Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Australia , left behind with Climate change. (Read 2109 times)
progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Australia , left behind with Climate change.
Reply #15 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 9:57pm

Setanta wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 8:29pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 8:22pm:
Setanta wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 8:05pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 7:11pm:
Setanta wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 6:06pm:
You might want to brush up.  Roll Eyes

http://www.universetoday.com/47905/why-is-venus-so-hot/
http://www.universetoday.com/22587/atmosphere-of-mars/

How about answering my post about who uses more coal than china back in the other thread rather than ignoring the inconvenient. Undecided

the whole venus argument is new low even for climate hysterics.  mars atmosphere is 95% CO2 so the point remains valid... that is if anything can be valid by such a truly ludicrous argument

You can argue the Venus thing is a new low, but be factual.
No, it's not valid. The atmosphere of Mars:
Quote:
The atmosphere of Mars is less than 1% of Earth’s, so it does not protect the planet from the Sun’s radiation nor does it do much to retain heat at the surface.

Where as Venus is:
Quote:
Three words: runaway greenhouse effect. In many ways, Venus is a virtual twin of Earth. It has a similar size, mass and gravity as well as internal composition. But the one big difference is that Venus has a much thicker atmosphere. If you could stand on the surface of Venus, you would experience 93 times the atmospheric pressure we experience here on Earth; you’d have to dive down 1 km beneath the surface of the ocean to experience that kind of pressure. Furthermore, that atmosphere is made up almost entirely of carbon dioxide.

See, there is a big difference and the reason Venus is hot enough to melt lead on it's surface is because of it's atmosphere, not 50 million miles.

the argument is sto stupid at the best of times.  Venus also has a pressure of 92 atmospheres and thick impenetrable cloud cover all of which makes it a pressure cooker.  the CO2 presence is relatively unimportant.  but lets not forget.... it is still a stunningly stupid argument in support of CO2-based warming, perhaps the worst Ive heard yet.

It is the CO2 that makes it hot, hotter than Mercury, not the atmospheric pressure, that would squash you not cook you. It's not a silly argument at all, it shows what CO2 does in a spectacular way, as the link above says, runaway greenhouse effect. You will not get any scientist saying CO2 is not the reason it is so hot on Venus.

No, the pressure makes the molecules closer together, making for a better blanket, be it any gas that can reradiate. Molecular density.

Earths atmospheric pressure and the temperature signatures are virtually the same as Venus' at 1000 millibars, even though the earth only has less than 1% of CO2 and Venus has upwards of 100%
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:17pm by progressiveslol »  

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #16 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:29pm

progressiveslol wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 9:57pm:
No, the pressure makes the molecules closer together, making for a better blanket, be it any gas that can reradiate. Molecular density.

Earths atmospheric pressure and the temperature signatures are virtually the same as Venus' at 1000 millibars, even though the earth only has less than 1% of CO2 and Venus has upwards of 100%

Really? Why don't you enlighten the Astronomers and Physicists? Upwards of 100%? Really? I wish you guys would stop making up your own facts.

Quote:
The atmosphere consists almost entirely (96%) of carbon dioxide (CO2), a greenhouse gas responsible for the incredibly hot, greater than 400ºC conditions on Venus, surpassing the melting point of lead.
http://www.astronomytoday.com/astronomy/venus.html

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:32pm

Setanta wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:29pm:

Really? Why don't you enlighten the Astronomers and Physicists? Upwards of 100%? Really? I wish you guys would stop making up your own facts.

Quote:
The atmosphere consists almost entirely (96%) of carbon dioxide (CO2), a greenhouse gas responsible for the incredibly hot, greater than 400ºC conditions on Venus, surpassing the melting point of lead.

Wow you learn something every day. Listen up people. 96% is not upwards of 100%  Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #18 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:39pm

progressiveslol wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:32pm:

Quote:

Wow you learn something every day. Listen up people. 96% is not upwards of 100%  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Some do, some don't. Roll Eyes

Quote:
upwards of adverb
Definition of UPWARDS OF

:  more than :  in excess of <they cost upwards of $25>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/upwards%20of

So, more than 100% CO2? Grin

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:44pm

Setanta wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:39pm:

Quote:

Quote:
upwards of adverb
Definition of UPWARDS OF

Only a tool would expect there to be more than 100% in a 0 to 100% range. Are you that tool. I'm sure you can take the right definition if you just use your head.

In this case interchangeable.
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:50pm by progressiveslol »  

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #20 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:51pm

progressiveslol wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:44pm:

Quote:

Quote:
upwards of adverb
Definition of UPWARDS OF

Only a tool would expect there to be more than 100% in a 0 to 100% range. Are you that tool. I'm sure you can take the right definition if you just use your head.

Only a tool would say something demonstrably untrue and laugh at the one pointing out he is wrong. Are you that tool? Say what you mean, simple? After all, it sounds like "Listen up people. 96% is not upwards of 100%" is defending what you said as true, eh? Only a tool, indeed. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:55pm

Setanta wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:51pm:
progressiveslol wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:44pm:

Quote:

Quote:
upwards of adverb
Definition of UPWARDS OF

Only a tool would say something demonstrably untrue and laugh at the one pointing out he is wrong. Are you that tool? Say what you mean, simple? After all, it sounds like "Listen up people. 96% is not upwards of 100%" is defending what you said as true, eh? Only a tool, indeed. Roll Eyes

You really are a tool. Crying over an S where you cant make up your own mind to what definition the original statement was trying to make in a 0 to 100% range. Not much of critical thinkers you AGW lot.

To some people, not as ANAL as you, upwards of can mean there abouts, around, almost. I just need a Gillard type lefty to get the definition changed.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #22 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:05pm

progressiveslol wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:55pm:
You really are a tool. Crying over an S where you cant make up your own mind to what definition the original statement was trying to make in a 0 to 100% range. Not much of critical thinkers you AGW lot.

Typical of a libtard, someone points out you are wrong and out comes the name calling. Look you said it, it was wrong, be grown up enough to admit it and move on instead of shooting the messenger. I should not have to "interpret" what you type. Yes I do know you can't have more than 100% so you must have either misunderstood what "upwards of" meant or you were a fool, I chose the misunderstanding and pointed it out with a "really?". You come back with "Listen up people. 96% is not upwards of 100%  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin" as it you were right! Dude, really! Give it up, both statements you made in the original post to me were wrong. Wink

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:08pm

Setanta wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:05pm:

Typical of a libtard, someone points out you are wrong and out comes the name calling. Look you said it, it was wrong, be grown up enough to admit it and move on instead of shooting the messenger. I should not have to "interpret" what you type. Yes I do know you can't have more than 100% so you must have either misunderstood what "upwards of" meant or you were a fool, I chose the misunderstanding and pointed it out with a "really?". You come back with "Listen up people. 96% is not upwards of 100%  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin" as it you were right! Dude, really! Give it up, both statements you made in the original post to me were wrong. Wink
The point is, the best you had was to be an anal ahole. Typical of a leftard. No substance and all ahole.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #24 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:24pm

progressiveslol wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:08pm:

The point is, the best you had was to be an anal ahole. Typical of a leftard. No substance and all ahole.

At least you gave me a new sig!  Grin

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:26pm

Setanta wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:24pm:

Happy to oblige. It will remind me of how anal you are.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #26 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:38pm

progressiveslol wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:26pm:

What about the rest of what you said in re to it's the CO2 that makes Venus hot? "No, the pressure makes the molecules closer together, making for a better blanket, be it any gas that can reradiate. Molecular density."

I said that was wrong too. Gonna try and make it be right with some name calling? Are you the Fonz? Can you say "wrong"?

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:45pm

Setanta wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:38pm:
progressiveslol wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:26pm:

What about the rest of what you said in re to it's the CO2 that makes Venus hot? "No, the pressure makes the molecules closer together, making for a better blanket, be it any gas that can reradiate. Molecular density."

I said that was wrong too. Gonna try and make it be right with some name calling? Are you the Fonz? Can you say "wrong"?

Why would I. That was not being anal, that was not proving me wrong either.

Does your AGW theory have an explanation as to why earth temps and pressure signatures at 1000millibars is virtually the same as Venus at the same millibars but the differences in co2 are exponential.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #28 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 12:16am

progressiveslol wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:45pm:
Why would I. That was not being anal, that was not proving me wrong either.

Does your AGW theory have an explanation as to why earth temps and pressure signatures at 1000millibars is virtually the same as Venus at the same millibars but the differences in co2 are exponential.

Do I have an AGW theory? I don't remember coming out on either side. I'm just concerned that people use facts when they argue their side.

Haven't looked into the 1000 mb thing, might do tomorrow.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 8:16am

Setanta wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 8:29pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 8:22pm:
Setanta wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 8:05pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 7:11pm:
Setanta wrote on Sep 17th, 2014 at 6:06pm:
You might want to brush up.  Roll Eyes

http://www.universetoday.com/47905/why-is-venus-so-hot/
http://www.universetoday.com/22587/atmosphere-of-mars/

How about answering my post about who uses more coal than china back in the other thread rather than ignoring the inconvenient. Undecided

the whole venus argument is new low even for climate hysterics.  mars atmosphere is 95% CO2 so the point remains valid... that is if anything can be valid by such a truly ludicrous argument

You can argue the Venus thing is a new low, but be factual.
No, it's not valid. The atmosphere of Mars:
Quote:
The atmosphere of Mars is less than 1% of Earth’s, so it does not protect the planet from the Sun’s radiation nor does it do much to retain heat at the surface.

Where as Venus is:
Quote:
Three words: runaway greenhouse effect. In many ways, Venus is a virtual twin of Earth. It has a similar size, mass and gravity as well as internal composition. But the one big difference is that Venus has a much thicker atmosphere. If you could stand on the surface of Venus, you would experience 93 times the atmospheric pressure we experience here on Earth; you’d have to dive down 1 km beneath the surface of the ocean to experience that kind of pressure. Furthermore, that atmosphere is made up almost entirely of carbon dioxide.

See, there is a big difference and the reason Venus is hot enough to melt lead on it's surface is because of it's atmosphere, not 50 million miles.

the argument is sto stupid at the best of times.  Venus also has a pressure of 92 atmospheres and thick impenetrable cloud cover all of which makes it a pressure cooker.  the CO2 presence is relatively unimportant.  but lets not forget.... it is still a stunningly stupid argument in support of CO2-based warming, perhaps the worst Ive heard yet.

It is the CO2 that makes it hot, hotter than Mercury, not the atmospheric pressure, that would squash you not cook you. It's not a silly argument at all, it shows what CO2 does in a spectacular way, as the link above says, runaway greenhouse effect. You will not get any scientist saying CO2 is not the reason it is so hot on Venus.

pressure of 92 atmospheres doesn't make you hotter???  where did you learn science?  from play school?  pressure and temperature are directly correlated.  if you think venus is some proof of CO2-based warming then you are a fool.  but it does underline what we here in the rational section of the debate think of climate hysterics.  you really are totally stupid people.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print