Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Bob Day May Face Legal Challenge To Prevent Vote (Read 3667 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Bob Day May Face Legal Challenge To Prevent Vote
Reply #15 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 10:42am

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 9:56am:
cods wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 9:22am:
polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 9:19am:
In any case, letting him stay and vote surely does far more damage to the government than losing his one vote.

His vote is tainted - he was donating hundreds of thousands to Family First while he knew his company was going down the gurgler. Or to put it more bluntly, he was directly taking away money his company owed to his contractors and using it to bankroll his own political career. If its not illegal, it is most definitally unethical.

Let the libs keep their tainted vote and watch them squirm over the rank hypocricy of it.

you didnt have any problems accepting THOMOS vote for about 18 months..

whats the difference.??...

it hasnt come out yet where all Bobs money has gone......but he doesnt look the brothel type...

Yes, I heard Pyne using this argument, and was frankly surprised a senior minister would use such a flawed argument. The difference should be obvious: Thommo denied his charges and had the presumption of innocence until convicted in court - as our legal convention dictates. Day's behaviour, while probably not illegal, is not disputed - it is on the public record, and that recorded behaviour - of ripping out money from his failing company and donating it to his political party - is at the very least unethical and severely taints his vote.

you forget he then told the world he LIED like a pig he is in PARLIAMENT.....but thats ok we know how you lefties love double standards when their your own side of course...

it does more than taint his vote matey    he has just run for the Senate again just a few months back and it would be obvious to many that he was going down then... and basically had no right... 

if he was honest that is... which has been proven he is far from honest,.

I am sick of the people that manage to get themselves elected to run our country....

you dont seem to mind as long as he/she is a lefty...

but I DO.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 10:48am

Labor set the precedent with Craig Thomson.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 10:49am

200 bloody homes unfinished some for 3 years or more...some rotting  on their piers because no roof was ever installed....

thomo stole money from the lowest paid union members in the country and spent it all on pleasuring himself....then he lied liek the toad he is...

I do not see any difference at all....just because he got away with it.... yes he did...I am sure hes still living ina fine house..and will never ever pay back what he was told to pay back..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 10:51am

juliar wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 10:48am:

you dont seem to mind the Libs sinking to their low level..

well I do....

two wrongs dont make a right..

and I want to know how this guy was able to be re elected????>...

as voters we should be demanding protection from scumbags like him and thomo...

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 10:54am

bod day is just another self serving politician. I can't believe some on this forum actually praised him for his 'integrity' last week  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #20 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 1:45pm

Bob Day is not an undischarged bankrupt.  There goes that as a potential immediate disqualifier.  But......is he insolvent, and what mechanism is used to decide that?  If he is 'insolvent' he is gawn the instant insolvency becomes his personal financial condition.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 1:59pm

Good luck with that....  seems to me Labor will stop at noting to be obstructionist and beholden to the unions. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Hard to imagine a Senator on a Senator's salary being insolvent or bankrupt eh. Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 2:29pm

Grendel wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 1:59pm:
Good luck with that....  seems to me Labor will stop at noting to be obstructionist and beholden to the unions. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Hard to imagine a Senator on a Senator's salary being insolvent or bankrupt eh. Grin Grin Grin

Undeniably, there is a numbers game going on beneath all this stuff.  The Libs want/need his vote, so they have prevailed upon him to hang about, despite his financial circumstances, whether that is personal insolvency or whatever.

Day takes the time to reply to my emails, even though I have fully declared my political hand.  Ima gonna ask him direct, and see what he responds with.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #23 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 5:21am

Rubbish Thomson was thrown out of the party as soon as he was charged.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #24 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 5:25am

Section 44 (iii) of the constitution states: "Any person who is an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent, shall be incapable of being chosen or of sitting as a senator or a member of the House of Representatives."

He is the owner of a company that is insolvent. (full stop)  Strike 3 he is out, do not pass go do not place any senate votes - they will render the subsequent legislation invalid.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #25 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 5:26am

This is very bad legislation which need to be stopped. all should oppose it.

This is a standard in IR that they probably would not have got away with in Germany in the mid 1930's. This is a disgrace.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #26 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 6:11am

Dnarever wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 5:21am:

Rubbish Thomson was thrown out of the party as soon as he was charged.

I'm sorry....  Julia supported him for how long????? Grin

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #27 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 6:12am

Dnarever wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 5:26am:

This is a standard in IR that they probably would not have got away with in Germany in the mid 1930's. This is a disgrace.

The ABCC is not BAD legislation at all, bad for unions and employers that behave badly yes indeed. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 11:41am

Aussie wrote on Oct 27th, 2016 at 2:29pm:

Undeniably, there is a numbers game going on beneath all this stuff.  The Libs want/need his vote, so they have prevailed upon him to hang about, despite his financial circumstances, whether that is personal insolvency or whatever.

Day takes the time to reply to my emails, even though I have fully declared my political hand.  Ima gonna ask him direct, and see what he responds with.

Day got back to me.

Says he has had no discussions whatever with anyone from government regarding his voting intentions or whether he stays or goes.   He stressed ~ None.  Said that Government doesn’t need to ask him to stay and vote for various Bills eg ABCC, Marriage plebiscite etc,.  He made the odd comment that he is more committed to them than Government is.

Concerning his Company,  bids and offers for it closed yesterday and he will know over the next couple of days what the state of play is.   Given his prior comments about his position being untenable, again, oddly, he said he would not be making any decisions until he knows the result of the final bids/offers.

Straight out of the horse's mouth.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #29 - Oct 28th, 2016 at 12:05pm

Grendel wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 6:12am:
Dnarever wrote on Oct 28th, 2016 at 5:26am:

The ABCC is not BAD legislation at all, bad for unions and employers that behave badly yes indeed. Roll Eyes

Employers , craaaaaaaaaaaaap

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print