Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Just Picked Up A New LC9 (Read 15596 times)
Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Just Picked Up A New LC9
Apr 11th, 2015 at 12:07pm

I don't know what is legal where you are but all I had to do was order it and have it sent to a local gun store. Now after I put about 100 rounds through  it this may be my new every day carry.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Just Picked Up A New LC9
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 12:57pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 12:07pm:
I don't know what is legal where you are but all I had to do was order it and have it sent to a local gun store. Now after I put about 100 rounds through  it this may be my new every day carry.

I don't doubt the Baron knows the intricacies downunder.  Personally, I think the barrel is too short and seven rounds is too few to be useful unless its intended purely for intimidation...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 1:01pm

We are not allowed to have anything for self defence here,guns,knives,pepper sprays,mace etc are all banned, they even banned slingshots.
The criminals don't obey laws so they are armed.

The LC9 isn't allowed for pistol target shooters here,barrel is too short for the 120mm minimum length for semi auto pistol, revolvers have a 100mm minimum barrel length.

Anything over a .38 needs a high calibre permit here, a .357 magnum is considered smaller than a .38 so they are ok.

You can get a Ruger charger on a pistol licence here yet a 10/22 is prohibited for rifle licence.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 3:50pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 1:01pm:
We are not allowed to have anything for self defence here,guns,knives,pepper sprays,mace etc are all banned, they even banned slingshots.

No, they aren't, Baron.  They are all allowed.

Quote:

True.  It was true before 1996 and its been true since.   Funny though, how the number of armed offences seem to be decreasing though,...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:36pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 3:50pm:

Quote:

True.  It was true before 1996 and its been true since.   Funny though, how the number of armed offences seem to be decreasing though,...   Roll Eyes

http://www.aic.gov.au/media_library/publications/mr/23/figure09.png

You cannot get a firearm licence for self defence,knives are not allowed to be carried in public without a genuine reason.

It's illegal to posses mace or pepper spray, you could get charged with assault defending yourself with these prohibited weapons.
Read what this lawyer says bwian-
www.criminallaw.com.au/blog/criminal/general/is-it-legal-to-carry-pepper-spray-i...

The firearm offences have decreased to our lowest ever levels while simultaneously increasing firearm numbers to their highest ever levels,Dr Samara McPhedran was right with more guns = less crime.
It's a fact we have our lowest ever gun crime rates while having our highest ever number of registered firearms.

Knife offences are going up,nobody says anything about knives being the most common  murder weapon,the anti gun bigots are silent about the large number of people who die from being stabbed/slashed every year.
Why are they silent on tougher knife laws? Roll Eyes

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:42pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:36pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 3:50pm:

Quote:

http://www.aic.gov.au/media_library/publications/mr/23/figure09.png

You cannot get a firearm licence for self defence,knives are not allowed to be carried in public without a genuine reason.

I don't distrust my fellow Australians to that point, so I don't have a problem with it, Baron.  You must live a very strange life that you distrust your fellow Australians that much...

Quote:
It's illegal to posses mace or pepper spray, you could get charged with assault defending yourself with these prohibited weapons.

It's not illegal to carry a tin of oven cleaner, Baron.   Why do we have to keep going over and over the same points all the time?  Can't you just accept the law as it is writ, Baron?  The rest of Australian society is happy with it.   If you're not happy, why not migrate to the US?  You'd be happy there in gun nut heaven!   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:51pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:42pm:
It's not illegal to carry a tin of oven cleaner, Baron.   Why do we have to keep going over and over the same points all the time?  Can't you just accept the law as it is writ, Baron?

Can you cite where someone has used oven cleaner for self defence bwian?

I do accept the law and take more note of what the legal profession says on pepper spray and mace being illegal despite your absurd claims they are legal.

Not enough people on your forum for a mass debate and relate bwian, is that why you are trolling this forum? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:55pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:51pm:

DECATUR — A central Illinois man has been sentenced to 11 years in prison for spraying oven cleaner on a 1-year-old boy and severely burning him.

The (Decatur) Herald & Review reports 24-year-old Cory Patterson was sentenced Wednesday in Macon County court after pleading guilty to aggravated battery to a child causing great bodily harm. Patterson originally told Decatur police the boy burned himself on hot water. He later admitted that he sprayed the boy's back with the substance in March.

or

About 1 a.m. Sunday, a man was sitting in a vehicle with his girlfriend at the Kangaroo gas station at 8496 Blanding Blvd. when a man knocked on his window, according to a report from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

Before the victim could react, the man forcibly opened the driver's side door and said, "Get out," according to the report. The attacker then produced a can of aerosol oven cleaner and sprayed the victim in the face for about 15 seconds.

As the victim attempted to hide his face, the attacker tried to reach for the victim's wallet, the victim said.

The man's girlfriend yelled that she was calling the police and the attacker fled, according to the report.

Police said the man's face was noticeably red and that according to a label on the can, which was found near the car, the contents were toxic if ingested.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:56pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:55pm:

DECATUR — A central Illinois man has been sentenced to 11 years in prison for spraying oven cleaner on a 1-year-old boy and severely burning him.

The (Decatur) Herald & Review reports 24-year-old Cory Patterson was sentenced Wednesday in Macon County court after pleading guilty to aggravated battery to a child causing great bodily harm. Patterson originally told Decatur police the boy burned himself on hot water. He later admitted that he sprayed the boy's back with the substance in March.

or

About 1 a.m. Sunday, a man was sitting in a vehicle with his girlfriend at the Kangaroo gas station at 8496 Blanding Blvd. when a man knocked on his window, according to a report from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

Before the victim could react, the man forcibly opened the driver's side door and said, "Get out," according to the report. The attacker then produced a can of aerosol oven cleaner and sprayed the victim in the face for about 15 seconds.

As the victim attempted to hide his face, the attacker tried to reach for the victim's wallet, the victim said.

The man's girlfriend yelled that she was calling the police and the attacker fled, according to the report.

Police said the man's face was noticeably red and that according to a label on the can, which was found near the car, the contents were toxic if ingested.

How was that self defence?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:58pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:56pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:55pm:

or

How was that self defence?

the baby was going to spew on him  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

(It wasn't).

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 5:32pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 4:42pm:
It's not illegal to carry a tin of oven cleaner, Baron.   Why do we have to keep going over and over the same points all the time?  Can't you just accept the law as it is writ, Baron?

http://www.hubbardtwppd.org/selfdefense/inhome.htm   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #11 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 9:16pm

The oven cleaner is similar to an idea I had using Wasp Spray like mace. I shared the idea online and the general opinion was it could became more of a legal issue then using something intended for defense.

It's just not right that you can be required to kill for Queen and Country but defense of self and loved ones is illegal! Many in the US believe if there are no legal firearms that it will change the heart of bad people. They never put it quite that way but to them the object has power over the user.  Many drugs are highly illegal but are still smuggled into the country, foreign made guns can come in the same way if these fools ever get their way.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 11:42pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 9:16pm:
The oven cleaner is similar to an idea I had using Wasp Spray like mace. I shared the idea online and the general opinion was it could became more of a legal issue then using something intended for defense.

It's just not right that you can be required to kill for Queen and Country but defense of self and loved ones is illegal!

It isn't.

Quote:
Many in the US believe if there are no legal firearms that it will change the heart of bad people. They never put it quite that way but to them the object has power over the user.  Many drugs are highly illegal but are still smuggled into the country, foreign made guns can come in the same way if these fools ever get their way. 

The majority of illegal firearms in Australia because of our relative isolation are stolen from "law abiding firearms owners".   Some are knowingly given into the illegal trade as well.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 12:34am

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 11:42pm:
... The majority of illegal firearms in Australia because of our relative isolation are stolen from "law abiding firearms owners". ...

You keep repeating that fabrication.

I'll keep asking for a link to back it up.

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #14 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 3:17pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Apr 12th, 2015 at 12:34am:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 11th, 2015 at 11:42pm:
... The majority of illegal firearms in Australia because of our relative isolation are stolen from "law abiding firearms owners". ...

You keep repeating that fabrication.

I'll keep asking for a link to back it up.

I believe Baron posted a link to the recent Senate Report on the Illegal Gun Trade, Lionel.

Here's a question for you.  Where do you think the majority of the guns in our illegal gun trade originate from?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print