Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
It’s easy to grow Muslim-hatred these days. (Read 12613 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

It’s easy to grow Muslim-hatred these days.
Nov 16th, 2014 at 3:58pm

Quote:
It’s easy to grow Muslim-hatred these days. The seeds are already there. All you need is a little fertilizer to allow the sprouts of slander to develop robust roots.

Not long ago, generalized anxiety about Jews made the Blood Libel credible to febrile minds. The conviction that every black man was a feral urge away from raping every white woman was so entrenched it earned Emmett Till an early grave in 1955.

Something similar is now going on with Muslims.

Not a week goes by that I don’t receive an urgent e-mail about the latest existential threat brought upon our society by Muslims. My Facebook feed is rife with them as well.

We’re not talking about the lawless head-chopping savagery of ISIS thousands of miles away — which, needless to say, truly is barbaric. No, these tales are of a more conventional and local nature; a drip, drip, drip of how Islam is hacking away at Western values and practices here at home. And the vast majority of them are simply made up.
Related

Ezra Levant creates latest made-up controversy by wrongly accusing Ontario school board of allowing Muslims to skip Remembrance Day

Consider this story featured on the website U.S. Patriot and widely circulated on social media: “MUSLIM NURSES REFUSE TO WASH HANDS” screams the headline. The article tells us Muslim medical workers in the U.K. have received dispensation not to wash their hands out of deference to religious modesty. It concludes with the inevitable invitation to express online indignation: “What do you think? Should Sharia Law overrule safety?”

The story has been kicking around the internet for seven years and has even been repeated in major newspapers. It rings two important gongs: the notion that Muslims are always demanding special privileges and that sniveling liberals are ever ready to grant them. But it’s sheer nonsense: No special hand-washing waiver has been granted to anyone.

But it seems just credible enough, doesn’t it? If university bathrooms are being retrofitted to allow Muslim students to wash their feet for prayer, it’s not hard for the more paranoid elements to imagine some medical workers would put faith before medicine and willfully spread sepsis.

The 2014 New York City Muslim Day parade was another recent rich source of material.

Photographs of two floats were widely circulated. One showed a woman hanging from the gallows. The other featured a group of women in a cage. Both were denunciations of the treatment of women in Egypt; but it was much easier to think that this was Muslim men expressing — in an unguarded moment — how they prefer their women.

And then we have Canadian agitprop enthusiast Ezra Levant’s eruption this week in print and on television at Sun Media. Levant claimed he was blowing the lid off of an Ontario school board’s weak-kneed appeasement of Canada-hating Muslims. He insisted the board had created a means by which Muslims could indulge their loathing of our country and military traditions by excusing them from Remembrance Day observances.

Quote:
    Those who propagate these bogus stories always will argue that they are fearlessly speaking unpopular truths. In fact, they are shamelessly propagating despicable lies

He heaped scorn in a bilious paragraph worthy of the worst nativists: “Even if some old bigot from a backwoods village in Pakistan or Somalia doesn’t want to respect Canada, that’s where our schools come in and teach those bigots’ kids and grandkids what it means to be Canadian.”

As it turns out, the story is a complete fiction. Levant — who has previously been accused of promoting racial hatred — insists he was working with the information he had, which effectively is to claim that his sloppy journalism is an excuse for his sloppy journalism.

Those who propagate these bogus stories always will argue that they are fearlessly speaking unpopular truths. In fact, they are shamelessly propagating despicable lies.

That Levant so effortlessly arrived at his anti-Muslim convictions is bad enough. That he propagated the false tale and apparently refuses to fully back down is a sorry thing. But the greater problem is that with each new shameless falsehood, more manure is heaped onto the seedbeds of future slander.

National Post

[Source]

Sound familar?  Our Yadda, Moses, Adamant, Soren, Freediver, Baronvert, et al...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: It’s easy to grow Muslim-hatred these days.
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 4:11pm

I suspect it is easy to grow because a hundred or so Australian Muslims are raping and pillaging their way across the middle east.

Meanwhile, the good Muslims are on here explaining why they cannot tolerate white people having freedom of speech, in case they mock Muhammed.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 4:13pm

freediver wrote on Nov 16th, 2014 at 4:11pm:
I suspect it is easy to grow because a hundred or so Australian Muslims are raping and pillaging their way across the middle east.

Meanwhile, the good Muslims are on here explaining why they cannot tolerate white people having freedom of speech, in case they mock Muhammed.

Abu?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 4:18pm

Wow!  A "hundred or so"?  They are of course all, actively involved in the "raping and pillaging", FD?

And of course, all other Muslims are responsible for those peoples' actions?

No, you don't believe in Guilt by Association, do you, FD?  Do you?    Roll Eyes

Quote:

Muslims?  Plural?  I was only aware of one person who's a Muslim here and he seems to being quite a good job of pointing out the contradictions and the outright Islamophobia of your claims about Muslims, FD.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

wally1
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 5:12pm

Get your facts right, millions of aussie muslims are pillaging the middle east.

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 6:11pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 16th, 2014 at 4:18pm:

Wow!  A "hundred or so"?  They are of course all, actively involved in the "raping and pillaging", FD?

No, you don't believe in Guilt by Association, do you, FD?  Do you?    Roll Eyes

Quote:

Muslims?  Plural?  I was only aware of one person who's a Muslim here and he seems to being quite a good job of pointing out the contradictions and the outright Islamophobia of your claims about Muslims, FD.   Roll Eyes

Grin Grin Grin Grin

You are not a Muslim and Gandalf is?

Your arguments, defenses, debating styles, accusations and even your prose are interchangeable.

If the hat fits, Brian, you may as well wear it.

Wink

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 6:32pm

Sorry, it was wrong of me to associate Muslims with Gandalf. If you do ever find a Muslim with no objectionable views, do let us know. He can point out the tiny minority for us.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 6:37pm

The apology goes:
Quote:

No, you don't believe in Guilt by Association, do you, FD?  Do you?

muslims raping and pillaging are 100% glorified as the ultimate muslim according to islam, allah, muhammad, qur'an and hadi'th.

Any other muslim who proclaims the islamic tenets which (the rapists and pillagers are devoutly following) is the final and perfect word of allah and muhammad, are as guilty as the actual perpetrators.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 6:38pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Nov 16th, 2014 at 6:11pm:

Quote:

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Your arguments, defenses, debating styles, accusations and even your prose are interchangeable.

Wink

Lionel, your belief is based at best on circumstantial evidence.    Roll Eyes

However, to please you and all the other critics, I'll repeat a point I have made several times here and elsewhere - my belief in god was beaten out of me at school, thanks to the over-zealous efforts of a certain order of teaching brothers.   

IP Logged

Datalife
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 6:59pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 16th, 2014 at 6:38pm:
Lionel Edriess wrote on Nov 16th, 2014 at 6:11pm:

Quote:

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Wink

Lionel, your belief is based at best on circumstantial evidence.    Roll Eyes

However, to please you and all the other critics, I'll repeat a point I have made several times here and elsewhere - my belief in god was beaten out of me at school, thanks to the over-zealous efforts of a certain order of teaching brothers.   

That explains your christianaphobia.  Cool

"If they’re out there in the high seas, what you would do is seek to turn them back through the agency of the Australian Navy".

Kevin Rudd on 2GB, July 12, 2007

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 7:53pm

Lionel, your belief is based at best on circumstantial evidence.   

Oh, boo-hoo Brian.

What makes you unique in that experience? The cruelest educators in my experience were the Irish Catholic nuns in my primary school. They were the ones who shook my belief in a beneficent Christian god. The 'teaching brothers' experience came at a later date. By that stage I had no doubts about the designs of the Church and resisted - much to my own detriment.

My personal dislike for the established church was somewhat mollified by the comfort it appeared to offer a young aunt who died of a lingering cancer without ever questioning her faith. Who was I to question what gave her relief?

All that aside, I did absorb some of that religious teaching. So much so that I consider myself a Christian in attitude with no allegiance to any god at all. The principles of generosity and forgiveness that they teach are worthwhile tenets in a civilised society. 'Tis a pity that in today's world there are so few civilised societies still existing and that honesty and generosity are deemed to be character traits to be exploited.

My own search for knowledge in this sphere, my search for understanding about the atrocities committed in 'god's' name (whatever form that 'god' may take in other beliefs), my interest in history and the development of the modern human and the acknowledgement of martyrs of all descriptions has only reinforced my belief that humanity is ultimately doomed.

It is always the 'little people' who suffer, Brian. Not the leaders of nations or figureheads of religions - the 'little people'. It is the 'little people' who exhibit the greatest humanity and brutality. Those that lead the 'little people' have a great deal to answer for.

I, for one, can completely understand the dichotomy in Christian teachings - the 'eye for an eye' and 'turn the other cheek'. It all boils down to the 'line in the sand', 'push come to shove' or 'beyond here live dragons.

I can even understand your defense of the 'majority of Muslims'.

I fail to understand your defense of Islam.

To my limited understanding and belief, any social/political/religious system that promotes death or slavery as an alternative to adopting such a system has no place in a civilised world.

We've already been there and done that. It didn't work.

Can I be any clearer?

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 7:54pm

Repeat after me. This has nothing to do with Islam. The problem is with everyone else, not Muslims.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 8:23pm

Islam has nuffin' to do wiv nuffin'.

Got that?

Or I keeeel you!!!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #13 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 8:25pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Nov 16th, 2014 at 7:53pm:
Lionel, your belief is based at best on circumstantial evidence.   

Oh, boo-hoo Brian.

What makes you unique in that experience?

I never claimed it was unique, merely what occurred to me, Lionel.

However, it is a pre-requisite (usually) to be a member of a religion and to practice that religion, to have a belief in what ever is being worshipped, now isn't it?

Therefore, a lack of belief in god rather makes the point I am not a follower of Islam or is that too logical for you?   Roll Eyes

Quote:
I can even understand your defense of the 'majority of Muslims'.

I fail to understand your defense of Islam.

Sounds like a personal problem then, Lionel.

I defend those who I believe are being persecuted.  Be they Muslim, Jew, Christian or Hindu or any other form of religion.   Be they Indigenes or non-Indigenes, rich or poor (although, it must be admitted, I've rarely seen anybody who's rich who's been persecuted in Australia).

At the moment, Muslims come in for a very largely unfair amount of stick which is based IMO on ignorance, hatred and prejudice, Lionel.   I dislike standing by and watching Australians pick on their fellow Australians merely because they are different.

I've gone into bat for many minority groups over the years, as well as you know, so I'm impartial as to whom I defend.

I cannot understand your persecution of Muslims, Lionel.  I find it reprehensible from a man who is apparently as well educated as yourself that you will allow your baser attitudes to hold sway.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2014 at 8:31pm by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Nov 16th, 2014 at 8:27pm

Apparently they stand against the Freeedom of "white people".

FD?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print