Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
ULP up at 145.9 & Premium at 161.9 !!! (Read 3064 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

ULP up at 145.9 & Premium at 161.9 !!!
Feb 26th, 2011 at 8:44pm

The local BP (British Pollution) servo had ULP at $145.9, and 95 Premium at 156.9 and 98 Premium at 161.9 !!!

any dipsticks still want to argue the merits of electric cars versus fossil fool clunkers ??

maybe when you have to fill up at those prices you'll start to have second thoughts about spending over 100 bucks each time you fill up your old clunker Smiley LOL
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2011 at 9:29am by Sir lastnail »  

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

laborfornever

Australian Politics

Re: ULP up at 145.9 & Premium at 161.9 !!!
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 10:42pm

How much does it cost to power an electric car to get 200Kms???

Today BP at Tugun was 147.9 unleaded and 164.9 premium, I run on LPG which is about 67.9 on The Gold Coast.

I agree that yes petrol is getting too expensive for those on lower incomes, I''d hate to be married with kids paying rent and filling up a car every 4-5 days

How do ppl manage????

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 9:02am

laborfornever wrote on Feb 26th, 2011 at 10:42pm:

Today BP at Tugun was 147.9 unleaded and 164.9 premium, I run on LPG which is about 67.9 on The Gold Coast.

I agree that yes petrol is getting too expensive for those on lower incomes, I''d hate to be married with kids paying rent and filling up a car every 4-5 days

How do ppl manage????

ask a peron on less than $15000 per year..

trouble is eletricity is coal powered unless they charge electric cars. without using electricity.. havent seen too many electric car power stations going up.. I am sure rusty has.. but shouldnt they be preparing for this evolution of the car industry.

I mean I have this vision of everyone carrying extention cords and I am sure its not like that at all..lol.. gawd I hope not.

as it is us pensioners wont be able to afford either.. and bikes...ummmmmmm I dont think so..lol.. fast wheelchairs maybe.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 9:11am

get some mags on that baby and we're off!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

imcrookonit
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 9:18am

Have you paid for the registration, and insurance?.   Smiley

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 9:22am

cods wrote on Feb 27th, 2011 at 9:02am:
laborfornever wrote on Feb 26th, 2011 at 10:42pm:

How do ppl manage????

ask a peron on less than $15000 per year..

trouble is eletricity is coal powered unless they charge electric cars. without using electricity.. havent seen too many electric car power stations going up.. I am sure rusty has.. but shouldnt they be preparing for this evolution of the car industry.

I mean I have this vision of everyone carrying extention cords and I am sure its not like that at all..lol.. gawd I hope not.

as it is us pensioners wont be able to afford either.. and bikes...ummmmmmm I dont think so..lol.. fast wheelchairs maybe.

you charge the car up at home when you are a sleep and you don't have to pay anywhere near the ripoff pump prices even with electricity going up in price. Install public charging stations and charge the car up while you at work. Install a rooftop PV solar array in your house and you can bring your total costs down to next to nothing, otherwise keep paying through the nose at pump if that's what you like to do so much.

But where are the electric cars ?? Nowhere to be seen of course Sad

This dude can build an EV in his own garage but Holden and Ford can't !!

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 9:23am

Quote:
Have you paid for the registration, and insurance?.   Smiley  

no rego, no insurance, I'll ride it on the footpath so watch out....try and stop me and I'll poke your eyes out with my walking stick that has a flick knife attached to it.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

imcrookonit
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 9:33am

It sounds a little bit like James Bonds car in Goldfinger.   Smiley

IP Logged

imcrookonit
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 9:37am

Does it come with the Liberal ejector seat?.    Grin

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #9 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 10:11am

The Govt. loves petrol.
Look at all the tax they get from petroleum.

Appendix_G_1_002.gif (26 KB | 40 )
Appendix_G_1_002.gif

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 10:13am

My wife uses more petrol than me running errands for our house and both our parents businesses, but gee Im glad a tank of fuel lasts about 6 or so weeks in my car.  Im glad my days of 40,000kms a year a gone as we continue to get raped by petrol prices.

The sooner we start turning our coal into fuel the better.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 10:26am

Verge wrote on Feb 27th, 2011 at 10:13am:
My wife uses more petrol than me running errands for our house and both our parents businesses, but gee Im glad a tank of fuel lasts about 6 or so weeks in my car.  Im glad my days of 40,000kms a year a gone as we continue to get raped by petrol prices.

The sooner we start turning our coal into fuel the better.

a dirt filthy and inefficient process. it's right up there with steam locomotives Sad

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 10:28am

Bobby. wrote on Feb 27th, 2011 at 10:11am:
The Govt. loves petrol.
Look at all the tax they get from petroleum.

it's why they don't want to talk about electric cars because it would shrink their pie considerably Wink

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 10:43am

WORLDS FASTEST street legal ELECTRIC CAR

Quote:
fastest street legal ELECTRIC CAR 1972 Datsun 1200 Whtie Zombie. Only about 15% of the energy from the fuel you put in your tank gets used to move your car down the road or run useful accessories, such as air conditioning. The rest of the energy is lost to engine and driveline inefficiencies and idling. Therefore, the potential to improve fuel efficiency with advanced technologies is enormous. With an Electric Car it costs just $1.00 per 100kms with MUCH more performance than with petrol at $20.00 per 100kms.@@@EVs use between 1/6th and 1/10th the energy of a comparable ICE powered car.This car is based in Oregon... there are something like 18 hydro electric power plants in that state!Datsun 1200 EV Specs:Motor - Hi Torque Electric 'Siamese 8' Series Wound DC Dual Armature 8 inchController - Zilla Z2K EHV 2000 AmpBattery - 60x 16 Ah Hawker Enersys 'Genesis' Lead-Acid 360 VoltsFinal Drive ratio - 4.11 : 1Weight - 2,450 Pounds (1,113 Kilograms)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #14 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 10:56am

Great video Nail.
Let Longweekend put that in his pipe & smoke it.   Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print