Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Just Picked Up A New LC9 (Read 15646 times)
Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Just Picked Up A New LC9
Apr 11th, 2015 at 12:07pm

I don't know what is legal where you are but all I had to do was order it and have it sent to a local gun store. Now after I put about 100 rounds through  it this may be my new every day carry.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Just Picked Up A New LC9
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 12:57pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 12:07pm:
I don't know what is legal where you are but all I had to do was order it and have it sent to a local gun store. Now after I put about 100 rounds through  it this may be my new every day carry.

I don't doubt the Baron knows the intricacies downunder.  Personally, I think the barrel is too short and seven rounds is too few to be useful unless its intended purely for intimidation...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 1:01pm

We are not allowed to have anything for self defence here,guns,knives,pepper sprays,mace etc are all banned, they even banned slingshots.
The criminals don't obey laws so they are armed.

The LC9 isn't allowed for pistol target shooters here,barrel is too short for the 120mm minimum length for semi auto pistol, revolvers have a 100mm minimum barrel length.

Anything over a .38 needs a high calibre permit here, a .357 magnum is considered smaller than a .38 so they are ok.

You can get a Ruger charger on a pistol licence here yet a 10/22 is prohibited for rifle licence.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 3:50pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 1:01pm:
We are not allowed to have anything for self defence here,guns,knives,pepper sprays,mace etc are all banned, they even banned slingshots.

No, they aren't, Baron.  They are all allowed.

Quote:

True.  It was true before 1996 and its been true since.   Funny though, how the number of armed offences seem to be decreasing though,...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:36pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 3:50pm:

Quote:

True.  It was true before 1996 and its been true since.   Funny though, how the number of armed offences seem to be decreasing though,...   Roll Eyes

http://www.aic.gov.au/media_library/publications/mr/23/figure09.png

You cannot get a firearm licence for self defence,knives are not allowed to be carried in public without a genuine reason.

It's illegal to posses mace or pepper spray, you could get charged with assault defending yourself with these prohibited weapons.
Read what this lawyer says bwian-
www.criminallaw.com.au/blog/criminal/general/is-it-legal-to-carry-pepper-spray-i...

The firearm offences have decreased to our lowest ever levels while simultaneously increasing firearm numbers to their highest ever levels,Dr Samara McPhedran was right with more guns = less crime.
It's a fact we have our lowest ever gun crime rates while having our highest ever number of registered firearms.

Knife offences are going up,nobody says anything about knives being the most common  murder weapon,the anti gun bigots are silent about the large number of people who die from being stabbed/slashed every year.
Why are they silent on tougher knife laws? Roll Eyes

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:42pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:36pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 3:50pm:

Quote:

http://www.aic.gov.au/media_library/publications/mr/23/figure09.png

You cannot get a firearm licence for self defence,knives are not allowed to be carried in public without a genuine reason.

I don't distrust my fellow Australians to that point, so I don't have a problem with it, Baron.  You must live a very strange life that you distrust your fellow Australians that much...

Quote:
It's illegal to posses mace or pepper spray, you could get charged with assault defending yourself with these prohibited weapons.

It's not illegal to carry a tin of oven cleaner, Baron.   Why do we have to keep going over and over the same points all the time?  Can't you just accept the law as it is writ, Baron?  The rest of Australian society is happy with it.   If you're not happy, why not migrate to the US?  You'd be happy there in gun nut heaven!   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:51pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:42pm:
It's not illegal to carry a tin of oven cleaner, Baron.   Why do we have to keep going over and over the same points all the time?  Can't you just accept the law as it is writ, Baron?

Can you cite where someone has used oven cleaner for self defence bwian?

I do accept the law and take more note of what the legal profession says on pepper spray and mace being illegal despite your absurd claims they are legal.

Not enough people on your forum for a mass debate and relate bwian, is that why you are trolling this forum? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:55pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:51pm:

DECATUR — A central Illinois man has been sentenced to 11 years in prison for spraying oven cleaner on a 1-year-old boy and severely burning him.

The (Decatur) Herald & Review reports 24-year-old Cory Patterson was sentenced Wednesday in Macon County court after pleading guilty to aggravated battery to a child causing great bodily harm. Patterson originally told Decatur police the boy burned himself on hot water. He later admitted that he sprayed the boy's back with the substance in March.

or

About 1 a.m. Sunday, a man was sitting in a vehicle with his girlfriend at the Kangaroo gas station at 8496 Blanding Blvd. when a man knocked on his window, according to a report from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

Before the victim could react, the man forcibly opened the driver's side door and said, "Get out," according to the report. The attacker then produced a can of aerosol oven cleaner and sprayed the victim in the face for about 15 seconds.

As the victim attempted to hide his face, the attacker tried to reach for the victim's wallet, the victim said.

The man's girlfriend yelled that she was calling the police and the attacker fled, according to the report.

Police said the man's face was noticeably red and that according to a label on the can, which was found near the car, the contents were toxic if ingested.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:56pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:55pm:

DECATUR — A central Illinois man has been sentenced to 11 years in prison for spraying oven cleaner on a 1-year-old boy and severely burning him.

The (Decatur) Herald & Review reports 24-year-old Cory Patterson was sentenced Wednesday in Macon County court after pleading guilty to aggravated battery to a child causing great bodily harm. Patterson originally told Decatur police the boy burned himself on hot water. He later admitted that he sprayed the boy's back with the substance in March.

or

About 1 a.m. Sunday, a man was sitting in a vehicle with his girlfriend at the Kangaroo gas station at 8496 Blanding Blvd. when a man knocked on his window, according to a report from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

Before the victim could react, the man forcibly opened the driver's side door and said, "Get out," according to the report. The attacker then produced a can of aerosol oven cleaner and sprayed the victim in the face for about 15 seconds.

As the victim attempted to hide his face, the attacker tried to reach for the victim's wallet, the victim said.

The man's girlfriend yelled that she was calling the police and the attacker fled, according to the report.

Police said the man's face was noticeably red and that according to a label on the can, which was found near the car, the contents were toxic if ingested.

How was that self defence?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:58pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:56pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:55pm:

or

How was that self defence?

the baby was going to spew on him  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

(It wasn't).

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 5:32pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:42pm:
It's not illegal to carry a tin of oven cleaner, Baron.   Why do we have to keep going over and over the same points all the time?  Can't you just accept the law as it is writ, Baron?

http://www.hubbardtwppd.org/selfdefense/inhome.htm   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #11 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 9:16pm

The oven cleaner is similar to an idea I had using Wasp Spray like mace. I shared the idea online and the general opinion was it could became more of a legal issue then using something intended for defense.

It's just not right that you can be required to kill for Queen and Country but defense of self and loved ones is illegal! Many in the US believe if there are no legal firearms that it will change the heart of bad people. They never put it quite that way but to them the object has power over the user.  Many drugs are highly illegal but are still smuggled into the country, foreign made guns can come in the same way if these fools ever get their way.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 11:42pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 9:16pm:
The oven cleaner is similar to an idea I had using Wasp Spray like mace. I shared the idea online and the general opinion was it could became more of a legal issue then using something intended for defense.

It's just not right that you can be required to kill for Queen and Country but defense of self and loved ones is illegal!

It isn't.

Quote:
Many in the US believe if there are no legal firearms that it will change the heart of bad people. They never put it quite that way but to them the object has power over the user.  Many drugs are highly illegal but are still smuggled into the country, foreign made guns can come in the same way if these fools ever get their way. 

The majority of illegal firearms in Australia because of our relative isolation are stolen from "law abiding firearms owners".   Some are knowingly given into the illegal trade as well.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 12:34am

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 11:42pm:
... The majority of illegal firearms in Australia because of our relative isolation are stolen from "law abiding firearms owners". ...

You keep repeating that fabrication.

I'll keep asking for a link to back it up.

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #14 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 3:17pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 12:34am:
... The majority of illegal firearms in Australia because of our relative isolation are stolen from "law abiding firearms owners". ...

You keep repeating that fabrication.

I'll keep asking for a link to back it up.

I believe Baron posted a link to the recent Senate Report on the Illegal Gun Trade, Lionel.

Here's a question for you.  Where do you think the majority of the guns in our illegal gun trade originate from?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 3:48pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 3:17pm:
I believe Baron posted a link to the recent Senate Report on the Illegal Gun Trade, Lionel ...

He most certainly did. I also posted a link:

" ... The majority report said the evidence, including that from law enforcement agencies, confirmed that most illegal guns did not originate from licensed firearm owners. ... " https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/27035909/shortfall-in-gun-data-senate-committee/

Yet we have this:

The majority of illegal firearms in Australia because of our relative isolation are stolen from "law abiding firearms owners".  ...

So here we are.

Where is the link to support your comment?

Cool

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #16 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 8:22pm

The majority of guns are legally owned in Australia, Lionel.

As we don't really know what proportion of the illegally owned firearms came from which source and won't 'cause the majority of Senators on the Senate committee, blocked any better collection of data, it appears neither of us can prove our point.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #17 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 9:05pm

How long has your Government been keeping a registry of who owns firearms?

Our Government and media throw around numbers that are just guesses, no one knows how many have survived and function in the last 150 years. Before Mexico disarmed their honest citizens it was not uncommon for them to import whatever was legal for them. After the laws changed there I imagine some crossed the border going south while the drugs crossed north. That is where Obama got the idea to create the massive crime known as "Fast and Furious" ordering a few large gun shops to sell to obviously unqualified buyers. The sales were used to attempt to falsely prove all Mexico's violence was caused by the American gun industry. This President and his followers believe the ends justify the means, don't expect honesty about this or anything else from this bunch. Hopefully the next President will be named Paul, Cruz or Walker!

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 9:07pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 8:22pm:
The majority of guns are legally owned in Australia, Lionel. ...

I know that, Brian. Not even you could argue otherwise.

... As we don't really know what proportion of the illegally owned firearms came from which source and won't, it appears neither of us can prove our point.

I've gotta hand it to you, you keep getting up. Never say "die", eh?

So what you're telling me is that you're right, it's just that the 'data' hasn't been collected to support your previously stated position.

Mmmmm.

I think I'll claim this one, Brian. Given no references to the contrary, I think it's only fair.

And I'll certainly remember why references are sometimes hard to obtain:

" ... 'cause the majority of Senators on the Senate committee, blocked any better collection of data ".

That's even better than "such statistics are no longer collated".

Cool

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #19 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 11:28pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 9:05pm:

Our Government and media throw around numbers that are just guesses, no one knows how many have survived and function in the last 150 years. Before Mexico disarmed their honest citizens it was not uncommon for them to import whatever was legal for them. After the laws changed there I imagine some crossed the border going south while the drugs crossed north. That is where Obama got the idea to create the massive crime known as "Fast and Furious" ordering a few large gun shops to sell to obviously unqualified buyers. The sales were used to attempt to falsely prove all Mexico's violence was caused by the American gun industry. This President and his followers believe the ends justify the means, don't expect honesty about this or anything else from this bunch. Hopefully the next President will be named Paul, Cruz or Walker!

You seriously expect them to be honest?  This is American politics, indeed, just politics, we are discussing here, isn't it?  I somehow doubt that any politician could claim to be completely honest, about anything...

The "Fast and Furious" ATF operation was not intended to prove anything other than as a means to track firearms and lead to the arrest and disbandment of the various Mexican drug cartels.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #20 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 11:30pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 9:07pm:
The majority of guns are legally owned in Australia, Lionel. ...

I know that, Brian. Not even you could argue otherwise.

Why would I, Lionel?  I would have hoped you believed me to be more honest than that!  Have I ever told a lie to you?

Quote:
... As we don't really know what proportion of the illegally owned firearms came from which source and won't, it appears neither of us can prove our point.

I've gotta hand it to you, you keep getting up. Never say "die", eh?

So what you're telling me is that you're right, it's just that the 'data' hasn't been collected to support your previously stated position.

Mmmmm.

I think I'll claim this one, Brian. Given no references to the contrary, I think it's only fair.

And I'll certainly remember why references are sometimes hard to obtain:

" ... 'cause the majority of Senators on the Senate committee, blocked any better collection of data ".

That's even better than "such statistics are no longer collated".

Cool

Each to their own, Lionel.  I think I'd call it a "draw" at best.   I suspect though, you'd be the one hiding from the results if the data was available...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #21 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 11:36pm

I don't feel we share in the blame for criminal acts because our property is stolen. All firearms stolen from legal owners are still 100% the fault of the thief. A slogan was used about car theft back in the 60's I believe "Don't Let A Good Boy Go Bad" under the belief that the temptation to steal was more then some good people could overcome. Somehow if you left your keys in your car you shared in the blame, that makes as much sense as blaming a woman for her own rape based on how good she looks! So what I am saying is it makes no difference where they get the gun, they are the bad guys and deserve legal punishment. If your property is recovered it should be returned to you!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #22 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 12:00am

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 11:36pm:
I don't feel we share in the blame for criminal acts because our property is stolen. All firearms stolen from legal owners are still 100% the fault of the thief. A slogan was used about car theft back in the 60's I believe "Don't Let A Good Boy Go Bad" under the belief that the temptation to steal was more then some good people could overcome. Somehow if you left your keys in your car you shared in the blame, that makes as much sense as blaming a woman for her own rape based on how good she looks! So what I am saying is it makes no difference where they get the gun, they are the bad guys and deserve legal punishment. If your property is recovered it should be returned to you!

Well, I tend to agree with the coiners of that slogan.  You leave the keys in the car, you're asking for trouble.   Always remember though, locks are only ever designed to keep honest people out/away from the object they are protecting!

Gun owners, if they fail to secure their guns properly, are asking for trouble, particularly in such a lawless society as the USA's.   Do you secure your guns properly, storing the bolts separately (in the case of your semi/fully-automatic firearms)?   Or do you leave them lying around your household/car?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 2:45am

rubbish. Wake up to yourself.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #24 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 2:58am

We are not required to disable our firearms and ammo can be stored any way we choose. I feel better having a safe so my property doesn't get misused or stolen. There are no storage requirements just the responsibility to store them safely.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #25 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 3:22am

I obviously disagree, you are responsible for you and I am responsible for me. What you do is on you and you can't spread the blame. I am faultless if you steal my property and use it illegally. If I confront you taking or damaging my property I have no duty to retreat. I only have to argue that what I did was what a reasonable person might do in the same situation.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 11:53am

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 2:58am:
We are not required to disable our firearms and ammo can be stored any way we choose. I feel better having a safe so my property doesn't get misused or stolen. There are no storage requirements just the responsibility to store them safely.

Which explains why children can all too often get a hold of firearms and kill themselves or other people.   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 11:55am

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 3:22am:
I obviously disagree, you are responsible for you and I am responsible for me. What you do is on you and you can't spread the blame. I am faultless if you steal my property and use it illegally. If I confront you taking or damaging my property I have no duty to retreat. I only have to argue that what I did was what a reasonable person might do in the same situation.

So, shootin' the alleged culprit in the back or because they were a person of colour is OK then?    Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

I think the person whose tryin' to shirk the blame for what happens on their property is you!  Society has a right to be safe from what you do or don't do on your property.   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 12:47pm

The majority of guns are legally owned in Australia, Lionel.

As we don't really know what proportion of the illegally owned firearms came from which source and won't 'cause the majority of Senators on the Senate committee, blocked any better collection of data, it appears neither of us can prove our point.   Roll Eyes

The senate inquiry also pointed out a guess is the only way to come up with a number for illegal guns.

It takes a special kind of stupid to think criminals will participate in a survey on illegal gun ownership,drug users rarely dob in their supplier when caught so what makes you think a criminal with a gun will tell the truth on where he obtained the gun?
It's a waste of time and money to think you could get accurate data from criminals like bikies who never cooperate with the police.

The senators also blocked the suggestion for a national standard on security of gun club members data, there was no evidence presented to show gun club data security is a problem,this is another effort by the green bigots to demonise law abiding firearm owners.

Most can see this was just political grandstanding from the greens to appeal to the ignorant with their fear campaign against law abiding firearm owners.

The syndicate importing illegal glocks from Sylvania post office were caught when a glock with a serial number was recovered, the traced the glock back to Europe where it was purchased by one of the middle eastern people employed at Sylvania post office.
If the criminal was smart enough to remove the serial number from his glock they would never have been able to trace it.

All registered firearms have serial numbers, if you have a spare barrel for a rifle you must have the rifle serial number on the barrel.

If they recover a gun with a serial number the police can trace where it came from, if the gun has no serial numbers it cannot be traced.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 12:53pm

The senate inquiry had evidence all pistols were registered before 1996, none of them made it into the so called grey market of guns that were not handed in.

Registration of long arms came in 1996.

Canada had firearm registration they disbanded it because it did nothing to prevent crime, it is a waste of time and money.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 12:56pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 12:53pm:

The senate inquiry had evidence all pistols were registered before 1996, none of them made it into the so called grey market of guns that were not handed in.

Canada had firearm registration they disbanded it because it did nothing to prevent crime, it is a waste of time and money.

Of course we all know its a guvvermint plot to make collectin' yer firearms all that much easier, right Baron?

The Canadians stopped registering firearms 'cause they couldn't stop or slow the flood of firearms that came across their southern border, legally or illegally from the freeeedom lovin' US of A!   Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 12:57pm

I don't feel we share in the blame for criminal acts because our property is stolen. All firearms stolen from legal owners are still 100% the fault of the thief.

In Australia if your firearm is stolen you can be charged with fail to prevent the loss or theft of a firearm.

The fact that you are a victim of crime does not register with the anti gun bigots.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 1:00pm

|dev|null wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 12:56pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 12:53pm:

Of course we all know its a guvvermint plot to make collectin' yer firearms all that much easier, right Baron?

The Canadians stopped registering firearms 'cause they couldn't stop or slow the flood of firearms that came across their southern border, legally or illegally from the freeeedom lovin' US of A!   Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

The Canadians realised gun registration was a waste of time and money,criminals don't register their guns.

Why does New Zealand have such a low firearm homicide rate despite allowing semi autos with sound moderators and no requirement for gun registration?

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 1:11pm

The reality is that the Canadian Conservatives hated the gun registry because of an ideological idea that it made innocent people criminals, nothing more Baron.

I'd recommend you read a well balanced report here   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #34 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 3:30pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 12:57pm:
I don't feel we share in the blame for criminal acts because our property is stolen. All firearms stolen from legal owners are still 100% the fault of the thief.

In Australia if your firearm is stolen you can be charged with fail to prevent the loss or theft of a firearm.

The fact that you are a victim of crime does not register with the anti gun bigots.

The fact you should do your best to properly secure a deadly weapon doesnt register with the pro gun nuts

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 4:49pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 3:30pm:

The fact you should do your best to properly secure a deadly weapon doesnt register with the pro gun nuts

Safe storage regulations were imposed in 1996 so it's bullshit to say it doesn't register with law abiding firearm owners.

Your guns are confiscated for non compliance with safe storage,it's something law abiding firearm owners take very seriously.

There have been many cases of thieves stealing the safe,of course it's advised the firing mechanism isn't stored with the gun in the safe, the police did say in the senate inquiry many stolen rifles did not contain the firing mechanism as the owners were following the rules and these guns probably ended up in rivers when the thieves realised they were worthless without the firing pin.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 5:56pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 4:49pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 3:30pm:

Safe storage regulations were imposed in 1996 so it's bullshit to say it doesn't register with law abiding firearm owners.

In Oz, perhaps, Baron, perhaps.  In the good ol' US of A?  Doesn't seem to register with those gun nuts...   Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Quote:
Your guns are confiscated for non compliance with safe storage,it's something law abiding firearm owners take very seriously.

As they seem to love their inanimate objects more than their children, it's not surprising, really.

Quote:
There have been many cases of thieves stealing the safe,of course it's advised the firing mechanism isn't stored with the gun in the safe, the police did say in the senate inquiry many stolen rifles did not contain the firing mechanism as the owners were following the rules and these guns probably ended up in rivers when the thieves realised they were worthless without the firing pin.

Good.  I'd take the firing pins out of all guns!   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #37 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 9:57pm

Please define "store them safely".

What you consider safe may well not be, according to a sensible observer.

Please define "reasonable person" in the context of Australian law versus what is considered a "reasonable person" in US law.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 10:20pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 9:57pm:

Please define "store them safely".

What you consider safe may well not be, according to a sensible observer.

Please define "reasonable person" in the context of Australian law versus what is considered a "reasonable person" in US law.   Roll Eyes

@ mortdooley

Please do not respond to this post!

You do not have the time, interest or reason to respond simply because you will get involved in explanations, statistics, quotes, links, arguments, factual distortions, etc.

Just ask a simple question and expect a simple answer.

Proceed at your own peril. If you need any convincing, go here:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1389775225/1215

That's my two-bits worth.

Cool

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #39 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 10:52pm

You really don't like people who can argue, do you, Lionel?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #40 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 11:53pm

I don't know what a reasonable response is where you live but a Judge will decide here after the fact. Are you a Hero, did you do what you had to, did you over react or are you a murderer? Every case is different, I mean no one any harm but I refuse to be a victim!

There is very little chance that I will be involved in a violent crime but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I don't do drugs or drink to excess or go places where other people do. I don't go anywhere illegal activity might be taking place. I spend as little time as possible in anyplace labeled as a "Gun Free Zone", you can guess who will ignore the sign.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #41 - Apr 14th, 2015 at 9:46am

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 13th, 2015 at 11:53pm:
There is very little chance that I will be involved in a violent crime but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I don't do drugs or drink to excess or go places where other people do. I don't go anywhere illegal activity might be taking place. I spend as little time as possible in anyplace labeled as a "Gun Free Zone", you can guess who will ignore the sign.

So you don't go where other people do, i.e. not leaving the house.

Or anywhere illegal activity might be occurring, so why are you on the internet or driving?

And ignoring Gun Free Zones would be domain of pro-gun nuts and Second Amendment idiots

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #42 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 8:09am

I can try to explain it to you but I can't understand it for you!

Any business that displays the proper signage in a prominent place near its entrance is one example of a gun free zone. I support their right to run their business any way they choose, I will not support them with my patronage. When the "Shall Issue" first became law in Texas  many stores posted signs, many customers in the politest of terms informed them they would shop elsewhere as long as the signs remained. Most signs came down! The good people of this state who went to the trouble to be background checked, tested and charged fees are not a problem. Our last Governor believes us to have shown we are the good guys  so if you visit the Texas Capital Building you will be required to empty your pockets in a bowl and have all bags and purses scanned. Unless you have a CHL and then you just smile at the security people, show your card and walk right in.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #43 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 10:13am

Charming.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 12:14pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 14th, 2015 at 9:46am:
And ignoring Gun Free Zones would be domain of pro-gun nuts and Second Amendment idiots

Ignoring gun free zones would be the domain of criminals and not law abiding firearm owners.

The anti gun bigots cannot differentiate between lawful and criminal carry of a firearm,bigots like you say we should not judge all muslims by the devout terrorists yet when it comes to firearms bigots like you tar all law abiding firearm owners with the criminal brush.

So why do all these mass shootings happen in gun free zones and why has there never been a mass shooting at a NRA convention or gun show where they are swamped with guns?

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 12:18pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 15th, 2015 at 10:13am:
Charming.

Alarming!   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 12:32pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 15th, 2015 at 12:14pm:

Ignoring gun free zones would be the domain of criminals and not law abiding firearm owners.

But that is exactly what many "law-abidin' firearm owners" do in the US of A, 'cause they got them a gun ownin' right in their constitution!  Just read any of the pro-gun-nut stuff on the web to see that Baron!   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Quote:
The anti gun bigots cannot differentiate between lawful and criminal carry of a firearm,bigots like you say we should not judge all muslims by the devout terrorists yet when it comes to firearms bigots like you tar all law abiding firearm owners with the criminal brush.

You want a gun to "protect yourself" from your fellow Australians who are no threat to you Baron.  What does that say about how you view your fellow Australians, Muslim or not?  Remember, this is Australia, not Guadalajara in Mexico...

Quote:
So why do all these mass shootings happen in gun free zones

Do they?  Really?   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Quote:
and why has there never been a mass shooting at a NRA convention or gun show where they are swamped with guns?

It will happen Baron, it will unfortunately happen.   Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 12:39pm

|dev|null wrote on Apr 15th, 2015 at 12:32pm:

But that is exactly what many "law-abidin' firearm owners" do in the US of A, 'cause they got them a gun ownin' right in their constitution!  Just read any of the pro-gun-nut stuff on the web to see that Baron!   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy
Law abiding firearm owners don't take guns into gun free zones hb,criminals don't care about the law so they like gun free zones with easy victims.
A convicted felon is not allowed to own a gun in the USA,why is there no talk about their 2A rights?

Quote:

You want a gun to "protect yourself" from your fellow Australians who are no threat to you Baron.  What does that say about how you view your fellow Australians, Muslim or not?  Remember, this is Australia, not Guadalajara in Mexico...
Strawman hb,cite where I have said I want a gun for self defence

Quote:

Schools have been gun free zones for over 25 years, that's just one example.

Quote:
and why has there never been a mass shooting at a NRA convention or gun show where they are swamped with guns?

It will happen Baron, it will unfortunately happen.   Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
In the long history of NRA conventios and gun shows not one mass shooting.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 3:16pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 15th, 2015 at 12:39pm:
|dev|null wrote on Apr 15th, 2015 at 12:32pm:

Law abiding firearm owners don't take guns into gun free zones hb,criminals don't care about the law so they like gun free zones with easy victims.
A convicted felon is not allowed to own a gun in the USA,why is there no talk about their 2A rights?
[/quote]

How many gun massacres have occurred in "gun free zones" in the US as against the rest of the country Baron?

As for convicted felons, they obviously lost their rights when they got convicted - typical American hypocrisy!

Quote:
Quote:

Strawman hb,cite where I have said I want a gun for self defence [/quote]

That is what you have implied in many of your posts Baron.

Quote:
Quote:

]Schools have been gun free zones for over 25 years, that's just one example. [/quote]

And how many massacres have occurring in schools in the US Baron?

Quote:
Quote:

In the long history of NRA conventios and gun shows not one mass shooting. [/quote]

Really?  You absolutely sure on that Baron?   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #49 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 10:23pm

"In the long history of NRA conventions and gun shows not one mass shooting. [/quote]

"Really?  You absolutely sure on that Baron?"

Yes, I am absolutely sure.
At any NRA annual meeting the weapons on display are incapable of firing however there are thousands of loaded ones on the Attendees out of sight. As hard as it is for some to understand it is one of the safest places you can be.

The only crime I ever saw was a failed entrapment. Democratic Representative Sheila Jackson Lee sent two of her Stooges to buy Machine Guns for cash anonymously at the big Houston Show. No one in the gun culture is going to bother with full auto unless they have jumped through all the government hoops to own one legally. The requirements to own them and other regulated devices is at least as restricted as your firearms!
Rep Lee can be seen at the end of any Obama State Of The Union speech. She is the garishly dressed large woman with the crown weave hair pushing forward for a hug from Pooky.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 11:21am

So, why are the American gun nuts so willing to accept regulation of fully automatic weapons but not semi-automatic ones?  What's the difference except the pull of a trigger?

Just another of those strange contradictions from the US gun nut community!   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 12:40pm

|dev|null wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 11:21am:
So, why are the American gun nuts so willing to accept regulation of fully automatic weapons but not semi-automatic ones?  What's the difference except the pull of a trigger?

Just another of those strange contradictions from the US gun nut community!   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Not many gun owners want a full auto HB,they are expensive to feed with ammo.

The FBI stats show around 300 rifle homicides a year, these rifle figures include semi auto.
As Svengali pointed out in another thread around 3000 people die from food poisoning every year in the USA.

You should check out the assault rifle bans in the USA HB before making a fool of yourself yet again/

Perhaps it would be better to enforce the laws you have-
Quote:
Sacramento
California authorities are empowered to seize weapons owned by convicted felons and people with mental illness,but staff shortages and funding cuts have left a backlog of more than 19,700 people to disarm,a law enforcement official said.
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan/29/local/la-me-california-guns-20130130

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #52 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 12:43pm

The National Firearms Act was passed in 1934 due to too many Jimmy Cagney gangster movies!

I have an NFA Trust and if I wanted to pay the inflated price for a full auto I would legally  own one!
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2015 at 12:54pm by Mortdooley »  

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 12:54pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 12:43pm:
The National Firearms Act was passed in 1934 due to too many Jimmy Cagney gangster movies!

Imagine a world where it hadn't been passed!  Too many Jimmy Cagney look-a-likes would be shooting each other and us up with their legally acquired fully-automatic firearms!   Angry Angry Angry Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 12:55pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 12:40pm:

The FBI stats show around 300 rifle homicides a year, these rifle figures include semi auto.
As Svengali pointed out in another thread around 3000 people die from food poisoning every year in the USA.

You should check out the assault rifle bans in the USA HB before making a fool of yourself yet again/

Quote:
Sacramento
California authorities are empowered to seize weapons owned by convicted felons and people with mental illness,but staff shortages and funding cuts have left a backlog of more than 19,700 people to disarm,a law enforcement official said.

My god!  Don't the mentally ill have rights too?  How dare they infringe on those Americans who perceive the world differently!   Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 1:05pm

|dev|null wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 12:55pm:

Quote:
Sacramento

My god!  Don't the mentally ill have rights too?   Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

You appear to have rights Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 1:21pm

But I am not mentally ill, unlike you Baron with your Islamophobia and Gun-nuttery.   Quick, what's your address?  I think you need to be reported to police!   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #57 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 1:39pm

Hoplophobia  can be overcome if you try.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 2:57pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 1:39pm:

No phobia in my case.  I fear the gun nuts, not their tools.   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #59 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 7:52pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 1:39pm:

Would you fall into the trap that many pro-gun people do of describing anybody who promotes the regulation of firearms as a "Hoplophobe"?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #60 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 10:36pm

If you don't fear an unattended weapon you must fear a loss of power over other people. The Old, the Sick, the Frail, the Timid, Women or just plain Peace Loving. Most Bullies I have met dislike those they torment being able to fight back.

Old Quote:

“Be not afraid of any man;
No matter what his size;
When danger threatens, call on me—
And I will equalize!” 

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #61 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 12:16am

I fear very little in my society.  I don't hold power over anybody.   I spent 10 years in the Army, so I'm familiar with firearms and how they can be used to hurt, maim and kill people as well as deter them.   Which is why I fear the people who have them, rather than the weapons themselves.   My society decided overwhelming that we don't want to go down the American route as far as firearms are concerned.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 11:38am

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 17th, 2015 at 12:16am:
My society decided overwhelming that we don't want to go down the American route as far as firearms are concerned.   Roll Eyes

I always find it amazing that some people appear unable to accept a democratically arrived at decision, particularly Americans.  History is full of examples of where they intervened or invaded to overthrow a democratically elected government which made decisions they disagreed with.   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #63 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 12:27pm

The Right of Self Defense  is a Natural Law no government can take away. Governments don't grant rights they can only protect or deny your God given rights.

You shouldn't fear your armed neighbors, I'm sure they are responsible people.

« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2015 at 12:34pm by Mortdooley »  

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #64 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 12:32pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 17th, 2015 at 12:27pm:
The Right of Self Defense  is a Natural Law no government can take away. Governments don't grant rights they can only protect or deny your God given rights.

I still have the right to defend myself. The right was never taken away by the Oz government. Just one method. Besides if we as a people want gun rights back don't you think the gun laws would have been overturned.

Again, democracy mortdooley. We spoke, deal with it.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #65 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 12:36pm

Yes, democracy:two wolves and a sheep voting on what is for dinner!

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #66 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 12:39pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 17th, 2015 at 12:36pm:

So which ones correct, our democratic wish to not have your guns, or Yanks democratic wish to have guns.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #67 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 12:53pm

I would never want anyone to force American weapons on you. Actually I would like you to export old weapons to a few of our importers. Some old webleys would be nice, in the past I've bought firearms imported from China, Israel, Canada, Eastern  Europe  Spain and Argentina.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #68 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 1:06pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 17th, 2015 at 12:53pm:
I would never want anyone to force American weapons on you. Actually I would like you to export old weapons to a few of our importers. Some old webleys would be nice, in the past I've bought firearms imported from China, Israel, Canada, Eastern  Europe  Spain and Argentina.

I have my own weapons, About a metre in length, 700 gramss and made out of carbon fibre. Produce a hockey stickl and no one tends to argue.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #69 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 1:11pm

I have a goofy ass sword around here someplace but I don't brag about it. It even has a sharp edge, that's why I keep it away from the grand kids.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #70 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 6:34pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 17th, 2015 at 12:27pm:

Rights are granted by people to other people, Mortdooley.  I don't believe in God so, who granted me my rights?  They were hard fought for through the actions of men and women.   They were in advance often, of those your God granted your society.

Quote:
You shouldn't fear your armed neighbors, I'm sure they are responsible people.

So, why do so many break the law?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #71 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 6:36pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 17th, 2015 at 12:36pm:

And what is the alternative which promotes the good for the greatest number of people and protects the rights of the minorities?

Well?  As you reside in a republic, not a democracy, don't you think you need to think about how YOUR society works before you criticise OUR society?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #72 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 6:37pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 17th, 2015 at 12:53pm:

Do you feel any safer for having done so?  It seems not, as you appear to keep needing to purchase more and different firearms all the time...    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #73 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 6:46pm

Been down that route before, Baron.

In reality the FBI statistics for 2011 show that there were over 8,583 homicides in the USA conducted with firearms.  In 2012, there were over 8,855. A great deal more than your paltry 300!  Why do you keep lying about the total number of homicides which have been committed in the USA with firearms?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Compare that with Australia's total firearms related homicide rate of 40 for 2012...

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 8:55pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 17th, 2015 at 6:46pm:

In reality the FBI statistics for 2011 show that there were over 8,583 homicides in the USA conducted with firearms.  In 2012, there were over 8,855. A great deal more than your paltry 300!  Why do you keep lying about the total number of homicides which have been committed in the USA with firearms?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Compare that with Australia's total firearms related homicide rate of 40 for 2012...

Oh dear! Statistics again!

See what you can do with this:

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-wor...

Lots of omissions on that list. And lots of those omissions would yield significant data, if it were available.

Knock yourselves out, guys!

We killed 1,310 people by motor vehicle in 2012.

In 2003 there were 15,511 smoking related deaths - http://www.myvmc.com/lifestyles/smoking-statistics/

Drugs killed how many last year?

How many deaths related to Islam in this country in the past 12 months?

And GUNS are the problem?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #75 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 10:14pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Apr 17th, 2015 at 8:55pm:

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-wor...

Lots of omissions on that list. And lots of those omissions would yield significant data, if it were available.

In 2003 there were 15,511 smoking related deaths - http://www.myvmc.com/lifestyles/smoking-statistics/

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

2 deaths related to Islam

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Apr 17th, 2015 at 10:26pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 17th, 2015 at 10:14pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You sure?

What about all the drive-bys, the gang killings, the home invasions, the gun crime, the drug-related killings?

Nuffin' to see here, folks - it's all entirely unrelated.

Roll Eyes

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #77 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 12:12am

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You want to start a thread about those other forms of death, I'll be right in there, with you, arguing about what caused them, Lionel.

How about in this thread, which is about purchasing a new firearm in the United States be about it and all the other firearms in the United States?  Or is keeping ontopic too hard for you?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #78 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 12:14am

Lionel Edriess wrote on Apr 17th, 2015 at 10:26pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 17th, 2015 at 10:14pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You sure?

What about all the drive-bys, the gang killings, the home invasions, the gun crime, the drug-related killings?

Nuffin' to see here, folks - it's all entirely unrelated.

Roll Eyes

Perhaps you'd care to demonstrate to us a causative link between Islam and those crimes, in the discussions about Islam, Lionel and not here?  Remember, this thread is about the purchase of a firearm, in the United States for use, in the United States and why we don't want such firearms in Australian society...   Roll Eyes

BTW, before we go any further, I've no real fear of firearms.  Nor of my fellow Australians who abide by the laws, as the are writ.  Nor do I think the USA needs more firearms regulation.  Enforcement of existing firearms' laws might help though.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #79 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 12:12pm

American Gun Rights  groups support harsher penalties for those who commit violent crimes with firearms. A mandatory extra five years in prison for using a gun while commiting a violent crime might cause some to use a less lethal weapon.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 1:40pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 12:12pm:
American Gun Rights  groups support harsher penalties for those who commit violent crimes with firearms. A mandatory extra five years in prison for using a gun while commiting a violent crime might cause some to use a less lethal weapon.

Perhaps if Americans stopped pursuing their happiness in the form of material goods, the thieves might find it easier.   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #81 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 7:54pm

Obviously you have no concept of who commits most of the crimes. Do a Web search for  "Confessions of a Public Defender".

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #82 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:10pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 12:12pm:

Harsher penalties send a message.  However, is it the message you want sent?  It would easier to make sure that ANYBODY who uses a gun suffers a penalty, be it a defensive or offensive use of the firearm.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #83 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:36pm

Really Brian, You would see a potential victim Prosecuted for fending off an attacker?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #84 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:42pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:36pm:
Really Brian, You would see a potential victim Prosecuted for fending off an attacker?

Yes, if they have broken the law, definitely.  Under Commonwealth Law there is no such thing as "justifiable homicide".   Criminals have exactly the same rights before the law as does everybody else.   You hurt/kill one, you're up before the beak, just the same as if the criminal hurts/kills you.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #85 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 9:40pm

I don't believe you are that much of a pacifist that you would not get off your knees and do everything possible to protect yourself and loved ones.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:15pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 8:42pm:

Yes, if they have broken the law, definitely.  Under Commonwealth Law there is no such thing as "justifiable homicide".   Criminals have exactly the same rights before the law as does everybody else.   You hurt/kill one, you're up before the beak, just the same as if the criminal hurts/kills you.
True, the best policy if you use weapons against an intruder in your home is to claim afterwards that they attacked you with the same weapon first and you managed to get it off them in a struggle. Always stick to this story.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #87 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:19pm

rhino wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:15pm:

True, the best policy if you use weapons against an intruder in your home is to claim afterwards that they attacked you with the same weapon first and you managed to get it off them in a struggle. Always stick to this story.

(Ignoring the obvious inconsistency in that)......How would you know about 'best policy?'

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:26pm

if possible and they are deceased, place the weapon in their hand. Also, try and cut yourself on the forehead region before the cops arrive, this will create a lot of blood with minimal pain but will look good. Dont clean your blood, you want it everywhere.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:32pm

of course that was just generalised advice and if its not legal in your area then I recommend seeking the services of a professional.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #90 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:50pm

Why don't all you Rambos  rely on Judo instead?

That's all Putin needs.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #91 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:50pm

rhino wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:15pm:

Why are you ashamed of facing the judiciary that you feel the need to lie about what has occurred?   Roll Eyes

Surely, if you feel you are justified in what you may have done, you should be willing to face the consequences of your actions?  I understood that law abiding gun owners took responsibility for their own safety?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #92 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:51pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:50pm:

That's all Putin needs.

Judo is OK.  Personally, I've always preferred Karate, Bobby.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #93 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:55pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:51pm:

That's all Putin needs.

But Judo doesn't break the law because it just puts the attacker on the ground.

Karate involves kicking or punching someones lights out.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #94 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:58pm

You do not fake anything, if the facts won't stand up you deserve to go to jail!

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #95 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:15pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:58pm:
You do not fake anything, if the facts won't stand up you deserve to go to jail!

That's why you need a black belt in Judo.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #96 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:22pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 10:55pm:

That's all Putin needs.

No, it doesn't.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #97 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:23pm

Why are you frightened of taking responsibility for your actions?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #98 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:26pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:22pm:

That's all Putin needs.

But I know a Judo expert who kept flipping an attacker on to the ground.
The police couldn't charge him as there were no marks or bruises.

If he would have used Karate & put the bloke in hospital he would have been charged with assault.

He controlled a bad situation without getting anyone injured.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #99 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:31pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:26pm:

That's all Putin needs.

If he would have used Karate & put the bloke in hospital he would have been charged with assault.

Good on him.  You're assuming that there is only one response in Karate.  There are many ways to respond and most don't include striking/kicking.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #100 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:35pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:31pm:

That's all Putin needs.

Good on him.  You're assuming that there is only one response in Karate.  There are many ways to respond and most don't include striking/kicking.   Roll Eyes

Like what?

Judo is the only martial art I know of that has a low risk of injuring someone.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #101 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:40pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:35pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 11:31pm:

That's all Putin needs.

Like what?

Judo is the only martial art I know of that has a low risk of injuring someone.

Karate includes a whole load of throws, tackles and open handed hits, Bobby.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #102 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 12:03am

Quote:
Karate includes a whole load of throws, tackles and open handed hits, Bobby. 

That's not what I've seen.

I mostly see Karate students punching & kicking each other.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #103 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 12:17am

Bobby. wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 12:03am:
Quote:

All depends what level you're at, Bobby.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #104 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 12:17am

It's all well and good that some of you are so well prepared to enter into a contest of strength with strangers over your watch, cell phone and wallet.
What about the Old, weak or small? Are they just victims waiting to be a crime statistic?
What happens when you see a violent crime being committed, do you record it with your cell phone so you can post it on your Facebook? It appears you could be charged with assault if you tried to help! 

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #105 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 12:18am

I dont agree Mort. The law is inherently loaded against the average person and people defending their own home dont deserve to go to jail. This is Australia we are talking about, not the US. Over there you can shoot a burglar in the back and get a medal, here you will get 25 years.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #106 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 12:20am

Quote:

Its a linear method of fighting and not effective against a skilled opponent.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #107 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 1:18am

It seems to me that a culture that protects the aggressor would breed more aggressors and more crime!

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #108 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 9:50am

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 1:18am:
It seems to me that a culture that protects the aggressor would breed more aggressors and more crime!

Good thing we dont have that here then.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #109 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 10:32am

Cute

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #110 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 10:44am

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 10:32am:
Cute

Thanks.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 11:28am

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 1:18am:

You forget, many Australians came from such a society where the only response was to hang the transgressor.  We ended up becoming a tough, hard-minded and difficult to control mob of bastards who protect their own fiercely - within the laws we have created for ourselves.  Our laws work for us.  They wouldn't work in America because most Americans don't respect the law.  We do, for the most part.  I'd be more willing to trust a fellow Australian than a fellow American.  On my visit to the US, I never went a night when I didn't hear a firearm being discharged in the cities I visited.  I had few truly sleep filled nights there.  I always made sure my hotel room door was locked and barricaded at night.  I cannot understand how you Americans can live like that, 24x7x365 days a year.  No wonder you're nearly all batshit crazy!   Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #112 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 12:10pm

It must be the company you keep because I have stayed in strange cities  from coast to coast and never heard  a shot fired in anger or stupidity!

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #113 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 1:07pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 12:10pm:
It must be the company you keep because I have stayed in strange cities  from coast to coast and never heard  a shot fired in anger or stupidity!

Merely cold indifference?

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #114 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 3:55pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 12:10pm:

I'd hardly call Computer Nerds to be "bad company".  Obviously you stay in the nicer parts of the cities perhaps?  Where all the white people hang out?   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 4:23pm

|dev|null wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 11:28am:
On my visit to the US, I never went a night when I didn't hear a firearm being discharged in the cities I visited.  I had few truly sleep filled nights there.  I always made sure my hotel room door was locked and barricaded at night.  I cannot understand how you Americans can live like that, 24x7x365 days a year.  No wonder you're nearly all batshit crazy

I lived and worked in the USA for 2 years,never heard a gunshot or saw civilians carrying, I have visited half a dozen times in the last decade and still haven't heard gunshots.

What cities were you in HB I am calling bullshit on your bullshit.

Funny how you never mention the gun culture of your beloved muslims,automatic gunfire is common at Arab weddings,can you cite any automatic guns being fired to celebrate weddings in the USA?
Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Shocked Shocked

Why do leftists ignore Arab and muslim gun culture ?

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #116 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 4:38pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 4:23pm:

Perhaps because it's so bloody rare in Australia Baron?

Nah, much easier to post a link to an Arab wedding overseas and claim it's typical to all Muslims, now isn't it?

ALL guns used by ANYBODY are WRONG Baron.  Got the message?   Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #117 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 5:15pm

Still waiting HB

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #118 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:18pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 12:17am:
Quote:

All depends what level you're at, Bobby.  Roll Eyes

Ask Putin -
Judo is the best to control a situation:

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #119 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:20pm

Judos just a sport, not much good in real life.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #120 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:21pm

rhino wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:20pm:
Judos just a sport, not much good in real life.

Don't say that to Putin.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #121 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:32pm

"Just Picked Up A New LC9"

Cheaper than a prosthetic penis?    Undecided

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:46pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:21pm:

whats he gonna do, sport me?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #123 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:48pm

rhino wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:46pm:

Ask Abbott why he didn't shirtfront Putin.

( He knew what would happen. )

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #124 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:53pm

Putin wouldnt stand a chance against a trained boxer, hes all hat and no cattle.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:56pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:48pm:

Shirt front?  I thought he said shirt lift.

Carry on.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #126 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:57pm

rhino wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:53pm:
Putin wouldnt stand a chance against a trained boxer, hes all hat and no cattle.

Never underestimate your opponent.

Putin was in the KGB & learnt Judo - not boxing.

you are forgiven

namaste

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #127 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 8:00pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:56pm:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:48pm:

Shirt front?  I thought he said shirt lift.

Carry on.

Greggy gets in a gay comment - hardly surprising.

IP Logged

MumboJumbo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #128 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 8:13pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:57pm:
rhino wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 7:53pm:

Never underestimate your opponent.

Putin was in the KGB & learnt Judo - not boxing.

you are forgiven

namaste

Not to mention nefarious KGB assassination methods.

See Profile For Update wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 2:58pm:
Why the bugger did I get stuck on a planet chalked full of imbeciles?

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #129 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 10:26pm

That Gay comment was a bit creepy.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #130 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 10:37pm

Well, I am off to PSC, the Shooting club where I have a membership. I am taking five or six of my prosthetic penises including the above mentioned Ruger!  Catch up later.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #131 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 10:40pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 10:37pm:
Well, I am off to PSC, the Shooting club where I have a membership. I am taking five or six of my prosthetic penises including the above mentioned Ruger!  Catch up later.

least he admits its a replacement for small tackle

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #132 - Apr 21st, 2015 at 10:54pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 10:26pm:

Very creepy for Abbott:

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #133 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 2:37am

Actually Mr.Weasel has a longer barrel then anything in the shooting bag! I just find it weird that anyone here would talk about the big guy.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #134 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 11:17am

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 5:15pm:

Still waiting HB

LA, SF, Minneapolis, Chicago, New York Baron.  Cities not some hick towns out in the boondocks.   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #135 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 11:19am

Are you frightened of gay people?   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 11:20am

Sir Booby isn't creepy - he's just gay.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that)

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #137 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 12:11pm

|dev|null wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 11:17am:

Still waiting HB

LA, SF, Minneapolis, Chicago, New York Baron.  Cities not some hick towns out in the boondocks.   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Those states have assault rifle bans and the toughest gun laws in the USA,how are those laws working HB?

What is the deomographic doing all the gun crime in Chicago HB, did they ban gun shops there?

I spent a year in the Back Bay in Boston,Boston is hardly some hick town Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #138 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 12:18pm

|dev|null wrote on Apr 21st, 2015 at 4:38pm:

Nah, much easier to post a link to an Arab wedding overseas and claim it's typical to all Muslims, now isn't it?

The drive by shootings in south western Sydney are done by your Arab mates HB, they are fairly common,Merrylands tops the list they have 20% muslims according to the census.
www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=drive+by+shooting+sydney

Gunfire is common at Arab weddings HB,why are you silent on Arab gun culture,your mate the gang rapist Bilal Skaf posted photos of him handling guns.
www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=arab+wedding+gun

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #139 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 12:39pm

If you are willing to spend about $100 a night for a room chances are you will not hear any gunfire.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 1:17pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 12:11pm:
|dev|null wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 11:17am:

Still waiting HB

Those states have assault rifle bans and the toughest gun laws in the USA,how are those laws working HB?

Laws that only work within the city boundaries - when a transgressor is caught and punished!  They work as well as any laws do Baron.  You'd rather there were no gun laws and we all lived in the Wild West!   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Quote:
I spent a year in the Back Bay in Boston,Boston is hardly some hick town Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

So, how well did the anti-Terrorism laws work in Boston Baron?  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #141 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 1:21pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 12:18pm:

The drive by shootings in south western Sydney are done by your Arab mates HB, they are fairly common,Merrylands tops the list they have 20% muslims according to the census.

Gunfire is common at Arab weddings HB,why are you silent on Arab gun culture,your mate the gang rapist Bilal Skaf posted photos of him handling guns.

I'm not silent on it.  Your problem is I just don't single out Arabs in Australia - unlike you Baron!  You want only Arabs to be forbidden guns!  Typical Islamophobic thinking there!  How long have you hated Arabs and Muslims?  Did a big nasty Arabic Muslim frighten you as a child Baron?   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #142 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 2:10pm

|dev|null wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 1:21pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 22nd, 2015 at 12:18pm:

I'm not silent on it.  Your problem is I just don't single out Arabs in Australia - unlike you Baron!

Can you cite any examples of non muslims firing guns at weddings to celebrate HB or is that something unique to Arab muslims?

What about these people Hb,hw many of our laws did they ignore, was the SKS they used to shoot up a house outlawed in 1996, did they steal guns from a security company,is this an example people shooting their own family?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwiche-Razzak-Fahda_family_conflict

The OP in the gun laws thread has a link on Bob Knight who was killed when your mates went to Milperra KFC to settle a dispute by firing a Ruger pistol.

Your mate Monis had an illegal gun.

Khaled Sharrouf was busted illegally shooting at Lithgow with a gun given to him by one of your muslim mates.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #143 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 3:06pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 2:10pm:
Can you cite any examples of non muslims firing guns at weddings to celebrate HB or is that something unique to Arab muslims?

You really are pig ignorant, aren't you Baron?
Quote:
Celebratory gunfire (also called aerial firing or happy fire) is the shooting of a firearm into the air in celebration. It is culturally accepted in parts of the Balkans, the Middle East, the Central Asian region of Afghanistan, the South Asian regions of Pakistan and Northern India as well as Latin American regions. In regions such as Puerto Rico and other areas of the United States it is practiced illegally, especially on holidays like New Year's Eve.[1]

[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebratory_gunfire]

Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 3:15pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 2:10pm:
The OP in the gun laws thread has a link on Bob Knight who was killed when your mates went to Milperra KFC to settle a dispute by firing a Ruger pistol.

Your mate Monis had an illegal gun.

Khaled Sharrouf was busted illegally shooting at Lithgow with a gun given to him by one of your muslim mates.

If I wanted to be childish, I suppose I could start talking about your mates Baron.

You know, Martin Bryant, Julian Knight, John Tran, Frank Vitkovic, Paul Anthony Evers, Wade Frankum, Peter May, Geoff Hunt?   Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #145 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 3:40pm

The old LC9 Torana was a real goer in its day.

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #146 - Apr 27th, 2015 at 10:23am

Well the Ruger finally made it to the range after all this rain we have had lately. One hundred rounds without a single failure of any kind, now it goes most places I do.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print