.

The next thing will be us extolling the skill and adaptability of Aboriginals in being able to use a toilet and mobile phone.

It just goes to show how little this culture realy has to offer.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 1:38pm

Valkie wrote on Feb 21st, 2017 at 1:32pm:
O.M.G

Genuflecting to some primitives who picked up a dit of discarded glass and calling it evolutionary advancement.

The next thing will be us extolling the skill and adaptability of Aboriginals in being able to use a toilet and mobile phone.

I'm not having a go at Abos here, but THIS is TRUE racism, the soft bigotry of lowered expectations.

IBI

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 1:49pm

O.M.G

Yes ... they even had Universities, ran export & import businesses and built stone houses/towns/a city

on a remote island off the West Australian coast.

Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 2:21pm

Gordon wrote on Feb 21st, 2017 at 1:38pm:
O.M.G

I'm not having a go at Abos here, but THIS is TRUE racism, the soft bigotry of lowered expectations.

Lol the classic but statement. I'm not racist or sexist or homophobic or having a go, but

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 2:36pm

what tells them aboriginals used the glass??>.

can someone explain that??..

they know the glass was there because of settlers....but looking at those pieces doesnt tell me  a thing about aboriginals being the ones that used it??....

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #6 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 2:37pm

Let me put this into perspective.

A more advanced culture throws away, discards, has no further use for some scrap material.
And a more primitive race pucks up this discarded rubbish and uses it, it is some sort of evidence of cultural advancement?

That means that those guys that recycle building materials and the homeless who use discarded stuff to build shelter are becoming more advanced?

Or is it that the bower bird is displaying even greater intellegence than our Aboriginals?
After all, it has been doing it for many many years.

There is also some birds that use sticks to dig out grubs and insects.
Can we even say that many bird species that use old abandoned containers and buildings are also more advanced than our Aboriginals?

Its a bloody stupid idea that using discarded materials is evidence of technological advancement.
More like clutching at straws if you ask me.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #7 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 2:45pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Feb 21st, 2017 at 2:21pm:
O.M.G

Lol the classic but statement. I'm not racist or sexist or homophobic or having a go, but

You misunderstood what I said. I'm having a go at the cultural revisionists who are elevating Aboriginal culture to something it just was not. They picked up bit of broken glass and realised it was sharp and they can use it. Big whoop.

IBI

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 3:02pm

Jesus, you racists must really hate the Chinese then.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #9 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 3:12pm

O.M.G

I can't help but agree. It's a pathetic excuse for Journalism.

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 5:50pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 21st, 2017 at 3:02pm:

Just cannot imagine what they think of those great copyists, the Japanese.  They lifted their entire culture from a medieval one to a modern, industrial one in two generations.  How did they do it?  By copying European nations (most notably the UK, France and Germany)...  Today, how do you look down on Japanese technology?   I expect so, 'cause they have slanty eyes, right?

Racists are such fools.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2017 at 6:34pm by Brian Ross »  

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #11 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 5:56pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 21st, 2017 at 5:50pm:

Just cannot imagine what they think of those great copyists, the Japanese.  They lifted their entire culture from a medieval one to a modern, industrial one in two generations.  How did they do it?  By copying European nations (most notably the UK, France and Germany)...  Today, do you look down on Japanese technology?   I expect so, 'cause they have slanty eyes, right?

Brian, they picked up a pieces of broken glass.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IBI

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 5:59pm

Why would the Chinese come into this discussion about Australian Aboriginals?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 6:02pm

Just cannot imagine what they think of those great copyists, the Japanese.  They lifted their entire culture from a medieval one to a modern, industrial one in two generations.  How did they do it?  By copying European nations (most notably the UK, France and Germany)...  Today, do you look down on Japanese technology?   I expect so, 'cause they have slanty eyes, right?

You're complete tosser Brian

even the most primative Japanese culture was more advanced than the subject matter.

As were the Chinese.

And it's probably early European & Asian explorers that left broken glass that Aboriginals found.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 6:07pm

Gnads wrote on Feb 21st, 2017 at 6:02pm:

You're complete tosser Brian

even the most primative Japanese culture was more advanced than the subject matter.

As were the Chinese.

And it's probably early European & Asian explorers that left broken glass that Aboriginals found. 

At least 1000 years of fine sword manufacture.
Oh, and they could build multi level houses   Grin Grin

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 26
Send Topic Print