Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 ... 188
Send Topic Print
spineless apologetics (Read 341732 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: spineless apologetics
Reply #2025 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:28pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:22pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:09pm:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 6:18pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 6:02pm:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 5:52pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:25pm:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 9:40pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 11:17am:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 22nd, 2017 at 12:25am:
Actually extremist catholics, protestants and jews are different to extremist muslims because extremist catholics, protestants and jews don't go around blowing up people

Thats right alevine - they don't need to, as the moderate ones do it for them. How many people do you think are blown up every day by the moderate "non-extremist" American government? Do you reckon the number of innocents killed by extremist muslims pales in comparison to the number of innocents killed by "non-extremist" catholics, protestants and jews?

The American government is now a religious institution?  I'm just gonna pretend this a comment from you after your first beer, Gandalf. Honestly.

How many killings occurred in the world last year in the names of the catholic, Protestant, Jewish religions?

And how many in the name of Islam?

And how many extremist Jews and Christians cheered on George W Bush's alleged "crusade" against the "Axis of Evil?"

Honestly?

How many?

And the use of crusade was admitted by bush to be the wrong choice of word.

Which word did he mean to use, Alevine?

I'm curious.

It#s a simple google Karnal. Youtube video. 'Bush talks about god and war'

Slipped your mind, has it?

Perhaps he meant to say Kool Aid. I'm sure the teleprompter was going too fast to keep up.

Isn't it hilarious how the regressive mind works? A person says they misspoke, and you say "bullcrap."  A person never says they misspoke, always give you the same response, and you still say "bullcrap".  your irrationality is profound.

Grin Grin Grin

Exactly.  From this 'Pome', it's always '10 rupee gimme', no matter what you say.  He doesn't actually understand anything you say, he just repeats the '10 rupee gimme' stuff.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2026 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:29pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:15pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 8:23pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 6:06pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 5:58pm:
How many?

And the use of crusade was admitted by bush to be the wrong choice of word. Now, how many jihadists afterwards tell us they were wrong to say they committed an act in the name of their religion?

Keep trying to link where links don't exist. It only goes to show how much of a spineless, dishonest apologetic you are.

Good point.

Oh, I know. Alevine's taken to your style, dear boy. The only thing he's left out is the tinted Paki Bastard compliment.

Still a good point.

True. The focus groups, speech writers and White House history buffs stumbled upon the wrong choice of word. An easy mishtake to make.

You'd never see the tinted races do that, eh?

Apart from that spineless Sheik Hilaly and his cat-meat nonsense. Typical.

"Regressives".

Now you're strawmanning the point I made.  But let's play your strawman:  it is not unreasonable that at some point someone on bushs staff thought it appropriate to talk about religious war, when talking to Palestinians, because , let's face it, that's what Islamic leaders seem to want to talk about. Only afterwards it was realised how poor the choice of words was.  The point is it was retracted.  Islamic leaders don't retract. I wonder why.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2027 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:30pm

Frank wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:28pm:
Actually extremist catholics, protestants and jews are different to extremist muslims because extremist catholics, protestants and jews don't go around blowing up people

Thats right alevine - they don't need to, as the moderate ones do it for them. How many people do you think are blown up every day by the moderate "non-extremist" American government? Do you reckon the number of innocents killed by extremist muslims pales in comparison to the number of innocents killed by "non-extremist" catholics, protestants and jews?

The American government is now a religious institution?  I'm just gonna pretend this a comment from you after your first beer, Gandalf. Honestly.

How many killings occurred in the world last year in the names of the catholic, Protestant, Jewish religions?

And how many extremist Jews and Christians cheered on George W Bush's alleged "crusade" against the "Axis of Evil?"

Honestly?

How many?

I'm curious.

Perhaps he meant to say Kool Aid. I'm sure the teleprompter was going too fast to keep up.

Isn't it hilarious how the regressive mind works? A person says they misspoke, and you say "bullcrap."  A person never says they misspoke, always give you the same response, and you still say "bullcrap".  your irrationality is profound.

Grin Grin Grin

Exactly.  From this 'Pome', it's always '10 rupee gimme', no matter what you say.  He doesn't actually understand anything you say, he just repeats the '10 rupee gimme' stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/1H0b4pX.gif

Yep, he's becoming worse than gweggy.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2028 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:07pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:24pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:20pm:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 6:20pm:
How many?

And the use of crusade was admitted by bush to be the wrong choice of word. Now, how many jihadists afterwards tell us they were wrong to say they committed an act in the name of their religion?

Keep trying to link where links don't exist. It only goes to show how much of a spineless, dishonest apologetic you are.

Good point.

Oh, I know. Alevine's taken to your style, dear boy. The only thing he's left out is the tinted Paki Bastard compliment.

How about you actually stick to what we're discussing, Karnal? How many jihadists afterwards tell us they were wrong to say they committed an act in the name of their religion?

How many muslim leaders, who advocate for sharia law and you know...stoning someone for being raped, tell us afterwards that's not what they meant?

Good point, Alevine. Like Tony Blair, you mean?

Oh, I know.

Now tony Blair also partook in the war because He felt obliged by his religion?

Why do you ignore my question, karnal?  You said it, back it up!

He did. He used his religion to back up his conviction about invading Iraq. He even said he got down on his knees to ask the Lord - in those words.

Maybe he misspoke, it's hard to say.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2029 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:13pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:29pm:
How many?

Good point.

Still a good point.

True. The focus groups, speech writers and White House history buffs stumbled upon the wrong choice of word. An easy mishtake to make.

"Regressives".

Now you're strawmanning the point I made.  But let's play your strawman:  it is not unreasonable that at some point someone on bushs staff thought it appropriate to talk about religious war, when talking to Palestinians, because , let's face it, that's what Islamic leaders seem to want to talk about.

After two years of planning the message and beating the war drums?

Not really, Alevine. You?

Oh, that's right. You used to say exactly the same thing yourself.

"Regressives".

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2030 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:13pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:07pm:
How many?

Good point.

How about you actually stick to what we're discussing, Karnal? How many jihadists afterwards tell us they were wrong to say they committed an act in the name of their religion?

How many muslim leaders, who advocate for sharia law and you know...stoning someone for being raped, tell us afterwards that's not what they meant?

Oh, I know.

He did. He used his religion to back up his conviction about invading Iraq. He even said he got down on his knees to ask the Lord - in those words.

so he prayed to be guided, but did he invade BECAUSE of his religion?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2031 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:16pm

Frank wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 9:28pm:

Honestly?

How many?

I'm curious.

Grin Grin Grin

https://i.imgur.com/1H0b4pX.gif

How many times have you posted this, dear boy?

Oh. You forgot.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2032 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:19pm

TongueMattyfisk wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:13pm:
How many?

Good point.

Still a good point.

"Regressives".

Now you're strawmanning the point I made.  But let's play your strawman:  it is not unreasonable that at some point someone on bushs staff thought it appropriate to talk about religious war, when talking to Palestinians, because , let's face it, that's what Islamic leaders seem to want to talk about.

"Regressives".

I've never claimed Bush went to war on the basis of religion.  yes, I once thought invasion Iraq was a bad idea, as we've covered time and again, but similarly to how Bush is allowed to misspeak, I am allowed to change my mind. My mind on Iraq has changed, as we've covered time and again. Not sure why you think that's some kind of negative, or why you think that somehow diminishes what my argument to you is?  Is this another of your 'I'll ignore what he says and just go with what I want him to say' type of nonsense?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2033 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:22pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:13pm:
How many?

Good point.

Oh, I know.

I don't think either of us can answer that, Alevine. Tony Blair said exactly this himself.

But he has never said he used the wrong choice of words or made a mistake. Ever.

And do you know? His place in history would probably be rehabilitated if he did.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2034 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:27pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:22pm:
How many?

Good point.

Oh, I know.

I don't think either of us can answer that, Alevine. Tony Blair said exactly this himself.

But he has never said he used the wrong choice of words or made a mistake. Ever.

And do you know? His place in history would probably be rehabilitated if he did.

But you should answer that if you're making the claim, Karnal.  There is a big difference between seeking guidance from your faith (as stupid as this is), and doing something based on what you believe your faith commands you to do.  The reality is that the war was fought on the pre-tense of stopping a serial killing maniac with weapons of mass destructions, who happened to also be secular. So, the idea that this was all somehow based on religion is preposterous to say the least.  Today, I'd support it simply on the basis of knowing that a serial killing genocidal maniac wankjob would be removed from power. Fantastic.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2035 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:30pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:19pm:
How many?

Good point.

Still a good point.

"Regressives".

"Regressives".

I've never claimed Bush went to war on the basis of religion.  yes, I once thought invasion Iraq was a bad idea, as we've covered time and again, but similarly to how Bush is allowed to misspeak, I am allowed to change my mind. My mind on Iraq has changed, as we've covered time and again. Not sure why you think that's some kind of negative, or why you think that somehow diminishes what my argument to you is?  Is this another of your 'I'll ignore what he says and just go with what I want him to say' type of nonsense?

Was it nonsense then, or now?

I'm curious.

And yes, you most certainly blamed Bush for being a religious zealot and waging a religious war. I don't think you're being dishonest, I just think you'd like to forget.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2036 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:33pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:30pm:
How many?

Good point.

Still a good point.

"Regressives".

"Regressives".

I'm curious.

And yes, you most certainly blamed Bush for being a religious zealot and waging a religious war. I don't think you're being dishonest, I just think you'd like to forget.

You can of course quote me when ever I said 'waging a religious war.' 

A religious zealot? yes, I don't like any leaders who try to use religion within their decision making. I think it's stupid and inappropriate, so undoubtedly I may have called Bush a religious zealot because he probably is.  But waging a religious war? Not to my recollection.

And nonsense then, as I have clearly stated and you have clearly ignored time and again. Why would I be pretending now? Do you not see how irrational this question is, Karnal? It's just plain stupid to think someone is making something up NOW. Especially with the Iraq War, which has only seen a decline in its public opinion. Why would I NOW say I would agree with removing Sadam Hassain if it was 'nonsense'?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2037 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:34pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:27pm:
How many?

Good point.

Oh, I know.

But you should answer that if you're making the claim, Karnal.  There is a big difference between seeking guidance from your faith (as stupid as this is), and doing something based on what you believe your faith commands you to do.  The reality is that the war was fought on the pre-tense of stopping a serial killing maniac with weapons of mass destructions, who happened to also be secular.

Good point. They tended to forget Saddam was secular back in 2003. Sounds like they waged a "crusade" against the wrong guy, eh?

Sorry, Alevine, wrong choice of words.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2038 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:36pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:34pm:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:27pm:
How many?

Good point.

Oh, I know.

But you should answer that if you're making the claim, Karnal.  There is a big difference between seeking guidance from your faith (as stupid as this is), and doing something based on what you believe your faith commands you to do.  The reality is that the war was fought on the pre-tense of stopping a serial killing maniac with weapons of mass destructions, who happened to also be secular.

Good point. They tended to forget Saddam was secular back in 2003. Sounds like they waged a "crusade" against the wrong guy, eh?

Sorry, Alevine, wrong choice of words.

Oh I have no doubt you ACTUALLY believe it was a 'crusade'. That just goes to show how plain dumb you're being. All to try and justify what? That the current most problemetic religion in the world is Islam? It's so interesting to see you try and pursuade an irrational point of view just to try and stay apologetic to your cause.

And no one forgot that Sadaam was secular in 2003. He was indeed secular: he didn't care who he killed  and raped. Your hero. That is why it is a lot more reasonable to believe that indeed they had faulty intelligence on his weapons of mass destruction.   And it is indeed plausible to consider that being religious, both Blair and Bush would've prayed before making the last of their decisions. But to suggest they invaded Iraq BECAUSE of their religion? Please, tell us, how this is plausible.
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:43pm by sir prince duke alevine »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2039 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:38pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:33pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 10:30pm:
How many?

Good point.

Still a good point.

"Regressives".

"Regressives".

I'm curious.

You can of course quote me when ever I said 'waging a religious war.' 

A religious zealot? yes, I don't like any leaders who try to use religion within their decision making. I think it's stupid and inappropriate, so undoubtedly I may have called Bush a religious zealot because he probably is.  But waging a religious war? Not to my recollection.

And nonsense then, as I have clearly stated and you have clearly ignored time and again. Why would I be pretending now? Do you not see how irrational this question is, Karnal? It's just plain stupid to think someone is making something up NOW. Especially with the Iraq War, which has only seen a decline in its public opinion. Why would I NOW say I would agree with removing Sadam Hassain if it was 'nonsense'?

I can't say why you'd pretend now, Alevine. Some people just get mixed up, I guess.

It's a surprise to me too, remember. I have no idea why your views changed.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 ... 188
Send Topic Print