Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Feminism has been a force for...

Good    
  6 (31.6%)
Bad    
  13 (68.4%)

Total votes: 19
« Created by: Mistress Nicole on: Jun 15th, 2016 at 8:21pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Feminism: a force for good or evil? (Read 5271 times)
Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Feminism: a force for good or evil?
Reply #45 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 4:48pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 12:56pm:
Mistress Nicole wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 11:17am:
@ Culture Warrior

Quote:
The third wave is where 'victim' politics goes full retard. While the theory of oppression was also present in the previous two waves, it begins to concoct strange theories like a 'rape culture', 'micro-aggressions', and 'triggering'. It also extended the 'victim' politics to all minorities groups, regardless if they're victims or not. For example, a disabled, black, female Muslim would be granted the highest 'victim' status.

The task of feminism has been completed, and this is why they move onto being 'freedom fighters' for groups that have nothing to do with feminism.

You nailed it Culture Warrior. Succinct and spot on.

Rubbish.  That is totally rejected here:

Quote:
The third wave of feminism began in the mid-90's and was informed by post-colonial and post-modern thinking. In this phase many constructs were destabilized, including the notions of "universal womanhood," body, gender, sexuality and heteronormativity. An aspect of third wave feminism that mystified the mothers of the earlier feminist movement was the readoption by young feminists of the very lip-stick, high-heels, and cleavage proudly exposed by low cut necklines that the first two phases of the movement identified with male oppression. Pinkfloor expressed this new position when she said that it's possible to have a push-up bra and a brain at the same time.

The "grrls" of the third wave stepped onto the stage as strong and empowered, eschewing victimization and defining feminine beauty for themselves as subjects, not as objects of a sexist patriarchy. They developed a rhetoric of mimicry, which appropriated derogatory terms like "slut" and "bitch" in order to subvert sexist culture and deprive it of verbal weapons. The web is an important tool of "girlie feminism." E-zines have provided "cybergrrls" and "netgrrls" another kind of women-only space. At the same time — rife with the irony of third-wave feminism because cyberspace is disembodied — it permits all users the opportunity to cross gender boundaries, and so the very notion of gender has been unbalanced in a way that encourages experimentation and creative thought.

This is in keeping with the third wave's celebration of ambiguity and refusal to think in terms of "us-them." Most third-wavers refuse to identify as "feminists" and reject the word that they find limiting and exclusionary. Grrl-feminism tends to be global, multi-cultural, and it shuns simple answers or artificial categories of identity, gender, and sexuality. Its transversal politics means that differences such as those of ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, etc. are celebrated and recognized as dynamic, situational, and provisional. Reality is conceived not so much in terms of fixed structures and power relations, but in terms of performance within contingencies. Third wave feminism breaks boundaries.

Link

[url]http://www.pacificu.edu/about-us/news-events/four-waves-feminism[/url]

Oh dear...
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2016 at 4:53pm by Lisa Jones »  

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 5:05pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 4:48pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 12:56pm:
Mistress Nicole wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 11:17am:
@ Culture Warrior

Quote:
The third wave is where 'victim' politics goes full retard. While the theory of oppression was also present in the previous two waves, it begins to concoct strange theories like a 'rape culture', 'micro-aggressions', and 'triggering'. It also extended the 'victim' politics to all minorities groups, regardless if they're victims or not. For example, a disabled, black, female Muslim would be granted the highest 'victim' status.

The task of feminism has been completed, and this is why they move onto being 'freedom fighters' for groups that have nothing to do with feminism.

You nailed it Culture Warrior. Succinct and spot on.

Rubbish.  That is totally rejected here:

Quote:
The third wave of feminism began in the mid-90's and was informed by post-colonial and post-modern thinking. In this phase many constructs were destabilized, including the notions of "universal womanhood," body, gender, sexuality and heteronormativity. An aspect of third wave feminism that mystified the mothers of the earlier feminist movement was the readoption by young feminists of the very lip-stick, high-heels, and cleavage proudly exposed by low cut necklines that the first two phases of the movement identified with male oppression. Pinkfloor expressed this new position when she said that it's possible to have a push-up bra and a brain at the same time.

The "grrls" of the third wave stepped onto the stage as strong and empowered, eschewing victimization and defining feminine beauty for themselves as subjects, not as objects of a sexist patriarchy. They developed a rhetoric of mimicry, which appropriated derogatory terms like "slut" and "bitch" in order to subvert sexist culture and deprive it of verbal weapons. The web is an important tool of "girlie feminism." E-zines have provided "cybergrrls" and "netgrrls" another kind of women-only space. At the same time — rife with the irony of third-wave feminism because cyberspace is disembodied — it permits all users the opportunity to cross gender boundaries, and so the very notion of gender has been unbalanced in a way that encourages experimentation and creative thought.

This is in keeping with the third wave's celebration of ambiguity and refusal to think in terms of "us-them." Most third-wavers refuse to identify as "feminists" and reject the word that they find limiting and exclusionary. Grrl-feminism tends to be global, multi-cultural, and it shuns simple answers or artificial categories of identity, gender, and sexuality. Its transversal politics means that differences such as those of ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, etc. are celebrated and recognized as dynamic, situational, and provisional. Reality is conceived not so much in terms of fixed structures and power relations, but in terms of performance within contingencies. Third wave feminism breaks boundaries.

Link

[url]http://www.pacificu.edu/about-us/news-events/four-waves-feminism[/url]

Oh dear...

Aussies ten second search of Google and subsequent copy paste supports my views, not yours.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #47 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 5:08pm

It wasn't your view at all.  You coat-tailed on Culture Warrior.

Your view is that this third wave is 'insane' because they fake orgasms, not that there's anything wrong with that.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #48 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 5:10pm

Ha!

Oh give up Nicole Grin

You've been sprung TWICE.

By me and by Aussie.

It's probably a good idea for you to log off now and come back next week with another id.

Don't worry, we'll all play the same game we played with your latest nic Nicole...the game of pretending we've never seen you before lol Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #49 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 5:12pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 5:10pm:
Ha!

Oh give up  Grin

It's probably a good idea for you to log off now and come back next week with another id.

Don't worry, we'll play the same game we played with your latest nic Nicole...the game of pretending we've never seen you before lol Roll Eyes

I am no part of your 'we,' Lisa Jones.

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 7:45pm

Ha!

Oh give up Nicole Grin

By me and by Aussie.

Don't worry, we'll all play the same game we played with your latest nic Nicole...the game of pretending we've never seen you before lol Roll Eyes

No worries Lisa - I'm probably less knowledgable of feminism than you are.

What do today's feminists actually stand for, in your considered opinion?

Cheers,
Nicole

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #51 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 8:23pm

Mistress Nicole wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 7:45pm:
Ha!

Oh give up Nicole Grin

By me and by Aussie.

Cheers,
Nicole

Oh dear....it's "knowledgeable" NOT "knowledgable"  Grin

IP Logged

Mistress Nicole
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 8:40pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 8:23pm:
Ha!

Oh give up Nicole Grin
The

By me and by Aussie.

Cheers,
Nicole

You appear to be afraid (unable) to answer the question posed. That was,

What do today's  feminists stand for, in your considered opinion?

Inquiring minds are interested in content, not easily made typos on iPads.

Produce your answer to my question, if you can, or suffer   the fate of being seen as blow-in piss and wind with cut n pastes from wiiki sites

Cheers,
Nicole
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2016 at 8:50pm by Mistress Nicole »  

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #53 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 8:58pm

Mistress Nicole wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 8:40pm:
Ha!

Oh give up Nicole Grin

By me and by Aussie.

Cheers,
Nicole

You appear to be afraid (unale) to answer the question posed. That was,

Produce your answer to my question, if you can, or Suffer  the fate of being seen as blow-in piss and wind with cut n pastesfrom wiiki posts.

Cheers,
Nicole

It's ever so easy to spot your posts.

They're defined by poor spelling and grammar.

And as regards your ludicrous question....how about you get your lazy, multi troll finger out and google/read up on the different types of feminist theories which exist.

Oh and see if you can catch the 4th Wave whilst you're at it.

One last thing, whilst at Sydney Uni, I focussed on Marxist Feminism. I enjoyed learning all about this very "unhappy marriage". My lecturer was a very interesting and well known feminist/activist. She challenged us. How? By never giving us answers. She expected us to work things out for ourselves. Perhaps that's something you could have a go at. Food for thought hey "Nicole".i

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 9:14pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 8:58pm:
Mistress Nicole wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 8:40pm:
Ha!

Oh give up Nicole Grin

By me and by Aussie.

Cheers,
Nicole

You appear to be afraid (unale) to answer the question posed. That was,

Produce your answer to my question, if you can, or Suffer  the fate of being seen as blow-in piss and wind with cut n pastesfrom wiiki posts.

Cheers,
Nicole

It's ever so easy to spot your posts.

They're defined by poor spelling and grammar.

And as regards your ludicrous question....how about you get your lazy, multi troll finger out and google/read up on the different types of feminist theories which exist.

Oh and see if you can catch the 4th Wave whilst you're at it.

One last thing, whilst at Sydney Uni, I focussed on Marxist Feminism. I enjoyed learning all about this very "unhappy marriage". My lecturer was a very interesting and well known feminist/activist. She challenged us. How? By never giving us answers. She expected us to work things out for ourselves. Perhaps that's something you could have a go at. Food for thought hey "Nicole".i

Interesting debate question, "what do today's feminists stand for..." In a thread titled Feminism: a force for good or evil. 

And the best response the Uni educated in Marxist feminism Lisa can muster is........ go google. 

Brilliant.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #55 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 9:17pm

Oh dear.

Another multi troll nic.

How predictable and apt  Roll Eyes

Isn't it funny how you hardly post here using that nic Secret Wars...yet our "newbie" Nicole singled YOU out as one of her favourite posters....within a few days of joining OzPol.

Grin
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2016 at 9:25pm by Lisa Jones »  

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 9:36pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
Oh dear.

Another multi troll nic.

How predictable and apt  Roll Eyes

Isn't it funny how you hardly post here using that nic Secret Wars...yet our "newbie" Nicole singled YOU out as one of her favourite posters....within a few days of joining OzPol.

Grin

Check with Aussie, he thinks I am you.   Grin

PS, wanna crack at the question or are you sticking with go google  and happy for that know-nothing riposte to be the measure of your uni honed debating skills in Marxist feminism?   

Serial, go Google is all you got?    Cheesy Grin Grin 

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #57 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 9:48pm

You're obviously too clueless to understand the ramifications of your volunteered admissions  Grin

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 9:58pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 9:48pm:
You're obviously too clueless to understand the ramifications of your volunteered admissions  Grin

No sign of you offering more than go google then.

Unable to debate or offer anything from your uni studies?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #59 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 12:12am

A wolf in sheep's clothing, purporting to offer women 'rights' by destroying the Rights of others, and purporting to offer women 'equality' when all it does in reality is provide nice little earners for the 'insiders', while doing nothing of value for the ordinary woman, who is, overall, worse off under the 'liberated society' than she was forty years ago..... along with everyone else including her own children.

'Feminism' never 'fought' for anything - it played on the soft side of politicians who were only too happy to give the girls a go - now it has gotten totally out of hand and has become a female supremacy movement and not anything approaching equality at all, and it rides almost entirely on the very patriarchal society it claims to be bringing down, since it uses every opportunity to obtain THROUGH that social structure basically anything it demands, without thought or consideration for the often dire outcomes for other totally innocent people.

It is a confused set of utterances which bear out nothing - an example is that 'affirmative action' rather than creating 'equal women' - actually uncreated equal men while actively offering sustenance to the 'patriarchal' style of marriage, by artificially creating the Mandatory Dual Income Family - something nowhere more apparent in its economic success than with 'traditional' married couples - i.e. for LIFE!  All others are chopped off at the knees, and are lucky to have anything.

It is a cancer on the breast of society itself.... and needs to be extirpated as soon as possible.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print