Send Topic Print
Honest men's business (Read 4030 times)
MissFixItOrElse

Australian Politics

Re: Honest men's business
Reply #15 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 1:38am

Regarding this latest offering by you :

Amadd wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 1:28am:
Now I'm retired mid 40's, own everything I've worked for, including my retirement fund.

Have a read of this:

How to Die Young: Retire Early

In a study done by Shell Corporation a shocking discovery was made about the age of retirement when correlated with age of death. According to the article:

People who retire at 55 are 89% more likely to die in the 10 years after retirement than those who retire at 65.

Doesn’t that seem a bit backwards? So they found that the workers living to the age of 65 were 89% more likely to live 10 more years after retirement even though they were 10 years older than their early retirement counterparts. I find that to be completely shocking, I hope you would as well.

So what does this mean?

The only difference between the two groups was retirement from work. From this we could infer that work could be the reason we continue to live as long as we do because it gives us purpose. Many people who leave work aren’t really sure what to do with their days. I can relate as one of the worst months of my life was when I was unemployed, not because I didn’t know where money was coming from, but because I didn’t have anything to work towards. Even if you’re financially free at retirement, it doesn’t mean you’ll be living a fulfilling life.

Read more: http://www.moolanomy.com/2344/how-to-die-young-retire-early-ryan14/#ixzz1z6R8bbdI

IP Logged

MissFixItOrElse

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 1:49am

Amadd wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 1:28am:
So what price would you honestly place upon wiping a couple of snotty noses?

What price do you place on doing some washing, shopping, etc.?
I've done it for myself for years without a prob. It's easy peasy.

Is that what you sincerely think child bearing and child rearing is all about? If so, then you obviously have no idea about what you're talking about.

You also implied a few moments ago that you're past 40, which makes this discussion rather tragic. One usually finds that as we grow older we develop a keen sense of awareness. I cannot see much of this from your recent contributions. And I'm being honest.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #17 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 1:51am

Quote:
So what does this mean?

It means that I'm very sorry for these people.
I've seen them all over the place, I know them now as well. It ain't me.
I've known a workmate who won lotto twice and continued to work. It's a pity IMO.

The generally accepted goal is to work for the ambition of working forever (or until 67..same thing). That has never been my goal, and it is generally not the goal of 20yr olds with a life of ambition ahead of them.

The stats/article you provided, I believe to be true enough..unfortunately.

IP Logged

MissFixItOrElse

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 1:58am

As you can see, once a person retires, they begin to deteriorate at a much faster rate than their equivalent cohorts.

One doesn't necessarily have to see proven scientific studies on this because it's factually evident all around us.

It's one reason (amongst many other reasons) why I'm not going to retire until MY BODY tells me to (not SOMEBODY ELSE).

Thank you for such an interesting chat. Good night.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #19 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 2:03am

Quote:
One usually finds that as we grow older we develop a keen sense of awareness. I cannot see much in the way of evidence (from your recent contributions in here). And I'm being honest.

That's fine with me.
You should see the daggers I get when announcing that I am unofficially retired from work  Grin It's quite hilarious, and somewhat comforting.

I states to me that I have at last attained my goal of enabling myself to attain my innate goals.
It's really relaxing and nice for the moment, but I need to keep up the guard, and I need to work bloody hard (in a relaxed state) to effect somewhere near my capabilities  Wink

« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2012 at 2:13am by Amadd »  

IP Logged

MissFixItOrElse

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 2:21am

I wonder how much of that is really true. Then again I've always been a woman who wonders about many things.

( hence my nic lol but shhhh let that remain just between you and me ).

Thanks again for the chat.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #21 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 6:07am

Amadd wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 12:57am:
Quote:
I don't know about any free tickets though. No one wins when a marriage breaks down ( except for the lawyers involved ).

Crapola!!
The woman who has generally never worked a hard day in her life takes half of the man's toil. QED.

She then upgrades, and has normally already found her upgrade before ending the marriage.

Capitalism has constructed it this way because it is generally the man who will do the bulk of the work for the economy.

..the man is then forced back to work until his "happy" retirement age of 67, when he is then generally lucky to be alive, let alone be able to enjoy the fruits of his capitalistic toil.
In essence, it's a total life of slavery, without choice, without option for escape.

Bullshit

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #22 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 6:09am

Amadd wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 1:09am:
I don't believe that to be true. I think that you must be brainwashed to think of that as being the true case.

The "true case" is that men were/are/will be the primary drivers of the economy and are controlled as such.

Earlier death, later retirement age..it's obvious that men are primarily the chosen plebs to drive the economy.

Obviously you dont know anything about the world lil boy. Perhaps you better try getting married and an d have kids and then get divorced and find out - whats that you say no woman will have you with that attitude?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #23 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 10:21am

Yeah, well, Some play hard to get, I play hard to want  Cheesy

Curiously (or maybe not so much so), for all our battles for freedom and democracy, our western societies aren't very interested in personal freedom of choice..unless it aligns with their particular version.

If Joe Bloggs jumps off a cliff, it doesn't mean that I need to in order to see that it's not for me.
I do have eyes, ears and a semi-functioning brain y'know.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #24 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 10:41am

Pic says it all

SOB

distraction.jpg (87 KB | 36 )
distraction.jpg

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #25 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:04am

Far out - this guy is the very definition of hapless omega schlub.  Nothing new or unsuual about that in itself.  What is unusual is the proportion of males displaying these traits.

The saddest part to me, is that this was even reported.  With so many boys growing up without a father or other male role model, they can't help but take cues from the media.  Positive representations of masculinity in media are almost non existent.  They're going to grow up thinking supplicating ones self before a woman, on the off chance she may deign to let you kiss her feet is the key to a healthy, fulfilling relationship, and life in general. 
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:09am by ... »  

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #26 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:08am

... wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:04am:
Far out - this guy is the very definition of hapless omega schlub.  Nothing new or unsuual about that.

The saddest part to me, is that this was even reported.  With so many boys growing up without a father or other male role model, they can't help but take cues from the media.  Positive representations of masculinity in media are almost non existent.  They're going to grow up thinking supplicating ones self before a woman, on the off chance she may deign to let you kiss her feet is the key to a healthy, fulfilling relationship, and life in general. 

Thing is - i dont know why its even newsworthy. I bet if a woman did it it wouldn't get on the news. the media is just trying to reinforce the stupid stereotypes.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #27 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:11am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:08am:
... wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:04am:
Far out - this guy is the very definition of hapless omega schlub.  Nothing new or unsuual about that.

Thing is - i dont know why its even newsworthy. I bet if a woman did it it wouldn't get on the news. the media is just trying to reinforce the stupid stereotypes.

SOB

No, they're doing the exact opposite of reinforcing stereotypes.  They're trying to create a new stereotype.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:25am

MissFixItOrElse wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 1:03am:
Amadd wrote on Jun 29th, 2012 at 12:57am:
Quote:
I don't know about any free tickets though. No one wins when a marriage breaks down ( except for the lawyers involved ).

Crapola!!
The woman who has generally never worked a hard day in her life takes half of the man's toil. QED.

She then upgrades, and has normally already found her upgrade before ending the marriage.

Capitalism has constructed it this way because it is generally the man who will do the bulk of the work for the economy.

..the man is then forced back to work until his "happy" retirement age of 67, when he is then generally lucky to be alive, let alone be able to enjoy the fruits of his capitalistic toil.

You appear to be speaking from some particular, antiquated anecdotal perspective.

These days, the contributions of BOTH parties just before entering the marriage as well as ALL contributions made during the marriage are carefully considered and weighed up. Future responsibilities as regards children and the cost of their care are also divided equally these days. Exceptional circumstances exist, but that's the case with any legal matter.

Yes, I agree with WW here. It is a quite fair system.
Some men let themselves down by violence, threats, alcohol ...... whereas most women "hold it together" better.

Very justly, if a man is threatening violence, taking drugs or drinking too much, the courts should protect the woman or children.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #29 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 12:11pm

Quote:
You appear to be speaking from some particular, antiquated anecdotal perspective.

Nope, it was pure generalization.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print