lee wrote on Apr 13
th, 2016 at 3:20pm:
John. you really are too paranoid. I merely passed on an interesting tit bit. It also appears to be affecting BoM.
.
Of course you did. I was just adding my slant to that interesting tit bit.
Relax, I would never accuse you of trying to cast doubt on climate data.
Quote:Please note that our daily sea ice images, derived from microwave measurements, may show spurious pixels in areas where sea ice may not be present. These artifacts are generally caused by coastline effects, or less commonly by severe weather.
and
Quote:Isolated areas of missing data occasionally occur in near-real-time sea ice data. The daily extent map shows any areas of missing data as dark gray regions, speckles, or spider web patterns. However, in the time series chart we account for the missing data by averaging the extent for that region from the day before and the day after the gap, a mathematical technique called interpolation. Interpolation is an appropriate approach because ice cover changes slowly.