Soren,
Quote:Finally??? FFS!!!!! can't you mumpties hear anything other than that goddam buzz and bubble of antropogenic CO2 in your own heads??
I meant that you've finally realised that it's an insignificant and totally irrelevant issue. (Don't get upset, that's a
good thing. I'm lauding the fact that you understand that point)
Quote:It seems to me that the best way to find climate change news is to Google "contrary to expectations".
That article has absolutely
nothing to do with climate change. It's about submarine volcanics in the Arctic Ocean.
Quote:BTW if it's such a fuggen breeze to find out out where the active volcanoes are, why is this so:
Show me where I said that.
Quote:With respect Muso, I have never said anywhere that the submarine volcanoes or any other single contributing factor is a refutation or proof in itself. I have said they are an example of the range of unknowns and of the lack of our full grasp of the complexity.
Show me where I said or implied that. My point was that they don't need to be known to any great accuracy because they couldn't possibly be emitting any significant mass of CO2 to the atmosphere. Let's put it this way, we know how much CO2 human activity is emitting. In order for volcanic activity to
match that rate would require a Pinatubo style eruption every 12 hours (give or take), which would rapidly throw us into another ice age because of the cooling effect of sulphates produced by the volcanoes.
You see, that's the other preposterous side to it. Volcanoes actually have much more of a cooling effect due to their sulphates and aerosols. An absence of volcanic activity (such as in the mid 20th century) can lead to warming. (aha you say - maybe we are overestimating volcanic activity)
Anyway, please remind me why you we talking about volcanic CO2 again? - Have you suddenly decided that the tiny proportion of CO2 in the atmosphere does actually have a substantial warming effect? Don't tell me that you have finally abandoned Soren's Law?
You see like other climate change deniers, you are
not presenting a very cohesive argument, and what's left of your credibility is currently around about 398 parts per million (but not rising in your case).
As a philosopher you must realise by now that contradicting yourself is not really very good.
Quote:But you still go off every time in your supercilious fashion, like a middle school teacher in a labcoat with groovy badges from the Smithsonian.
Thanks. I picture you more in the model of Diogenes, but let's not get too personal.