Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Oh Lookie! Muslims Are Human (Read 1994 times)
ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Oh Lookie! Muslims Are Human
Jul 24th, 2015 at 8:47am

I'm not into religion but I can sympathise with these people. Reminds me of the same kind of cr@p I went through when I was a practicing catholic. Wow. Am I glad those days are behind me

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Oh Lookie! Muslims Are Human
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 3:58pm

I know what you mean. It's like a load lifted off your shoulders.

Now I can swear and not feel guilty.....I would just to prove it.....but freediver will ban me.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 4:09pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 3:58pm:

Now I can swear and not feel guilty.....I would just to prove it.....but freediver will ban me.
I'll never forget the sense of freedom I felt when I decided it was all BS

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 7:43pm

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 4:09pm:

Same ... although i've had persistent problems with guilt from being raised Catholic ... gets under your skin.

Still, i've gotta say that some of my favourite values come from my religious upbringing but i've little doubt i would have formed them on my own (without the guilt chip kicking in) if left to my own devicess.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 8:16pm

mothra wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 7:43pm:

Same ... although i've had persistent problems with guilt from being raised Catholic ... gets under your skin.

Still, i've gotta say that some of my favourite values come from my religious upbringing but i've little doubt i would have formed them on my own (without the guilt chip kicking in) if left to my own devicess.

Yeah, what do they say; "What doesnt kill you makes you strong". Still, I don't think you ever really get rid of it totally. There's always bits of it lurking in the subconscious.   

IP Logged

innocentbystander.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 9:03pm

You have just replaced it with global warming evangelism.  Grin

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 11:02pm

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
mothra wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 7:43pm:

Yeah, what do they say; "What doesnt kill you makes you strong". Still, I don't think you ever really get rid of it totally. There's always bits of it lurking in the subconscious.   

I know i haven't. I notice it kicking in every so often .. or my friends catch me out.

It's a pretty good brain-washing, all in all.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 25th, 2015 at 7:46am

I was only involved with the church for a couple of years.....I don't really know why, it was totally alien to my belief system and my inner conscience, thank goodness my conscience and good sense won over in the end. I did the right thing and wrote to the church advising them of my resignation.....you should have seen the reply letter, stuck inside a birthday card, of all things lol!!!!....if I had any doubts, that would have settled them once and for all.

It's only when you get out that you see clearly. It's the same as when people escape other more extreme cults.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Jul 25th, 2015 at 10:42am

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 8:16pm:

Exactly.

That's why I use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall all my unwanted applications. It digs deep into the guts of the Hard Drive to winkle out all those little traces that would otherwise still remain.

Ever tried clearing your flower beds of Onion Weed? Know what I mean? You pull a clump out but a whole mob of tiny little Onion Weed bulbs remain in the soil ...

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Jul 25th, 2015 at 10:48am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jul 25th, 2015 at 7:46am:
It's only when you get out that you see clearly. It's the same as when people escape other more extreme cults.

Exactly.

When I finally retired from work I looked back and wondered how I could have been sucked in and brainwashed into a life-time in the workplace instead of opting for a life of leisure in a remote area as a Life Style Choice on the dole.

I finally unfettered myself from the stultifying shackles of Religion when I was about 13 - 14 in boarding school. Getting caned at least once a month made it a lot easier to abandon the idea of a caring and just God. To this day I believe not even a solitary one of my canings was deserved.

I wondered why my caner never got caned himself. I doubt he was an Immaculate Conception - and so who was caning the caner, I asked myself.

« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2015 at 10:55am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 26th, 2015 at 7:46pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 25th, 2015 at 10:48am:
Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jul 25th, 2015 at 7:46am:

Exactly.

When I finally retired from work I looked back and wondered how I could have been sucked in and brainwashed into a life-time in the workplace instead of opting for a life of leisure in a remote area as a Life Style Choice on the dole.

I finally unfettered myself from the stultifying shackles of Religion when I was about 13 - 14 in boarding school. Getting caned at least once a month made it a lot easier to abandon the idea of a caring and just God. To this day I believe not even a solitary one of my canings was deserved.

I wondered why my caner never got caned himself. I doubt he was an Immaculate Conception - and so who was caning the caner, I asked myself.

If you went to a catholic school and only got caned once a month, you would have been teacher's pet or Brother's toy boy . 

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 26th, 2015 at 8:15pm

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 8:47am:
I'm not into religion but I can sympathise with these people. Reminds me of the same kind of cr@p I went through when I was a practicing catholic.

I have more sympathy for those who have to pretend to believe in something they don't agree with due to the death penalty and persecution for apostasy.

This lady is a champion for womens rights and one of the best critics of Islam,she was raised as a muslim in Syria.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 26th, 2015 at 8:20pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 26th, 2015 at 8:15pm:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 8:47am:
I'm not into religion but I can sympathise with these people. Reminds me of the same kind of cr@p I went through when I was a practicing catholic.

I have more sympathy for those who have to pretend to believe in something they don't agree with due to the death penalty and persecution for apostasy.

This lady is a champion for womens rights and one of the best critics of Islam,she was raised as a muslim in Syria.

As usual you miss the point. Being as fanatical as you are can make you blind like that. 

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 12:26am

Here are some more awkward moments from last Ramadan:

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 9:59am

freediver wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 12:26am:
They were funny the first time FD but you're ever going to get rid of your day job you need to get some new material.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print