Forum

 
  Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  
 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
If long term drought returns to Australia,..... (Read 2821 times)
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: If long term drought returns to Australia,.....
Reply #15 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 5:17pm
 
Bobby. wrote on Jul 26th, 2012 at 9:54am:
Dorothea MacKellar:

Quote:
I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me!



We have always had droughts here in Australia & we always will.
People have complained about the Wonthaggi Desalination Plant
but you can bet your balls that we'll need it one decade or maybe for
a period as long as 40 years.

It's all about definitions!

Not all drought are the same just as not all recessions and booms are the same.

  Wink Wink
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
Shane B
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 1473
Canberra
Gender: male
Re: If long term drought returns to Australia,.....
Reply #16 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 5:51pm
 
The great Federation drought. Now that was a bad drought.
Back to top
 

Julia Gillard - twice selected, never elected.

We're still paying for the Whitlam Government.
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: If long term drought returns to Australia,.....
Reply #17 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 7:20pm
 
Shane B wrote on Jul 26th, 2012 at 5:51pm:
The great Federation drought. Now that was a bad drought.

Ok, how long was that for?  Cheesy

I think you'll find my last avatar was of exactly that event  Wink Wink
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
gizmo_2655
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 16010
South West NSW
Gender: male
Re: If long term drought returns to Australia,.....
Reply #18 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 12:39pm
 
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Jul 26th, 2012 at 5:15pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Jul 26th, 2012 at 12:10am:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Jul 25th, 2012 at 1:52pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Jul 24th, 2012 at 10:12pm:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Jul 24th, 2012 at 6:35pm:
progressiveslol wrote on Jul 23rd, 2012 at 10:27pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Jul 23rd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Jul 23rd, 2012 at 5:09pm:
would we start building solar power en-masse to finally acknowledge climate change?


THE ANSWER IS NO.

We would respond with excuses that the timing is not right and that the technology is too expensive and we should wait for others to help bring down the costs of the technologies first....

IT PAYS TO THINK AHEAD WHEN DEALING WITH FORESEEABLE DISASTER.

BOTTLENECKS WILL OCCUR WHEN WE ALL REALISE WE HAVE TO CHANGE TO RENEWABLE ENERGIES ALL AT ONCE....

IT PAYS TO BE AHEAD OF THE CURVE....


Surely you mean WHEN long term drought returns....

deadhorse

What do you mean if. Flannery has already said never again, the rivers and dams will never fill again, we will not know what snow is.

BTW he is peddling his crap once more, so you are in good company.

Seen the dams in Perth lately!!  Huh Huh


You mean the ones that have 30 gigalitres MORE water now, than this time last year???

Hey gizmo, I dare you to put some long term moving averages together and then try and look your kids in the eye when you deny climate chagne!


  Shocked Shocked  Kiss Kiss Kiss  Cheesy


Well I don't have any kids...and I don't 'deny' climate CHAGNE..(whatever the hell that is...)

GIZMO IS EMBARRASSED, LOL  Kiss


Am I??? Ok, thanks for telling me....
Back to top
 

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: If long term drought returns to Australia,.....
Reply #19 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:17pm
 
gizmo_2655 wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 12:39pm:
Am I??? Ok, thanks for telling me....

gizmo can't look his kids in the eye!!  Cheesy Cheesy  Cry
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
gizmo_2655
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 16010
South West NSW
Gender: male
Re: If long term drought returns to Australia,.....
Reply #20 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:32pm
 
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:17pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 12:39pm:
Am I??? Ok, thanks for telling me....

gizmo can't look his kids in the eye!!  Cheesy Cheesy  Cry


I told you before...I don't have any kids......couple of nephews, two nieces and one great-niece....

Not of course that it matters that much.....because my family is raised on logic, so 'climate change' does exist...and always has....it's the human component that is in error...
Back to top
 

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: If long term drought returns to Australia,.....
Reply #21 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:40pm
 
gizmo_2655 wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:32pm:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:17pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 12:39pm:
Am I??? Ok, thanks for telling me....

gizmo can't look his kids in the eye!!  Cheesy Cheesy  Cry


I told you before...I don't have any kids......couple of nephews, two nieces and one great-niece....

Not of course that it matters that much.....because my family is raised on logic, so 'climate change' does exist...and always has....it's the human component that is in error...

gizmo can't look the young kids in the eye when he walks down the street!
  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Cheesy
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
progressiveslol
Gold Member
*****
Offline


Australian Politics

Posts: 17029
Re: If long term drought returns to Australia,.....
Reply #22 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:44pm
 
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:40pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:32pm:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:17pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 12:39pm:
Am I??? Ok, thanks for telling me....

gizmo can't look his kids in the eye!!  Cheesy Cheesy  Cry


I told you before...I don't have any kids......couple of nephews, two nieces and one great-niece....

Not of course that it matters that much.....because my family is raised on logic, so 'climate change' does exist...and always has....it's the human component that is in error...

gizmo can't look the young kids in the eye when he walks down the street!
  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Cheesy

you sound well versed. I wouldnt do that while walking down the street if I were you. I would imagine that it would be easier for you to get busted, but I cant stop you of course.
Back to top
 
 
IP Logged
 
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member
*****
Offline


MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Posts: 26966
Re: If long term drought returns to Australia,.....
Reply #23 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:48pm
 
progressiveslol wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:44pm:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:40pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:32pm:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 3:17pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 12:39pm:
Am I??? Ok, thanks for telling me....

gizmo can't look his kids in the eye!!  Cheesy Cheesy  Cry


I told you before...I don't have any kids......couple of nephews, two nieces and one great-niece....

Not of course that it matters that much.....because my family is raised on logic, so 'climate change' does exist...and always has....it's the human component that is in error...

gizmo can't look the young kids in the eye when he walks down the street!
  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Cheesy

you sound well versed. I wouldnt do that while walking down the street if I were you. I would imagine that it would be easier for you to get busted, but I cant stop you of course.

progs is embarrassed..  Shocked progs is embarrassed..  Shocked  Cheesy  progs is embarrassed..  Shocked progs is embarrassed..  Shocked  Cheesy   Cry Cry
progs is embarrassed..  Shocked progs is embarrassed..  Shocked  Cheesy  progs is embarrassed..  Shocked progs is embarrassed..  Shocked  Cheesy   Cry Cry


progs is embarrassed..  Shocked progs is embarrassed..  Shocked  Cheesy  progs is embarrassed..  Shocked progs is embarrassed..  Shocked  Cheesy   Cry Cry
progs is embarrassed..  Shocked progs is embarrassed..  Shocked  Cheesy  progs is embarrassed..  Shocked progs is embarrassed..  Shocked  Cheesy   Cry Cry


progs is embarrassed..  Shocked progs is embarrassed..  Shocked  Cheesy  progs is embarrassed..  Shocked progs is embarrassed..  Shocked  Cheesy   Cry Cry
progs is embarrassed..  Shocked progs is embarrassed..  Shocked  Cheesy  progs is embarrassed..  Shocked progs is embarrassed..  Shocked  Cheesy   Cry Cry


  Grin
Back to top
 

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *
 
IP Logged
 
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print