Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Court ignored police warnings on Greg Anderson (Read 1914 times)
True Blue...
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Court ignored police warnings on Greg Anderson
Feb 15th, 2014 at 5:17am

Angry

Court ignored police warnings on Greg Anderson, who was free to murder son Luke Batty

POLICE warned a magistrate they feared killer dad Greg Anderson would murder his family but he was released on bail regardless — paving the way for Luke Batty’s horrific death.

Bail documents obtained by the Herald Sun show police opposed Anderson’s bail applications last year because they feared he would harm his son or ex-partner Rosie Batty.

But a Frankston magistrate agreed to grant Anderson bail on June 11.

Despite five warrants being issued for his arrest last month, Anderson eluded police and murdered his 11-year-old son at his cricket practice in Tyabb

First Constable Paul ­Topham said in one of Anderson’s bail hearings: “Genuine concerns are held … by police as the accused appears more than capable of carrying out the threats to kill.

Angry

“The accused’s pattern of behaviour appears to be ­becoming more erratic and ­aggressive.”

In another bail hearing, First Constable Clinton Taylor said: “The victim (Ms Batty) in this matter is extremely concerned for the welfare of her son, Luke.”

One bail document, prepared by First Constable Taylor, stated: “The victim is concerned about (Anderson’s) behaviour and believes he is capable of carrying out previous threats to kill and harm.

“Police hold concerns for the welfare and safety of the victim (Rosie Batty) and her son, and because of this oppose bail.”

Angry

Chief Commissioner Ken Lay conceded police could have done more and partly blamed IT system failures for the tragic miss.

say what?  Angry

AUTHORITIES were involved with the family on two separate occasions because of reports of violence by Anderson.

POLICE pleaded with Frankston magistrates on at least two occasions not to grant Anderson bail.

DRUG user Anderson also threatened to kill his housemate.

ANDERSON assaulted Ms Batty in May 2012 after an ­argument erupted about Luke sleeping in her bed.

Police took out an intervention order against Anderson at Frankston Magistrates’ Court on September 9 last year, which covered Luke and Ms Batty indefinitely.

Mr Lay on Friday admitted system failures had contributed to the tragedy and said Anderson had “slipped through the cracks”.

During bail applications opposed by Hastings police in 2013, at least two officers stated that Anderson was “capable of carrying out previous threats to kill and harm”.

A separate document, written by First Constable Topham for the court, stated Anderson was an “unacceptable risk to society”, had a “lack of respect for the law” and “appears more than capable of carrying out the threats to kill”.

After being granted bail, Anderson failed to appear for subsequent court dates before arrest warrants were issued for him last month.
how long does it take for goodness sake  Angry

Tragically police were unable to track him down in time and he was able to brutally murder his son on Wednesday evening.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"

Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

True Blue...
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Court ignored police warnings on Greg Anderson
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 5:26am

gees this type of failures is really ticking me off...  Angry

from the getgo this rsole should have been locked up...

he did drugs and was going mental..

he had 5 warrants for his arrest ...

now...

how is it at Television Crew can go out and find criminals but the police can't?

it wasn't in this news clipping but the police had contact with Mr Anderson while the 5 warrants were in place...

why didn't they arrest him?

ken Lay was saying in an interview yesterday that it took 2 weeks to upload warrants onto the police system so once the warrants are issued it takes at least a further 2 weeks for alarm bells to go off...

now this really gets under my skin....  Angry

if you get a traffic ticket for being 2 or 3 kilometres over the speed limit it's instant...

BANG!!!! ticket issued and you are gone..

this proves to me, that our governments are more interested in revenue raising than locking up sickos and killers..  Angry

this proves to me that basically law abiding citizens are being treated, or seen as being worse than violent criminals...  Angry

Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

True Blue...
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 5:28am

and another thing...

why aren't judges and parole board members sacked when they have clearly failed in their jobs to protect society?

if I fail in my job id be put up the road without a second thought...

im so angry I could spit...  Angry

Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 5:46am

Hmm - this is a more complex issue than a simple 'man bad - woman good' scenario -the style of social science approach that leads to direct violence against men far too often, and without proper reason. 

Involved here is drug us, mental illness, and who knows what else?  So it is not just a simple issue involving police and courts - a significant amount of blame must be directed at the government itself for its 'modern' approach to mental illness and the effects of drug use, since governments in Oz sold off their mental homes for a cheap, fast profit, and loaded the community with the responsibility for the (buzz word) outcomes of uncontrolled mental issues.

Simple reasoning - the number of incidents of this nature is very small - ergo (so goes the government thinking) - those affected are 'acceptable casualties' - and their suffering is far less an issue overall than the 'suffering' of those sent to the 'Devil's Islands' of psychiatric institutions.

And - oh... LOOK!  There's a dollar to be made here!  Think how that will enhance our work value case in our next rise!

Ah do believe, without looking too far, that there is a place somewhere in here for the chain gang... ain't nothin' like a good day's work in the warm sun to cure a person of a mental illness - or cure a politician of his/her dream state!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 5:54am

True Blue... wrote on Feb 15th, 2014 at 5:26am:
gees this type of failures is really ticking me off...  Angry

from the getgo this rsole should have been locked up...

he did drugs and was going mental..

he had 5 warrants for his arrest ...

now...

how is it at Television Crew can go out and find criminals but the police can't?

it wasn't in this news clipping but the police had contact with Mr Anderson while the 5 warrants were in place...

why didn't they arrest him?

ken Lay was saying in an interview yesterday that it took 2 weeks to upload warrants onto the police system so once the warrants are issued it takes at least a further 2 weeks for alarm bells to go off...

now this really gets under my skin....  Angry

if you get a traffic ticket for being 2 or 3 kilometres over the speed limit it's instant...

BANG!!!! ticket issued and you are gone..

this proves to me, that our governments are more interested in revenue raising than locking up sickos and killers..  Angry

this proves to me that basically law abiding citizens are being treated, or seen as being worse than violent criminals...  Angry

You are totally correct - law-abiding citizens with no interest in any wrongdoing, who may inadvertently fall into a VERY minor infraction of the 'law', are pursued and even persecuted and labeled as 'bad people' and even chased by cops thereafter (don't laugh) - for one reason.

They PAY!

Criminals and the insane don't.  Simple equation in the mind (sic) of the average politician, which is precisely why they not only encourage police and courts to find 'guilt' on accusation in such 'minor' things - they throw in draconian punishments for minor infractions that a normal person would just shrug at.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

True Blue...
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 6:00am

ok,

let me take one issue on this that could have saved that young lad...

the issuing of the warrant.. or be it in this case, 5 of them...

like I was saying... a speeding ticket is instant whereby a warrant for an arrest is two weeks (that they admitting) could be longer...

now...

case 2

when I hear a siren, say CFA, I open my "Fire Incident" app and it is already there...

time - 06.33am
Fire - Small, Large
Location - Melbourne
name - Younger St
type - non structural
status - going
size - medium
appliances - 2

as soon as I hear that siren that information is already there...

so when a warrant is issued - it should be instant...

as soon as it's typed into the computer it's uploaded to the master data base where every police car can check if they pick them up on another matter...

Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 7:57am

True Blue... wrote on Feb 15th, 2014 at 6:00am:
ok,

let me take one issue on this that could have saved that young lad...

the issuing of the warrant.. or be it in this case, 5 of them...

like I was saying... a speeding ticket is instant whereby a warrant for an arrest is two weeks (that they admitting) could be longer...

now...

case 2

when I hear a siren, say CFA, I open my "Fire Incident" app and it is already there...

time - 06.33am
Fire - Small, Large
Location - Melbourne
name - Younger St
type - non structural
status - going
size - medium
appliances - 2

as soon as I hear that siren that information is already there...

so when a warrant is issued - it should be instant...

as soon as it's typed into the computer it's uploaded to the master data base where every police car can check if they pick them up on another matter...

correct...he should have been door knocked until they arrested him...we talk the talk about DOMESTIC VIOLENCE...but when something tragic like this happens its always comes back to the system... its a crock..

EWS

Police warned a magistrate that Greg Anderson was capable of carrying out his threats to kill
DAVID HURLEY AND ANTHONY DOWSLEY THE DAILY TELEGRAPH FEBRUARY 15, 2014 12:00AM

POLICE warned a magistrate that Greg Anderson was more than capable of carrying out his threats to kill and that there were concerns for the welfare of his son Luke.

But despite the warnings a magistrate let Anderson walk free — paving the way for the horrific killing of Luke, 11, with a cricket bat and knife on a outer suburban cricket oval in Melbourne on Wednesday evening.

Bail documents show police opposed Anderson’s bail applications in 2013 because they feared he would harm his son or ex-partner Rosie Batty.

there appears to be no cohesion  between court and the police.... who are in the coal face....

not sure about sacking them all.. but at least a demotion..something to say... YOU GOT IT WRONG...

in most cases its the female that loses her life.. in this case it was an 11 yr old..killed in a fit of anger that was there for all to see... especially our court administrators....who are there to protect us all in the long run..

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #7 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 4:09pm

This exemplifies why a policeman did not and probably will never split the atom.

Incredible! The police did not believe their own warnings.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2014 at 4:15pm by Laugh till you cry »  

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Innocent bystander
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 6:05pm

What the punters here don't realise is that there is probably one thousand potential Andersons out there, the courts aren't ignoring just one nut, they are ignoring thousands of ticking time bombs because what else can they do, lock them all up?
Unfortunately the media dumbed down public truly believes that there is only this one ticking time bomb lunatic out there and we should have defused him.

IP Logged

Peter Freedman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wellington
Reply #9 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 7:30pm

Innocent bystander wrote on Feb 15th, 2014 at 6:05pm:
What the punters here don't realise is that there is probably one thousand potential Andersons out there, the courts aren't ignoring just one nut, they are ignoring thousands of ticking time bombs because what else can they do, lock them all up?
Unfortunately the media dumbed down public truly believes that there is only this one ticking time bomb lunatic out there and we should have defused him.

Spot on. There are many people out there with mental conditions undiagnosed and untreated.

Suddenly, they explode. But there were warnings in this case that went unheeded.

Bloody sad.

God grant me the patience to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and, above all, the wisdom to tell the difference.

IP Logged

Innocent bystander
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 8:05pm

Peter Freedman wrote on Feb 15th, 2014 at 7:30pm:

Spot on. There are many people out there with mental conditions undiagnosed and untreated.

Suddenly, they explode. But there were warnings in this case that went unheeded.

Bloody sad.

Well there are a thousand mental cases promising a thousand threats at any one time, and that means a thousand unheeded warnings, this lunatic was just one of very many, its important not to get f*ckwitted here and mistakenly believe that this nut was one of a kind.
So we either lock up thousands of potential nuts or we accept the occasional murder ... whats it going to be?

IP Logged

Peter Freedman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wellington
Reply #11 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 8:16pm

Innocent bystander wrote on Feb 15th, 2014 at 8:05pm:
Peter Freedman wrote on Feb 15th, 2014 at 7:30pm:

Bloody sad.

Well there are a thousand mental cases promising a thousand threats at any one time, and that means a thousand unheeded warnings, this lunatic was just one of very many, its important not to get f*ckwitted here and mistakenly believe that this nut was one of a kind.
So we either lock up thousands of potential nuts or we accept the occasional murder ... whats it going to be? 

Anderson didn't need locking up, he needed treatment. But to do that, he had to agree he had a mental problem and that is hard to do.

In my case, I had to twist my GP's arm halfway up his back to get him to refer me to a psychiatrist.

I wasn't violent, but had sufficient symptoms to know there was something seriously wrong.

God grant me the patience to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and, above all, the wisdom to tell the difference.

IP Logged

Innocent bystander
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 8:35pm

Once your mind is gone thats it, there is no coming back from there, of course we can help most mental patients because most mental patients are just fakers but as far as the hard core lunatics are concerned watch out because they really are mad.   Shocked

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #13 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 8:55pm

Innocent bystander wrote on Feb 15th, 2014 at 8:35pm:
Once your mind is gone thats it, there is no coming back from there, of course we can help most mental patients because most mental patients are just fakers but as far as the hard core lunatics are concerned watch out because they really are mad.   Shocked

Most don't admit themselves(only real wackos do that but some do).. corruption exists in the drug world and you can't pretend it doesn't: that is why the oath is no longer taken!

Anything that ends in 'pam' is just going to lead to a habit so why are they still prescribed in mass quantity?

One of the hospitals in Perth is named after a chief mass prescriber !!

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #14 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 8:56pm

.. although he mass prescribes the speed pills and not the benzos as I am led to believe!!

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print