Chimp_Logic wrote on Aug 16
th, 2015 at 12:21am:
gizmo, you are definitely NOT a sceptic.
Look up the definition of the word and how it pertains to the scientific process.
scepticism is a very important element of how Science progresses and pushes human knowledge
And everybody in this forum has seen first hand that you struggle to grasp the basics of how science works.
So well done gizmo - well done in stinkin' out this forum once again.
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/picture/tunatickler/proboscis0925b1.jpg Sorry, Chimp, but YES I am a skeptic..
I have a very good grasp of the scientific method (although perhaps NOT the idiot 'science' you seem to prefer, that whole moronic "consensus" crap)
"Skepticism or scepticism (see spelling differences) is generally any questioning attitude towards
unempirical knowledge or opinions/beliefs stated as facts, or doubt regarding claims that are taken for granted elsewhere."
SO, YEP, I am a sceptic. And other than the "AGW true believers", no one would believe that I have any problems 'grasping' how science works..
YOU, on the other hand, very obviously DO have problems with how science works...
Cynicism, disbelief and skepticism are how science really works....if you 'accept' any statement without subjecting it to critical examination, then you are most definitely NOT scientific..