Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
Fluoride Classified As A Neurotoxin (Read 21496 times)
The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Fluoride Classified As A Neurotoxin
Reply #135 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:18am

Tap wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:00am:
related to dosage. 

And that is the key to the whole pseudo science that surrounds fluoride, vaccinations and all the other nonsense that belongs on the fringe forum.

Everything is toxic if given in a high enough dosage - including distilled water.
The fluoride in water is a safe dosage.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Tap

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:55am

The_Barnacle wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:18am:
related to dosage. 

And that is the key to the whole pseudo science that surrounds fluoride, vaccinations and all the other nonsense that belongs on the fringe forum.

Everything is toxic if given in a high enough dosage - including distilled water.

Exactly my point. Cow's milk, which we all freely drink (children & adults) was proven to cause cancer in lab rats, but to be similarly dangerous to humans one would have to ingest something like over 25 liters a day for over 15 years!

Fluoride, as commonly used in almost every advanced societies drinking water, is used at an extremely low level, far below that of the mildest levels of toxicity.

But the nanny in some people causes them to condemn everything good discovered to benefit mankind, & has proven to save thousands fold more people than have gotten the sight side-effects, who have used these wonderful discoveries/medicines/chemicals.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #137 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 3:59pm

Well how come most european countries have banned it in their water???
It's toxic and attacks the peneal gland. Probably why we get walked all over with new laws etc. Decision making process is non existent.

What about people on tank water with beautiful teeth?
It is for our teeth, isn't it?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #138 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 4:08pm

Why should we ingest something the govt says is good for our teeth? Should a government be medicating us? How abotu the folic acid and soy in flour?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #139 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 4:11pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 3:59pm:
It's toxic and attacks the peneal gland. Probably why we get walked all over with new laws etc. Decision making process is non existent.

You mean the pineal gland.  And apart from correlating with pineal calcification, all the literature says a lot of mays.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #140 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 4:14pm

Tap wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:55am:
The_Barnacle wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 10:18am:
related to dosage. 

Exactly my point. Cow's milk, which we all freely drink (children & adults) was proven to cause cancer in lab rats, but to be similarly dangerous to humans one would have to ingest something like over 25 liters a day for over 15 years!

Fluoride, as commonly used in almost every advanced societies drinking water, is used at an extremely low level, far below that of the mildest levels of toxicity.

But the nanny in some people causes them to condemn everything good discovered to benefit mankind, & has proven to save thousands fold more people than have gotten the sight side-effects, who have used these wonderful discoveries/medicines/chemicals.

1 study in 1968 linked high amounts of casein to liver cancer.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #141 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 4:49pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 4:11pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 3:59pm:

You mean the pineal gland.  And apart from correlating with pineal calcification, all the literature says a lot of mays.

Yep...that's the one.
Either way...massive protest in europe tells me we may not be getting the total story. Not just one country....the majority.

I find it rather offensive that we haven't got a say "personally" as to weather we want ro ingest it. Not a vote of majority....this is personal choices being violated by our gov. They're good at that.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #142 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 9:53am

But hers the point...Captain.....may.

Not does, not probably does, may.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #143 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 10:01am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 9:53am:

many blessings ..

typical weasel words from a drugged up vaccine addict

some have made mention .. lets look at evidence and facts 

https://openparachute.wordpress.com/2018/01/31/yet-another-fluoride-iq-study/

Yet another fluoride-IQ study

s with most of these fluoride-IQ studies this one is only relevant to areas of endemic fluorosis (This is from a UNESCO paper and has been corrected for New Zealand. Identification of fluorosis in a country does not imply the whole country is high fluoride).

Yes, it’s a bit like groundhog day. Another fluoride-IQ study – and we expect this to be followed by another round of claims by anti-fluoride propagandists that this is the death knell to community water fluoridation. That this study provides the “irrefutable proof” that fluoride is a “neurotoxin.”

But that interpretation is completely wrong. This new study does nothing of the sort – in fact, quite the opposite.

The new study is:

Duan, Q., Jiao, J., Chen, X., & Wang, X. (2017). Association between water fluoride and the level of children’s intelligence: a dose-response meta-analysis.  https://doi.org/10.1016/j.puhe.2017.08.013

Now, why is this study absolutely useless for those opposing community water fluoridation?

It is not relevant to community water fluoridation
Because it is about a problem in areas of endemic fluorosis – where fluoride dietary intakes are much higher than where community water fluoridation exists.

From its first sentence it concentrates on fluorosis:

“Fluorosis is a progressive degenerative disease that causes skeletal fluorosis and dental fluorosis.”

And

“Currently, about 500 million people are exposed to environments high in fluoride content, while the incidence of fluorosis has already reached 200 million people worldwide.”

It’s not new research – it’s a meta-analysis of existing studies. Only studies dealing with areas of endemic fluorosis are considered in the meta-analysis. For example, the New Zealand (Broadbent et al., 2014) and Canadian (Barberio et a., 2017) papers which actually studied effects on IQ of community water fluoridation are not included. Nor is the Swedish study (Aggeborn & Öhman, 2016) which considered drinking water fluoride concentrations similar to that used in community water fluoridation.  So far these are the only reliable studies which considered low fluoride concentrations and they all show no effect of fluoride on IQ.

It is concerned with health effects in areas of endemic fluorosis
The meta-analysis includes 26 published studies in the meta-analysis. Most of the papers refer to “high fluoride water,” “fluorosis areas,” “endemic fluorosis” or similar terms in their titles. Low fluoride areas were only considered in the studies as “controls” and studies from areas of community water fluoridation were excluded.

Most of the considered studies simply compared IQ levels in “low fluoride” areas and “high fluoride” areas.  The mean drinking water fluoride concentration in the low fluoride levels of these studies was 0.6 mg/L (0.25 – 1.03 mg/L) and in the high fluoride areas, the mean drinking water concentration was  3.7 mg/L (0.8 – 11 mg/L).

As you can see the control or low fluoride areas, where the studies assumed there were no effects on IQ, have drinking water concentrations similar to that used in community water fluoridation (usually about 0.7 or 0.8 mg/L).

Yes, these studies did show statistically significant differences in IQ levels between the low and high fluoride areas. This is something for health authorities in areas of endemic fluorosis to be concerned about. And this, together with a range of other known health effects of excessive dietary fluoride intake, is the reason why attempts are made to reduce the fluoride levels in drinking water supplies in those areas.

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #144 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 10:03am

(We started the video at 18 minutes in; but the whole video is worth watching.)

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #145 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 10:20am

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.puhe.2017.08.013

THis study is an excellent meta analysis but can you tell me why its not relevant i am the light?

Think dose.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #146 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 10:31am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 10:20am:
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.puhe.2017.08.013

THis study is an excellent meta analysis but can you tell me why its not relevant i am the light?

Think dose.

oh dose you say ??

from privatized water plants ..

and also a certain poster here , and

probably does not want the public to know about these health concerns he and his family may be guzzling down

Setanta wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 8:35pm:
I have a premonition IITL, fringe.

what a champ ..

http://www.fluoridefreefairbanks.org/Fluoridation%20Accidents%20Local%20Coverage...

Damage control after fluoride blunder hits homes

Brisbane Australia
Population - 2 million

The Courier-Mail (Queensland, Australia)
May 15, 2009
by Patrick Lion

THOUSANDS of households had to wait almost a fortnight to be told they had drunk water containing 20 times the allowable limit of fluoride.

The Bligh Government was in damage control last night, after admitting 300,000 litres of contaminated water were pumped into up to 4000 Brisbane homes for three hours on May 1.

The blunder went undiscovered for 12 days after a shutdown at the North Pine Dam treatment plant meant a routine daily test on April 29 was not processed until this week.

Queensland Health has insisted the risk of illness was "extremely remote" but the public relations disaster comes after promises fluoride was completely safe when the initiative began last year.

The investigation will also focus on why at least three safety devices failed at the plant, supplying homes in the northern suburbs of Brendale and Warner with 30mg/L of fluoride, when the limit is 1.5mg/L.

Premier Anna Bligh yesterday said the turnaround time for the test was unavoidable due to the shutdown, but admitted concern over the overdose.

"This is unacceptable and I, like other Queenslanders, have questions about it, and I'm not happy," she said.

"We're unaware of any precedent in any other fluoride treatment plant."

But Opposition Leader John-Paul Langbroek, a pro-fluoride dentist, said the two-week test delay was too long.

"Some people didn't want this, but they told us the processes would be safe," he said.

The bungle occurred when fluoride continued to mix into water when the treatment plant was shut down for routine maintenance late last month.

When the plant resumed operations on May 1, the overdosed water discharged into household supplies between 9am and noon.

SEQWater normally receives the results on the same day but The Courier-Mail understands the bulk supplier failed to test the water before its release after the shutdown.

It is understood the failure meant plant operator LinkWater tested the water further down the line, with its testing taking 12 days instead of SEQWater's normal same-day result.

LinkWater received the test results back on Tuesday.

SEQ Water was told on Wednesday before the Premier was told later that night.

Queensland Health chief health officer Jeannette Young yesterday said there had been no complaints of gastroenteritis, which would have produced diarrhoea and vomiting within 24 hours.

Letters had not been received by households last night and angry residents were contacting The Courier-Mail about the lack of information.

Fluoride My Choice campaigner Selwyn Johnston last night proposed a class action.

"I'd be bloody outraged if it was me," he said.

The plant has been switched off since the findings.
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2018 at 10:42am by it_is_the_light »  

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #147 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 10:34am

SO how is that fluorides problem?

And its a dose time relationship, you won't get flurosis from one glass of water with higher fluoride levels.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #148 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 10:36am

But off to get my flu shot, so I suspect i'm going to get the autisms.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #149 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 10:46am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 9:53am:

I couldn't give a toss what some so called expert prints as their opinional jargon. A lot of experts get things wrong too.
I don't want flouride in the water that I pay for. That is fair....is it not? That is MY basic right as a human.....is it not?

I have no problem with YOU allowing yourself to ingest this toxin, that is YOUR decission and I grant you the right to that decission. Seems you don't grant me that same right or you wish to show "expert" analysis on something that....well....is an individuals decission to make imo.
The only time " experts" should get involved is when we as individuals have the decission to make ourselves. It's called choices. In this case, we have no choice, we are told "it is okay".
They said smoking was okay back in the 40s and 50s. Took 40yrs for them to wake up to the fact that it MAY cause lung cancer.....because there have been people die of old age (90+) yet have smoked their entire life.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print