Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Labor introduces tax - loses money (Read 2014 times)
Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Labor introduces tax - loses money
Mar 25th, 2012 at 10:29pm

This would be hilarious if it wasn't so damn serious. Only the incompetent Labor party could introduce a new tax and end up worse off, losing money. Full story below...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/budget-in-a-4b-tax-hole/story-e6f...

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Gist
Gold Member

I am not a sock, I am
a human being!

Re: Labor introduces tax - loses money
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 10:53pm

Armchair_Politician wrote on Mar 25th, 2012 at 10:29pm:
This would be hilarious if it wasn't so damn serious. Only the incompetent Labor party could introduce a new tax and end up worse off, losing money. Full story below...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/budget-in-a-4b-tax-hole/story-e6f...

Are you kidding?

Quote:
Liberal leader Tony Abbott said the Coalition's crunch of the budget numbers suggested the bounty associated with the mining tax would cost $13.9 billion by 2014-15. But the tax would raise only $10 billion, with another $900 million projected revenue loss from a NSW royalty increase.
"Only Labor could introduce a great big new tax and still lose money," Mr Abbott told The Sunday Telegraph.

They are quoting ABBOTT'S numbers??

Did they get these numbers from their crooked accountants or did Tony The Dickhead make them up? Hockey can't count past eleventy. And he's a math GENIUS compared to Abbott!

You are indeed right sofa boy, it's hilarious!

"When our military goes to war it should be for purposes and objectives clearly in Australia’s interests, not merely because the Americans want some company" - Malcolm Fraser (2012 Whitlam Oration)

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 10:59pm

Since all liberalism knows how to do is tax and leech off the working class is it any surprise that liberal big taxing wealth transference policies fail every time?  You take from the productive working class with extortionist liberal taxes and Give to upper Middle class bludgers. Cool

World Wide Working Class Struggle

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 11:39pm

It is still $10 billion the Coalition will not be collecting by 2014-15 as well as the billions the Coalition will not be collecting from the carbon levy.....Billions of dollars in revenue Abbott will not get by dropping the means test on the private health care rebate.....Billions of dollars Abbott will have to find to pay for his direct action policy.....The levy he will place on businesses to pay for his very generous paid maternity leave scheme will be passed on the consumers and revert to the budget when it returns to surplus meaning taxpayers will pay for doctors wives to live a life a luxury while they have little Liberal voters at our expense!!!

However Abbott is still promising tax cuts to all Australian's and businesses.....Something will have to go for Abbott to pay for his crap policies.....He will pay for it by scrapping the revenue raising measures that will secure Australia for the long term.....The carbon levy.....the MRRT and the NBN.....Abbott is promising to deliver nothing to pay for his crap policies and destroy the revenue required to ensure the future prosperity of all Australian's.....You have been warned???

The moment of victory is much too short to live for that and nothing else.
Martina Navratilova (1956 - )

Angry Angry Angry

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 11:53pm

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 25th, 2012 at 11:39pm:
It is still $10 billion the Coalition will not be collecting by 2014-15 as well as the billions the Coalition will not be collecting from the carbon levy.....Billions of dollars in revenue Abbott will not get by dropping the means test on the private health care rebate.....Billions of dollars Abbott will have to find to pay for his direct action policy.....The levy he will place on businesses to pay for his very generous paid maternity leave scheme will be passed on the consumers and revert to the budget when it returns to surplus meaning taxpayers will pay for doctors wives to live a life a luxury while they have little Liberal voters at our expense!!!

However Abbott is still promising tax cuts to all Australian's and businesses.....Something will have to go for Abbott to pay for his crap policies.....He will pay for it by scrapping the revenue raising measures that will secure Australia for the long term.....The carbon levy.....the MRRT and the NBN.....Abbott is promising to deliver nothing to pay for his crap policies and destroy the revenue required to ensure the future prosperity of all Australian's.....You have been warned???

The moment of victory is much too short to live for that and nothing else.
Martina Navratilova (1956 - )

Angry Angry Angry

You are in the wrong party pal, you are a liberal, you have no representative of anything but the inner urban upper middle class and welfare for them.

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 11:58pm

There is no place in the ALP for liberal fascists, Anna Bligh and Kristina Keneally found that out the hardest and most bitter way of all as will Julia Gillard. Cool Cool Cool

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 6:18am

Gist wrote on Mar 25th, 2012 at 10:53pm:

Are you kidding?

Quote:
Liberal leader Tony Abbott said the Coalition's crunch of the budget numbers suggested the bounty associated with the mining tax would cost $13.9 billion by 2014-15. But the tax would raise only $10 billion, with another $900 million projected revenue loss from a NSW royalty increase.
"Only Labor could introduce a great big new tax and still lose money," Mr Abbott told The Sunday Telegraph.

They are quoting ABBOTT'S numbers??

http://files.chesscomfiles.com/images_users/tiny_mce/P3T3RP4N/rofl.gif
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181/SapphireWitche/gifs/trek-rofl.gif
http://separi.wippiespace.com/img/conan-rofl.gif
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c261/iron_monky/ROFL.gif

Did they get these numbers from their crooked accountants or did Tony The Dickhead make them up? Hockey can't count past eleventy. And he's a math GENIUS compared to Abbott!

You are indeed right sofa boy, it's hilarious!

Do you expect us to trust Gillard's numbers? I don't think so! She can't even stop people coming here on leaky boats!

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #7 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 6:25am

"Tony, give me your ears, the CIA has infiltrating the treasury and they told me I don't have to pay mining tax"

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 9:26am

It takes a spectacular degree of incompetence to lose money even on a new tax. Thats the ALP way!

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Doctor Jolly
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 9:50am

Be fair, Abbotts numbers are always +/- $70 billion.

It may earn $60 billion !

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 10:26am

I love the way everyone seem to understand all economics especially when it in the billions...

why they are wasted on here I will never know Mr Swan has surely read of these experts on all govt issues.. and who would make the best budget..

figures are just that to me unless they happen to be in my bank account..

figures produced for our benefit I am even more sceptical about..

however WASTE IS WASTE IS WASTE  never to be returned... sorry thats what bothers me more than anything..

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 5:17pm

It's labor... ANYTHING is possible except success and competence.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

nairbe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rural NSW
Reply #12 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 6:06pm

cods wrote on Apr 4th, 2012 at 10:26am:
I love the way everyone seem to understand all economics especially when it in the billions...

why they are wasted on here I will never know Mr Swan has surely read of these experts on all govt issues.. and who would make the best budget..

however WASTE IS WASTE IS WASTE  never to be returned... sorry thats what bothers me more than anything..

If you don't follow economics you won't get them so fair enough Cods, but the waste is an issue. I don't see the waste at the moment, all the stupid money and waste around Rudds stimulas has been done. Those cash hand outs were dumb and the mistakes states made with the BER money have been punished with the wasters in, NSW, Vic and QLD all gone. You may note WA did very well with the BER money. Batts was the big disaster because it cost as much to clean up the incompetence of the States as it did to install them. The mistake was trusting states with money and giving them responsibility. Howard never did and i thought he was wrong but now i understand. States are useless and expensive.

"Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage."
Confucius

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 7:12am

nairbe wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 6:06pm:

If you don't follow economics you won't get them so fair enough Cods, but the waste is an issue. I don't see the waste at the moment, all the stupid money and waste around Rudds stimulas has been done. Those cash hand outs were dumb and the mistakes states made with the BER money have been punished with the wasters in, NSW, Vic and QLD all gone. You may note WA did very well with the BER money. Batts was the big disaster because it cost as much to clean up the incompetence of the States as it did to install them. The mistake was trusting states with money and giving them responsibility. Howard never did and i thought he was wrong but now i understand. States are useless and expensive.

The waste is still there. Borrowing $100m a day with no plan to pay it back, Set top boxes installed for $350 when you can buy them at a quarter of that price at Harvey Norman, the NBN costs continue to blow out, the illegal immigrants have gone from costing us about $100m a year to more than $1bn. The list, sadly but not unexpectedly, goes on and on with this incompetent, corrupt, disfunctional Labor government.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 8:58am

Armchair_Politician wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 7:12am:
nairbe wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 6:06pm:

The waste is still there. Borrowing $100m a day with no plan to pay it back, Set top boxes installed for $350 when you can buy them at a quarter of that price at Harvey Norman, the NBN costs continue to blow out, the illegal immigrants have gone from costing us about $100m a year to more than $1bn. The list, sadly but not unexpectedly, goes on and on with this incompetent, corrupt, disfunctional Labor government.

propping up a dying car industry!!!  I give it another 3 years if that??..

yes its the constant borrowing that abhors me.

what do we have to show for almost 5 years????..

except debt debt and more debt..

does anyone trust dodgy figures anymore??..

the C anberra hospital has just been caught out fudging the figures in triage...its been going on for two years probably longer..

do you trust any of it???.. blowed if I do

they spend more time on hiding the failures than we will ever know about.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print