Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23
Send Topic Print
The Politics of Racism Post Luther King (Read 12034 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: The Politics of Racism Post Luther King
Reply #180 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:19pm

Quote:
Oh I would love to.

Get on with it then.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #181 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:19pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:18pm:
Aussie wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:10pm:
Quote:
.I'm more than happy to show you how and where you went wrong.

Get on with it then.  Enough talk.

Oh I would love to.

Phem doesn't though. Why? It will embarrass her...because she knows that I know that she hasn't a clue about what the Young Offenders Act is all about.

As I stated a few days earlier, she merely googled something quickly on the fly, then used it over and over and over again as her basis to attack others who disagreed with her nonsense and even blatantly accused others of not bothering to click on and read her link to said Act.

Unfortunately for her, I had read the Act.

And that is what prompted my initial post in this discussion.

Again, Phem is male.

Secondly, Phem didn't misinterpret something theyhastily googled, you did.

And you continue to defend it. Bizarrely.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #182 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:21pm

Another thread, another Lisa show.  Roll Eyes

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #183 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:23pm

Just for anyone interested.

Here is an excellent piece from the Shopfront Youth Legal Centre as a guide for practicing lawyers for any actually interested in how the Young Offenders Act can be applied.

It's old, but I think it is still pretty current... i.e. not much has changed in the Act...

http://www.theshopfront.org/documents/yoa.pdf

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #184 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:31pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:18pm:
Aussie wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:10pm:
Quote:
.I'm more than happy to show you how and where you went wrong.

Get on with it then.  Enough talk.

Oh I would love to.

Phem doesn't though. Why? It will embarrass her...because she knows that I know that she hasn't a clue about what the Young Offenders Act is all about.

As I stated a few days earlier, she merely googled something quickly on the fly, then used it over and over and over again as her basis to attack others who disagreed with her nonsense and even blatantly accused others of not bothering to click on and read her link to said Act.

Unfortunately for her, I had read the Act.

And that is what prompted my initial post in this discussion.

Phem is still googling.

Some people just never learn.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #185 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:37pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 2:52pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 7:48pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:07pm:
Phemanderac wrote on Aug 4th, 2015 at 6:13pm:
double plus good wrote on Aug 4th, 2015 at 5:57pm:
Phemanderac wrote on Aug 4th, 2015 at 5:48pm:
The 13 year old girl put the spotlight on herself by her choice of words. Worse still, her own parents failed her, thus she did not think "ape" was a bad word to use.

Ape or Monkey are two of the oldest derogatory and racist slurs used to label black people - any who do not know this are ignorance personified.

The OP is garbage, purely for it's lack of factual information.

At best it is mediocre fiction... At best.

It is ironic the comparison made to Andrew Bolt in that he (Bolt) uses similar form - i.e. connects a historical event or fact to the rest of the fantasy (ideological bent) he wants to spin on it. No worries longy, I am happy to accept that you and Andrew Bolt think similarly and structure your fiction in similar ways. For any of his faults, Mr Bolt is not a bad wordsmith, so you could do worse than emulate his style. However, you are being neither creative or honest in your writing. Not dissimilar to Mr Bolt again there, lol.

As to the booing - sure, some sport fans apparently accept booing as a signal of their displeasure, usually though, it is because the opposition scored a try, got a penalty that the booer did not like, or a player got away with something they should not have.... This case however, the booing was sustained and targetted at one person. Sure, it might not be racist (of course, it might be too), however, it is most certainly bullying, of the worst kind. Mob rule baying for blood.

Goodes, certainly pointed out the 13 year old girls, and rightly so, it is not appropriate to call people apes (or any other name for that matter). However, to his credit, he did not press charges after acknowledging she is just a kid, and, in fact, he openly stated that she should be supported through this because she is only 13 and because she can learn from this. Albeit, I can neither confirm nor deny if her parents are part of the solution or part of the problem here - at best we can only guess on that one.

As to the "politics" of racism - to my mind, that is very much a media issue - it is the media that made the "girl" famous after all. Further, it is the media that have fanned the flames from both sides of this apparent misunderstanding/debate/argument. Not Mr Goodes, not the girl, not her parents heck, not even the AFL. They have all, in effect, just got on with it behind the scenes whilst the media has maintained the rage... Let the media be your whipping post - it's pretty much all it is good for.

One would think that the wide ranging support that Adam Goodes has received over the last weekend should also signal how much the media has beaten this up. Add to that the comments of appreciation form Mr Goodes today and well, the OP should be resigned to the smelly bin where it no doubt belongs - it is wholly inaccurate and, as such, more of a slap in the face to Martin Luther Kings "dream" than the one word that started off the entire sorry affair.
Press charges???? Tell me how do you press charges against a 13 girl for calling you an ape at an AFL match??? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Feel free to look up the Young Offenders act - then feel free to sus out a bit about racial vilification...

Or not - it won't change the world either way  Wink

Phem, you clearly don't know much about the law.

Just click & read.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_criminal_responsibility_in_Australia

Up for Phem!

My initial post to you....to help you cope with your ignorance of doli incapax as it functions at law in Australia.

Actually,  this is where I'd like to start.

Why?

It's the 1st post I responded to.

So Phem, you did a quick google and used this Act as the basis for your post/argument.

And you do know what this Act says...yes?

Of course you do. Otherwise why use it. Correct?

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #186 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:37pm

Then we have this little gem straight from the Institute of Criminology....

"I
n all Australian jurisdictions the statutory minimum age of
criminal responsibility is now 10 years. Between the ages of 10
and 14 years, a further rebuttable presumption (known in
common law as doli incapax) operates to deem a child between the
ages of 10 and 14 incapable of committing a criminal act. Only if
the prosecution can rebut this presumption, by showing that the
accused child was able at the relevant time adequately to
distinguish between right and wrong, can a contested trial result
in conviction. From 14 to either 17 or 18 years (depending on
jurisdiction), young offenders may be held fully responsible for
their criminal acts but are subject to a different range of criminal
sanctions than adults committing the same offences (Warner
1997). Even without criminal liability, children may still be subject
to court-ordered welfare measures such as “care and control”
orders, along with a range of other orders in relation to residence,
contact, supervision and assessment."

http://www.aic.gov.au/media_library/publications/tandi_pdf/tandi181.pdf

Pretty sure I made a similar comment to the quoted section - way back in the debate, as my own opinion.

Bottom line anyway, my original comment stands, Adam Goodes chose not to pursue charges after speaking with the 13 year old girl. That is a big decision, because, regardless of the eventual outcome - that would have been a world of hassle for the young girl.

Any who still doubt, I sincerely trust that you never have to experience or have any dealings with Juvenille Justice - be it either as a victim or a parent of a perpetrator. The well being of a child committing an offense is genuinely considered, however, the process is still pretty scary for a lot of kids and can be quite frustrating for a lot of adult and youth or child victims.

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #187 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:37pm

Lisa, twice now in the last 30 mins or so, you have posted that you would explain why Phemanderac was wrong and you were correct.

Can you please get on with doing that, instead of everything other than doing that?

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #188 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:39pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:37pm:
Lisa, twice now in the last 30 mins or so, you have posted that you would explain why Phemanderac was wrong and you were correct.

Can you please get on with doing that, instead of everything other than doing that?

I am reminded of a bit of a hit song from the musical "Man of La Mancha" ..... To dream the impossible dream....

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #189 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:41pm

I hope the next person to post is Lisa......with her explanation she said she would love to give us.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #190 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:41pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:37pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 2:52pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 7:48pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 5th, 2015 at 9:07pm:
Phemanderac wrote on Aug 4th, 2015 at 6:13pm:
double plus good wrote on Aug 4th, 2015 at 5:57pm:
Phemanderac wrote on Aug 4th, 2015 at 5:48pm:
The 13 year old girl put the spotlight on herself by her choice of words. Worse still, her own parents failed her, thus she did not think "ape" was a bad word to use.

Ape or Monkey are two of the oldest derogatory and racist slurs used to label black people - any who do not know this are ignorance personified.

The OP is garbage, purely for it's lack of factual information.

At best it is mediocre fiction... At best.

It is ironic the comparison made to Andrew Bolt in that he (Bolt) uses similar form - i.e. connects a historical event or fact to the rest of the fantasy (ideological bent) he wants to spin on it. No worries longy, I am happy to accept that you and Andrew Bolt think similarly and structure your fiction in similar ways. For any of his faults, Mr Bolt is not a bad wordsmith, so you could do worse than emulate his style. However, you are being neither creative or honest in your writing. Not dissimilar to Mr Bolt again there, lol.

As to the booing - sure, some sport fans apparently accept booing as a signal of their displeasure, usually though, it is because the opposition scored a try, got a penalty that the booer did not like, or a player got away with something they should not have.... This case however, the booing was sustained and targetted at one person. Sure, it might not be racist (of course, it might be too), however, it is most certainly bullying, of the worst kind. Mob rule baying for blood.

Goodes, certainly pointed out the 13 year old girls, and rightly so, it is not appropriate to call people apes (or any other name for that matter). However, to his credit, he did not press charges after acknowledging she is just a kid, and, in fact, he openly stated that she should be supported through this because she is only 13 and because she can learn from this. Albeit, I can neither confirm nor deny if her parents are part of the solution or part of the problem here - at best we can only guess on that one.

As to the "politics" of racism - to my mind, that is very much a media issue - it is the media that made the "girl" famous after all. Further, it is the media that have fanned the flames from both sides of this apparent misunderstanding/debate/argument. Not Mr Goodes, not the girl, not her parents heck, not even the AFL. They have all, in effect, just got on with it behind the scenes whilst the media has maintained the rage... Let the media be your whipping post - it's pretty much all it is good for.

One would think that the wide ranging support that Adam Goodes has received over the last weekend should also signal how much the media has beaten this up. Add to that the comments of appreciation form Mr Goodes today and well, the OP should be resigned to the smelly bin where it no doubt belongs - it is wholly inaccurate and, as such, more of a slap in the face to Martin Luther Kings "dream" than the one word that started off the entire sorry affair.
Press charges???? Tell me how do you press charges against a 13 girl for calling you an ape at an AFL match??? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Feel free to look up the Young Offenders act - then feel free to sus out a bit about racial vilification...

Or not - it won't change the world either way  Wink

Phem, you clearly don't know much about the law.

Just click & read.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_criminal_responsibility_in_Australia

Up for Phem!

My initial post to you....to help you cope with your ignorance of doli incapax as it functions at law in Australia.

Actually,  this is where I'd like to start.

Why?

It's the 1st post I responded to.

So Phem, you did a quick google and used this Act as the basis for your post/argument.

And you do know what this Act says...yes?

Of course you do. Otherwise why use it. Correct?

You have clicked on your own link...yes?

You have read the Act...yes?

I hope you have because you've spent days on here telling everyone off for not doing just that.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #191 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:42pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:41pm:
I hope the next person to post is Lisa......with her explanation she said she would love to give us.

Oh it's coming....

IP Logged

LifeOrDeath
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #192 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:45pm

Loneliness is a beach. Gotta love online Professor Google Degrees in Law. I remember when she was a Psycologist, Nurse and School Teacher in the old days.

Since then she has completed numerous  Law degrees at comicallawdegrees.com  whilst popping out two more 18 year old teens that appeared from nowhere and a new baby I believe.

The baby has finished its first degree in Psychology already and the 10 year old (18 Year old teens) from yahoo have starred in the series Suits as Professional Closers with a Cameo by old setty as The Cleaner in one episode.

There is no evidence of the existence of a muslim,mohammed,or quran until 60 years  after mohammed was supposed to have died. Grin Grin Grin Posting on islam just encourages them and is a waste of time.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #193 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:46pm

I ferking give up.  Lisa you are diabolically incorrect in your criticism of what Phemanderac posted, and everything you have posted indicates you do not have a clue.

You are commenting adversely that people google, when it is abundantly clear that is exactly what you too are doing.  It is what anyone does if they want to find a reference, even to a statute.

So, ultimately you have succeeded.  You have made your wild and dumb claims, and instead of explaining as you said you would, this has become exactly what you wanted......just on and on with mind snapping crap in the belief you have that people are swallowing it.

Bah humbug!

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #194 - Aug 7th, 2015 at 3:46pm

Tell you what Aussie, I've worked out 1 thing through all this, Phem is not you.

At one stage I actually thought that nic was you....and that made me cranky with both you and the Phem nic.

BRB...

Cockatoos are attacking my passionfruit vine.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23
Send Topic Print