Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Acting Locally FOR the environment (Read 9140 times)
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Acting Locally FOR the environment
Mar 29th, 2016 at 11:57pm
 
I am a person who has cared for a small plot (1.005 hectares )  a little over 2 1/2 acres... of remnant trees and a riparian corridor , a permanent creek,   which feeds a significant local river system, since 2000. I have lived here since 1988, but it wasn't until my husband and I separated and divorced that I could work to improve the land. He had other ideas Roll Eyes Roll Eyes I kept the land.. paid for ... to all you mysogynists.!!

As well as my own physical labor and input I have also utilised available council assistance through the local "Land For Wildlife'' program to help maintain the pristine nature of this small piece of paradise.

I find myself in conflict with a neighbour, who thinks it is his right to rip out all the lower storey habitat, so its mowable. This creek has never been touched before. EVER.

Since late 2014, when I first became aware that these people were 'doing something'.. ( I reported it to the relevant authorities .. NEWMAN GOVT).  Was told  Oh I'm just answering the phone,, oh  he shouldn't be doing that... I'll leave a message for the person responsible for that region... BUT don't hold your breathe..... 
so here we are in March 2016. Nothing from the state dept.

The destruction and vandalism continues.

In the meantime, I alerted the Council.  THEY did attend.. but concluded that they had no powers to decide,  and 'he was entitled to do as he chose on his land'.

Not according to state legislation, and federal Law .. under the Nature Conservation Act it is classed as Essential Habitat. I have a map from 2003 to prove it.. but nope the local Council said it was up to me to pursue it with the relevant body,  and told the neighbours they can do as they please.. it is their land.  WRONG. Angry Angry

SO...

TODAY  .. I woke to the sound of chainsaws. They had been clearing and burning the undergrowth below my neighbours place yesterday, and today it was below MY place.

Incensed at their idiocy, I charged down to the creek and told them they were fwits,, and why.!! etc etc

The father and son had previously heard from me, and the father had actually entered my property and approached me to within 1 metre, to directly challenge me, because I was taking pictures of their activities.
He proceeded to abuse me verbally,  in no uncertain terms, then subtly threatened me, if the photos I took were a problem. I hadn't sent the photos to the Council, as they declared they had no jurisdiction.
TODAY HOWEVER  is another matter.!!! Angry Angry Angry

Today ... Smiley  my 5nth birthday I had had enough .
So I,m down there in the bush in my thongs and shorts, yelling at these morons.
The son repeated their spurious reasons for their actions...  the father ignored me, choosing to continue to chainsaw the area... but the son got angry.. took several steps towards me and threw a machete at me. !

Well I just stood there and watched the thing get caught up on some brush and lower habitat on MY PART of that creek....  it was never going to get near me... BUT... not nice to throw a machete at someone is it.?

SO  ???
No point in official complaint to police  ( he said,she said) ......so I rang the appropriate BODY... was told to email info and any photos .

I DID THAT.

RECEIVED.

WE WILL SEE IF ANYTHING OCCURS.

So I guess I wonder why anyone would choose to destroy essential irreplaceable habitat to achieve a 'nice'look, or whatever..??

How selfish are we at heart.?  when it comes to environmental issues.??.




.
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 12:02am
 
One of my dogs has been barking in the direction of the creek.
I called her in... but can PLAINLY SEE FIRE COALS GLOWING down in the creek. Disgusting creeps.  Sad
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 12:08am
 
Emma wrote on Mar 29th, 2016 at 11:57pm:
I am a person who has cared for a small plot (1.005 hectares )  a little over 2 1/2 acres... of remnant trees and a riparian corridor , a permanent creek,   which feeds a significant local river system, since 2000. I have lived here since 1988, but it wasn't until my husband and I separated and divorced that I could work to improve the land. He had other ideas Roll Eyes Roll Eyes I kept the land.. paid for ... to all you mysogynists.!!

As well as my own physical labor and input I have also utilised available council assistance through the local "Land For Wildlife'' program to help maintain the pristine nature of this small piece of paradise.

I find myself in conflict with a neighbour, who thinks it is his right to rip out all the lower storey habitat, so its mowable. This creek has never been touched before. EVER.

Since late 2014, when I first became aware that these people were 'doing something'.. ( I reported it to the relevant authorities .. NEWMAN GOVT).  Was told  Oh I'm just answering the phone,, oh  he shouldn't be doing that... I'll leave a message for the person responsible for that region... BUT don't hold your breathe..... 
so here we are in March 2016. Nothing from the state dept.

The destruction and vandalism continues.

In the meantime, I alerted the Council.  THEY did attend.. but concluded that they had no powers to decide,  and 'he was entitled to do as he chose on his land'.

Not according to state legislation, and federal Law .. under the Nature Conservation Act it is classed as Essential Habitat. I have a map from 2003 to prove it.. but nope the local Council said it was up to me to pursue it with the relevant body,  and told the neighbours they can do as they please.. it is their land.  WRONG. Angry Angry

SO...

TODAY  .. I woke to the sound of chainsaws. They had been clearing and burning the undergrowth below my neighbours place yesterday, and today it was below MY place.

Incensed at their idiocy, I charged down to the creek and told them they were fwits,, and why.!! etc etc

The father and son had previously heard from me, and the father had actually entered my property and approached me to within 1 metre, to directly challenge me, because I was taking pictures of their activities.
He proceeded to abuse me verbally,  in no uncertain terms, then subtly threatened me, if the photos I took were a problem. I hadn't sent the photos to the Council, as they declared they had no jurisdiction.
TODAY HOWEVER  is another matter.!!! Angry Angry Angry

Today ... Smiley  my 5nth birthday I had had enough .
So I,m down there in the bush in my thongs and shorts, yelling at these nice people.
The son repeated their spurious reasons for their actions...  the father ignored me, choosing to continue to chainsaw the area... but the son got angry.. took several steps towards me and threw a machete at me. !

Well I just stood there and watched the thing get caught up on some brush and lower habitat on MY PART of that creek....  it was never going to get near me... BUT... not nice to throw a machete at someone is it.?

SO  ???
No point in official complaint to police  ( he said,she said) ......so I rang the appropriate BODY... was told to email info and any photos .

I DID THAT.

RECEIVED.

WE WILL SEE IF ANYTHING OCCURS.

So I guess I wonder why anyone would choose to destroy essential irreplaceable habitat to achieve a 'nice'look, or whatever..??

How selfish are we at heart.?  when it comes to environmental issues.??.




.

If a machete is thrown you put it in writing.

Then you've got the documents, if you survive, to show others!

Don't bugger around!!
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 12:09am
 
Emma wrote on Mar 30th, 2016 at 12:02am:
One of my dogs has been barking in the direction of the creek.
I called her in... but can PLAINLY SEE FIRE COALS GLOWING down in the creek. Disgusting creeps.  Sad

What are you saying?

Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 3:16am
 
they have been burning the undergrowth.  Midnight.. Dog barking.. 

No drama... but I assure you I'll be down the creek tomorrow, using my new smart phone  Roll Eyes Tongue  and photographing and sending the pics to the appropriate authorities.  Will they do anything.?  F'n oath  ços I'll be watching..   Smiley
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #5 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 4:43am
 
Emma wrote on Mar 30th, 2016 at 3:16am:
they have been burning the undergrowth.  Midnight.. Dog barking.. 

No drama... but I assure you I'll be down the creek tomorrow, using my new smart phone  Roll Eyes Tongue  and photographing and sending the pics to the appropriate authorities.  Will they do anything.?  F'n oath  ços I'll be watching..   Smiley

All under control then:  Cheesy

Yeh bugger 'em!!
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #6 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 7:27pm
 
Well I got  a reply, and some sat pics to identify the offending property owners.

We are not talking about hectares and hectares of damage.. this is a creek, and the small area affected is vital for diversity in this hugely over-developed area.

Sad really.. we have Lendlease and Stocklands devastating huge areas of koala and other native animal habitat, so they can create mini-cities, with no apparent infrastructure like connecting roads, shops, or reasonable public transport. These are destined to spawn one enormous ghetto city reaching from The Northern Sunshine Coast to the border of NSW.

Horror.

But I can't do anything about that.  All I can do is protect what I can, for as long as I can.


Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #7 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 10:15pm
 
did take a couple of pics..today.  (  Loooong distance.. Smiley)

will send them on.
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #8 - Mar 31st, 2016 at 9:10pm
 
well for anyone who cares.. I have made contact with an officer of the appropriate department
...  He was happy to let me speak.  Then he said... to all intents and purposes, that the area of land involved was not significant enough in size or impact to put it on their 'priority' list.  ie likely do nothing.

I have had further discussions with this person, and have provided him with more data.
UMMMMM.. I think as much as he agrees that the actions are wrong in law... they really don't have the culture funding or commitment to pursue the matter.

Sigh  it is a sad day ...   as I pointed out to him, having had to deal with various agencies on this, over a couple of yrs,  that there is no co-ordination between agencies. It is virtually impossible to get these people out of their comfy roles,  and desk chairs.!!
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #9 - Mar 31st, 2016 at 11:56pm
 
Emma wrote on Mar 31st, 2016 at 9:10pm:
well for anyone who cares.. I have made contact with an officer of the appropriate department
...  He was happy to let me speak.  Then he said... to all intents and purposes, that the area of land involved was not significant enough in size or impact to put it on their 'priority' list.  ie likely do nothing.

I have had further discussions with this person, and have provided him with more data.
UMMMMM.. I think as much as he agrees that the actions are wrong in law... they really don't have the culture funding or commitment to pursue the matter.

Sigh  it is a sad day ...   as I pointed out to him, having had to deal with various agencies on this, over a couple of yrs,  that there is no co-ordination between agencies. It is virtually impossible to get these people out of their comfy roles,  and desk chairs.!!

You can only do what you can do.

Put it in writing, firstly.

Secondly: did you tell him fire was involved? You may not be able to tell him it was a direct threat to person but a possible show of intimidation, perhaps?!!?

I mean, was it an act of intimidation?

Good you're on the front foot tho!
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #10 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 3:58am
 
Yes ... more activity..today  whipper snippering and burning. Sad

And yes .. I advised of the fires and other stuff too, like how they chopped down and removed the lower story trees like Casuarina, Red Ash and Wattle. I  rang him back and pointed out that the photos I'd sent him clearly showed them using a çhipper or mulcher to remove the smaller left- over branches... etc etc..

I referred him to Habitat and Eco system maps showing that this small bit of land was unique and important.

I haven't given up yet.
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #11 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 4:42am
 
Emma wrote on Apr 1st, 2016 at 3:58am:
Yes ... more activity..today  whipper snippering and burning. Sad

And yes .. I advised of the fires and other stuff too, like how they chopped down and removed the lower story trees like Casuarina, Red Ash and Wattle. I  rang him back and pointed out that the photos I'd sent him clearly showed them using a çhipper or mulcher to remove the smaller left- over branches... etc etc..

I referred him to Habitat and Eco system maps showing that this small bit of land was unique and important.

I haven't given up yet.

Jebus: that's theft!!
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #12 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 10:48pm
 
Seems Dnrm  Qld  isn't very interested. I continue to pursue the matter.

This bad neighbour has claimed he was clearing away weeds, among other 'reasons'. Funny though .. he has left behind, in all their bloom, Easter Cassia's.. which are exotic (ie Not native)  and are hugely invasive in the Aussie bush and are a declared weed.  Plus he has been planting god know's what.!! Sad Sad

It is a crime.  and the dept are being extremely cagey.

At least I CARE.  When I talked to the govt contact.. his remark was... sounds like my neighbour.  !!

Well stuff that... I bet your land isn't 'protected' in Law.  For what good that is. Sad
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
John_Taverner
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 2217
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #13 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 9:23am
 
DERM have bigger fish to fry. You might have more luck with the local council if the "bad neighbour" is clearing land that he doesn't own.

Councils tend to be more interested in keeping properties free of overgrowth to minimise the risk of bush fire. Exotics such as Lantana, water hyacinth in creeks or Chinese violet can also take over and are regarded as more of a priority for them.

With limited staff, your enquiry is probably way down the list.
Back to top
 
72+Adelaide+Street  
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #14 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 10:08pm
 
Indeed indeed. Sad

Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Ajax
Gold Member
*****
Offline


CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Posts: 11070
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #15 - Apr 20th, 2016 at 6:03pm
 
Strange in the city you have a tree growing on your land and you have to build your house around the tree..FFS

Machete, that's criminal should have had your mobile camera running.

Environmental movement not what its cracked up to be.

Back to top
 

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #16 - Apr 20th, 2016 at 11:20pm
 
when you think about it, the environmental movement is made up of people like me. 
It isn't the Conservation groups that warrant your suspicion,  it is the govt(s) ..who have a different priority than sustainability or conservation,  whatever they say on media.

I haven't checked your link, ços quite frankly I don't have the time or inclination.

I need no convincing one way or the other.  I am firmly in the conservationist and protectionist camp.
I have no time for development companies, clearing land of ALL vegetation. That is what is happening just up the road from me.  NO trees were left at all. A massive site.. and they've only just started on the first phase.
This is going to house 40,000 + in the next 10+ yrs, supposedly.
  What a horror story.  Shocked Cry

As for my personal land issue? I'm giving the guy a rest for now. HE claims he has never received any of the photos I have sent.  Am having trouble with my new(ish)comp. It won't let me download the camera software.. very frustrating.. especially when you know sfa about this stuff, like me. Sad

Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
juliar
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 22966
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #17 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 3:30pm
 
Think globally, act locally - straight out of the Greenies' Agenda 21.


...




Think Globally, Act Locally


We watched a video tonight put out by our old very-emergent church. He, the Wolf-Pastor, ended the video by saying, “Think globally, act locally.” If you are not familiar, this is the marching slogan for the powers that be in implementing Agenda 21 and the New World Order. Every facet of society is influenced and directed by this mantra.

NEA President, Dennis Van Roekel, says, “As other nations around the world strive to improve their schools to create global citizens, the education conversation in America is dominated by an obsession with math and reading tests.”

The purpose for public schools is no longer to educate children in reading, and arithmetic, rather it is to create good, cooperative global citizens to worship at the base of Babylon’s tower.

Agenda 21 is clearly documented and one should be very aware of its purpose, however, my effort tonight is not to explain Agenda 21, rather it is to expose the participation of the whitened sepulchers, also known as churches, in its implementation.

Rick Warren promotes the 3-legged stool philosophy, which essentially states that Government-Business-Churches are the three legs of the stool that will create global change.

“Think globally, act locally” has been used by environmentalists, whose entire purpose can be summed up in two words: Population Control. The purpose of the world powers is to set standards for population reduction.

Bill Gates, an avid participant in the devious plan, says, “The world today has 6.8 billion people… that’s headed up to about 9 billion. Now if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by perhaps 10 or 15 percent.”

Population reduction through sterilants, poisons in the food chain, toxic water, vaccines, and abortion, an outright sacrifice to Molech. The Lord says in Matthew 24:7 “…and there shall be famines.” Some would scoff, afterall, here in America, there is food around every corner. Drive-thru, walk-up, sit down, delivery, and yet, nourishment is gone. The famine is here. The food has been so modified and poisoned, it is an effort on your liver’s part to get through a meal. What better way to reduce people than by having them feed themselves to death?


Think globally, act locally.

The Agenda 21 concept is social redistribution through and through. A way for world governments to have 7 billion serfs, laboring on the fields of Monsanto. As a Christian, I don’t care. My kingdom is not of this world. We’re looking for a Heavenly city, and it is to come. But, you should be warned that your post-modern cult that you call church is yoked up in this three-legged stool business.

Yoked. Good word. Best way to describe a 501c3 corporate entity known as a “Church”. 2 Corinthians 6:14 “Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?” Deuteronomy 22:10 “Thou shalt not plow with an ox and an ass together.”

The first way I can identify a tare: if they are a 501c3, unequally yoked up with the government, suckling at the government’s tax paps. By signing on the dotted line, they lose their right to speak out against anything the government declares hate speech or just a dirty word in their book. By forfeiting their independence as a church, they become no longer an individual, but are owned by the State so they are not governed by the First Amendment, and therefore are bound, yoked, to the State.

Don’t worry, they’re not upset about it. They’re a part of the same stool.

http://www.mom4truth.com/607/
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Ajax
Gold Member
*****
Offline


CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Posts: 11070
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #18 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 7:03pm
 
Juliar you guys are the only hope the rest of the world has to free ourselves of this pestilence.

If the American people revolt against this tyranny the rest of the world will follow suit.

It has to start with you guys...... Cool
Back to top
 

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos
 
IP Logged
 
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 42308
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #19 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 7:10pm
 
Emma wrote on Apr 1st, 2016 at 3:58am:
Yes ... more activity..today  whipper snippering and burning. Sad

And yes .. I advised of the fires and other stuff too, like how they chopped down and removed the lower story trees like Casuarina, Red Ash and Wattle. I  rang him back and pointed out that the photos I'd sent him clearly showed them using a çhipper or mulcher to remove the smaller left- over branches... etc etc..

I referred him to Habitat and Eco system maps showing that this small bit of land was unique and important.

I haven't given up yet.


Hi Emma,
I care.
Good luck and keep fighting the good fight.
Back to top
 

Modern Classic Right Wing
 
IP Logged
 
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 42308
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #20 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 7:13pm
 
Emma wrote on Apr 20th, 2016 at 11:20pm:
when you think about it, the environmental movement is made up of people like me. 
It isn't the Conservation groups that warrant your suspicion,  it is the govt(s) ..who have a different priority than sustainability or conservation,  whatever they say on media.

I haven't checked your link, ços quite frankly I don't have the time or inclination.

I need no convincing one way or the other.  I am firmly in the conservationist and protectionist camp.
I have no time for development companies, clearing land of ALL vegetation. That is what is happening just up the road from me.  NO trees were left at all. A massive site.. and they've only just started on the first phase.
This is going to house 40,000 + in the next 10+ yrs, supposedly.
  What a horror story.  Shocked Cry

As for my personal land issue? I'm giving the guy a rest for now. HE claims he has never received any of the photos I have sent.  Am having trouble with my new(ish)comp. It won't let me download the camera software.. very frustrating.. especially when you know sfa about this stuff, like me. Sad




yes, it is a horror story.
I saw it recently in victoria.
Back to top
 

Modern Classic Right Wing
 
IP Logged
 
juliar
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 22966
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #21 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 9:56pm
 
Gosh under the Greenies Agenda 21 you won't have any property rights at all.

This housing expansion is due to the world population explosion which the Greenies' Agenda 21 has in hand as it proposes to exterminate some 6 billion excess world population to make room for all the animals and birds which the Greenies regard as superior to humans.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #22 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 5:35pm
 
juliar wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 9:56pm:
Gosh under the Greenies Agenda 21 you won't have any property rights at all.

This housing expansion is due to the world population explosion which the Greenies' Agenda 21 has in hand as it proposes to exterminate some 6 billion excess world population to make room for all the animals and birds which the Greenies regard as superior to humans.



I never said anything about Thinking Globally.  No point in that for folks like me is there?.

If you read the title again you will see it is ACTING LOCALLY FOR THE ENVIRONMENT.  All your conspiracy theories sound rather contradictory, especially when I see no signs of such attitudes of caring for the environment FIRST, when I see what our govts,  at local, State and Federal levels are doing in allowing the decimation of huge areas of native bush .

Not to mention this massive new coal mine in the Galilee Basin, and the inevitable damage to the Reef that will follow.

TELL ME.. where else in the so-called developed WORLD, except Australia, is a nation busily preparing to create the largest coal mine ever???  .  It is insanity.

What is wrong with people?. Sad

As for over-population... that is so obvious,  it hardly need responding to. Roll Eyes

Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
juliar
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 22966
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #23 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 6:01pm
 
spoken like a true Greenie only partially informed by the selective Greenie propaganda.

Get to know the TRUE REALLY HORRIBLE Greenie story and you will recoil in HORROR!!!!!

Has it ever crossed your mind why the Greenie SHY tried so hard to overrun Australia with fire breathing ISIS ISLAMICS ?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #24 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 6:11pm
 
[quote author=juliar link=1459259850/23#23 date=1461571273]spoken like a true Greenie only partially informed by the selective Greenie propaganda.

Get to know the TRUE REALLY HORRIBLE Greenie story and you will recoil in HORROR!!!!!

Has it ever crossed your mind why the Greenie SHY tried so hard to overrun Australia with fire breathing ISIS ISLAMICS ?[/quote]

I have no idea what you are referring to.
Nor am I interested.. you obviously have your own agenda.

This is a topic about people looking out for the health of their local environment.  Individuals.. Understand.?????

I am waiting for a new modem.. then hopefully I can ensure that the person I have been dealing with in State Govt,  will have no excuses to continue to downplay and attempt to negate my concerns.

Sadly, the previous Newman government in Queensland enacted legislation, yet to be overturned,  which allowed landholders to rip down as much as possible.. whatever they wanted. Consequently, the land-clearing in Queensland has been huge.....  disgraceful.  But that is the LNP for you. Great bulldozers with massive chains, just rip everything out.

Criminal, is what it is.
Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Chimp_Logic
Gold Member
*****
Offline


πολιτικός

Posts: 4826
Mawson Base
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #25 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 7:04pm
 
Ajax wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 7:03pm:
Juliar you guys are the only hope the rest of the world has to free ourselves of this pestilence.

If the American people revolt against this tyranny the rest of the world will follow suit.

It has to start with you guys...... Cool


Poor batman, he is praying for his American intellectual mentors to come to his rescue.

Poor Poor ridiculous Batman - he worships the deranged low IQ violence infested, bigoted mainstream society of the USA

Poor poor sooky sooky Batman

...
Back to top
 

Mini Ice Age (2014-2029)
Dr Sircus cures cancer with Baking Soda and Magnesium - Jethro the MENTAL GIANT & his flute madness
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Moderator
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 122343
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #26 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 7:24pm
 
Chimp_Logic wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 7:04pm:
Ajax wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 7:03pm:
Juliar you guys are the only hope the rest of the world has to free ourselves of this pestilence.

If the American people revolt against this tyranny the rest of the world will follow suit.

It has to start with you guys...... Cool


Poor batman, he is praying for his American intellectual mentors to come to his rescue.

Poor Poor ridiculous Batman - he worships the deranged low IQ violence infested, bigoted mainstream society of the USA

Poor poor sooky sooky Batman

https://ikttvs.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/batman-crying.gif



Dear beloved Chimp,

David DuByne finally turned up on my Ice Age thread.
The trumpets played.

You will need to apologise but needn't self ban.

namaste
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
juliar
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 22966
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #27 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 7:55pm
 
Must be terrible being a Greenie and having to live a life of half truths and downright lies and not being fully informed of the hidden agenda (Agenda 21 and now Agenda 2030) of their HATE Australia Greenie heroes and having to quickly change the subject when the discussion gets just too embarrassing.

Must be disappointing that the Greenies' Global Warming turned out to be just a money grubbing HOAX designed by the Club of Rome to fraudulently pilfer money for the United Nations.

And disappointing that the higher level of CO2 is greening the deserts and making crops grow better to feed the starving world population.

Have the Greenies figured out how to make steel and aluminium with windy turbines and solar panels yet ?

And how about powering the gigantic container ships that bring the Greenies' toy possums and frogs all the way from China ?

And what happens to the lifts in buildings on a windless night ?

And how do you lubricate things without oil ?

Greenies live in a fantasy toadstool land of unreality as they sit on their toadstools humming Kumbaya.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Moderator
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 122343
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #28 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 8:46pm
 
Dear Juliar,
but after the mini Ice Age is over temperatures may soar.

That makes the Greenies right - but just not right now.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21599
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #29 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 9:51pm
 
Bobby. wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 8:46pm:
Dear Juliar,
but after the mini Ice Age is over temperatures may soar.

That makes the Greenies right - but just not right now.



Temperatures may soar. The reason for that would make the Greenies right or wrong. Unless they are merely stating that temperatures will rise with no attribution.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #30 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 9:53pm
 
juliar wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 7:55pm:
Must be terrible being a Greenie and having to live a life ................................................................................
...blah blah blah.........................................

And how do you lubricate things without oil ?

.


Jeez some people have no imagination.
Clinging to the past as the present runs away from us and the future is on a collision course.

Did you know OIL can be obtained from sources other than petroleum products.??   Cheesy Roll Eyes Tongue Doh. Roll Eyes

As for your other hysterical utterances... really pathetic and not worth answering.
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21599
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #31 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 9:58pm
 
Emma wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 9:53pm:
Did you know OIL can be obtained from sources other than petroleum products.??   Cheesy Roll Eyes Tongue Doh. Roll Eyes



How do you move product from the South-East where most of what is left of the manufacturing occurs, Australia-wide? There are many place not serviced by train, and last time I looked they required fuel.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #32 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 10:07pm
 
Options have been closed off by successive previous govts, that is true.

Change cannot happen overnight that is also true.

BUT... we have to start somewhere. !

An extensive rail network would be my preferred option for most of Australia's freight.  Trucks running on fossil fuels, public roads and impossible deadlines are NOT the way of the future.

What can one do.?  SFA.
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Moderator
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 122343
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #33 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 10:12pm
 
lee wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 9:51pm:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 8:46pm:
Dear Juliar,
but after the mini Ice Age is over temperatures may soar.

That makes the Greenies right - but just not right now.



Temperatures may soar. The reason for that would make the Greenies right or wrong.
Unless they are merely stating that temperatures will rise with no attribution.



But the Greenies are assigning attribution -

carbon dioxide emissions.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #34 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 10:51pm
 
So.. Booby..?  you are bored, and have run out of other people to hassle so you land here. Eh?

Eh?  Eh?  Can't hear you at all, and your words are irrelevant.  Go and pester some one else Booby.  But seeing as you are here  ... I will add....

I bet you live in a small one room apartment,  in some anonymous block of ugly flats, on the fifth floor, and only see grass out your window.  I doubt you have walked on the ground, without shoes on. I doubt you see any birds but seagulls, pigeons, sparrows,  crows and Indian Mynahs, if that. .
I bet you wouldn't have a clue what to do if you ever ventured outside your chosen cityscape.

I doubt you have any clue about what you are talking about, at all. Your ignorance is boundless, and so righteously confident you are a proven fool. Grin

Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Moderator
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 122343
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #35 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 10:54pm
 
Emma wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 10:51pm:
So.. Booby..?  you are bored, and have run out of other people to hassle so you land here. Eh?

Eh?  Eh?  Can't hear you at all, and your words are irrelevant.  Go and pester some one else Booby.  But seeing as you are here  ... I will add....

I bet you live in a small one room apartment,  in some anonymous block of ugly flats, on the fifth floor, and only see grass out your window.  I doubt you have walked on the ground, without shoes on. I doubt you see any birds but seagulls, pigeons, sparrows,  crows and Indian Mynahs, if that. .
I bet you wouldn't have a clue what to do if you ever ventured outside your chosen cityscape.

I doubt you have any clue about what you are talking about, at all. Your ignorance is boundless, and so righteously confident you are a proven fool. Grin




Actually I just bought a nice house with a big backyard & I'm moving there in 3 weeks time.

Go stick that in your pipe & smoke it.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #36 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 11:26pm
 
Ahh but where do you live now?

How big is the block you have entered into a contract to buy?
Houses are nothing really its the land that counts.!

A big back yard eh?  Grin
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 42308
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #37 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 11:30pm
 
juliar wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 9:56pm:
Gosh under the Greenies Agenda 21 you won't have any property rights at all.

This housing expansion is due to the world population explosion which the Greenies' Agenda 21 has in hand as it proposes to exterminate some 6 billion excess world population to make room for all the animals and birds which the Greenies regard as superior to humans.



Quote:
.............. proposes to exterminate some 6 billion excess world population to make room for all the animals and birds..........


I agree with the greens here.
Back to top
 

Modern Classic Right Wing
 
IP Logged
 
Chimp_Logic
Gold Member
*****
Offline


πολιτικός

Posts: 4826
Mawson Base
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #38 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 11:35pm
 
Bobby. wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 10:54pm:
Emma wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 10:51pm:
So.. Booby..?  you are bored, and have run out of other people to hassle so you land here. Eh?

Eh?  Eh?  Can't hear you at all, and your words are irrelevant.  Go and pester some one else Booby.  But seeing as you are here  ... I will add....

I bet you live in a small one room apartment,  in some anonymous block of ugly flats, on the fifth floor, and only see grass out your window.  I doubt you have walked on the ground, without shoes on. I doubt you see any birds but seagulls, pigeons, sparrows,  crows and Indian Mynahs, if that. .
I bet you wouldn't have a clue what to do if you ever ventured outside your chosen cityscape.

I doubt you have any clue about what you are talking about, at all. Your ignorance is boundless, and so righteously confident you are a proven fool. Grin




Actually I just bought a nice house with a big backyard & I'm moving there in 3 weeks time.

Go stick that in your pipe & smoke it.


Does it have central cooling?
Back to top
 

Mini Ice Age (2014-2029)
Dr Sircus cures cancer with Baking Soda and Magnesium - Jethro the MENTAL GIANT & his flute madness
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #39 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 11:39pm
 
Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 11:30pm:
juliar wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 9:56pm:
Gosh under the Greenies Agenda 21 you won't have any property rights at all.

This housing expansion is due to the world population explosion which the Greenies' Agenda 21 has in hand as it proposes to exterminate some 6 billion excess world population to make room for all the animals and birds which the Greenies regard as superior to humans.



Quote:
.............. proposes to exterminate some 6 billion excess world population to make room for all the animals and birds..........


I agree with the greens here.


Smiley well yeah too many people.  But Mother Earth is continually trying ways to trim down our numbers.  Smiley

Sadly, we are so inured to destruction for wealth we won't move in time to manage ourselves.  One way or another, Mother will Rule.

Its up to us where we end up in the food chain.
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Moderator
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 122343
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #40 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 11:40pm
 
Chimp_Logic wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 11:35pm:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 10:54pm:
Emma wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 10:51pm:
So.. Booby..?  you are bored, and have run out of other people to hassle so you land here. Eh?

Eh?  Eh?  Can't hear you at all, and your words are irrelevant.  Go and pester some one else Booby.  But seeing as you are here  ... I will add....

I bet you live in a small one room apartment,  in some anonymous block of ugly flats, on the fifth floor, and only see grass out your window.  I doubt you have walked on the ground, without shoes on. I doubt you see any birds but seagulls, pigeons, sparrows,  crows and Indian Mynahs, if that. .
I bet you wouldn't have a clue what to do if you ever ventured outside your chosen cityscape.

I doubt you have any clue about what you are talking about, at all. Your ignorance is boundless, and so righteously confident you are a proven fool. Grin




Actually I just bought a nice house with a big backyard & I'm moving there in 3 weeks time.

Go stick that in your pipe & smoke it.


Does it have central cooling?



I will fit a 3 HP air con before the summer in 7 months.

It has ducted central heating from gas.

I will be prepared for all weather.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 42308
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #41 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 11:46pm
 
Emma wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 11:39pm:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 11:30pm:
juliar wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 9:56pm:
Gosh under the Greenies Agenda 21 you won't have any property rights at all.

This housing expansion is due to the world population explosion which the Greenies' Agenda 21 has in hand as it proposes to exterminate some 6 billion excess world population to make room for all the animals and birds which the Greenies regard as superior to humans.



Quote:
.............. proposes to exterminate some 6 billion excess world population to make room for all the animals and birds..........


I agree with the greens here.


Smiley well yeah too many people.  But Mother Earth is continually trying ways to trim down our numbers.  Smiley

Sadly, we are so inured to destruction for wealth we won't move in time to manage ourselves.  One way or another, Mother will Rule.

Its up to us where we end up in the food chain.


yes, FAR too many people.

Given the laws of supply and demand, people are of a negative value.
nonhuman animals are of a positive worth.
Back to top
 

Modern Classic Right Wing
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #42 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 11:49pm
 
But ... still in Melbourne yeah?  Perhaps you are moving from your grimy inner-city one-bed apartment, on the fifth floor,  to suburbia. Much land? Any native trees on it.?

Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Ajax
Gold Member
*****
Offline


CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Posts: 11070
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #43 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 11:57pm
 
Those of you who think there's too many people, please lead the way and jump of the nearest bridge.

Gaia will be pleased
Back to top
 

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos
 
IP Logged
 
Ajax
Gold Member
*****
Offline


CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Posts: 11070
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #44 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:00am
 
Bobby. wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 8:46pm:
Dear Juliar,
but after the mini Ice Age is over temperatures may soar.

That makes the Greenies right - but just not right now.


The greens worship gaia and listen to the prophecies of the world bank.

Nothing more than brainwashed puppets of the oligarchy.
Back to top
 

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos
 
IP Logged
 
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 42308
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #45 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:00am
 
Ajax wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 11:57pm:
Those of you who think there's too many people, please lead the way and jump of the nearest bridge.

Gaia will be pleased


should get rid of the stupider uglier poorer ones first.
Back to top
 

Modern Classic Right Wing
 
IP Logged
 
Ajax
Gold Member
*****
Offline


CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Posts: 11070
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #46 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:01am
 
Chimp_Logic wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 7:04pm:
Ajax wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 7:03pm:
Juliar you guys are the only hope the rest of the world has to free ourselves of this pestilence.

If the American people revolt against this tyranny the rest of the world will follow suit.

It has to start with you guys...... Cool


Poor batman, he is praying for his American intellectual mentors to come to his rescue.

Poor Poor ridiculous Batman - he worships the deranged low IQ violence infested, bigoted mainstream society of the USA

Poor poor sooky sooky Batman

https://ikttvs.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/batman-crying.gif


You're a hairy asred baboon who is not fit to be a lecturer.

You're just brainwashing your students.
Back to top
 

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos
 
IP Logged
 
Ajax
Gold Member
*****
Offline


CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Posts: 11070
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #47 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:04am
 
Hey Emma how many oil based products do you use.

Like for example your car, your computer your cell phone.

Lead the way and get rid of them.
Back to top
 

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #48 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:04am
 
ha ha .... that's hilarious.

Its like asking someone  'would you die for your religion?' ..  YES?  Well then start by shooting yourself . 

No NO  .. the only hope we have, other than a massive kill-off by Mother, through various means, is to LIMIT OURSELVES.

We won't do that tho..

...so it will come down to catastrophic weather and the inundations of earth through climate, volcanic activity, earthquake, flooding and famine. That is inevitable if we continue as we are going.

.
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Ajax
Gold Member
*****
Offline


CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Posts: 11070
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #49 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:07am
 
Emma wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:04am:
ha ha .... that's hilarious.

Its like asking someone  'would you die for your religion?' ..  YES?  Well then start by shooting yourself . 

No NO  .. the only hope we have, other than a massive kill-off by Mother, through various means, is to LIMIT OURSELVES.

We won't do that tho..

...so it will come down to catastrophic weather and the inundations of earth through climate, volcanic activity, earthquake, flooding and famine. That is inevitable if we continue as we are going.

.   


Oh please it has been proven that CO2 has never controlled the weather.

The IPCC computer models where way out.

Yet you people still believe.

Now that's a religion.
Back to top
 

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Moderator
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 122343
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #50 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:09am
 
Emma wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 11:49pm:
But ... still in Melbourne yeah?  Perhaps you are moving from your grimy inner-city one-bed apartment, on the fifth floor,  to suburbia. Much land? Any native trees on it.?




Dear Jalane,
I live in a nice unit in the outer suburbs now.
It's not grimy - in fact - every day it gets cleaner & cleaner as I approach the time of sale.
I even cleaned & re-grouted many tiles today.
I'm rather a good handyman.
I deliberately chose a place with no trees for reasons that will not be explained here.


forgiven

namaste
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #51 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:14am
 
Well see now Ajax...  CO2 is just ONE issue in a multitude of sins against Earth.
You and your fellows can blab away about that as long as you like. Makes NO difference to reality.  What is responsible for our increasingly unpredictable and escalating BAD weather events ?? 


WE ARE.
It is pretty simple really. WE are a cancerous growth on the face, and increasingly , the guts of our world.
Life, as WE know it, may cease, but the Mother will continue, with a new host of life burgeoning. Smiley

WE will reap what we have sown.

Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Ajax
Gold Member
*****
Offline


CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Posts: 11070
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #52 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:22am
 
Emma wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:14am:
Well see now Ajax...  CO2 is just ONE issue in a multitude of sins against Earth.


So you want Australia to pay billions of dollars to the UN over a lie.................??? kiss that new road to your place goodbye....!!!

Quote:
You and your fellows can blab away about that as long as you like. Makes NO difference to reality.  What is responsible for our increasingly unpredictable and escalating BAD weather events ?? 

WE ARE.


Your brainwashed, I thought you might have 2 cents between the ears but its obvious you have become a foot soldier of the oligarchy through their environmental program.

Got to hand it to those guys almost nothing else stirs passion like cleaning up the earth and pollution.

The greatest army in the world.

Quote:
It is pretty simple really. WE are a cancerous growth on the face, and increasingly , the guts of our world.
Life, as WE know it, may cease, but the Mother will continue, with a new host of life burgeoning. Smiley

WE will reap what we have sown.



Do you suggest genocide for the human population so birds and crocodiles can rule the earth.
Back to top
 

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #53 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:33am
 
Ajax wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:22am:
Do you suggest genocide for the human population so birds and crocodiles can rule the earth.


Wow...   Smiley  no way do I endorse such ideas.  But we are doing it aren't we, anyway.?  All over the world, people are being killed by other people.
It doesn't keep up with the birth rate, being the exceptionally fecund creatures that we are, but we are also only seeing the start of the fight back by Mother.

If we are so dissolute as to destroy our own home, we can only expect a negative outcome. See..?

Do you not understand  ???    the earth isn't OURS.

Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Ajax
Gold Member
*****
Offline


CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Posts: 11070
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #54 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:42am
 
Emma wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:33am:
Wow...   Smiley  no way do I endorse such ideas.  But we are doing it aren't we, anyway.?  All over the world, people are being killed by other people.


Yes this is true, but whether you know it or not the very same people that have turned you into a foot soldier for the environment are also responsible for all those wars.

Quote:
It doesn't keep up with the birth rate, being the exceptionally fecund creatures that we are, but we are also only seeing the start of the fight back by Mother.


You mean Gaia don't you.....???

I don't want to burst your bubble but she comes from Greek mythology like the God Zeus...very fictional.

Quote:
If we are so dissolute as to destroy our own home, we can only expect a negative outcome. See..?


Why don't you find out who is responsible for most of the wars in modern times, instead of wasting your time praying to gaia, shes doesn't exist.

Quote:
Do you not understand  ???    the earth isn't OURS.


No I don't.

So when other intelligent life makes contact with us, we're going to say Earth isn't ours....????

They might respond by well if its not yours we'll have it..... Grin

Its rather strange though that all that is found in the Earth is also found in our bodies.

The Earth is ours........ Tongue
Back to top
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:58am by Ajax »  

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #55 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:51am
 
But ... still in Melbourne yeah?  Perhaps you are moving from your grimy inner-city one-bed apartment, on the fifth floor,  to suburbia. Much land? Any native trees on it.?

[/quote]


Dear Jalane,
I live in a nice unit in the outer suburbs now.
It's not grimy - in fact - every day it gets cleaner & cleaner as I approach the time of sale.
I even cleaned & re-grouted many tiles today.
I'm rather a good handyman.




I deliberately chose a place with no trees for reasons that will not be explained here.


[/quote]

So obviously, as I said, you have no experience at all in the natural world.

You know ?? the Bush.. the Environment.? You are a city fella, and your values reflect it.


NO trees  for you.  Well, what can you say?  Nothing, with any cred.  Perhaps your yard only has a pool in it.?

Or perhaps you have allergies to natural things like pollen or dust.  Perhaps your reason for NO TREES is .. ? 
...concrete and tarseal have been your experience. ??
You don't want to rake up leaves.? ( which most aware people don't do nowadays, by the way)

Whatever... you have no right to sneer and besmirch people with an ethic you don't understand.

  So, either tell us about your LAND... not your house... or put a sock in it. put a sock in it . put a sock in it.

Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #56 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 1:13am
 
Ajax wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:42am:
Emma wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:33am:
Wow...   Smiley  no way do I endorse such ideas.  But we are doing it aren't we, anyway.?  All over the world, people are being killed by other people.


Yes this is true, but whether you know it or not the very same people that have turned you into a foot soldier for the environment are also responsible for all those wars.

Quote:
It doesn't keep up with the birth rate, being the exceptionally fecund creatures that we are, but we are also only seeing the start of the fight back by Mother.


You mean Gaia don't you.....???

I don't want to burst your bubble but she comes from Greek mythology like the God Zeus...very fictional.

Quote:
If we are so dissolute as to destroy our own home, we can only expect a negative outcome. See..?


Why don't you find out who is responsible for most of the wars in modern times, instead of wasting your time praying to gaia, shes doesn't exist.

Quote:
Do you not understand  ???    the earth isn't OURS.


No I don't.

So when other intelligent life makes contact with us, we're going to say Earth isn't ours....????

They might respond by well if its not yours we'll have it..... Grin

Its rather strange though that all that is found in the Earth is also found in our bodies.

The Earth is ours........ Tongue


You have said it,  but you do not understand what you have said, and you presume it to mean something which is clearly erroneous. ( highlight above)

What that means ??

We belong to Earth.
It owns us in every sense, yet we are doing our very best to poison it.

To believe as you do is pure foolishness and hubris.


Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #57 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 1:43am
 
We have been here for a much shorter time than the dinosaurs roamed. We own the Earth just as much as they used to.  Are they here, now.?

Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Moderator
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 122343
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #58 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 7:01am
 
Emma wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:51am:
But ... still in Melbourne yeah?  Perhaps you are moving from your grimy inner-city one-bed apartment, on the fifth floor,  to suburbia. Much land? Any native trees on it.?



Sir Bobby
Quote:
Dear Jalane,
I live in a nice unit in the outer suburbs now.
It's not grimy - in fact - every day it gets cleaner & cleaner as I approach the time of sale.
I even cleaned & re-grouted many tiles today.
I'm rather a good handyman.
I deliberately chose a place with no trees for reasons that will not be explained here.


Emma,
Quote:
So obviously, as I said, you have no experience at all in the natural world.

You know ?? the Bush.. the Environment.? You are a city fella, and your values reflect it.


NO trees  for you.  Well, what can you say?  Nothing, with any cred.  Perhaps your yard only has a pool in it.?

Or perhaps you have allergies to natural things like pollen or dust.  Perhaps your reason for NO TREES is .. ? 
...concrete and tarseal have been your experience. ??
You don't want to rake up leaves.? ( which most aware people don't do nowadays, by the way)

Whatever... you have no right to sneer and besmirch people with an ethic you don't understand.

  So, either tell us about your LAND... not your house... or put a sock in it. put a sock in it . put a sock in it.




Now you're speculating.
Actually it's none of your business.
What a nosey parker you are.

forgiven

namaste

Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 42308
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #59 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 7:50am
 
Bobby. wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:09am:
Emma wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 11:49pm:
But ... still in Melbourne yeah?  Perhaps you are moving from your grimy inner-city one-bed apartment, on the fifth floor,  to suburbia. Much land? Any native trees on it.?




Dear Jalane,
I live in a nice unit in the outer suburbs now.
It's not grimy - in fact - every day it gets cleaner & cleaner as I approach the time of sale.
I even cleaned & re-grouted many tiles today.
I'm rather a good handyman.
I deliberately chose a place with no trees for reasons that will not be explained here.


forgiven

namaste


Quote:
........... chose a place with no trees ..........


very good idea.
trees on a normal suburban bloch are unsuited.
Shrubs/grevilleas/bottlebrushes are ok.

Trees around a house - no.
Back to top
 

Modern Classic Right Wing
 
IP Logged
 
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 42308
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #60 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 7:52am
 
Emma wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:33am:
Ajax wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:22am:
Do you suggest genocide for the human population so birds and crocodiles can rule the earth.


Wow...   Smiley  no way do I endorse such ideas.  But we are doing it aren't we, anyway.?  All over the world, people are being killed by other people.
It doesn't keep up with the birth rate, being the exceptionally fecund creatures that we are, but we are also only seeing the start of the fight back by Mother.

If we are so dissolute as to destroy our own home, we can only expect a negative outcome. See..?

Do you not understand  ???    the earth isn't OURS.




well, not genocide.
Some balance though.

Rid the globe of at least 1/3 the human population. It'ld solve most the problems we face.
Till the population builds again.

Leave the population as it is, we still have the multitude of problems.
Back to top
 

Modern Classic Right Wing
 
IP Logged
 
Ajax
Gold Member
*****
Offline


CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Posts: 11070
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #61 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 8:33am
 
The Greens’ Agenda, in Their Own Words


Read the whole article here

https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2011/01-02/the-greens-agenda-in-their-own-words...

Quote:
.”[2] The Australian Greens are part of a worldwide movement that is actively engaged in the political process.[3] As their writings state, this objective involves a radical transformation of the culture that underpins Western civilization.


Quote:
In order to fully comprehend the Greens’ political ideology, it is necessary to understand the historical roots and foundations of both our own Western, liberal democratic culture—and that of the Greens. I propose to explain the Greens’ agenda, as set out in their own documents and writings.[4]


Quote:
The modern Greens party however had an earlier origin in the green bans applied by the Builders Labourers Federation in the 1970s in New South Wales.[24] Indeed the visit to Australia by the German activist Petra Kelly in 1977 was influential in the foundation of the German Greens.[25] The then leader of the BLF, Jack Mundey, was subsequently invited to conferences in Europe and North America. Mundey, a Communist Party official and candidate, who led the militant New South Wales Builders Labourers Federation, described himself as “an ecological Marxist”.[26] Speaking years after the Communist Party folded, and a New Left party failed to gain support beyond Trotskyist and anarchist groupings, Mundey prophesied that “in the future there is a possibility of … what I’d call a Green Red future of socialism”.[27] In addition to Marx and Engels, Mundey was influenced by the overpopulation jeremiad of Paul Ehrlich.[28]
These two strands of the Greens are evident today. What then is the Greens’ agenda


Quote:

The Greens operate out of a set of ideological principles and beliefs that extend beyond the warm, cuddly environmentalism they wrap themselves in.[29] While “environmentalism” lies at the core of the Greens’ ideology, their policies, if ever enacted, would radically change the economic and social culture of Australia.


Quote:
This has been true from the outset. In the 1970s, Jack Mundey’s BLF campaigned for a range of radical issues beyond the immediate industrial interests of the union.

He appealed beyond the blue-collar construction workers to the New Left alliance of what has become known as “doctors’ wives” and tertiary students and academics.[30]

John Black has analysed Green voters over a series of elections. In a recent report, he categorises Green voters.

[31] First, those who vote Green as their primary vote:
This is the Don’s Party group that used to be in the ALP in the sixties and seventies: young university students or graduates, frequently working or still studying in academia, no kids, often gay, arts and drama type degrees or architecture where they specialise is designing environmentally friendly suburbs, agnostic or atheist, often US or Canadian refugees from capitalism, but well paid in professional consulting or media jobs.[32]

These groups swung more heavily to the Greens in 2010:

They were led by arts, media or architectural graduate twenty-somethings, atheists and agnostics, Kiwis, the highly mobile university student groups, gays and the Green family group, which is a professional or admin consulting couple with one child attending expensive private schools.[33]
[/quote[ [quote]
Let me expand. According to the Greens’ ideology, human dignity is neither inherent nor absolute, but relative.[35] Humans are only one species amongst others. As Brown and Singer write: “We hold that the dominant ethic is indefensible because it focuses only on human beings and on human beings who are living now, leaving out the interests of others who are not of our species, or not of our generation.”[36] Elsewhere, they equate humans with animals:

The revolutionary element in Green ethics is its challenge to us to see ourselves in universal terms … I must take into account the interests of others, on the same footing as my own. This is true, whether these others are Victorians or Queenslanders, Australians or Rwandans, or even the nonhuman animals whose habitat is destroyed when a forest is destroyed.[37]

What is revolutionary about this statement is not that the interests of another should be considered in an ethical judgment. Judeo-Christian belief extols consideration of others, as does Kant’s Golden Rule. Burke wrote of society being a compact across generations. What is revolutionary is the equation of humans and animals.

Peter Singer expands these notions in his other works on animal liberation. He charges that humans are guilty of “speciesism”, that is, preferring their own species over all others. It leads him to argue in favour of infanticide and doctor-assisted suicide on one hand; and bestiality on the other, provided there is mutual consent![38]
Back to top
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2016 at 8:54am by Ajax »  

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos
 
IP Logged
 
Ajax
Gold Member
*****
Offline


CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Posts: 11070
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #62 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 8:40am
 
Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 7:52am:
well, not genocide.
Some balance though.

Rid the globe of at least 1/3 the human population. It'ld solve most the problems we face.
Till the population builds again.

Leave the population as it is, we still have the multitude of problems.


Can you hear yourself FFS.......!!??

You greenies are indeed sick in the head....LOL
Back to top
 

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos
 
IP Logged
 
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member
*****
Offline


OzPolitic

Posts: 42308
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #63 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 9:50am
 
Ajax wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 8:40am:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 7:52am:
well, not genocide.
Some balance though.

Rid the globe of at least 1/3 the human population. It'ld solve most the problems we face.
Till the population builds again.

Leave the population as it is, we still have the multitude of problems.


Can you hear yourself FFS.......!!??

You greenies are indeed sick in the head....LOL


All the worlds problems come from overpopulation by humans.

pollution, loss of habitat for nonhumans, loss of freshwater supplies, loss of food supplies, using up the worlds resources, commuting chaos, wars, famines, global warming ...............

What have I missed?
Back to top
 

Modern Classic Right Wing
 
IP Logged
 
Ajax
Gold Member
*****
Offline


CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Posts: 11070
Australia
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #64 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 10:36am
 
Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 9:50am:
All the worlds problems come from overpopulation by humans.


You've been brainwashed.

Quote:
pollution


We can do a great deal to clean up pollution, the problem is the oligarchy doesn't want to pay for it, its not enough they have seized all the cash cows from the developed countries and make billions, they don't want to foot the bill.

Instead they want to create a $2 trillion dollar carbon derivatives market to fleece nations even more and play their games on the stock exchange at our expense.

If anyone should be exterminated its these people that have amassed all the world's wealth and are still not happy, they want to control the whole world and makes us all puppets. So wake up because unless you're one of them then you're nothing more than a brainwashed puppet to them.

Quote:
loss of habitat for nonhumans


There is enough room for humans and animals alike, all we need is good management.

Quote:
loss of freshwater supplies


Fresh water has always been scarce, but technology can help us to produce more of the stuff without affecting nature, eg. desalination plants.

Quote:
loss of food supplies


The Earth can feed its people, what I'm worried about is why the big banks are buying up huge amounts of the food producing lands all over the world. Do you know why...???

Quote:
using up the worlds resources


Being the dominant species on this planet do you expect any less, how are we going to travel to other worlds if we stay in caves.

Quote:
commuting chaos, wars


Look up who is responsible for most wars in the modern era and then we can talk.

Quote:
famines


Go ask your prophets at the world bank why we still have poverty and famines, it can be wiped of the face of the earth.

If other intelligent beings come here, I'm sure they would look down on us, because we have the ability to lift all humans out of poverty but greed from a hand full of men who have amassed the wealth of the world will not allow it.

Quote:
global warming


Look into our history there is nothing unprecedented about the current warming its been happening since the Earth was formed.

And CO2 has never controlled temperature in the past even when we had 20 times the atmospheric CO2 we have today.

Today we have some of the lowest temperatures and atmospheric CO2 in our history.

Quote:
What have I missed?


Yes you have, how are you planning to eliminate 1/3 of the population, lets see.

Gas chambers

Mas graves

Poisoning

Sterilization

How will this be accomplished.

Back to top
 

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21599
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #65 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 11:48am
 
Emma wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 10:07pm:
Options have been closed off by successive previous govts, that is true.

Change cannot happen overnight that is also true.

BUT... we have to start somewhere. !

An extensive rail network would be my preferred option for most of Australia's freight.  Trucks running on fossil fuels, public roads and impossible deadlines are NOT the way of the future.

What can one do.?  SFA.


How far apart should these "extensive rail lines" be? 100km, 200 km? How do you transport goods to destinations between these "extensive rail lines". What power would run these "extensive rail lines"?
Back to top
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2016 at 11:57am by lee »  
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21599
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #66 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 11:55am
 
Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 9:50am:
All the worlds problems come from overpopulation by humans.

pollution, loss of habitat for nonhumans, loss of freshwater supplies, loss of food supplies, using up the worlds resources, commuting chaos, wars, famines, global warming ...............

What have I missed?



sprintcyclist is a devoted follower of Paul Ehrlich. The author of such books as "The Population Bomb". The one who said there would be mass starvations by 1970's and 80's. The bloke who hasn't been right yet.

So if the law of averages were to apply to him, he might get a prediction right soon. Wink
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Bobby.
Moderator
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 122343
Melbourne
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #67 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 6:26pm
 
Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 7:50am:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 12:09am:
Emma wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 11:49pm:
But ... still in Melbourne yeah?  Perhaps you are moving from your grimy inner-city one-bed apartment, on the fifth floor,  to suburbia. Much land? Any native trees on it.?




Dear Jalane,
I live in a nice unit in the outer suburbs now.
It's not grimy - in fact - every day it gets cleaner & cleaner as I approach the time of sale.
I even cleaned & re-grouted many tiles today.
I'm rather a good handyman.
I deliberately chose a place with no trees for reasons that will not be explained here.


forgiven

namaste


Quote:
........... chose a place with no trees ..........


very good idea.
trees on a normal suburban bloch are unsuited.
Shrubs/grevilleas/bottlebrushes are ok.

Trees around a house - no.



Yes - after trees caused over $10,000 of concrete driveway damage where I live now
& even more building damage
it's certainly one of the reasons I don't want any large trees again.

People who grow large forest like trees near suburban houses are fools.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #68 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:44am
 
lee wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 11:55am:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 9:50am:
All the worlds problems come from overpopulation by humans.

pollution, loss of habitat for nonhumans, loss of freshwater supplies, loss of food supplies, using up the worlds resources, commuting chaos, wars, famines, global warming ...............

What have I missed?



sprintcyclist is a devoted follower of Paul Ehrlich. The author of such books as "The Population Bomb".
The one who said there would be mass starvations by 1970's and 80's.
The bloke who hasn't been right yet.

So if the law of averages were to apply to him, he might get a prediction right soon. Wink



SORRY???  WHAT..???   I remember very well the mass starvation of whole countries and peoples in the 70's and 80's.

Places you've probably never even thought of, or know exists.

Places like
Biafra
Burundi
Eritrea
...ring a bell??  NO?

Just shows how ignorant you are.


Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #69 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 2:11am
 
and actually I agree... with the issue on trees in tiny suburbia.  But some plants are definitely friendly.  You remain stuck in your urban fear of nature.

Sad.. but don't claim kudos on environmental issues, as you obviously only have a very limited knowledge. You have very little understanding, and that is clear.

You and Ajax clearly exhibit the traits of the citybound brain. I do hope you gain some wisdom as you gain some real experience.
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21599
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #70 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 11:27am
 
Emma wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:44am:
SORRY???  WHAT..???   I remember very well the mass starvation of whole countries and peoples in the 70's and 80's.

Places you've probably never even thought of, or know exists.

Places like
Biafra
Burundi
Eritrea



What Paul Ehrlich espoused was that the mass starvations would be from a global shortage of food. Not from local causes of drought, war etc.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Emma
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 9853
OZ
Gender: female
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #71 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 2:03am
 
so now you're saying global starvation,?  not peoples or countries. typical.. change the story to fit the facts. sad indeed.
Back to top
 

live every day
 
IP Logged
 
lee
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 21599
Gender: male
Re: Acting Locally FOR the environment
Reply #72 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 12:20pm
 
Emma wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 2:03am:
so now you're saying global starvation,?  not peoples or countries. typical.. change the story to fit the facts. sad indeed.


Sorry. I thought you may have heard of Paul Ehrlich and his pronouncements. I didn't think it necessary to go into tiny detail.

The story hasn't changed, just the horizon has expanded.

Would you rather I changed the facts to fit the story?
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print