Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Australian culture takes another blow (Read 13535 times)
BlOoDy RiPpEr
Gold Member

aussie-patriot.com

Sydney
Australian culture takes another blow
Apr 5th, 2013 at 5:46am

Qantas The once Australian Government owned airlines that was prommised to remain Australian when sold has now become a middle eastern airline with pork products now banned.

host of the aussie-patriot.com site
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: Australian culture takes another blow
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 5:47am

Great

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

BlOoDy RiPpEr
Gold Member

aussie-patriot.com

Sydney
Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 5:49am

no more bacon omelette bacon omelette for you

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 6:21am

O no!

what next?

our security blanket

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 6:24am

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

bambu
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 6:36am

No pork products?

Want to visit the UAE, on its airline Emirates or partner airline Qantas?
...then with no pork products you must put up.

Set foot in the UAE?
Not I, never ever.

UAE is not compatible with my culture and beliefs.
'strict Islamic rules'...are not for me.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/travel/news/michelle-palmer-vince-acors-jailed-...

TWO Britons who made world headlines after being arrested for having sex on a beach in Dubai and offending local Muslim customs have now been jailed.
The Britons were sentenced to three months in prison and ordered their subsequent deportation after they were convicted of having sex on the beach.

Michelle Palmer, a 37-year-old publishing executive in Dubai who has been sacked from her job, and Vince Acors, a 34-year-old visitor to the emirate, were found guilty of having sex in a public place in the early hours of July 5 after drinking heavily.
...but the city state still adheres to certain strict Islamic rules.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/travel/travel-incidents/dubai-taxi-romp-pair-jai...

A British woman and Irish man accused of engaging in sexual activities in a Dubai taxi have been sentenced to three months in prison and then deportation, their lawyer says.

The case is the latest in which Westerners have fallen foul of the United Arab Emirates' decency laws, highlighting cultural differences as the UAE seeks a balance between maintaining its Muslim identity and catering for a vibrant tourism industry.

Rebecca Blake and Conor McRedmond both denied charges of "breach of honour with consent" and committing "an indecent act in a taxi" when they appeared in court last month. They also pleaded guilty to a third charge related to consumption of alcohol in public.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-06-06/woman-to-sue-government-over-alleged-dubai...

Woman to sue Government over alleged Dubai rape

A Brisbane woman who was jailed in Dubai for adultery after she was allegedly drugged and raped plans to sue the Australian Government.

Alicia Gali, 29, claims she was drugged and sexually assaulted by four co-workers at Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort in the United Arab Emirates in June 2008.

She has already been granted leave to sue the resort and will tomorrow seek leave to sue the Commonwealth in the Brisbane Supreme Court.

Ms Gali claims she contacted an Australian consular official for advice over whether to report the incident or go to hospital.

She claims the officer warned her she could face a life sentence if drugs were found in her system, but did not tell her a complaint of rape could see her charged for adultery.

Ms Gali spent eight months in prison over the incident because it is illegal to have sex outside of marriage in the United Arab Emirates.

She was pardoned and released in March 2009, and her lawyer claims she still suffers severe post traumatic stress disorder, nightmares, flash backs, depression and claustrophobia.

#####

The prison was horrible, terror, hell, a Westerner's worst nightmare.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/travel/news/queensland-woman-tells-of-her-jail-hel...

Warning other women against going to the UAE, Ms Gali said she endured eight months in a crowded prison room with up to 30 other women after she complained to authorities of being raped. i

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 6:40am

ugh, I'll forgive you because you clearly have't finished high school.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #7 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 6:41am

Pretty sure that if you have sex on the beach here you will be arrested.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

BlOoDy RiPpEr
Gold Member

aussie-patriot.com

Sydney
Reply #8 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 7:09am

What's next, burka's for female flight attendents?

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 8:12am

I didn't even know that pork was part of our culture.

My advice:

If you can't go a week without a vodka cruiser.....stay home and watch the footy, in your thongs and rugby shorts of course.

IP Logged

FriYAY
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 8:57am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 8:12am:

My advice:

If you can't go a week without a vodka cruiser.....stay home and watch the footy, in your thongs and rugby shorts of course.

Awwww, the confused mind of the bigot. Cheesy

IP Logged

The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 9:04am

FriYAY wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 8:57am:

My advice:

Awwww, the confused mind of the bigot. Cheesy

I read somewhere that in the states you can buy bacon flavoured vodka.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #12 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 9:10am

My advice:

Pork is derived fom an animal, namely a pig, vodka is derived from a vegetable primarily, potatoes.

While both start with the letter P, they very different things.

Nice to see your years of schooling didn't go to waste.  Grin

IP Logged

BlOoDy RiPpEr
Gold Member

aussie-patriot.com

Sydney
Reply #13 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 1:08pm

Pigs have been part of civilisation for thousand of years. The earliest records of pigs are in paintings in caves in Europe that date back from more than 20 000 years ago. The very first pigs in Australia were brought with the First Fleet in 1788 and in that same year there were forty-nine pigs in the colony. There is no evidence that there were pigs in Australia before white men arrived.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #14 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 2:50pm

Perhaps they will let you beat up your wives and children during the flight. Maybe we can have candle stick bowling balls pass through the x-ray scanners without a second thought, too.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #15 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 2:56pm

Will Qantas allow you to make a pig of yourself with their halal food?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #16 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 2:59pm

If Qantas crashes, do you think people will start viewing it as a deliberate act?

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 3:53pm

bambu wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 6:36am:
No pork products?

Set foot in the UAE?
Not I, never ever.

[...]

Quite so. However, as some Australians eat pork shouldn't Australian-bound Emirates planes have pork on the menu? Aren't they flying into a country that does eat pork?

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

Mnemonic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #18 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 6:36pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 6:41am:
Pretty sure that if you have sex on the beach here you will be arrested.

If you have sex on the plane they will also arrest you.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #19 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 6:55pm

Me thinks the birds have flown..... James I of England, James VI of Scotland - soon to lose his head to Parliament...

Ay, Paddy - that's what comes of handing yer national airline over to the One World Order - we cease to have any personal or national identity while everyone else remains the same...

Segues neatly into the loss of industrial capacity, reduction in emissions etc.. all of which leave us bereft of all, while enhancing not one iota of change in the world overall, but strengthening those other countries we deal with.

Oh, well - if we all end up living in hovels we will match the ROTW in terms of living conditions... my figures (still incomplete, sorry_) are that we need to roughly lose about 12 out of 17 economic/income points in order to reach wage parity with Asia overall.... which is on just over 5 points....

Oh, well - as long as the 'prime minister' and all her henchpersons come out of it set up for life...... Cry

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 6:58pm

Sex on the beach?  I'd forgotten what sex in my bed was..... Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mnemonic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #21 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 7:22pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 6:58pm:

The moral police will arrest you there too if you do it the wrong way.

IP Logged

Chimp_Logic
Gold Member

πολιτικός

Mawson Base
Reply #22 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 7:59pm

Mnemonic wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 7:22pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 6:58pm:

The moral police will arrest you there too if you do it the wrong way.

as opposed to the immoral police - the fascists that you support

Mini Ice Age (2014-2029)
Dr Sircus cures cancer with Baking Soda and Magnesium - Jethro the MENTAL GIANT & his flute madness

IP Logged

Mnemonic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #23 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 8:43pm

Chimp_Logic wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 7:59pm:

The immoral police will make sure you do it the wrong way, which is the right way for them.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #24 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 11:31pm

BlOoDy RiPpEr wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 5:46am:
Qantas The once Australian Government owned airlines that was prommised to remain Australian when sold has now become a middle eastern airline with pork products now banned.

What a JOKE !

Quote:
QANTAS has removed pork from its in-flight menu on flights to and from Europe as a result of its partnership with Middle Eastern airline Emirates.

No food containing pork or pork products will be served on those flights - which now has a stopover in Dubai - because it is strictly forbidden in Islam and is considered "unholy".

All meals offered on the route in first, business and economy classes will also be prepared without alcohol in keeping with the Islamic religion. A note on the Qantas menus on flights in and out of Dubai states that the meals do not contain pork products or alcohol. The airline has also introduced a mezze plate offering traditional Middle Eastern fare in its upper classes and has Arabic translations after in-flight announcements.

A Qantas spokesman said the decision to remove pork, ham and other related food items had had minimal impact on its menu and it was still offering the same meal choices.

"Qantas in-flight catering often reflects the cultural and regional influences of the international destinations we fly to," he said.

"On flights to and from Hong Kong and China, our menus include regionally inspired dishes such as stir fries and to Singapore we have noodle options."

Qantas also offers meals without pork and alcohol on flights to the Indonesian capital Jakarta, which also has a large Muslim population.

Several other airlines which fly from Australia to the United Arab Emirates and Malaysia do not serve pork either.

Virgin Australia does not serve pork on flights to and from Abu Dhabi and all meals that are prepared are halal accredited, with meat prepared in a way prescribed by Islamic law.

Qantas passengers heading to any European city now fly via Dubai instead of Singapore, as they did under the airline's previous longstanding partnership with British Airways. The Qantas pork ban comes as other airlines - in the wake of the Qantas-Emirates merger - jostle for market share by aggressively discounting fares from Australia to Europe.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/pigs-cant-fly-qantas-bans-pork-on-in-flight...

The usual bigoted, racist, intolerant suspects might be surprised to find that Qantas flights from Mumbai to Australia don't serve beef, either, if they ever travelled that far

The funny part is - had Qantas not made this media release - no-one would have noticed

Congratulations to Qantas - on a savvy, niche market, business decision

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 11:32pm

Mnemonic wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 8:43pm:
Chimp_Logic wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 7:59pm:

The immoral police will make sure you do it the wrong way, which is the right way for them.

"We of the Third Reich take our sexual politics very seriously!  So - you have not seen no sex... or you have seen no sex... of perhaps you have seen this sex but are not reporting it?  When a hawk seeks prey.. it will look where a hawk will look... but a rat.. a rat know where to look!

Was this sex of zer Jew Dreyfus?" Grin

ADDS:-  I don't eat pork as such - bacon and ham but that's it... if offered a pork meal on a flight I would not eat it anyway.  No - I am not a Muslim or whatever - my father farmed pigs when i was young and I don't like to eat them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyqjN8Au8QI

Who said pigs could fly?   Shocked Grin

http://clip.dj/babe-if-i-had-words-mice-download-mp3-mp4-sWxkv3fPsag#v/sWxkv3fPs...
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2013 at 11:41pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 10:10am

buzzanddidj wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 11:31pm:
The usual bigoted, racist, intolerant suspects might be surprised to find that Qantas flights from Mumbai to Australia don't serve beef, either, if they ever travelled that far

The funny part is - had Qantas not made this media release - no-one would have noticed

Congratulations to Qantas - on a savvy, niche market, business decision

Crayons
I'll give you a chance to think about what you've said before I give you a well deserved boot up the date.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 10:25am

bambu wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 6:36am:
No pork products?

Set foot in the UAE?
Not I, never ever.

UAE is not compatible with my culture and beliefs.
'strict Islamic rules'...are not for me.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/travel/news/michelle-palmer-vince-acors-jailed-...

TWO Britons who made world headlines after being arrested for having sex on a beach in Dubai and offending local Muslim customs have now been jailed.
The Britons were sentenced to three months in prison and ordered their subsequent deportation after they were convicted of having sex on the beach.

Michelle Palmer, a 37-year-old publishing executive in Dubai who has been sacked from her job, and Vince Acors, a 34-year-old visitor to the emirate, were found guilty of having sex in a public place in the early hours of July 5 after drinking heavily.
...but the city state still adheres to certain strict Islamic rules.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/travel/travel-incidents/dubai-taxi-romp-pair-jai...

A British woman and Irish man accused of engaging in sexual activities in a Dubai taxi have been sentenced to three months in prison and then deportation, their lawyer says.

The case is the latest in which Westerners have fallen foul of the United Arab Emirates' decency laws, highlighting cultural differences as the UAE seeks a balance between maintaining its Muslim identity and catering for a vibrant tourism industry.

Rebecca Blake and Conor McRedmond both denied charges of "breach of honour with consent" and committing "an indecent act in a taxi" when they appeared in court last month. They also pleaded guilty to a third charge related to consumption of alcohol in public.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-06-06/woman-to-sue-government-over-alleged-dubai...

Woman to sue Government over alleged Dubai rape

A Brisbane woman who was jailed in Dubai for adultery after she was allegedly drugged and raped plans to sue the Australian Government.

Alicia Gali, 29, claims she was drugged and sexually assaulted by four co-workers at Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort in the United Arab Emirates in June 2008.

She has already been granted leave to sue the resort and will tomorrow seek leave to sue the Commonwealth in the Brisbane Supreme Court.

Ms Gali claims she contacted an Australian consular official for advice over whether to report the incident or go to hospital.

She claims the officer warned her she could face a life sentence if drugs were found in her system, but did not tell her a complaint of rape could see her charged for adultery.

Ms Gali spent eight months in prison over the incident because it is illegal to have sex outside of marriage in the United Arab Emirates.

She was pardoned and released in March 2009, and her lawyer claims she still suffers severe post traumatic stress disorder, nightmares, flash backs, depression and claustrophobia.

#####

The prison was horrible, terror, hell, a Westerner's worst nightmare.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/travel/news/queensland-woman-tells-of-her-jail-hel...

Warning other women against going to the UAE, Ms Gali said she endured eight months in a crowded prison room with up to 30 other women after she complained to authorities of being raped.

This is just proof that islam is not a peaceful religion and follows the laws of the old testament.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #28 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 10:54am

Of course, you CAN always take your OWN food PORK from Australia on board

( ... nothing illegal in THAT)

Though it must be consumed - or dumped - before the Dubai stopover

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #29 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 10:55am

Why is it always anti Government anarchists who try to replace lawful Government and authority with Culture, race and guns...

World Wide Working Class Struggle

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #30 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 3:06pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 5th, 2013 at 2:59pm:
If Qantas crashes, do you think people will start viewing it as a deliberate act?

Pig's arse!

What? ~ Christian terrorists plant a bomb on board in retaliation for no pork chops on the menu?

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 3:13pm

Easy, dont fly Qantas. I wont again.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #32 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 3:45pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 6th, 2013 at 3:06pm:

Pig's arse!

What? ~ Christian terrorists plant a bomb on board in retaliation for no pork chops on the menu?

Perhaps a Muslim pilot wanting to get laid in heaven deciding that the parliament building is a great meeting place for virgins...

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #33 - Apr 6th, 2013 at 4:48pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 6th, 2013 at 3:45pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 6th, 2013 at 3:06pm:

Pig's arse!

Perhaps a Muslim pilot wanting to get laid in heaven deciding that the parliament building is a great meeting place for virgins...

He's welcome to crash into our Canberra Parliament any time he wishes. I'll even give him the map coordinates for him to vector in on...

But it won't happen. Pigs will fly before a Muslim will bomb a politician in a Western country.

They know that as long as they're only bombing Western civilians, the politicians will continue with their Muslim immigration programs, and their acceptance of a creeping increase in Sharia Law, and their grovelling to the immigrant Muslim communities for their votes.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #34 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 6:40am

Nothing better illustrates the intolerance for multiculturalism of your ordinary, average 'moderate' (sic) Muslim than that they are unwilling to allow a choice in the matter of eating pork.

We are so often told that it's only the fascist extremists amongst the Muslims who insist upon promoting an aggressive version of Islam.

No pork on Qantas gives the lie to this.

The Qantas management is bending the knee to 'moderate' (sic) Muslims who are clearly demonstrating they have no tolerance for Western menus that include pork products.

This is once again an incursion upon Western freedoms to chose as one wishes.

And still our politicians keep the national gates wide open for yet more of the Muslim hordes to come flooding into our Western homelands.

When the Treason Trials eventually arrive through grass-roots action from irate mobs surging through our city streets with pikes and hay-forks, the carpenters won't be able to keep up with the demand for market-place guillotines.

The likes of Julia Gillard will be spared the guillotine to be burnt at the stake like a Joan of Arc, being martyred for her loyalty to Marxist-Leninist ideals.

« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2013 at 6:50am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 8:30am

you know I like Pigs.... and I am not sorry to hear some people dont/wont eat them... have to admit I am not one of them like my bacon sarnies..however if I thought for one moment they had to kill a pig for my sarnie I would give them up as well.

hers to ALL PIGS.....may you FLY FOREVER..

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 9:35am

$500 off a trip to Europe, I say smack the pork!

I wonder how many of you pork lovers/ex Qantas lovers

have ever flown with Qantas

have ever flown to the Middle East

have ever ordered pork from the in-flight menu

will ever fly to the Middle East with a pork supplying airline carrier

I don't think you people will be heading to Europe (too many Mooslims) unless you're off to a Gert Wilders concert of course.

Anyone that has ever tasted Qantas food would be glad that they're taking one more thing off the menu.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #37 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 9:44am

Haha theres a point. Not sure i remember pork ever being on an in flight menu anyway. Its not like they can fry up bacon in the galley.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #38 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 9:50am

Of course they do.  They usually have English breakfast as an option when flying into Heathrow.

It doesn't affect me.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #39 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 10:17am

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 7th, 2013 at 6:40am:
We are so often told that it's only the fascist extremists amongst the Muslims who insist upon promoting an aggressive version of Islam.

The Qantas management is bending the knee to 'moderate' (sic) Muslims who are clearly demonstrating they have no tolerance for Western menus that include pork products.

Gees Herbert. That sure is some melodramatic crap you have posted there.
Here are some facts
- Qantas also have "no Beef" menus when flying into India
- Virgin Australia already doesn't serve pork on flights to Abu Dhabi
- It is common practice for airlines to have regionally inspired dishes when flying to international destinations. Such as stir frys when going to China and Noodles when flying to Singapore.
- You are hypocritically trying to impose your Western values on other nations. "When in Rome do as the Romans do". Its part of international travel.

It would seem that this story has just been a dog whistle for the usual Muslim bashing posters

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Mnemonic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #40 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 1:12pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Apr 7th, 2013 at 10:17am:
- It is common practice for airlines to have regionally inspired dishes when flying to international destinations. Such as stir frys when going to China and Noodles when flying to Singapore.

Really? I'll fly Qantas next time then!!!!

IP Logged

Mnemonic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #41 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 1:15pm

Speaking of regionally inspired dishes, I think it could be a way of preparing people psychologically for what kind of food they will be eating when they get there.

IP Logged

Mnemonic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #42 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 1:20pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 7th, 2013 at 6:40am:
Nothing better illustrates the intolerance for multiculturalism of your ordinary, average 'moderate' (sic) Muslim than that they are unwilling to allow a choice in the matter of eating pork.

Seriously, it's not like they're banning the sale of pork in supermarkets. You can eat pork any time you like when you're in this country. Furthermore, as far as I am aware, Qantas is a privately-owned company, so they can impose whatever "culture" they want on their customers once they have paid for their air tickets. If you don't like their service, don't fly with them.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 1:32pm

Some people shouldn't leave home if they're so obsessed with their own culture.

Or stick to the Gold Coast.

I'm pretty sure it's just another reason to whinge about Muslims though.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #44 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 3:26pm

But by the same token why aren't you advocating that Qantas and the other airlines ban halal foods being on the menu when they're flying to a Western nation?

When outward bound ~ okay ~ so pander to ethno-religious hysteria in relation to sacred cows and pigs being 'unclean', but inward bound, it's OUR culture that takes priority.

Pork chops and beef sausages on the menu.

Fair?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #45 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 3:46pm

Mnemonic wrote on Apr 7th, 2013 at 1:20pm:
Seriously, it's not like they're banning the sale of pork in supermarkets. You can eat pork any time you like when you're in this country.

A plane at 37,000 feet is for all practical purposes in neutral territory and a public place in which nobody's culture predominates unless it's the Red Eye to Mecca for the annual hadj.

I would literally have the airline managements publicly flogged for kowtowing to Medieval minorities who are intolerant of non-Muslims having the freedom to eat a Western diet in the neutral environment of a plane at 37,000 feet.

Quote:
Furthermore, as far as I am aware, Qantas is a privately-owned company, so they can impose whatever "culture" they want on their customers once they have paid for their air tickets. If you don't like their service, don't fly with them.

I'll sympathise with the Qantas management when I hear that their food policy favours the Western culture passengers during the inbound flights back to Australia.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #46 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 5:49am

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 7th, 2013 at 3:26pm:

But by the same token why aren't you advocating that Qantas and the other airlines ban halal foods being on the menu when they're flying to a Western nation?

When outward bound ~ okay ~ so pander to ethno-religious hysteria in relation to sacred cows and pigs being 'unclean', but inward bound, it's OUR culture that takes priority.

Pork chops and beef sausages on the menu.

Fair?

Are halal foods banned in western nations?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #47 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 7:29am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 8th, 2013 at 5:49am:
Are halal foods banned in western nations?

By the same token ~ burqas are banned in France and Belgium, and soon to be in Italy and Holland. By your own rules, shouldn't this mean that no passengers flying via Air France or Air Italia inbound for these countries should be allowed to wear a burqa?

You see how messy and culturally 'precious' it all becomes?

But anyway, I take your point.

So okay ~ let's agree upon a fair-and-equitable compromise that should satisfy all parties.

During flights from Muslim countries to Western countries both pork and halal foods are on the menu.

The Westerners don't have to eat the halal foods, and the Muslims are not compelled to eat the pork meals.

Pigs are not sacred to Muslims, and so no 'disrespect' is being shown by Western passengers who eat a pork meal.

« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2013 at 7:41am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #48 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 7:35am

What is the problem anyway? Do you have to have pork in every meal?

The reason they wont have it is prolly because they can smell it. Personally the smell of bacon in an enclosed space makes me sick but its okay in normal circumstances. Like those cheap frozen meat pies from woolies - and parmesan cheese. Okay to eat but well not so good to be near in an enclosed space.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #49 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 7:55am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 8th, 2013 at 7:35am:
What is the problem anyway?

The problem is that of letting a particular culture predominate to the effect that other people are not given the right to practice their own cultural heritage ~ and this in the neutral environment of an international airliner at 37,000 feet.

Do you have to have pork in every meal?

You're trying to rationalise why Westerners should be happy to submit to this Islamic mono-cultural fascism in the multicultural environment of a international passenger jet.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #50 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 8:20am

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 8th, 2013 at 7:55am:
What is the problem anyway?

The problem is that of letting a particular culture predominate to the effect that other people are not given the right to practice their own cultural heritage ~ and this in the neutral environment of an international airliner at 37,000 feet.

Do you have to have pork in every meal?

You're trying to rationalise why Westerners should be happy to submit to this Islamic mono-cultural fascism in the multicultural environment of a international passenger jet.

No its their jet now. They can serve what they want. We dont have a "culture" of airline food (except that its crap).  If we did im sure we would be catered to.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #51 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 12:13pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 8th, 2013 at 8:20am:
No its their jet now.

I didn't know the Muslims had became the majority shareholder in Qantas.

They can serve what they want.

So it would seem, and the question begs: Why aren't Western airlines also banning pork on trips to and from Israel?

Could it be there's less chance of violent retribution from Jews than there is from Muslims and their Religion of Peace?

We dont have a "culture" of airline food.

Yes we do. It's always been a case of a multicultural menu ~ with alcohol ~ and let every person chose for themselves.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #52 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 12:13pm

No delete function

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #53 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 12:44pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 8th, 2013 at 12:13pm:
No its their jet now.

They can serve what they want.

So it would seem, and the question begs: Why aren't Western airlines also banning pork on trips to and from Israel?

Could it be there's less chance of violent retribution from Jews than there is from Muslims and their Religion of Peace?

We dont have a "culture" of airline food.

Yes we do. It's always been a case of a multicultural menu ~ with alcohol ~ and let every person chose for themselves.

How do you know they arent? Just because the media didnt dog whistle you on it doesnt mean it didnt happen.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #54 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 12:49pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 8th, 2013 at 12:44pm:
How do you know they arent? Just because the media didnt dog whistle you on it doesnt mean it didnt happen.

I'm ending our conversation. You're just being vexatious to the point of trolling.

IP Logged

Torpedo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #55 - Apr 9th, 2013 at 9:08pm

horrible  Undecided

If GST rises by 5%, then your income must also rise by 5%. Which means you will either become unemployed or underpaid. Choose wisely

IP Logged

Torpedo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #56 - Apr 9th, 2013 at 9:09pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 8th, 2013 at 12:49pm:

I'm ending our conversation. You're just being vexatious to the point of trolling.

I am with you Herbert!

If GST rises by 5%, then your income must also rise by 5%. Which means you will either become unemployed or underpaid. Choose wisely

IP Logged

Torpedo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #57 - Apr 9th, 2013 at 9:41pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Apr 7th, 2013 at 1:32pm:

Some people shouldn't leave home if they're so obsessed with their own culture.

Or stick to the Gold Coast.

I'm pretty sure it's just another reason to whinge about Muslims though.

some ppl should just stay away, and don't impose their sick and brutal cultures Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #58 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 7:42am

Torpedo wrote on Apr 9th, 2013 at 9:09pm:

I am with you Herbert!

I love you too.

I decided to torpedo him rather than go around and around in endlessly diminishing circles like a couple of floating turds rotating around a giant whirlpool in a huge underground sewer.

And besides, my time is limited. I have other patients waiting desperately for me to treat them for their Politically Correct Virus which is particularly virulent this year.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #59 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 9:12am

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 7:42am:

I am with you Herbert!

I love you too.

I decided to torpedo him rather than go around and around in endlessly diminishing circles like a couple of floating turds rotating around a giant whirlpool in a huge underground sewer.

And besides, my time is limited. I have other patients waiting desperately for me to treat them for their Politically Correct Virus which is particularly virulent this year.

Completely ignoring my point of course. Distracting much?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #60 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 9:46am

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 8th, 2013 at 12:13pm:
No its their jet now.

SOB

TWENTY LARGEST QANTAS SHAREHOLDERS

1. J P Morgan Nominees Australia (J P Morgan)
2. HSBC Custody Nominees (Australia) Limited (HSBC Bank)
3. National Nominees Limited (National Bank of Australia)
4. Citicorp Nominees Pty Limited (Citibank)
5. Cogent Nominees Pty Limited
6. Australia Reward Investment
7. Queensland Investment Corporation
8. Pacifica Group Plans Ltd
9. Tasman Asset Management Ltd
10. AMP Life Limited
11. Bond Street Custodians Limited
12. USB Wealth Management Australia Nominees Pty Ltd
13. The Senior Master of the Supreme Court
14. USB Nominees Pty Ltd
15. UCA Growth Fund Limited
16. ARGO Investments Limited
17. Suncorp Custodian Services Pty Ltd
18. Share Direct Nominees Pty Ltd
19. Woodross Nominees Pty Ltd
20. RBC Dexia Investor Services Limited

>>>And the Top 4 shareholders of Qantas own 70% of the company….

BTW, do you like the smell of curry and garlic reflux in enclosed places?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #61 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 9:53am

Well that was a dishonest quote wasnt it

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Doctor Jolly
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 10:09am

I would put to you that Australian culture has never been a large pork eating culture.

No one ever said, throw "another pork-chop on the barbie".

Steak, prawns, lamb, snags (beef)

Pig products have always been a minor player in Australian culture.

BTW, I love bacon.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #63 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 10:12am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 9:53am:
Well that was a dishonest quote wasnt it

SOB

No, it wasn't.

IP Logged

Torpedo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #64 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 11:23am

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 7:42am:

I am with you Herbert!

I love you too.

Grin
Kiss

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #65 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 1:42pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 9:12am:
Completely ignoring my point of course.

Blow it out your arse!

IP Logged

Mnemonic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #66 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 1:47pm

Soren wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 9:46am:
TWENTY LARGEST QANTAS SHAREHOLDERS

1. J P Morgan Nominees Australia (J P Morgan)
2. HSBC Custody Nominees (Australia) Limited (HSBC Bank)
3. National Nominees Limited (National Bank of Australia)
4. Citicorp Nominees Pty Limited (Citibank)
5. Cogent Nominees Pty Limited
6. Australia Reward Investment
7. Queensland Investment Corporation
8. Pacifica Group Plans Ltd
9. Tasman Asset Management Ltd
10. AMP Life Limited
11. Bond Street Custodians Limited
12. USB Wealth Management Australia Nominees Pty Ltd
13. The Senior Master of the Supreme Court
14. USB Nominees Pty Ltd
15. UCA Growth Fund Limited
16. ARGO Investments Limited
17. Suncorp Custodian Services Pty Ltd
18. Share Direct Nominees Pty Ltd
19. Woodross Nominees Pty Ltd
20. RBC Dexia Investor Services Limited

>>>And the Top 4 shareholders of Qantas own 70% of the company….

it doesn't seem very Middle-Eastern to me

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #67 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 1:54pm

It's just another example of gutless Western leadership rolling over to appease the fascist mentality of a 7th century ethnic community.

If the West doesn't grow some balls soon with regard to resisting the Islamisation of our Western cultural heritage, it will be all too late.

IP Logged

Mnemonic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #68 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 7:10pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 1:54pm:
If the West doesn't grow some balls soon with regard to resisting the Islamisation of our Western cultural heritage, it will be all too late.

I don't think we're being Islamised. I think Qantas is doing this because they can. Where's the danger? They can stop doing this tomorrow. I walk around in my city and I don't see much of Islam anywhere. Maybe there's Muslims on the other side of the city, maybe there's a mosque here and there but Western institutions are still deeply entrenched as far as I can see. I don't see Muslim and Islamic ads on TV. There's no Islam in the supermarkets and shopping centres. Very little Islam in the local public library (less than 1 %), very little Islam in book-stores, in retail stores, in real-estate agencies, in banks, restaurants, food courts, I could go on. Where's the Islam? Where are the Muslims?

I think people complaining about Islam's encroachment on the West are just over-reacting. Our liberal, secular society is still going strong. Qantas offering halal meals is just a minor inconvenience and it's not like it's going to kill you. There are still people drinking beer, playing video games, buying from McDonalds and KFC, ordering pizza, celebrating ANZAC and Remembrance Day, watching football and cricket. Where I live, it's business as usual.

A secular society can put up with a little bit of Islam. That's why it's being done. That's why we still celebrate Christmas, because despite the fact that it comes from a religion (Christianity), it is not a threat to the overall secular culture of our society today. If you can put up with Easter and Jesus, you can put up with halal meals and it won't kill you.

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 1:54pm:
........... rolling over to appease the fascist mentality of a 7th century ethnic community.

Halal meals aren't fascist. It's just food, and speaking of food, why should we care anyway that it comes from a 7th century tradition? I would be more worried about whether or not it contains coriander or cilantro than its cultural roots. Half of all Chinese cuisine could have been invented by a mass-murdering Chinese emperor but in the end what we have now is the food itself.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #69 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 9:14pm

Mnemonic wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 7:10pm:
I don't think we're being Islamised.

There are parts of Sydney that are no longer recognisable as a Western country.

Sharia Law is now widely practised in defiance of the laws of this country.

Foods sold at our supermarkets are 'halal' without any by-your-leave to the general public.

Jews at our universities no longer wear their yarmulkes because of intimidation and threats of violence from Muslim students.

Islamic schools have sprung up all over Australia with the specific purpose of Islamising Australian-born children to view themselves as owing their primary loyalties to the nations of Islam, and with a hatred of Israel.

Our Australian soldiers no longer wear their uniforms in public due to their experience of violent threats and intimidating harassment from members of our Muslim community.

Public swimming pools get closed on certain days to accommodate the 'modesty' of Muslim women who wish to swim only with their own kind.

Every Sydney girl who has ever experienced the terror of being bated and threated by groups of Islamic youths at the beaches because they are wearing Western costumes instead of full-body Islamic swim-wear has been a victim of attempts at Islamisation-by-threat.

Over and again our Sydney papers carry the story of Muslim taxi-drivers refusing to pick up blind customers because they are accompanied by their 'seeing-eye' dog ~ dogs being 'haram' (forbidden) to Muslims.

And again, there are stories about Muslim taxi-drivers refusing to pick up customers who are taking home any sort of alcoholic drink ~~ alcohol being 'haram' to Muslims.

Muslim mothers in Sydney were reported as having rushed to a school to withdraw their daughters upon learning they were being introduced to dancing lessons ~~ dancing being 'haram' to Muslims'.

Islam is a creeping disease that is spreading rapidly throughout the Western world. Colonel Gaddafi was quite correct when he boasted that Europe's 10 million immigrant Muslims is a guarantee that Islam will prevail throughout the continent in just a very few short years time.

Already there are cities like Antwerp and Rotterdam where the most popular name for boy babies is 'Mohammed'.

There are suburbs in Europe where Christian women are forced to wear a hijab in the streets if they want to avoid a barrage of disgusting abuse from the locals.

Mnemonic wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 7:10pm:
I think Qantas is doing this because they can. Where's the danger?

It sets a dangerous precedent. Next, they'll be prohibitions in our restaurants and cafes, our hotels and shopping malls against the sale of pork products as these will be deemed 'offensive' to the cultural sensitivities of our Muslim citizens.

And I think Qantas has a ban on pork because they fear a violent retribution if they don't kowtow to Muslim cultural sensitivities.

It's all a capitulation to avoid the potential for violence.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print